用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 To DC G1 Parents, which Kinder did your kid went?
發新帖
查看: 2824|回覆: 8
go

To DC G1 Parents, which Kinder did your kid went?

發表於 10-2-7 23:48 |顯示全部帖子
As topic.

My target is DC, i'm considering wondering which kinder shall I plan for my girl.

發表於 10-2-8 01:14 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# rach_mama 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-2-8 11:16 |顯示全部帖子
Are you talking about Discovery College? Of course, ESF Kinder.

原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-7 23:48 發表
As topic.

My target is DC, i'm considering wondering which kinder shall I plan for my girl.

發表於 10-2-8 11:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cuteb 於 10-2-8 01:14 發表
I thought you would let your daughter study at Anfield, wouldn't you?

I was planning to put her at Anfield all the way to K2. But, I read a thread that scared me. My target is Discovery College for her primary and secondary. There is a BK mum told me that none of Anfield get interview chance at DC this year. Not at all...this worry me so much!!

Therefore, I have to make sure I secure her a chance to interview at DC.

cuteb, so are you going to Anfield this Sep too?

發表於 10-2-8 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
If you are targeting in DC, the best way is to send your kid to ESF kindergarten starting from K1 to enjoy the  priority of interview or secure a place of interview. WKS kinder K2 students have waiver this year (study for two terms rule)  mainly due to newly open of WKS kinder in Aug 2009.

If your kid is a sibling of current DC student, then it doesnt matter which kinder your kid is studying.

Below is the list of priority provided by Discovery College website:

Students applying for enrolment to Discovery College may be placed on a waiting list. Where such waiting lists occur, priority for an admissions interview will be based on the following criteria; students who are:

·                            1.   Siblings of students already attending Discovery
College

·                             2.   Children from ESF Educational Services Ltd kindergartens (for start of Year 1 only).

·                              3.  Former
Discovery
College students returning from a period overseas

·                             4.   Children of former Discovery
College students.

This means, for  example, that a sibling of a student currently enrolled at Discovery College will be offered an interview before a former student returning from overseas, or a student who does not fit any of the priority categories above.

[ 本帖最後由 jjson 於 10-2-8 12:15 編輯 ]

發表於 10-2-8 13:08 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# rach_mama 的文章

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-2-8 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 jjson 於 10-2-8 12:10 發表
If you are targeting in DC, the best way is to send your kid to ESF kindergarten starting from K1 to enjoy the  priority of interview or secure a place of interview. WKS kinder K2 students have waiver ...

Is that mean those WSK on waiting list did the interview, but just didn't get offer of a place?

My daughter is the only child where I don't have any benefit on the priority list unless I send her to ESF kinder as you said.

That seems to be the only way to secure the interview chance.

發表於 10-2-8 18:41 |顯示全部帖子
I mean if you send your kid to study in ESF kinder starting from K2 in the school year of 2010 (Aug), ESF will not give you any priority for interview as they only grant a priority of interview for those kids who are studying their kindergarten from K1 till K2 i.e. two terms rule.

However, there is waiver for WKS kinder K2 students this year who are applying for the school year of 2010 in those ESF primary school / RC / DC , they dont need to study in ESF for two terms but are promised by ESF management for granting a priority of interview.

As I guess your kid is studying K1 now, and if you want to transfer your kid to ESF for K2 in the school year of 2010 Aug, ESF may not give you the priority of interview, you have to check with ESF before action though ESF states clearly in the website the priority is only given to students who attend two terms in ESF kinder.

I understand you want to make a smooth path for your kid so pls check before action. I dont want you to get into wrong track.

Besides, even kids who passed an interview do not guarantee a place, it is based on the priority and Random number assigned to each kid (you never know the random number and just like the lucky draw).  I assume the earlier the random number, the bigger the chance within same category but ESF wont disclose the random number to you, therefore, it all depends on the luck but of course, the first place is to pass the interview and whether get accepted or not which  is mainly depending on your priority category as well as your random number assigned.  

Pls see below from DC website:
All Year 1 and Year 7 applications received within the Application Period (Year 1 from 01 September - 30 September 2009; Year 7 from 01 September – 30 September 2009) are PROCESSED IN RANDOM ORDER and are assigned a computer generated sequential number. From this list, students are then ordered according to the priority categories.  

原帖由 rach_mama 於 10-2-8 15:05 發表

Is that mean those WSK on waiting list did the interview, but just didn't get offer of a place?

My daughter is the only child where I don't have any benefit on the priority list unless I send her t ...

[ 本帖最後由 jjson 於 10-2-8 18:58 編輯 ]

發表於 10-2-8 23:50 |顯示全部帖子
My girl will not apply K1 till Oct this year. So, thanks for your advice.

You're right! It's like lucky draw.