用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RCHK Admissions Assessment (09/10 Year 2)
查看: 5770|回覆: 30
go

RCHK Admissions Assessment (09/10 Year 2) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-5-13 00:09 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all:

RC has been confirmed the attendance for my kid to the Primary Admissions Assessment which will be held on 14 May 2009 (THUR)

Assessment will last around 1 hour

Anyn advise? Many many thanks.......
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-5-13 10:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-13 00:09 發表
Dear all:

RC has been confirmed the attendance for my kid to the Primary Admissions Assessment which will be held on 14 May 2009 (THUR)

Assessment will last around 1 hour

Anyn advise? Many many  ...

I am not a RC parent, so what I can do is to provide you some links for reference in case you have not come across with it, and you will know a bit what happen in RC. Hope other "RC" parents will be wise enough to share their experience with you la.....

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/uploaded_files/Y2%20Bulletin%20Health%2008091237248000.doc

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/uploaded_files/3%20Way%20Conferences%2008%20-%20Final1222905600.pdf

http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/content.php?contentid=183

Yr 2. Language requirement

http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?langno=1&nodeID=1051

And one hint, take your kid to walk around in RC today during school hour if possible, and go play with him inside (hope you can see my message). So he will get familiar with the environment earlier before the interview. Good Luck!

[ 本帖最後由 popolung 於 09-5-13 10:50 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-5-14 12:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-13 10:48 發表

I am not a RC parent, so what I can do is to provide you some links for reference in case you have not come across with it, and you will know a bit what happen in RC. Hope other "RC" parents will be ...

Thank you for your advice.

I think my kid is an experienced interviewee for the last few months, (he has attended few DSS interview before) he appears not only without stress and scare before the interview but also with a clearly describe of the entire procedure and content for the interview.

The interviewer is a foreign teacher , when the kid depart from the reception then start to talk in English, the interview include playing puzzle, reading story books, vocabulary and frank talk.

Anyway, this is the last interview for my kid and completed the entire task for the P1 admission.

Thanks “popolung” for your useful information and kindly assists.

May I know, which Primary School for your kid?

Once again, thanks a lot.

4#
發表於 09-5-14 12:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 12:34 發表

I think my kid is an experienced interviewee for the last few months, (he has attended few DSS interview before) he appears not only without stress and scare before the  ...

My daughter is now studying in Abacus, and will go to CWBS in coming Aug.

Good luck, all the best!

5#
發表於 09-5-14 12:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 12:48 發表

My daughter is now studying in Abacus, and will go to CWBS in coming Aug.

Good luck, all the best!

CWBS also an ESF schools? adopted the IB PYP mode?

Thanks your kindly reply.

[ 本帖最後由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 12:57 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 09-5-14 13:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 12:56 發表

CWBS also an ESF schools? adopted the IB PYP mode?

Thanks your kindly reply.

yes, CWBS stand for ClearWater Bay School, also under ESF.

http://cwbs.edu.hk/

Yes they are now also IB PYP already

http://cwbs.edu.hk/pyp.html

I think they switched to IB recently, but RC is using IB since day 1.

7#
發表於 09-5-14 13:17 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 12:34 發表

I think my kid is an experienced interviewee for the last few months, (he has attended few DSS interview before) he appears not only without stress and scare before the  ...

Good sharing.
This forum need more parents like you to keep it popular.
Just curious to ask will u accept the offer if you have got it? or DSS remains your primary targets?

8#
發表於 09-5-14 13:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 13:14 發表

yes, CWBS stand for ClearWater Bay School, also under ESF.

http://cwbs.edu.hk/

Yes they are now also IB PYP already

http://cwbs.edu.hk/pyp.html

I think they switched to IB recently, but RC is us ...

Thanks your reply and useful information.
Be frank, if RC accept my kid, I will give up  all the DSS.
You agreed?

9#
發表於 09-5-14 13:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 13:19 發表

Thanks your reply and useful information.
Be frank, if RC accept my kid, I will give up  all the DSS.
You agreed?

Well, depends I will say. IB is not as relax as GCE anymore. They also have certain amount of homework, and they need your kid to have creative thinking to learn and study. If you are a parent that can guide your kid via, it is good.

DSS homework may be tough (depend on school and how you look at the way they teach) but since most parents are from local stream, you may think this is normal, and the local syllabus have certain format and study material to follow. So some parents will think it is good.

For me, if I were you, I will choose RC of course, no doubt!

10#
發表於 09-5-14 23:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-14 13:17 發表

Good sharing.
This forum need more parents like you to keep it popular.
Just curious to ask will u accept the offer if you have got it? or DSS remains your primary targets?

Thanks your comment.

Be frank, if RC accept by kid, I think I will accept without doubtful. However, I have another concern: some of the DSS or PS they also alleged establish the IB mode, if compare to the RC (of course, RC is an accredted IB school from Primary to Secondary) with the DSS, PS, the school fee is cheaper than RC,
In fact, we can't to compare the DSS with the IS together, RC is a accredited IB school, another DSS just adopt the IB mode since secondary stage, therefore, my final target is IS. If my kid fail at RC, I still have 2 DSS for selection.

11#
發表於 09-5-14 23:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-14 13:49 發表

Well, depends I will say. IB is not as relax as GCE anymore. They also have certain amount of homework, and they need your kid to have creative thinking to learn and study. If you are a parent that  ...

Totally agreed with you.
But the school fee for the DSS so attractive to me (alleged the IB mode DSS).

hahaha

12#
發表於 09-5-15 00:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 23:32 發表

Totally agreed with you.
But the school fee for the DSS so attractive to me (alleged the IB mode DSS).

hahaha

Can you share which 2 DSSs you have seats already?

13#
發表於 09-5-15 00:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-15 00:14 發表

Can you share which 2 DSSs you have seats already?

Of course, LA & EC for final selection stage.
another 2 already give up and release the seats for those waiting list.

[ 本帖最後由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-15 00:37 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 09-5-15 00:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-15 00:35 發表

Of course, LA & EC for final selection stage.
another 2 already give up and release the seats for those waiting list.

Hope your kid can get in RCHK, good luck!

15#
發表於 09-5-15 00:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 popolung 於 09-5-15 00:48 發表

Hope your kid can get in RCHK, good luck!

Thanks. I hope so.

16#
發表於 09-5-15 09:56 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-14 23:26 發表

Thanks your comment.

Be frank, if RC accept by kid, I think I will accept without doubtful. However, I have another concern: some of the DSS or PS they also alleged establish the IB mode, if compa ...

According to your description, your child will have a good chance to have an offer.
Personally, I don't believe local school running IB in the first day...
These management (principal, senior) and teachers are running the local mode for a long long time in the local environment, striving for better HKCE result, higher hit rate at University admission. And then one day when they wake up, they are told to switch to IB. What do you think? Local mode : C&C  (comparison & competition) has already tattooed in their genes. (or to be polite, their historical burden is huge.) How can they totally adopt the mode of IB and give up C&C immediately?
Of course, all these feeling is only just from my personal experience in an "IB" "international" kindergarten.
[Other parents (esp. DSS parents) disagree with me, pls. feel free to share.]
Yes. If your final target is IS, I agree that RC should be your first choice.

17#
發表於 09-5-15 21:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-15 09:56 發表

According to your description, your child will have a good chance to have an offer.
Personally, I don't believe local school running IB in the first day...
These management (principal, senior) and te ...

Thanks your reply.

I don't think my kid have a good chance to have an offer because I think his performace just fair only. I must say that RC is a higher standard requirement school, and not easy to join them.

I just want to share the IB mode adoptation for local PS and DSS.
GT, LA and CKY also alleged they adopt the IB mode, but of course, they just provide IB  mode since secondary stage. Some of the parents said that a large number of teacher under the IB training now (for those alleged adopt IB mode DSS). We can't to suspect which school can obtain the IB accredit first, may be some of the parent they don't care the school is adopt IB or not, they just want a "English" Primary school only. But I'm tired for the traditional education system in HK, force and stress make the student so harsh, learning become without interest...so pity picture..I don't know I can select the right way for my kid or not at this moment, but I can't sustain learning without interesting for my kid.

I'm fully agree your point of view.

[ 本帖最後由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-15 21:11 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 09-5-15 22:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-15 21:06 發表

Thanks your reply.

I don't think my kid have a good chance to have an offer because I think his performace just fair only. I must say that RC is a higher standard requirement school, and not easy t ...

Yes. that why we are attempting to find a way out in IS.

19#
發表於 09-5-15 23:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-5-15 22:57 發表

Yes. that why we are attempting to find a way out in IS.

But if my kid fail in RC, LA is my last choice.

20#
發表於 09-5-16 00:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 Santa_Maria 於 09-5-15 23:51 發表

But if my kid fail in RC, LA is my last choice.

As long as u have tried your best effort, everything will be fine!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題