用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 M academy- does it really exist?
查看: 3819|回覆: 30
go

M academy- does it really exist? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-4-21 23:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I posted in the other forums already, don't want to repeat myself here.

I am wondering whether this place really exists? I have been reading some posts about this place. The posters say this place is wonderful, and very good...etc.

However, no one knows about this place, not even the Innocentre receptionist. The place is empty when I went there today at 1:30pm.

The location is terrible.
Even the neighbouring units of the place knows nothing about the place for children.

If it's THAT good, surely people would know about it, and surely, there should be at least a SIGN that it's a place for children to learn.

It's like a "secret" place... or "illegal" place.... there is a door with "m" on it. Nothing else.
On the directory it doesn't even say "M academy" it's listed under a different name.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-4-22 01:58 |只看該作者
Is this an adv or hoax?

3#
發表於 09-4-22 02:48 |只看該作者
Why? I am a serious parent who was interested in finding out about this highly recommend place (supposedly) by other parents in the forum here.

But today, I went, and this was what I saw.

4#
發表於 09-4-22 10:39 |只看該作者
who and when parents has recommend?? Can you post the link?

5#
發表於 09-4-22 10:46 |只看該作者
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... page%3D1&page=1

6#
發表於 09-4-22 10:54 |只看該作者

That can be a hoax and adv then. There is a lot of people posting adv here, so be careful to choose, and ask more.

7#
發表於 09-4-22 11:02 |只看該作者

Maybe you can try call the school at 82011882.

8#
發表於 09-4-22 13:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-4-22 10:54 發表

That can be a hoax and adv then. There is a lot of people posting adv here, so be careful to choose, and ask more.

it was so much fun to trace the background of New "parents" posting and responding there...
It doesn't look like an Ad. , Like a drama.

9#
發表於 09-4-22 21:56 |只看該作者
What I really dont like is organizers/companies pretending that they are one of the parents and bluffing how much good lessons/courses their children have been to and ask people to pm them if they are interested.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

10#
發表於 09-4-22 21:59 |只看該作者
if they want to place a "passive" adv here, they should stay here a little longer and chat with us, before posting such "odd" post! :;pppp:

11#
發表於 09-4-22 22:23 |只看該作者
I am warning all parents here about this "M academy"... even if it was a place for children to learn, I wouldn't send my child to a location that is clearly NOT intended for this purpose. Even the receptionist of the building said there is no place for children to learn courses !

12#
發表於 09-4-23 01:27 |只看該作者

Dear Pianokc

Dear Pianokc,

My name is Danny. This morning I received a phone call from a parent about your terrible experience during a visit to M Academy. Naturally, I was very concerned.
Your frustrations are warranted – I put myself in your shoes and I could see why you feel that way. Please accept my apology for this incident which I believe to be a mix of sheer misfortune and misunderstandings.

In hindsight, there are many things I could have done to save you the unpleasant experience. For example,

-1:00-2:00pm is our lunch hour, a "we'll be back" sign could easily avoid parents waiting aimlessly at the door. I say this is sheer misfortune because we just weren't expecting guests at that hour. But again, I blame myself for overlooking the details that could have avoided situation like this altogether.

-we could better communicate with the Savills' management staff so that parents who need directions are properly directed – we have communicated this before and we thought we have communicated clearly – clearly we haven't done enough. (I have personally follow up on this matter with the management this afternoon)

-as for the terrible odors in the hallway, although I'm not aware of any nor did I receive complaints from children or parents, I have immediately requested the Savills management to take proactive measures to investigate and resolve this matter.

And to answer your question at the beginning of this post – yes, M Academy exists. I think the best way to dispel your rightful skepticism is to get you in touch with the parents of the children currently enrolled in our programs. Furthermore, it would mean a great deal to me if I could clarify any misunderstandings you may have in person – it's the least I could do. Unfortunately I don't have your contact information so I will have to rely on you to call us. (I assume you can access our contact info through our website.)

If any other parents have concerns or questions, I encourage you to get in touch with me. As the saying goes, "understanding brings people together and keeps the love and peace in our world."

:)
Danny

13#
發表於 09-4-23 02:27 |只看該作者
Thank you Mr Danny, I see you are one of the teachers there that are "praised" by other parents.

I was actually there at 12:30pm after I picked up my kids from school in Kln Tong. Not 1:30.....my mistake.

And don't quite understand how any learning center would "NOT expect" any guests to show up during office hours ? Like I said, it must be a very small place you are running then?

I was very keen in bringing my children to M academy, but I will leave this "trial" for other parents for now.

Thanks though for your reply.

It's funny how come there is no name listed in the directory board, the building isn't aware of your existence, nor your neighbours at Room 417.
This only signifies there is very little traffic in and out of this "center".

Regarding the "odor" I can't see how you can possibly have "fresh" air from that hallway... there is no air to circulate at all there....it was body odour yesterday, it could very well be something else... honestly, it's just a place suitable or intended for children's education.

Your website looks very impressive though.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-4-23 02:41 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-4-23 13:50 |只看該作者
hey guys, who are you? Why you post your personal communication here? Sound odd to me... your guys should exchange email and talk.

If this is a negative advertisment try to arouse our interest, then may be this is the wrong place......

15#
發表於 09-4-23 19:22 |只看該作者
no popolung, I am just a parent who was interested in this place because of other parents recommending it.... but I too hate it when it's a hoax or "advertisement" pretend not to be.

So, that's the end of this.

16#
發表於 09-6-12 03:50 |只看該作者

I'm a "real" parent whose kid is a student in M Academy

Hi, alls,
I'm a "real" parent and my daughter have been taking English course in M Academy for a few weeks.
Why do I "stand up" and say something even though my daughter is still a fresh student to the place?  It's because the way some parents described the place is too horrible.
Yes, to some parents, the place might not be what's on their minds (lI mean not so fancy / kindergarten-look like other kid's learning centre)
However, my daughter enjoys the lessons there and I really appreciate the teachers' attitude. They're keen in teaching my daughter something serious.  Although they still have room to improve (so do other learning centres) in terms of their furnishing, communications,...

To be frank, my daughter's English proficiency is quite good.  It's because I read a lot with my daughter and my daughter also reads a lot on her own.  What I'm looking for is a mentor with good teaching skills and a serious English curriculum to nurture my daughter's English development.
I'm paving the way for my daughter to be a good writer and able to use her words to influence others. I'm not a good writer myself but I can see my daughter's talent in this area.  From my chit-chat with the teachers at the first meet-up, I decided to give each other a chance and see whether it works.  I did not kill the chance because of the environment / odour.
Up to now, I can't make any comments on their course since it's too early.  I'll leave it to, at least, after the summer course.  And, if you're willing to listen, I'll still be here to share.

17#
發表於 09-6-14 02:07 |只看該作者
hi real parents.

18#
發表於 09-6-14 12:32 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

19#
發表於 09-6-15 22:36 |只看該作者

What business connection?!

Don't think too much, please.
I'm only sharing something on my experience about M Academy and my daughter's little progress overthere.  

Can there be any positive words about M Academy from myself?! So far, I only heard parents' comments on their environment, location,....Being the parent of one of their students, can I stand up and say something?

Everyone can be doubt about others' identity over the internet world.  And, I'll be very glad if any parents of other M Acad students can be here to share their kids' progress after taking their classes.

As what I mentioned, my daughter has only started overthere for a few weeks. I need others' opinions / comments also.  I know the environment / furnishing and location and I feel comfortable with those "hardware".  What I concern is the results from taking their classes.

20#
發表於 09-6-16 08:50 |只看該作者
I do not have any kid is studying at M Academy. But one of parent in bk who recommended this center to me and her son did accept by two top tier primary schools (one is co-ed and one is boy school). I am not saying this center helped the kid to got the offers from these two top schools, but I am thinking is - it should be not too bad?

Eventhough I cannot say anything for this center because I am not the parent of this center now. But everyone have their own expectation. May some parent focus on the output.  May some parent focus on overall issue such as location, envoirnment, staff's behaviour, output etc.

But it is really quite strange that if there has no any sign on the building's directory, the center is closed/does not expect guests during lunch hour or the security guy seems didn't know the center.

I agree that the above points could influence the impressions and feelings of a center.

[ 本帖最後由 ysnmama 於 09-6-16 08:57 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題