用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 蘇浙 / 嶺南 - 你會讀邊間?
查看: 4054|回覆: 44
go

蘇浙 / 嶺南 - 你會讀邊間?

發表於 10-4-1 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
有"蘇浙 / 嶺南"offer係手, 但唔知讀邊間好?  兩間都無post小一派位資料係網, 好煩。  讀邊間好呢, 請問你有什麼意見?

發表於 10-4-1 20:49 |顯示全部帖子

蘇浙 / 嶺南 - 你會讀邊間?

Personally I like 嶺南 better as 蘇浙 campus is not very good. As it locates at the groundfloor of the primary school and where parked with many big school buses. The conditions are not ideal for the little kids. Unlike 嶺南, the kindergarten owns the whole building with fresh air around.

發表於 10-4-3 19:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cccbaby 於 10-4-1 20:49 發表
Personally I like 嶺南 better as 蘇浙 campus is not very good. As it locates at the groundfloor of the primary school and where parked with many big school buses. The conditions are not ideal for the  ...

cccbaby,
Thanks for your comments.  I do agree that the campus is Lingnan better.  However, Lingnan is very far away from my home (I lived in Chai Wan). Would it be too tough for a N1 kid (08大仔) to travel by school bus for 30-45mins?  Morover, their cirrculum is quite simple and mainly conducted by Cantonese.  Both school sure have their own advantages & disadvanges.    Tried to get more info about their P1 allocation result, however, I can't find it on their website.

發表於 10-4-8 14:47 |顯示全部帖子
I would prefer 蘇浙 for its Mandarin exposure....

發表於 10-4-9 17:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Kim08 於 10-4-8 14:47 發表
I would prefer 蘇浙 for its Mandarin exposure....

thanks.  really hard to make the final decision.

發表於 10-4-14 17:59 |顯示全部帖子
any more advice?

發表於 10-4-15 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
I had a v bad experience during the interview @ 蘇浙..I really found the NET , who interviewed my son,  is really bad & 'NO heart' at all!!

If u ask me, I wont choose 蘇浙!

發表於 10-4-15 00:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 HealthyB 於 10-4-15 00:35 發表
I had a v bad experience during the interview @ 蘇浙..I really found the NET , who interviewed my son,  is really bad & 'NO heart' at all!!

Hahaha, we had a strange experience with the NET at So Jit interview too.  She was so unprepared, we sat there for at least 5 min watching her read her "cheat sheet".  Then the first question she asked was if we had any questions.  Then she started writing comments but asked us how we spell "behave".  When we answered correctly, she said "are you sure there isn't a U in the spelling?"  We weren't sure if she was for real or just testing us.  hahaha....funny

發表於 10-4-15 09:41 |顯示全部帖子
For me, 蘇浙 definitely for the language development of the kid too. You will be amazed to see so many children who can master 3 language well in 蘇浙 KG. It is not easy to get a place in 蘇浙 PN, don't give up.

I think each KG has its own fans or the persons against it.  Comments on a school all depend on the teachers that she/he has meet and the experience that she/he has with the school, and the expectation that the she/he has with the school.  

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 00:44 發表

Hahaha, we had a strange experience with the NET at So Jit interview too.  She was so unprepared, we sat there for at least 5 min watching her read her "cheat sheet".  Then the first question she a ...

發表於 10-4-15 10:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 HealthyB 於 10-4-15 00:35 發表

HealthyB, I totally agree with you. Was the NET in short hair?? My boys were interviewed her and she's kind of rude and no heart...therefore my impression of this school isn't really good, although I was alumni....

發表於 10-4-15 14:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-15 09:41 發表
For me, 蘇浙 definitely for the language development of the kid too. You will be amazed to see so many children who can master 3 language well in 蘇浙 KG. It is not easy to get a place in 蘇浙 PN, don ...

Hi Sorb, I agree with you.  That was my reason for applying to So Jit.  Unfortunately, the NET really didn't impress me.  I guess, it might not be a fair assessment of the school and other teachers.  However, these teachers represent the school so hard to not think like that.  In anycase, we were a little worry about the NET's level after the interview, even before we know the results.   I think it's good the kids do so well in SO Jit.  Otherwise, there won't be so many applicants each year.  

發表於 10-4-15 14:49 |顯示全部帖子
I aslo agreed with you that when compared to other PN/KG interviews that I had with my girl in the past 2 years, So Jit is not good in running its interview.  It's interview also gave me a -ve impression of the school 2 years ago.  Especially when I compared it to the interview arrangement of Victoria. Victoria's interview is so organised, just like going to playgroup : )  This is why I had also struggled if I should choose So Jit PN 2 years ago.

After my girl studying in it for more than 1.5 years, I am pretty satisfied with this school.  My girl enjoys going to school very very much and can master 2 languages quite well (Mandarin with no input from family), which is really out of my expecation.  Thus, I will recommend it to you if you don't mind this school has some room for improvement with its adminstration......which affect mainly the parents, not the child.

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 14:14 發表

Hi Sorb, I agree with you.  That was my reason for applying to So Jit.  Unfortunately, the NET really didn't impress me.  I guess, it might not be a fair assessment of the school and other teachers. ...

發表於 10-4-15 14:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-15 14:49 發表
I aslo agreed with you that when compared to other PN/KG interviews that I had with my girl in the past 2 years, So Jit is not good in running its interview.  It's interview also gave me a -ve impress ...

Hi Sorb, thank you for your perspective.  For now, So Jit is not an option for us unfortunately.  Though the NET teacher said she'll "put in a good word" for us, we did not get accepted.  Guess we'll need to wait for K1 application.     (pls don't get me wrong....I'm not bad mouthing So Jit because  my kids didn't get accepted )

發表於 10-4-15 15:05 |顯示全部帖子
No worry, Twinsmummy, I think no one will think that way from the messages you have left in BK.

Apply next year and make the choice among the offers that you have again next year.  KCS KG is easier to enter than KCS PN as KG has far more places (more than double) than PN and some KCS PN students will go to KCIS or other more famous KGs on HK Island.

Next year if you really apply, choose Chinese as the medium of interview lah : )

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 14:53 發表

Hi Sorb, thank you for your perspective.  For now, So Jit is not an option for us unfortunately.  Though the NET teacher said she'll "put in a good word" for us, we did not get accepted.  Guess we'l ...

發表於 10-4-15 15:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-15 15:05 發表
No worry, Twinsmummy, I think no one will think that way from the messages you have left in BK.

Apply next year and make the choice among the offers that you have again next year.  KCS KG is easier  ...

Thanks for your advice.  I'm not sure if we can choose Chinese as the medium as my girls' Chinese is not good.  We're starting to speak more Cantonese at home and I see improvement.  Not sure where they will be by the time we interview again.  I would say their Mandarin might be a tad bit better than their Cantonese since their PTH teacher now is very strict.  Plus we just put them in a PTH playgroup.

發表於 10-4-15 16:21 |顯示全部帖子
Actually, unlike PN interview where we can choose among 3 languages.  KCS KG only allows parents to choose between Mandarin and English.  I originally planned English as my Mandarin is not that good.  Don't know why, we choosed Mandarin when being asked by the teacher on the interview day.  The teacher spoke to us in Mandarine (the teacher can speak Cantonese), I tried to answer in Mandarine first but changed quickly to Cantonese as I feel ashamed of my Mandarin.......so, my interview is actually a combination of Cantonese and Mandarin (with little bit of English). So, I don't think any problem if your girl chooses Chinese for interview next year.

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 15:47 發表

Thanks for your advice.  I'm not sure if we can choose Chinese as the medium as my girls' Chinese is not good.  We're starting to speak more Cantonese at home and I see improvement.  Not sure where  ...

發表於 10-4-15 18:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 15:47 發表

Thanks for your advice.  I'm not sure if we can choose Chinese as the medium as my girls' Chinese is not good.  We're starting to speak more Cantonese at home and I see improvement.  Not sure where  ...

Thanks for all your advice.  However, seems most of the comments are mainly on KCS.  Frankly, it's really hard to search info/comments on Lingnan.  

BTW, would you mind let me know which PTH playgroups your girls is attending.  I'm interested on it too.  Thx in advance.

發表於 10-4-15 19:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-4-15 18:04 發表

Thanks for all your advice.  However, seems most of the comments are mainly on KCS.  Frankly, it's really hard to search info/comments on Lingnan.  

BTW, would you mind let me know which PTH playgr ...

Actually, I'm trying to decide between LN pm and Victoria am.  It's true info on LN is not a lot.  It's a good school no doubt but I'm not sure about Cantonese only and prospect of their K3 students.

My girls are learning PTH playgroup at Le Beaumont (Gifted Baby class).  Their teacher is super nice and they enjoy their class so far (Ms Cai is better).

發表於 10-4-16 09:35 |顯示全部帖子
Twinsmmy, if I were you......I would not have any headache in choosing between the 2 offers.

Firstly, AM class is far more better than PM class for arranging the rest time and activity time for children.  I have given up offer of a famous KG because it is PM class as I value proper afternoon sleep more important to a little kid.

Secondly, you also weight the language element of a school as important, so no doubt, Victoria is very strong in this area.

So, I will suggest you choose Victoria PN first and then apply other KGs next year and have Victoria KG as a back-up. Unlike PN, there are many choices of good KGs next year.  

原帖由 twinsmummy 於 10-4-15 19:29 發表

Actually, I'm trying to decide between LN pm and Victoria am.  It's true info on LN is not a lot.  It's a good school no doubt but I'm not sure about Cantonese only and prospect of their K3 students ...

發表於 10-4-16 12:14 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-4-16 09:35 發表
Twinsmmy, if I were you......I would not have any headache in choosing between the 2 offers.

Firstly, AM class is far more better than PM class for arranging the rest time and activity time for child ...

HI Sorb, I agree with your decision logic.  We are leaning towards Victoria as I know the girls already enjoy their PG there and they will continue to enjoy PN and KG.  We'll apply to other KG next year but we know we're still safe with Vic.  We're starting to think about SIS.  Do you know about this school?