go

名牌幼稚園對入好小學係咪真係咁重要?

發表於 10-6-9 17:38 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 10-6-10 01:56 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-6-10 02:45 |顯示全部帖子

important?

Getting into top government schools is dependent on lucky draw.   There is small 5% places allocated to cross areas.   So kindergarten does not matter.   Most top government schools operate elite classes.  

Getting into private schools requires luck and interview performance.  Does kindergarten matters?   Probably.

Getting in is one thing and surviving is another.   Here is story of 2 kids attending the same top government school.   Kid A comes from famous kindergarten and the other from average kinder.   Kid A is top 3 of the class.  Kid B start school year struggling and had to take remedial classes.  Kid B's parent were told the kid had learning difficulties.  Kid B now takes after school outside remedial classes to keep up.  

Another story of 2 kids, similarly from different kinders, one famous and the other average, and now attending top government school.  Former kid is in the top bunch and other near the bottom.   

Getting in is just part of equation.  Surviving the 6 years is other.  

Even government schools need to keep their reputations by producing be students to band 1 secondary schools.

發表於 10-6-10 03:03 |顯示全部帖子

學劵?

學劵 comes at price.  Kinders accepting 學劵 are required to follow education department guidelines.  Hence, most famous kinders are not hinder by this.

發表於 10-6-10 08:26 |顯示全部帖子
I pay for my girl's kindergarten and feel that it gives me what I need. Native speakers and small class size. The kid is well-equipped with language development and her classmates are from similar background.

I can't surely say interviews depend only on kindergarten, but I think it worths because learning language is very important at an early age. As I observe, most of her classmates got offers from private and DSS schools. Then, you can have a choice of what you want. For central allocation, the EDB allocated a school which we won't consider, lucky that we have a private school to backup.

發表於 10-6-10 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
如果經濟能力應付得來,選一間有名的幼稚園也好,因為一間學校出名總有原因,尤其是歷史攸久的那些。

但如果一年五萬是太大數目的話,就不應勉強,切勿讓經濟壓力做成家庭問題。而且,投放愈多,難免期望也愈大。我們總不能認為子女進了名校便會飛,若子女表現未如理想的話,家長自己可能會不悅,並對子女給予更大的壓力,而子女也不會因為入讀名校而感到開心(因他也不知道什麼是名校)。而且,如果將來多數選擇小一派位而不是去考直資或私校的話,幼稚園讀哪一間對小一入學也不重要。

個人認為,在幼兒期間,最重要的是家庭教育。保持家庭和睦(包括有穩定和足夠的收入、健康的生活環境),多擴闊幼兒的生活常識和發展其自愛、自理、自立能力,比入名校更重要。

發表於 10-6-10 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
先唔好論考小學呢part,某些名幼出來的學生,接軌小學(程度)的確很好,往往成績較優勢,咁你話重唔重要?

發表於 10-6-10 09:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cincin_ko 於 10-6-9 17:38 發表
名牌幼稚園對入好小學http://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=85&cb=11224468&n=a136fd08係咪真係咁重要?

BB 就快6個月, 要煩讀書的問題..

知道有很多名牌幼稚園  (c校 , 沒有學劵) ...

如果要小朋友入到最top既DSS或私校,呢5K系唔夠架,好多名牌幼稚園既家長,都會比小朋友參加好多活動,學術既,多元智能既都有,所以,加加埋埋,一個小朋友既開支最起碼7-8K架,如果參加d活動貴,甘條數仲厲害.

其實學校只系扮演部份角色,家長同埋其他活動既配合都非常重要架

發表於 10-6-10 10:49 |顯示全部帖子
好多名牌幼稚園既家長,都會比小朋友參加好多活動,學術既,多元智能既都有...

I believe this is the most impt reason why Kids from the famous KG have more chances to get into elite private / DSS sch in P.1

I can't say the school pays no effort but the parents obviously do more than the school ... Kids are in school for 3 hours everyday only! Those famous KGs tend to admit students whose parents are more well-educated / are professionals on one hand, on the other hand, those KGs attract such kind of parents too ..

To me, I think parents education (i mean how they teach the kids) / resources avaliable in nurturing the kids are more important than which KGs you are attending. Even your kids are studying in those famous KG, w/o parents' support, it makes no difference .

原帖由 share123 於 10-6-10 09:57 發表

如果要小朋友入到最top既DSS或私校,呢5K系唔夠架,好多名牌幼稚園既家長,都會比小朋友參加好多活動,學術既,多元智能既都有,所以,加加埋埋,一個小朋友既開支最起碼7-8K架,如果參加d活動貴,甘條數仲厲害.

其實學校只 ...

[ 本帖最後由 twinsstar 於 10-6-10 12:09 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-10 10:57 |顯示全部帖子
父母培育最重要,學校來講,揀間適合你小朋友的幼稚園,比入名牌更重要。幼稚園學校好,培養到小朋友自信心,更喜歡學習,咁去到面試,表現好大機會比其他小朋友更好。而考直資同私校,面試真係最緊要。

發表於 10-6-10 11:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 twinsstar 於 10-6-10 10:49 發表
好多名牌幼稚園既家長,都會比小朋友參加好多活動,學術既,多元智能既都有...

I believe this is the most impt reason why Kids from the famous KG have more chances to get into elite private / DSS sch in P.1

系呀,我都越來越發現呢個"真理",家長背後點"谷"個學生,比每日3小時返學更加緊要!!

發表於 10-6-10 11:55 |顯示全部帖子
我覺得幼稚園好重要,三歲定八十,自幼群體加家庭配合培養!

發表於 10-6-10 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
我仔同女都係維記,我覺得除英文外,其他都係差唔多.
但英文呢,一拍埋就爭得遠.
無知是福

發表於 10-6-10 12:13 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 6# VKwan 的文章

i really agree your opinions......every farmous school actually have their own advantages.....that is why most parents must compete to get their kid in.

發表於 10-6-10 12:20 |顯示全部帖子
係啊!我女同樓下小朋友 單單英文已經差好遠了!其它中文,數學已經教的小學嘢了!
原帖由 VKwan 於 10-6-10 09:44 發表
先唔好論考小學呢part,某些名幼出來的學生,接軌小學(程度)的確很好,往往成績較優勢,咁你話重唔重要?

發表於 10-6-10 12:22 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 2# To_Ma 的文章

發表於 10-6-10 23:33 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 10-6-11 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cincin_ko 於 10-6-10 23:33 發表
i know nowadays the kids go to interest class is must and i think at least not less than 2 kinds...

Did anyone know if DSS/Private schoold will aslo accept the children from average kinder? Any succe ...

Interest classes are not so important, kids are still very young.   My girl went to several but my boy none so far, will take up swimming soon.

Sure, DSS /PS will take kids from average kinders, search the forums and you can find some mum provide this information.

發表於 10-6-11 10:11 |顯示全部帖子
I think interest classes are helpful nowadays because:
- family size is small and such classes give opportunities for social activities
- working parents may not have a lot of time to play / teach the kids
- full time parents may need time for other housework (or just a get-away, which is a healthy thing to do)
- helpers may not play / teach the kids enthusiastically, especially when employers are not there

If none of the above is of concern, I agree interest classes are not important.  And, I believe that interest classes are not important for getting into P1 (unless the kid has exceptional performance).  The portfolio and the interest classes shown thereon usually only serve as subjects for opening the interview dialogues.

Sometimes, I think we should not under-estimate the value of free time given to kids.  With guidance, kids will learn to organise their time if they are given the chance.  If the activity schedules are so packed that they don't even have any free time, they'll learn to be like a machine and do things as scheduled and won't bother to think.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-6-11 10:29 |顯示全部帖子
我一路都覺得係 " important".  無論你打算比小朋友讀 dss, or lucky draw.  經常見 bk 的comment, 如打算lucky draw 就讀咩幼稚園都無所謂, 不一定要讀什麼名氣幼稚園, 你可以咁講, 但背後, 有無考慮過, 比你好lucky 派到一所好好的小學, 究竟一般幼稚園的課程在接軌上係咪接得上呢.  我幾信名氣幼稚園之所以有名氣, 內頭的課程同教學方法會與一般的有別.  但讀完3年出來程度上係會有唔同.  

我會prefer 比小朋友讀一所較好水準的幼稚園, 好讓他打好個底, 將來升小會輕鬆一點面對.