原帖由 melaniec 於 09-11-12 15:06 發表
請問有無青衣esf的家長可以給點comments?

你們的小朋友讀這間kinder, 小學是否都會選esf 的小學 ?
如讀這裡的kinder, 小一出去找local的學校又是否適合 ?

這裡上堂都是全英嗎 ?有多少外國人? 中國人 ?

謝謝給予意 ...

1. this is my only reason here;
2. I will not be here if i am thinking of local primary;
3. lessons are all in english except mandarin; most students here are Chinese.

3#
發表於 09-11-12 22:01 |只看該作者
我是這間幼稚園K2學生的家長, 真實的經驗是, 這間幼稚園的行政及教學都一團糟:

1. 在小一面試及各ESF Primary School Teachers 來校觀察學生表現前突然大舉調班, 現在不少K2的老師只與學生相處兩三周, 然後就要寫學生的 Language Report;

2. 配合突而其來的調班, 為了讓班主任熟悉學生, 連每周僅有的一節Mandarin也取消了. 如果升讀ESF Primary School, 很大可能中文被編到最差的Pathway 班別;

3. 有61名學生居然在本周開始進行"English Enrichment Program", 當其他同學在Studio Time 畫畫或唱遊時, 這些學生要離群"谷"英文. 美其名是為這些英文達不到面試水平的學生做最後衝刺, 但想深一層, 如果真的教得好, 為甚麼在全英的環境下還有這麼多學生到 K2 仍然要在最後關頭 進行"Enrich".  更何況, 這絕對不是一個 good lable to be attached to the Language Report.

4#
發表於 09-11-12 23:36 |只看該作者
I'm also K2 parent, just want to say in my kid's class, still have mandarin class every week.  For the english enrichment program, i only know they have that program but so far i haven't received any info, how do you know there's 61 students??      

原帖由 ctyu 於 09-11-12 22:01 發表

1. 在小一面試及各ESF Primary School Teachers 來校觀察學生表現前突然大舉調班, 現在不少K2的老師只與學生相處兩三周, 然後就要寫學 ...

5#
發表於 09-11-13 00:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

6#
發表於 09-11-13 08:47 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

7#
發表於 09-11-13 10:01 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 09-11-13 11:57 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

9#
發表於 09-11-13 12:36 |只看該作者
Hi~Ctyu,
How do you know there's 61 students joined Enrichment program?

Hi~jar,
May I Know how many places of SJS P1? Thank you.

10#
發表於 09-11-13 13:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 ctyu 於 09-11-12 22:01 發表

1. 在小一面試及各ESF Primary School Teachers 來校觀察學生表現前突然大舉調班, 現在不少K2的老師只與學生相處兩三周, 然後就要寫學 ...

1. As a K1 TY parents, I could imagine how angry and worried you (and the rest of K2 parents) are : experienced such a big change 3 months before intereview;
2. On the first day I've decided ESF TY, I will not expect too much on Chinese/Mandarin from the school (They have already mentioned in their website that there will be at introductory Chinese/Mandarin). As a Chinese parent (I thought u are too), I will be thinking alternative way to "enrich" my child Chinese (not only for Primary Stage but for survival 20 years later!);
3. "English Enrichment Program" : Don't forget while applying for K1, ESF kinder choose children by Categories and then rest are almost random. U can expect their are always be a group of children do not have good English background in PN stage; may do nothing "Enrichment" in K1 stage by the families. The school has already provided "English Enrichment Program" to strength them before P1 interview. I don't think we should blame at the school;
4. "Labelling Effect?" - as far as i know, ESF kinder keeps a very high hit rate to ESF primary (Please do correct me if i was wrong). No matter how messy the kindergarten run, as long as they can send your child to the ESF primary you desire (I guess it is one of important reason we send our children to ESF kinder) eventually, what else i can blame the school?
5. When u visit this forum later, you will be seeing so many Cat. 2 non-ESF IS kindergarten parents with no sibling priorities worrying of not having a chance for ESF P1 interview, U will be glad that you are not one of them just becuase you are one of ESF TY parents.
Anyway, these are all my personal feelings only.

11#
發表於 09-11-13 16:34 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 oooray 於 09-11-13 13:34 發表

Just some clarifications:

My kid is not in English Enrichment Program.  So I wrote the above not because I'm angry with kids being put into special program, but just to share some of the experiences and observations.

The number "61 kids attending Enrichment Program" - got from school volunteering parents and also from parents whose kids are in the Enrichment program.

True, the advantage of sending a kid to an ESF Kinder is that you'll get a priority for primary school interview (that's the major reason I sent my kid to it).  But don't assume his/her English would be automatically up to the level of what P1 interview requires.  In the past years there had been high failure rates at the first round of P1 interview. Although most kids finally got accepted in round 2, you can imagine how nervous the parents would have been if they had to prepare for a 2nd round.  It isn't a straight-through train as some of the parents might have perceived.

There are other international kindergartens that have very high rates in being successful in ESF P1 interviews and of which the quality of education is probably better.  It's too late for my kid to transfer to another kinder but for the parents whose kids are about to attend a kinder, do conduct some research before you make the decision.

12#
發表於 09-11-13 22:33 |只看該作者
My son is also from ESF TY.  I also didn't receive any info on the English Enrichment Programme, will the teachers inform parennts before implementing this?

13#
發表於 09-11-14 09:50 |只看該作者
May I get you some of my experience that I have come across last year.  My kid was from Abacus, when it was few months before the interview, the class teacher just gave out a letter to all the Cat. 2 students to remind them to do something to improve the kid's English.  Most of the Cat. 2 parents at that time were very nervous and tried whatever method to enhance their english ability.  When the interview letter sent out, most of us (Cat 2) kids were just in waiting list.  Can you imagine our feelings?

Now ESF TY is able to provide kids with English Enrich Program, to me, I would appreciate rather than blame the school.  At least they try to help their student rather than ask the parents to solve it out by themselves.  

ESF may not be a good kindergarten, but kids there are happy and creative.  What else could we expect?  Relex, kids at this age is suppose to have fun.  They will do very well later on, I believe.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題