提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

203#
發表於 11-7-16 22:40 |只看該作者

全球及本港各校IB試成績

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

204#
發表於 11-7-19 17:52 |只看該作者
Goodbye VSA !
My kid will go to ESF this Aug...........
I totally agreed all the comments from the parents.

205#
發表於 11-7-21 00:14 |只看該作者
Beware of the new language requirements of IB DP effective from 2013 and how ESF is going to cope with it.

原帖由 FYLSK 於 11-7-19 17:52 發表
Goodbye VSA !
My kid will go to ESF this Aug...........
I totally agreed all the comments from the parents.

206#
發表於 11-8-2 22:55 |只看該作者

As a student currently studying in VSA (staying on the school's side since pre-nursery, currently studying in Year 6), I will now amend a few facts that were previously mentioned and are, in fact, not true.
  Firstly, not all VSA students are bad at grammar, writing, and other subjects, it's simply an illusion seen by a few. "Do not judge an entire forest by a single tree." Whilst some students are indeed naughty, and very immature, the majority of the students are hard-working, bright, and adept.
  Secondly, the importance does not lie within the amount of homework, tests, and knowledge, only the quality counts, not the quantity. As long a student shows enthusiasm for his or her work and not dwell within his or her safety zone, he or she will turn out successful. Yet, some students will fail to meet other's expectations.
  Lastly, please do not blame the teachers (or the school, for this matter) if your child's test scores turn out unexpected, it's the child's responsibility to push himself or herself to the limit, not the teacher's.
  Thank you for taking your time to read this post, our students will continue to strive for the best and stand with the school.
  Best wishes.

207#
發表於 11-8-3 08:45 |只看該作者
Dear HappyFace:)

It's good to see a student's comments, and I'm glad that you know who has the responsibility to study.  As a VSA parent, I'm proud of you.

208#
發表於 11-8-3 14:10 |只看該作者
Thank you poonseelai.
For the compliment and feedback.
I wish you a good day.

原帖由 poonseelai 於 11-8-3 08:45 發表
Dear HappyFace:)

It's good to see a student's comments, and I'm glad that you know who has the responsibility to study.  As a VSA parent, I'm proud of you.

209#
發表於 11-8-23 22:46 |只看該作者
Latest updates on VSA's 2011 IB results:
VSA 2011
(No. of students)
45 points (perfect score)
2% (1)
40 points or above
12.5% (7)
35 points or above
30.4% (17)
30 points or above
80.4% (45)
24 points or above (achieving IB Diploma)
94.8% (55)
Average point of students achieving IB Diploma

210#
發表於 11-8-24 12:37 |只看該作者
我女兒今年在VSA讀YEAR 6. 我十分滿意學校的學習環境和程度. 我女兒的通識比我還好. 我們家沒有英語環境, 她在剛過去的暑假, 參加了一個活動, 當中有全廣東話的孩子, 也有全英語的外國人. 我一心以為她會和說廣東話的一起玩, 但三星期過去, 她hang out的都是外國小孩. 她溝通完全沒問題, 有一次她們對話, 我都不能100%明白. 我在a level 英文考b, 仲讀英文系...唉.......
如果我女兒不是vsa學生, 我會懷疑上面那個year 6 學生是假扮的. 但因為我女兒都能寫出如此流暢的英文, 所以我知道上面那位真的是一位happy vsa student.

但她的中文同時也很好. 只是因家族遺傳, 數學要補習.

另外, 我十分享受她少功課, 少dictation和沒測驗, 因為這令她有更多時間看書, 和"同我玩".

我不是全識媽咪. 也從不教她功課, 如果教, 我會打死她的.

她小一是在跑馬地一間女校就讀(大抽獎中的), 讀了一年我便"走夾唔透"了, 去了vsa, 好彩收了. 所以我想最重要的還是定長能理解和接受學校的理念.

211#
發表於 11-8-24 13:00 |只看該作者
just some extra comments... the school in Happy Valley was good, I just could not stand those homeworks and dictations etc.

212#
發表於 11-8-24 15:15 |只看該作者
吾知今年VSA係吾係收生不足,到8月22日開學前一日重打電話間我個仔讀吾讀,我話5月已交回絛話吾讀前後打過3次再間真可愛!!::" /> 重新VSA真係有D好叻讀得好好既学生,不過吾多亦吾係我個仔,希望新學年大家開心又有進步

[ 本帖最後由 ANNIEYY 於 11-8-24 15:19 編輯 ]

213#
發表於 11-8-24 17:08 |只看該作者

回覆 4# slamai 的文章

congratulate graduates / teachers.

sometimes I wonder what is the meaning of average points of 34 in relation to grades that we are familiar, and I found this from an uk independent school:

"an average IB Diploma score of 34 points, equates to over 3 A* grades at A Level or on the UCAS tariff.

IB score of 25 points, equats to over 3 B grades at A Level."

the UCAS web site is here:
http://www.ucas.com/students/ucas_tariff/tarifftables

214#
發表於 11-8-24 23:51 |只看該作者
Hi Annieyy,
So, is your son change to local private/DSS or government and subsidy school? Do you know if many of your son's previous classmates change to other schools? By the way, hope that you and your son will have a new page.

原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-8-24 15:15 發表
吾知今年VSA係吾係收生不足,到8月22日開學前一日重打電話間我個仔讀吾讀,我話5月已交回絛話吾讀前後打過3次再間真可愛!!::" /> 重新VSA真係有D好叻讀得好好既学生,不過吾多亦吾係我個仔,希望新學年大家開心又有 ...

215#
發表於 11-8-27 16:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-8-24 15:15 發表
吾知今年VSA係吾係收生不足,到8月22日開學前一日重打電話間我個仔讀吾讀,我話5月已交回絛話吾讀前後打過3次再間真可愛!!::" />:" /> 重新VSA真係有D好叻讀得好好既学生,不過吾多亦吾係我個仔,希望新學年大家開心又有 ...

Thank you for expressing your opinion,
  Frankly, I'm afraid you must be mistaken, did you really think our school is losing students? Your statement is proven invalid. We have 5 classes, each with around 26 students in Year 7, thus, our school is not losing students, our Primary section is constantly overflowing with new students, embracing a bright future.
  As I am now studying in Secondary, I am very pleased with the environment and the classes are also fun and challenging.
Best wishes to everyone.  

216#
發表於 12-4-15 17:17 |只看該作者
回復 HappyFace:) 的帖子

I am new for this topic. It's a productive and fair view on VSA.

Thank you for your kind inputs. May be someone not fully understand the IB philosophy
{:1_1:}

217#
發表於 12-5-24 22:18 |只看該作者

回覆:希望學校做好

Any update on this topic? And any improvement in VSA recently ? They will soon offer current K2 students but this year need to pay 5 months deposit .

Look forward to any sharing and views.

218#
發表於 12-5-25 11:31 |只看該作者
I have met a VSA parent in my son's existing kindergarten Parent Session.  Her son is studing Year 3.  She said she and her son are really like the school at Year 1, and the school continues to have improvement in these 2 years after the principle Mrs Smith on board, so she is very satisfied and has confidence to school.

However my question is that I cannot provide a English or Mandarin background to my son, our mother language is Cantonese and my son is not really good at speaking/talking, he is not like to express/present himself.  So I am afraid that he cannot suit into the school enviroment (speak English & Mandarin only even at rest/play time).  I am afraid he will have no friend at school.....

I would be appreciated if some existing parents share your views. Many thanks.

219#
發表於 12-5-25 12:47 |只看該作者
I think for VSA studying environment, no one will resist it and say that it is no good in P1, P2. And there should be no problem if you plan your children to study in VSA for 12 years and then study abroad.

But, it would be a problem if for some reasons changing your children to other local schools from P3 onwards. Actually, there might be a gap.

Talking about school fee, although 5 monts deposit, but VSA school fee is reasonable among other IS except ESF. Besides, no need to buy debenture.

If you are looking for happy school life, I think VSA is not a bad choice.

220#
發表於 12-5-25 13:38 |只看該作者
回復 Ving 的帖子

Dear Ving, thanks for your share.  My husband and I even the helper are talking Cantonese to my son, so he has no English or Mandarin enviroment except in Kindergarten, he is studing K2 in Victoria.  And my son is very shy and not like to express himself and talking.  Then do you think VSA is suitable?  My concern is he going to be passive in the school as his English or Mandarin is not good as other kids because most of them are native speakers actually.....Or do I think too much?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題