用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 FW:英基資助擬削 明年過渡私校 教局倡逐步自負盈虧 ...
查看: 5289|回覆: 34
go

FW:英基資助擬削 明年過渡私校 教局倡逐步自負盈虧 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-7 12:04 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-7-7 12:44 |只看該作者

回復 1# iseult 的帖子

如果真係轉為私校, 一定好多家長負担唔起。

3#
發表於 11-7-7 15:27 |只看該作者
呢条孫公、早D休息啦。  唯恐天下不乱!! 如果真係要ESF変成私校、希望所有D英基家長OR想入英基的、都一斉上街。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

醒目開學勳章

4#
發表於 11-7-7 15:35 |只看該作者
如英基都變私校
學費應會貴好多.....
但相信都唔少人想入

5#
發表於 11-7-7 21:27 |只看該作者
I feel so disappointed about ESF asking for more subsidy from the HK Government by claiming that 70% of their students are permanent HK residents. On one hand, ESF sets a hurdle to discriminate local children by classifying them as Cat 2 applicants; on the other hand use them as an excuse to get more money from the HK govt.

I am a supporter of ESF and appreciate the quality of education they provide. But just like most other parents in this forum, we are Cantonese speaking family and are labeled as Cat 2 applicants. We follow the rules of the game and sacrifice talking Cantonese with our child to try to squeeze in Cat 1 for getting a school place. Throughout the application process, we strongly feel that HK residents who know Cantonese are disadvantaged. I don’t argue with this point as this policy was set up by the past colonial government. (Using HK tax money to subsidize British families.) However this policy is obviously out-dated. And I see no other government subsidizing a school for Chinese when we study abroad. Then why should the HK govt subsidize an English school in HK that discriminates local students? Well, if it is for enhancing HK’s competitive advantage in the INTERNATIONAL market; can anyone tell me if there are any other governments subsidizing education for foreign language speakers? Moreover, expats in HK have plenty of choices of international schools or the English-medium local schools which are more affordable.

Don’t miss my point, I am not rich and I support “affordable” English education in HK. But I need to point out that ESF top management should change their application policy and student acceptance criteria before they ask for more money from HK residents (taxpayers). Stop discriminating us while asking more money from us.

By the way, just like many other elite local schools (St. Paul Co-ed, DBS, etc…), DSS is also a way out for ESF.

6#
發表於 11-7-7 22:27 |只看該作者
bbprince, you are well said.  this admission policy is ridiculous, even parents from mainland china have privilege to enter esf and hk parent are put in the lowest priority

7#
發表於 11-7-7 22:29 |只看該作者

8#
發表於 11-7-7 23:55 |只看該作者
杜茵妮強調:「現時65%學生為本港永久居民,他們的父母是香港的納稅人,應有權享用政府資助。」

Are they saying that all private schools in HK (perhaps>90% HK kids), should get the subsidies as well? How about most of the other international schools?  Many of them have a high percentage of HK kids too.   If so, who will bear the costs?  Tax payers?

Yes, the law governing ESF is very out of date.  I would think that if they don't want to be subject to the supervision of the EMB, the subsidies should not be given to the new students.

9#
發表於 11-7-8 07:36 |只看該作者

若撤資助英基學費加

都市日報
2011年07月08日,星期五

英基學校協會公布,屬下6間學校的4名學生,在今屆國際預科文憑試中取得滿分45分成績,但協會行政總裁杜茵妮說,一旦政府撤回每年提供的2.8億元定額資助,學校便有需要加學費,預料加幅最少20%。

學費介乎直資和國際學校之間的英基,一直靠政府資助達44年之久,但政府有意在新學年起終止資助,倡英基以「自負盈虧」過渡至私立國際學校。杜茵妮直言,學校佔70%的家長是香港永久居民,政府有責任為港人子女提供教育及補貼,一旦取消資助,學費必定增加最少20%,相信家長難以接受。

她又說,英基並非提供本地課程,若要轉為直資亦並非不可行,但一切有待政府研究英基去向,希望數月內有決定。另英基今年共有763位學生應考國際預科文憑試,成績是有史以來最佳,除4人獲滿分外,14名學生獲44分,109人獲40分以上,考獲35分或以上達47.5%,平均分由33.5分提高至34.3分。

10#
發表於 11-7-8 09:01 |只看該作者
No doubt that ESF is providing very high quality education. However, I don't want to be screened out or classified in a lower rank but paying the subsidy.

11#
發表於 11-7-8 09:44 |只看該作者

12#
發表於 11-7-8 10:35 |只看該作者
deleted...

[ 本帖最後由 caramom 於 11-7-22 15:27 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 11-7-8 12:02 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 11-7-8 13:25 |只看該作者
我希望香港政府推行政策時,應作多方面考慮,政策利民而非害人.小班教學不推行,教得好的學校要減班.英基學校人才輩出.就不资助.好多學生都是香港市民,我們只想子女能接受比較小壓力的優質教育,點解小小资助都斤斤計較呢?希望政府大發慈悲考慮把英基轉成直资或給學卷方式來资坐我們這群為供樓,通脤,供子女教育已經惶恐度日的一群小市民.

15#
發表於 11-7-8 14:38 |只看該作者

回復 14# twinsdady 的帖子

I totally agree with twinsdady!

16#
發表於 11-7-8 15:34 |只看該作者
Yes, agree with twinsdady, giving out education coupon to all HK local permanent students is the best solution and it will be the fairest way.  Everyone can choose whichever school using the coupon.  If then, there will be no argument on which school should be subsidized.

17#
發表於 11-7-8 16:27 |只看該作者

回復 14# twinsdady 的帖子

Yes, as a tax payer I would love to have my share of 小小資助 by means of coupons too.   Is it fair to give it to only 1 "international school" which is not subject to the regulations of EMB?  

By all means 既得利益者(including parents and the well paid staff) of course would want continuous subsidies (or even more, that's what ESF is asking).

I have no problem if they choose to be a DSS (comply with the relevant rules) and get the DSS subsidies.   But please don't choose to become private (fewer rules) and 上街 protest against 加學費!

18#
發表於 11-7-8 23:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 twinsdady 於 11-7-8 13:25 發表
我希望香港政府推行政策時,應作多方面考慮,政策利民而非害人.小班教學不推行,教得好的學校要減班.英基學校人才輩出.就不资助.好多學生都是香港市民,我們只想子女能接受比較小壓力的優質教育,點解小小资助都斤斤計較 ...

It is exactly what I think.

19#
發表於 11-7-9 12:44 |只看該作者
Totally agree! And I have 2 boys there. Elder one going to secondary in 2 years time.

Now the secondary school fee is approaching $10000 per month. How can we afford the school fee if they raise it by 20%? I pay tax which equals to 1 month of my salary each year. I think we Hong Kong permanent residents deserve to have subsidies at least equal to other students in Hong Kong.

For parents who sent their kids to private school, they knew that they have to bear all the education cost by themselves. But when I send my kids to ESF, I knew that the government is subsidizing my child, for a quality education system that no other subsidized schools in can provide. It is totally unfair if we are told suddenly that there will be no subsidies.

If we can't afford the school fee, what can we do? We cannot afford the school fee of other IS as well. Our child may not be fitting in local schools anymore. Not to subsidize our children's education is totally irresponsible!!!

原帖由 WYmom 於 11-7-8 15:34 發表
Yes, agree with twinsdady, giving out education coupon to all HK local permanent students is the best solution and it will be the fairest way.  Everyone can choose whichever school using the coupon.  If then, there will be no argument on which school should be subsidized.

[ 本帖最後由 宏媽 於 11-7-9 12:49 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 11-7-11 13:44 |只看該作者
如果一刀切,無能力资付高昂學費的家庭怎麽辦?要轉校譚何容易,好學校早巳滿額,看到自己子女因為政府的害人政策而要被迫進入band3學校.父母那有不傷心呢?他們有否孝慮到學生利益?這政策是否會害了很多好學生呢?有沒有比較好的安排呢?為何受壓後就要保住那些收生不足的學校而迫令一些好學校減班呢?為何受壓後又要整治英基呢?如要英基改善管理,請用一些殺傷力低一些的手段,請你們高台貴手放過我們的子女吧,稚子無罪.多謝多謝.行善積福公德無量.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題