用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Something Written by a VSA Year 6 Graduate(2011)
發新帖
查看: 2750|回覆: 8
go

Something Written by a VSA Year 6 Graduate(2011)

發表於 11-8-3 00:33 |顯示全部帖子
As a student currently studying in VSA (staying on the school's side since pre-nursery, Year 7 in coming year), I will now amend a few facts that were previously mentioned in some forums and are, in fact, not true.
  Firstly, not all VSA students are bad at grammar, writing, and other subjects, it's simply an illusion seen by a few. "Do not judge an entire forest by a single tree." Whilst some students are indeed naughty, and very immature, the majority of the students are hard-working, bright, and adept.
  Secondly, the importance does not lie within the amount of homework and tests, only the quality counts, not the quantity! As long as a student shows enthusiasm for his or her work and not dwell within his or her safety zone, he or she will turn out successful.   
  Lastly, please do not blame the teachers (or the school, for this matter) if your child's test scores turns out unexpectedly low, it's the child's responsibility to push himself or herself to the limit, not the teachers'. As a VSA student, we were taught how to learn efficiently, and this has always been our ultimate goal.
  Thank you for taking your time to read this post, VSA students will continue to strive for the best and stand with the school.

發表於 11-8-3 08:55 |顯示全部帖子
thank you for telling the truths. I really wanna know more about VSA.
Having seen the earlier forums which really worry me and made me doubt a lot if i should put my daughter in.
How about the chinese and maths? How s the standard

發表於 11-8-3 12:43 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# pkfat 的帖子

Thank you for your feedback.
  For our Chinese lessons, we have homework regularly to follow up the things we learned in class. We also have assessments (as of Y6, once or twice a month) and dictations (as of Y6, once a week)
  For Mathematics, we study about a wide variety of calculating methods, while teachers let the students do the explaining about the topic for better understanding. Although Math tests are rare, we have textbooks that contain revisions and other challenges, and the internet Mathletics.
  If there are still any questions, feel free to ask me again;)Bye

發表於 11-8-3 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your reply!
How s the general learning attitude? Competitive or rather loose?
Do they have homework everyday for each subject?
Will the teachers look after the homework after they are being handed in?
How about the project, do the students do the project themselves?

Sorry for all the questions. Maybe you can elaborate more.

Thanks a lot!

發表於 11-8-3 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
HappyFace:) 回應的是這個主題:[希望學校做好]

有關討論可以看這裡: http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... age%3D1&page=11

各位家長可以多加了解此校。

發表於 11-8-3 16:50 |顯示全部帖子
Just 'cos I have read that thread which scare me!

發表於 11-8-3 17:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 pkfat 於 11-8-3 16:50 發表
Just 'cos I have read that thread which scare me!

我住的屋苑有一家[維記 KG], 因為這些小朋友很多和我女兒同齡, 我也認識不少家長。

維記 KG 的小朋友真的不錯,中英文流利,個個很有自信。

想不到小學...我看了那個 topic, 真的嚇一跳。

發表於 11-8-3 22:52 |顯示全部帖子

Continuing.

Thank you for expressing your opinion, Sumyeema1
  Although some forums insists that our school's students have bad attitudes, most of those are just misunderstandings, every single school has bad students and good students alike. You cannot judge the school by the action of a few students!
  I hope you could understand the truth behind all the criticism.

發表於 11-8-3 23:17 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 pkfat 於 11-8-3 13:14 發表
Thanks for your reply!
How s the general learning attitude? Competitive or rather loose?
Do they have homework everyday for each subject?
Will the teachers look after the homework after they are being ...

------------------------------------------------------------

I'm glad you asked!
  I think the learning attitudes differ between students, while some students strive to be better than the rest, some just do their work, and have low expectations for themselves.
  Of course, homework is guaranteed to be delivered everyday, but most of the time, students have already finished all of their work at school, which gives people the misconception: students recieve very little homework.  Students ,therefore,can revise their work and do some additional work on Mathletics and other school online programs at home. One thing I want to address here is that  teachers always encourage students to read at home, this is a good way to keep a good habit, and to echance a student's knowledge and word base.
  And yes, teachers will revise a student's homework.
  For the projects, some of the projects require teamwork (ex: Assemblies, Y6 Exhibitions. etc), while other projects test the independence of a student, and require him or her to work alone. There are also peer assessments, to let the students oversee the project more.
  I hope the above answers will solve your questions regarding our school. Thank you.