用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Any other KCIS parents find the chinese level too ha ...
發新帖
查看: 2191|回覆: 9
go

Any other KCIS parents find the chinese level too hard?

發表於 10-6-19 01:27 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter started P2 in KCIS in September last year. Prior to going to KCIS, she was in a local kindergarten, very very good grades with chinese.

However, during this year, I am shocked at how difficult the chinese level is at KCIS for my daughter's age..... is it because my daughter didn't start at Reception?

發表於 10-6-19 09:44 |顯示全部帖子
What level are they teaching?  Which textbook is used? Is it appropriate for IS students?

[ 本帖最後由 courtbas 於 10-6-19 10:14 編輯 ]

發表於 10-6-19 10:38 |顯示全部帖子
As i know, they are using "Longman', there is no doubt on their Chinese standard.

發表於 10-6-19 11:14 |顯示全部帖子
My boy have been studying in KCIS from reception and he will be in P2 in coming September.  Now he is in P1.  The chinese stardard is quite low in P1.  From his homework, he only need to write e.g. 孩子, 晚上, 游泳.  Could you tell more how hard it is in P2?  After reading your message, I think that I need to give him more training on Chinese word in this summer.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 10-6-19 01:27 發表
My daughter started P2 in KCIS in September last year. Prior to going to KCIS, she was in a local kindergarten, very very good grades with chinese.

However, during this year, I am shocked at how diff ...

發表於 10-6-19 19:55 |顯示全部帖子
May I know whether P1 in KCIS is equivalent to P1 or K3 of local school (age wise)?

原帖由 JarJarBin 於 10-6-19 11:14 發表
My boy have been studying in KCIS from reception and he will be in P2 in coming September.  Now he is in P1.  The chinese stardard is quite low in P1.  From his homework, he only need to write e.g. 孩 ...

發表於 10-6-20 10:12 |顯示全部帖子
They are using Longman textbook and workbooks. My son is in Reception, going to P1, and I know friends' kids in P1 this year, yes P1 is very reasonable.

P2- HUGE jump in my opinion.

However, my daughter has no mandarin background previously, just know many chinese words in writing but in Cantonese pronunciation.

This year, I got a tutor for her, but the tutor is so busy, only can teach her once a week, rest of the days, we have to help her.

Listening wise, much better this term, but the writing and assessments are much much too hard for her.

I had parents' conference with her chinese teacher this week, I found out she is in the regular level for chinese in KCIS, hence it's more difficult. There is an easier level, it's for kids who really are struggling. But the teacher says she doesn't want my daughter to go to that group, with more practice and reading more chinese books and writing during this summer, she thinks my daughter can handle grade 3.

I looked at the book 3 levels, I think I better go and buy it and prepare her this summer first!

Right now, my daughter's mandarin is slightly below average in her class, worried about next year.

Any other p2 parents can share their thoughts?

發表於 10-6-20 22:58 |顯示全部帖子
Don't worry.  

Don't let her to go to the easier level.  The easier level is tailor-made for non-chinese only.  Otherwise you may regret.

發表於 10-6-21 13:27 |顯示全部帖子
KCIS P1 = local K3

原帖由 壞女孩 於 10-6-19 19:55 發表
May I know whether P1 in KCIS is equivalent to P1 or K3 of local school (age wise)?

發表於 10-6-21 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
Totally agree.  Chinese classmate only transfer from easier level to regular level.

原帖由 People3 於 10-6-20 22:58 發表
Don't worry.  

Don't let her to go to the easier level.  The easier level is tailor-made for non-chinese only.  Otherwise you may regret.

[ 本帖最後由 Yau_Cheung 於 10-6-21 14:39 編輯 ]

發表於 10-6-21 13:37 |顯示全部帖子
Please check pm.

原帖由 Pianokc 於 10-6-20 10:12 發表
They are using Longman textbook and workbooks. My son is in Reception, going to P1, and I know friends' kids in P1 this year, yes P1 is very reasonable.

P2- HUGE jump in my opinion.

However, my daug ...