密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St Catherine Vs 學之園 (海帆)
查看: 13375|回覆: 55
go

St Catherine Vs 學之園 (海帆) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-29 15:43 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
我本來無特別preference, 但見個囡返左學之園之後好開心,老師又好好,所以越來越鍾意學之園,剛剛收到SC AM offer (因C6勁鍾意SC,話佢個placement result 好好,所以報左),宜家搞到我心大心細,唔知轉唔轉好,好驚個囡唔鍾意。唔知有無人上年好似我咁,最後有無轉到呢?其實SC係唔係真係咁好呢?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-29 16:55 |只看該作者
If I were you, I will leave my child at 學之園 because both schools are equally good.

FYI, my daughter graduated from St. Cat but I can see graduates from 學之園 are brilliant and well trained for local primary schools too.  Besides, both of them offer NET and Mandarin teachers.  It is not necessary to change another school.

原帖由 sp3014 於 09-11-29 15:43 發表
我本來無特別preference, 但見個囡返左學之園之後好開心,老師又好好,所以越來越鍾意學之園,剛剛收到SC AM offer (因C6勁鍾意SC,話佢個placement result 好好,所以報左),宜家搞到我心大心細,唔知轉唔轉好,好驚個囡唔鍾意。唔 ...

3#
發表於 09-11-29 17:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 chingyu 於 09-11-29 16:55 發表
If I were you, I will leave my child at 學之園 because both schools are equally good.

FYI, my daughter graduated from St. Cat but I can see graduates from 學之園 are brilliant and well trained for lo ...

totally agree with your views.

I think unless the kid got offers of "through-train" kinder, like SPK, GH, TL, PC,  etc., it's not worth to give up LH as it's really a v. v. gd school!

4#
發表於 09-11-29 21:05 |只看該作者
學之園d老師真係好好架,好細心架,好有heart架。

但係我同d friend講,佢地都好似C6咁話緊係sc啦,話咁出名無理由唔去,我覺得學之園只係d名氣無sc咁響,我所以都好矛盾..........

5#
發表於 09-11-29 21:55 |只看該作者
Learning Habitat is really that good??  I also want to hear more others' comments.

6#
發表於 09-11-29 22:21 |只看該作者
我個囡讀海帆學之園, 老師非常好, 我們囡讀得好開心及學到好多好嘢, 中英同樣大有長步

7#
發表於 09-11-30 12:36 |只看該作者
We didn't apply for St Cat, KV nor York etc, those famous kinder in Kowloon Tong.  Our son is also studying at LH (TKT) campus now.  So far, he is very happy with his school life and his Can and NET teachers love him a lot, a very caring school.  We will only consider those "one-dragon" kinders this year.  So if we ae luckily enought to have a seat there, we may change, otherwise, we will stay in LH.

8#
發表於 09-11-30 13:45 |只看該作者
speaking of LH, I heard good comments about it.  My son answered all questions asked during interview, he is now attending not a bad PN either, got accepted by SC already, I wonder why both PN and K1 didn't take him.  Just wondering what their admission criteria, sporty, good language skills, out spoken parents? .....as I still have a daughter, wonder how to prepare her.

LH is the only kinder so far that I get to meet the PRINCIPAL during interview.  They seem very serious about the process.  .....cos I didn't answer the principal questions until the end during group interview..she said it was only a chatting moment to get to know the parents more, were marks counted then?

9#
發表於 09-11-30 14:25 |只看該作者
One more thing you need to consider is school time.
SC - only pm for K2, am for K3.
LH - you can keep am or pm till K3.

Of course SC's brand may help for apply P1, however, 'qualified & well-equipped' kids is the key to win.

原帖由 sp3014 於 09-11-29 21:05 發表
學之園d老師真係好好架,好細心架,好有heart架。

但係我同d friend講,佢地都好似C6咁話緊係sc啦,話咁出名無理由唔去,我覺得學之園只係d名氣無sc咁響,我所以都好矛盾.......... ...

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 09-11-30 16:10 |只看該作者
SC, 如果我無記錯, ST. Catherine K2 無 NET 斑主任.

我仔係讀學之園(LV), 學之園教學真係唔錯, 上年我囝讀咗K1後, 我初時都仲有去報其他名校, 如SC, 維記, 兩間都收咗我囝, 但我地兩公婆最後都決定小朋友留學之園讀.  黎到今年K2, 我真係無悔留小朋友喺學之園, 決定係無錯.

SC 同維記, 名氣可能係比學之園大, 但我始終係對學之園嘅教學以及用心有種莫名嘅信任.  而且我有諗, 幾年後, 學之園會成為一間同SC 以及維記齊名嘅學校.  

而且我仔係一日比一日進步, 英文同日文都係一句一句講, 同仔隨時都可用3種語言溝通.  

其實我係好多謝學之園.

其實而家學之園嘅學位都唔係容易入, 因為真係好多人apply.

[ 本帖最後由 眼超超 於 09-11-30 17:30 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-11-30 16:17 |只看該作者
Can you share more about LH's math and Chinese? I believe language is their strength, just want to know does LH keep balance cirrumlum? Thanks!

Got offer of (PE) pm at HL.
原帖由 眼超超 於 09-11-30 16:10 發表
SC, 如果我無記錯, ST. Catherine K2 英文, 唔係 NET 教.
我仔係讀學之園(LV), 學之園教學真係唔錯, 上年我囝讀咗K1後, 我初時都仲有去報其他名校, 如SC, 維記, 兩間都收咗我囝, 但我地兩公婆最後都決定小朋友留學之 ...

醒目開學勳章

12#
發表於 09-11-30 17:18 |只看該作者
原帖由 eggmama 於 09-11-30 16:17 發表
Can you share more about LH's math and Chinese? I believe language is their strength, just want to know does LH keep balance cirrumlum? Thanks!

Got offer of (PE) pm at HL.

sorry, 剛才有嘢做.

唔講英文.

學之園, K2先開始要寫字, 因為佢地唔prefer小朋友太早渣筆.  今年我囝k2, 開始咗寫字, 中文字, 數字, 英文字都開始咗,  由淺至深.  中文由學期初寫"一"開始, 而家寫緊"耳" / "雨", 英文寫緊Lower letter, 數學寫緊雙位數.

簡單加數, 我囝已經識.  中文生字, 我仔識默(不過學校無要求佢地默書), 唔知會唔會學校激發咗我仔興趣, 我仔而家好肯認字, 連學校未教, 書本亦無嘅字, 佢都會好主動問我點讀.

13#
發表於 09-11-30 17:35 |只看該作者
thank you so much for your sharing.
Do you think LH kids are presentable? Any training (e.g. reading news/telling story in front class) provided by school? Start from K1, PE class are taught by NET?
原帖由 眼超超 於 09-11-30 17:18 發表

sorry, 剛才有嘢做.

唔講英文.

學之園, K2先開始要寫字, 因為佢地唔prefer小朋友太早渣筆.  今年我囝k2, 開始咗寫字, 中文字, 數字, 英文字都開始咗,  由淺至深.  中文由學期初寫"一"開始, 而家寫緊"耳" / "雨", ...

14#
發表於 09-11-30 17:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 眼超超 於 09-11-30 17:18 發表
唔知會唔會學校激發咗我仔興趣, 我仔而家好肯認字, 連學校未教, 書本亦無嘅字, 佢都會好主動問我點讀.

so good!

my boy in LH PN, previously didn't know any Cantonese (and requested me to translate the Chinese story books to English to him) now becomes v. interested in learning Chinese words. Whenever I read Chinese story books to him, he askes about the pronounication of the words.

btw, would u mind sharing about the phonics progress of K2 kids in LH? r they teaching blending?

15#
發表於 09-11-30 19:34 |只看該作者
PHONICS in LH is not as good as SC.
It had better add some supplement.
Anyhow, many kids in SC also take extra Eng courses outside the school.  
It depends how much you expect for your kids.

原帖由 eggmama 於 09-11-30 17:35 發表
Do you think LH kids are presentable? Any training (e.g. reading news/telling story in front class) provided by school? Start from K1, PE class are taught by NET?  ...

16#
發表於 09-12-1 01:25 |只看該作者
Which phonics teaching system is used in SC?  How is it better than LH?

原帖由 chingyu 於 09-11-30 19:34 發表
PHONICS in LH is not as good as SC.
It had better add some supplement.
Anyhow, many kids in SC also take extra Eng courses outside the school.  
It depends how much you expect for your kids.

17#
發表於 09-12-1 23:10 |只看該作者
唔好意思想問句
學之園, "海帆" 同 "青衣", 有冇大分別? 係米都係去海帆好D?

18#
發表於 09-12-2 00:24 |只看該作者
My kid is studying in LH (HL) for K1.  Honestly I am amazed at their superb phonics training.  Being an IPA learner, I must admit that learning IPA is a boring and uneasy task.  I was amused to see the interests of kids are stimulated, maintained and the kids are able to apply to their daily learning on their actual life.  As my kid has been enroled in a bilingual Mandarin and English class, I find my kid is able to swap language Eng and PTH and even cantonese according to context and able to perform a bit of blending.

I am not sure abt SC, can SC parents pls share what phonics systems they are using (heard that SC is using own system)

I think the good point abt LH is that they know each kid individually and by heart, they observe your kid and pay attention to.  When I took my bb to school. everyone including reception, principal and every single ee all can called her name direct.  Excellent parental support by providing all different kinds of very good talks and school visits.

The higher course fee of LH x 12 mths was actually paid to the longer time span the NET spent in the class but I still feel it worth for $

There was times that I was given a chance to consider a thorough train school and that implied the decision to give up LH.  My gut feel is that I should not want to give up LH but studying both schools concurrently.  The decision is a tough call but only proven that to me LH is a quality school and it was a tough decision to consider giving up.

19#
發表於 09-12-2 00:29 |只看該作者
They have confidence building session, they need to show and tell in front of class

net based teacher stays in the class for the whole school day.  Staying in class even during snack breaks

原帖由 eggmama 於 09-11-30 17:35 發表
Do you think LH kids are presentable? Any training (e.g. reading news/telling story in front class) provided by school? Start from K1, PE class are taught by NET?  ...

20#
發表於 09-12-2 06:57 |只看該作者
Thanks for your information, enhance my confidence towards LH. Do you mean that your kid is studying 2 kinders now? How do you arrange the lunch and nap time? How do you tell your bb WHY he/she need to go to 2 schools? I have such plan in my mind but still many Qs.

You may also PM me is you think that's more comfortable. Thanks.
原帖由 Babyeddie 於 09-12-2 00:29 發表
They have confidence building session, they need to show and tell in front of class

net based teacher stays in the class for the whole school day.  Staying in class even during snack breaks
‹ 上一主題|下一主題