教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Agent for UK study year 7-9
發新帖
查看: 2180|回覆: 5
go

Agent for UK study year 7-9 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-6-17 12:11 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Any recommendations ?

Is it very troublesome if we do not go through agent and apply directly to the school ?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-6-17 21:55 |只看該作者
Personally I strongly recommend apply school directly cos you can obtain the first hand information such as class size, boarding room student ratio, no. of Asian students etc from the Registrar and headmaster of the school. Besides, you can establish relationship with your target school.

I trust that all agencies are running business and generate income for successful cases from the boarding schools. So you can imagine what kind of boarding schools will the agency recommend to you.

My experience was that the agencies would not recommend you schools in which they have no connection and alleged that the schools would not consider your child.

I think the disadvantage to apply the schools direct is that you have to pay the exam venue fee (such as in British Council) for entrance exam.

原帖由 ec8333 於 10-6-17 12:11 發表
Any recommendations ?

Is it very troublesome if we do not go through agent and apply directly to the school ?

3#
發表於 10-6-17 23:09 |只看該作者
Totally, agreed.

Some of my friends had very bad experience.

Some of them will advise you to some schools which pay better commission to them and they don't really help you to get into a right school instead.

As CPU1995 said, you may have to pay quite a lot to get the entrance tests from different schools.

After all, not all the agents are bad.

I found two columnists on Education page of Singtao Daily Newspapers provide fair and updated informations.

原帖由 CPU1995 於 10-6-17 21:55 發表
Personally I strongly recommend apply school directly cos you can obtain the first hand information such as class size, boarding room student ratio, no. of Asian students etc from the Registrar and he ...

4#
發表於 10-6-24 17:42 |只看該作者
I will let my kid to attend a summer school in UK first to have some basic experience. It would definitely help him to develop and understand more.

My kid will join the www.summerschool.com.hk this coming August for 3 weeks. I believe it would help.

5#
發表於 10-6-25 09:41 |只看該作者
Thanks for all the info.

6#
發表於 10-6-25 10:43 |只看該作者
no worry. everything would be fine. yr kid would grow up healthy and happily there.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題