密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 DMK and Sunshine house in Discovery Bay
發新帖
查看: 2807|回覆: 8
go

DMK and Sunshine house in Discovery Bay

發表於 10-6-16 23:13 |顯示全部帖子
Does anyone have comment on thess 2 schools?

發表於 10-6-17 09:53 |顯示全部帖子
Hi flyflydeu,

My son used to go to DMK for pre-nursery and K1, K2.

When we considered between the two schools a few years ago. We took the following points into consideration.

1. Your future plan for your child. ie. local schools or international school.

2. Stability of the learning environment.

As for my situation. I would like my son to learn Chinese and honestly there aren't any other choices in DB. Therefore, DMK was the only option.

Both my husband and me were very happy with DMK. Although it might not be the "perfect" school. You can't compare with those "St. Cxxx or Kentxxxx" in town but my son was happy and I believe he was doing what was appropriate for his age in school. DMK gave us the option of choosing either local or international school for my son's primary education. That was also an important point to consider.

During my son's time, Sunshine House had a realtively high turn over in teaching staff. (not sure about now, you can check with the other DB mums.) I thought that was important for small children to develop a sense of trust and stability. Another issue was the Chinese subject as well. Not sure if it is still the case now, but back then DMK had a long waiting list to get in but not Sunshine House. There must be a reason for it.

To cut it short, I would definately choose DMK over Sunshine House if base on my previous ecperience.

Good luck.
原帖由 flyflyedu 於 10-6-16 23:13 發表
Does anyone have comment on thess 2 schools?

發表於 10-6-17 22:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Happy mum,

Thanks for sharing yr valuable experience.

原帖由 happy_mum 於 10-6-17 09:53 發表
Hi flyflydeu,

When we considered between the two schools a few years ago. We took the following points into consideration.

1. Your future plan  ...

發表於 10-6-17 22:44 |顯示全部帖子
Ah................can u tell me what the different between local and international school is if my child studies in DMK?

u said "DMK gave u a option to choose either local or international school for yr sons's primary education". What does it mean? Can they help us to go to the primary school that we want?

原帖由 happy_mum 於 10-6-17 09:53 發表
Hi flyflydeu,

1. Your future plan  ...

發表於 10-6-18 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
DMK Kinddy has two stream. The international stream and the local stream. I chose the local stream for my son before because of Chinese.

If you are planning for international schools in the future, then you can choose either stream for your child. But if you want the option of being able to go back to local school in a few years time, then you can choose the local stream. Sunshine House would not give you the Chinese background for the requirement of local school.

However, DMK do not have any connection with any international school for primary section. So it does not give you any preference in any way. If you are targeting DC for primary, then you need to have a plan B just in case. As for me, I was not targeting any of the ESF schools so it did not matter for me. My son is now in Australian International School and his result from the local stream section was not a problem for him to get into the school. In fact, his Chinese foundation from DMK make him really pround of himself in front of his class.

Good luck.
原帖由 flyflyedu 於 10-6-17 22:44 發表
Ah................can u tell me what the different between local and international school is if my child studies in DMK?

u said "DMK gave u a option to choose either local or international school for ...

發表於 10-6-18 15:06 |顯示全部帖子
thanks for the reply.

原帖由 happy_mum 於 10-6-18 14:57 發表
DMK Kinddy has two stream. The international stream and the local stream. I chose the local stream for my son before because of Chinese.

If you are planning for international schools in the future,  ...

發表於 10-6-22 10:58 |顯示全部帖子
Don't go to Sunshine House.  I have taught there before and the school didn't want to invest money into the students at all.  I don't know if it is because of the new supervisor or every branch of them are so mean to the staff and have a tight budget.  For me, I wouldn't send my kids there because they have no sense of hygene.  They don't like the teachers taking sick leaves but don't like the teachers wear a mask when parents are around.  Most teachers are half-day teachers but the supervisor made the teachers work overtime a lot and the salary are low.  Everyone just want to get a good experience on their CV and that's the reason most teachers work there.  That's why everyone is leaving once they got a new job.  This school is crap!  No resource and non-sense!

發表於 10-6-22 23:18 |顯示全部帖子
thanks very much for yr valuable information.

i've also heard that the turnover rate is high in other sunshine house, such as the one at peak.
i

原帖由 SamanthaMum 於 10-6-22 10:58 發表
Don't go to Sunshine House.  I have taught there before and the school didn't want to invest money into the students at all.  I don't know if it is because of the new supervisor or every branch of the ...