go

擁有英國或葡國護照的學生需注意

發表於 09-3-8 09:46 |顯示全部帖子
如果你計劃到英國升讀大學,你必須在入學前三年已經在英國讀書並登記為本地學生, 否則大學仍然會向你收取海外學生費。

既然擁有英國或葡國護照, 當然可以選擇入讀本地政府中學。 好處是無需支付學費, 亦有更多機會接觸英國人。

如果需要有關資料, 可以 email:
[email protected]

發表於 09-6-8 14:10 |顯示全部帖子
唔好意思, 想請問一下. 係唔係16 yrs 前到uk 公立讀先唔駛比學費 (當然係葡萄牙passport holder), 咁over 16 yrs 呢 ? 我想要多d 資料....

原帖由 Josiey 於 09-3-8 09:46 發表
如果你計劃到英國升讀大學,你必須在入學前三年已經在英國讀書並登記為本地學生, 否則大學仍然會向你收取海外學生費。

既然擁有英國或葡國護照, 當然可以選擇入讀本地政府中學。 好處是無需支付學費, 亦有更多機會接觸英 ...

發表於 09-6-9 23:52 |顯示全部帖子
學校其實提供免費教育到中七(A-LEVEL),中五之前是強制教育,教育署必須安排學童入學。中六收生則由個別學校按成績決定取錄, 未能夠被學校取錄的話, 到college上課就需要付費用。

註意是大學入學時, 如果想以本地生身份支付學費, 那學生需要在入學之前三年已經在英國居住, 否則就算你在英國出生也需要付海外生學費。

發表於 09-6-13 13:29 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# Josiey 的文章

If he holds a British passport, but is studying independent school from year 9 in the UK, is he entitled for the benefit?

Thanks

發表於 09-6-15 02:01 |顯示全部帖子
The regulation also states that 'no part of that residency was mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education.'

So if you child only come over to the UK for study, universities can always challenge his status.

Last year one of my student had problem on this matter when he was admitted to London university.  He was required to show his other connections with this country, such as letter from employers' & parents' payslip, benefits received, etc.

發表於 09-6-16 13:42 |顯示全部帖子
請問囡囡過去謮完A-Level後,再謮大學, 是不是當佢係海外生收費 ? 三年大學會否同樣當佢係海外生? 唔該!

原帖由 Josiey 於 09-6-15 02:01 發表
The regulation also states that 'no part of that residency was mainly for the purpose of receiving full-time education.'

So if you child only come over to the UK for study, universities can always ch ...

發表於 09-6-16 19:00 |顯示全部帖子
First, she must be a British or EU citizen.  
Secondly, she must have been living in the UK 3 years before she starts the university course.

For example,
university course starts on 1.10.2010.
Student should be an ordinary resident fr 1.8.2007.

And your status cannot be changed once the course start.  You may not be classified as overseas student at Y1, then a home student at Y2.

You may email me to discuss your situation
[email protected]

發表於 09-6-17 17:31 |顯示全部帖子
Josiey,
If the father owns an apartment & the mother has been paying council tax from that address, would that be sufficient?
Thanks in advance!

原帖由 Josiey 於 09-6-15 02:01 發表

So if you child only come over to the UK for study, universities can always ch ...

發表於 09-6-23 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Mow Mow

I think thats sufficient.  Just make sure the children has registered that address as home address in any application. And mother should also get an NI number, just in case for future use.

:)

發表於 09-6-29 18:38 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Josie,
Got the following info in BK.  Is it true?  Pls advise.

Re: 英國升學資料

I understand that it's not only the student has to stay in UK for 3(4?) years but also their parent has to, plus tax has been paid to UK govt before.  Nevertheless, I heard some students have successfully applied for local fees but it works in some small uni only.