發表於 10-9-28 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
-- deleted --

[ 本帖最後由 kkma 於 10-9-28 13:24 編輯 ]

發表於 10-9-28 10:22 |顯示全部帖子
-- deleted --

[ 本帖最後由 kkma 於 10-9-28 13:24 編輯 ]

發表於 10-9-29 16:24 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 4# kkma 的文章

我知HKUGA是新校,未有會考或高考的公開試成績,請問它的學術水平高不高?聽說學校有鼓勵學生報考英文公開試如GCSE等,知不知學生的英文水平如何?高中是否已經開齊全部級別,高中生的科目選擇多不多?

發表於 10-9-29 23:17 |顯示全部帖子
現在開辦到中五。
有以下課程可選澤 (課程要有一定學生選收才開辦)
Extended Maths
Physics
Chemistry
Biology
Economics
Geography
History
Chinese History
Business, Accounting and Finance
Information Communicaiton and Technology
Visual Arts
Literature in English

---------------------------------------
extracted from a parent letter
Let us celebrate our S4 students who have obtained very remarkable results in the IGCSE English examination which they sat in S3 last year.We have a pass rate of 100%, of which nearly 90% are credits or above.

[ 本帖最後由 kkma 於 10-9-29 23:19 編輯 ]

發表於 10-12-4 19:57 |顯示全部帖子
本來攪IB 後來又NSS PLUS 和本地國際
現在是NSS Local
創校校長很有理想
創校教師也很有經驗  當中很多外籍老師  創造一個不錯学習英語的環境
創校校長和老師群箣群力  很有活力
現任校長  集决箣權力如一身
現任老師大多缺乏教学經驗  沒多小參與决箣  事情多是由上而下
直資到了交成績表時只有死谷成績
現任話事人曾任另一間也是靠死谷的学校 啲老師做到死 好多走曬
啲家長話咁啲英文唔出得街

原帖由 bkmum2005 於 10-9-22 10:45 發表
kkma,

你小朋友是否就讀 HKUGAC,可否分享一下校風、學習情況及程度,小女今年升中選校,想考一兩間二線直資。

發表於 10-12-5 02:25 |顯示全部帖子
如果資料是正確,歡迎在這forum大家交流下。不過好像閣下的資料掉轉晒喎。你肯定誰是創校校長,誰是現任校長? 現任校長曾是燿中校長,你說那一間死谷的學校是哪一間, 耀中嗎? 很多老師走晒? ! 更莫名奇妙,大部份老師包括外籍老師都是由開校一直任教到現在。請不要再歪曲事實吧!
原帖由 UNLeung 於 10-12-4 19:57 發表
本來攪IB 後來又NSS PLUS 和本地國際
現在是NSS Local
創校校長很有理想
創校教師也很有經驗  當中很多外籍老師  創造一個不錯学習英語的環境
創校校長和老師群箣群力  很有活力
現任校長  集决箣權力如一身
現任老 ...

發表於 10-12-5 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
已離開的包括:
Mr Hairness, Mrs Pearson, Mr Hurst, Ms Caroline Chan, Mr superman (Music Teacher), Mr Lazanli (Math teacher) ......
他也曾是粉嶺救恩校長 一間由brand 3 變brand 1的学校
Thank you for your inquiry.  You need to do some serious work!!!!
原帖由 savoy 於 10-12-5 02:25 發表
如果資料是正確,歡迎在這forum大家交流下。不過好像閣下的資料掉轉晒喎。你肯定誰是創校校長,誰是現任校長? 現任校長曾是燿中校長,你說那一間死谷的學校是哪一間, 耀中嗎? 很多老師走晒? ! 更莫名奇妙,大部份老師包括外籍 ...

發表於 10-12-5 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
以你之前的留言我assume起碼有一半以上老師離開了。既然說了幾位老師名字,不知有沒有07年創校到現在留任和離開老師的比率以作參考。還有你一定也清楚老師離開原因吧。包括有老師因行為上問題而終止合約。

無錯我們不能抺殺創校校長為學校付出很大努力和心血。而她離任不多不少因當年收回小學部學生的風波所致。自陳校長加入後,反而得到更多家長支持,對正﹑副校長同時給予正面評價。校長亦開放渠道(Principal meeting with parents)與家長直接溝通,不見得有"死谷"老師或學生的情況。不竟以一間新校她有必要不斷調節各方面質數以求達到每位家長不同的要求。I am not trying to create conflict but telling my view of point and the fact I have known.
原帖由 UNLeung 於 10-12-5 10:23 發表
已離開的包括:
Mr Hairness, Mrs Pearson, Mr Hurst, Ms Caroline Chan, Mr superman (Music Teacher), Mr Lazanli (Math teacher) ......
他也曾是粉嶺救恩校長 一間由brand 3 變brand 1的学校
Thank you for your  ...

發表於 10-12-6 08:35 |顯示全部帖子
The fact is he is not the founding principal.
The fact is there are quite a significant number of native english teachers who have already left the school for VARIOUS REASONS....
The fact is he worked for a local secondary school for 7 years and he left the school for REASON(S) that you can very easily find out.
Anyone who cares to find out the above facts can simply type in the relevant name and would have tonnes of information for confirmation.  Do you agree?
It is my personal opinion, not exclusive to this DSS school, that the school needs to prove her success by a number of ways within a short period of time.  Knowing the school that he had been working with, wouldn't it be obvious?
It is my personal opinion, not exclusive to this DSS school, that the principal would develop a team consists siginificantly of FRESH LOCAL graduate.  Good or bad?  In the short term, you won't see much difference........at least academically....  In the long term, there is no guarantee.  Unfortunately, for parents who originally intend to relieve their kids of the burden that most other kids would be subjected to in a local school, you may want to have a second thought.

發表於 10-12-7 10:33 |顯示全部帖子
I feel sorry for your feeling and grievance against Principal Chan KW. In fact I am not an irrational fan of whoever. I admit I knew very little about principal's personal history as I trust the Organization could get a right school leaders for its primary and secondary. Thanks for adivising us to find the fact. Yet I could find him a caring principal with vision. Please check out here http://www.habakkuk.biz/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1090&sid=Wg34tg (I did not prove if the press got it wrong), it is one of those and easily to find more.

Different people have different views. Yours is not wrong. So did you address your concern to school management? I hope you can find your way out to end your suffering here soon. Good luck!

原帖由 UNLeung 於 10-12-6 08:35 發表
The fact is he is not the founding principal.
The fact is there are quite a significant number of native english teachers who have already left the school for VARIOUS REASONS....
The fact is he worked ...

發表於 10-12-7 15:00 |顯示全部帖子
Interesting comment.  It's good to see people can learn so fast.  Afterall, we are surrounded by information.  Would it not be correct to say its rather hard not letting people know. It is very amusing that you would like to focus the discussion on one person.  Are you related to him?  Remember this is a forum for parents to share their opinions, not a place to put up a campaign for a person.  
Liberal studies is a challenging subject to teach and learn.  Think about the following fact:
Why is the fact that so many local brand one schools use Chinese as the learning and teaching medium for the studies of liberal studies.  Why?  Don't they have students with good enough english to tackle the subject?  Don't they have teachers with good enough english to teach the subject?   The education bureau has placed all our children in one big experiement by making liberal studies as important as Chinese, English and Mathematics.  Do we still remember the outcome of an experiment with "Mother Tongue".  Are we subjecting our kids to another experiment by asking them to use English as a medium to study liberal studies?  Are we subjecting the teachers to an impossible mission by asking them to teach this subject using a language they are still struggling with?  We are talking about thinking and analysing of information.  In this subject we have to relate history, geography, science, economics... together to come up with our own interpretation and argument.  
Hopefully, this information would allow many of us, parents, to have think carefully before we place our children in another experiment.

發表於 10-12-7 15:58 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# UNLeung 的文章

我在上星期六參觀了HKUGAC的開放日,看了一場DRAMA SHOW, 感覺幾好。學生的英文講得很好,好似國際學校的學生。參觀課室亦見頗多外籍老師,其中SCIENCE ROOM有外籍老師用英文講解做實驗,很有趣味性和清諳,比起傳統學校只對着書本講好好多。但又見到高年級男學生的外表頗新潮,我又怕個個掛住玩,學習氣氛不甚濃厚。

發表於 10-12-8 09:19 |顯示全部帖子
As far as I know, most senior form students behave pretty much the same as the students in most other DSS.  They are mostly from middle or upper class families and some are very well behaved, well mannered, and well educated.  You will also find some who are spoiled, lost and hard to have self -control.  Their parents have high expectations and are not reluctant to put their kids in a local school which has all sorts of problems.  They expect an environment where their kids would have much more freedom and much less pressure in their learning.  School fee and expenditures on things such as ELA, school uniform add to quite a large sum.  Personally, I don't think students from low income family would dare to join these kinds of schools.  Some say, "The DSS have become the country club for students from "middle and upper class family".  I recently encountered the following experience which many parents would find quite disturbing.
Parent:  These kids come from poor families.  They don't often have dinner.  You should be graceful to be having what you have now.
Student:  Why don't they eat in Mac Donald?
These kinds of schools usually have more rooms for freedom.  We shouldn't expect DSS's students to be different from most other youngsters.  However, don't forget the training most of them have received in their primary schools - strict discipline, heavy rules and strong supervision!!  To many of them, it would be like living in two different worlds when they go from primary to DSS.  One is a relatively oppressive world where they are constantly supervised by many different authoritative adults.  The other is ... should I say.... a wonderland.  Students who rely on others to keep their path strict would find it difficult in many DSS.  They have not developed self-control and I wonder whether they will in the wonderland.  Unfortunately, this phenomenon is not exclusively happened in boys but girls as well.  So you would not be surprised to hear rumors now and then.

發表於 10-12-31 11:56 |顯示全部帖子
What did you mention is not a common phenomemon in DSS but also in government or subsidized school whether they are famous or not. I am so suprised if you do have lots of grievances about HKUGA college, why didn't you let your child study other schools and choose HKUGA college?
原帖由 UNLeung 於 10-12-8 09:19 發表
As far as I know, most senior form students behave pretty much the same as the students in most other DSS.  They are mostly from middle or upper class families and some are very well behaved, well man ...

發表於 11-1-11 10:46 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 UNLeung 於 10-12-8 09:19 發表
School fee and expenditures on things such as ELA, school uniform add to quite a large sum.

Totally agree.
Beijing 5 days trip: $5000, 3* hotel