用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單    

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-28 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
Hi icbb1230,

Just to clarify GH's primary is not thru central allocation but own's application since it is a private primary school.

Also, a reminder to parents who consider applying for GH's primary in the future.  Since they have their own kindergarten now and they commit to these children priority of acceptance.  This means they won't have as much openings to the public for P1 application as they used to have any more!  This is a lot of seats so getting accept by GH's P1 may be tougher.  Of course, it is actually an unknown as it hasn't happened yet!

So, the issue you have is (1) do you choose only the best option available or (2) taking any second best with more certainty.  Compare SC and GH kinder, probably SC would have a better track record for DGJS's application.  GH is new and there is very little we can predicted.  My guess is since it doesn't take voucher, that means their new program would be something outside of the proposed curriculum by the EDB.  So, it is likely they would have more English and/or PTH training than those accepting vouchers, etc.  This is just my guess though.  So, whether it is still a good preparation for DGJS?  I guess no one can tell you but you are certainly free to apply for it.  While doing so, you have GH's primary as your backup.  With SC, I guess you would have none (unless you have other options haven't mentioned).

So, if you really dream of DGJS so much, then SC seems to be a more logical choice at this stage with limited information we can have.  Since I don't think you will be happy to take GH now.

Just something to think about....  why you like DGJS so much?  Have you research and consider this is a school which fits both you and your daughter?  (just out of curiosity)

Ian

原帖由 icbb1230 於 10-4-27 17:20 發表
Hi iantsang,

This is not the 1st time I ask the same question and think I am not the only one who is still struggling under the same case.  Hope I can get some comment from you.

My daughter is stud ...

發表於 10-4-28 14:00 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks, iantsang.

I know GH is private primary school, what I meant is if I can't get in a desire school thru central allocation, fail in DGJS, but only GH primary accepts, I would take GH.  

Actually, my priority is:

1) Able to get in a good school thru central allocation because $$ saving ma!  But it all depends on "luck", not controlled by me or ability of the daughter.

2) DGJS.  I know there are many people resist this kind of school - student seems from rich family, competition among student & parent, kids will be under pressure, etc.  However, I think if kids can adapt to this kind of school, she will be benefit in different areas:  language building, initiative in learning, confident, sense of superiority, networking, etc.

3) Private or DSS school.  Kowloon side, girl school, 1st choice is GH.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-4-28 09:39 發表
Hi icbb1230,

Just to clarify GH's primary is not thru central allocation but own's application since it is a private primary school.

Also, a reminder to parents who consider applying for GH's pr ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-28 14:44 |顯示全部帖子
Hi icbb1230,

So are you assuming GH primary will accept your daughter since you have decided to go to GH for K2?

Ian

原帖由 icbb1230 於 10-4-28 14:00 發表
Thanks, iantsang.

I know GH is private primary school, what I meant is if I can't get in a desire school thru central allocation, fail in DGJS, but only GH primary accepts, I would take GH.  

Actua ...

發表於 10-4-28 14:55 |顯示全部帖子
Hi iantsang,

yes ar, I assume my daughter can directly promote to GH primary if I switch her to GH for K2.  The teacher told GH primary normally will accept all the kids, unless they have very serious problem in learning ability.  So, I don't know if my daughter is very outstanding, but at least she is ok so far in all kind of development.

I understand there is no perfect in the world, but every decision making of school, I always feel headache.....

cheers

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-4-28 14:44 發表
Hi icbb1230,

So are you assuming GH primary will accept your daughter since you have decided to go to GH for K2?

Ian

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-28 15:00 |顯示全部帖子
oic, no wonder!  I am sorry because I thought you are still struggling between GH and St. Cat.  I am aware that GH kinder girls should be able to promote to GH primary that's why I was concern if you stick with St. Cat., then if you are unlucky on your first two choices, you may lost GH as your "backup" too.

So you are pretty much decided already?  Still having second thought?

Ian

原帖由 icbb1230 於 10-4-28 14:55 發表
Hi iantsang,

yes ar, I assume my daughter can directly promote to GH primary if I switch her to GH for K2.  The teacher told GH primary normally will accept all the kids, unless they have very serio ...

發表於 10-4-28 17:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

yes, I'm still struggling, but need to make up mind this week as SC will bank in my cheque after 01May holiday.  

Should I go for "back up" or should I aim to the "final goal"?  If you were me, what is your choice?

Sigh......

icbb1230

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-4-28 15:00 發表
oic, no wonder!  I am sorry because I thought you are still struggling between GH and St. Cat.  I am aware that GH kinder girls should be able to promote to GH primary that's why I was concern if you  ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-28 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
Hi icbb1230,

It took us a few back-and-worth messages but at least now I know where we are at... obviously you are in the stage of nervous and bit of anxiety now!

For me, I would choose GH with a safer path to primary school.  The key is here whether you are aiming for DGJS or eventually DGS!

The reason why I spent so much time on researching the education system is to fully understand how these different components inter-related.  The transition point where we could have little control is due to primary schools are being allocation by chance!  To avoid that, you would try to secure a school in an earlier stage, that is, kindergarten.

I always remind parents not to aim a particular school for the children too early at the stage since it still take long time until we discover the characteristics of the children.  There are no such thing as perfect school for everyone.  Students will excel in environment which is suitable for their own development.  So, what I wanna say is, why so eager to get into to DGJS now?  There are plenty of seats in DGS for non-DGJS students and if your children is suitable for such school, then let them decide if they find it fit and apply their secondary section!

At the end, remember it is the parents' commitment which is most important!

I wish you and your daughter the very best!  And I sincerely hope this help you solve your dilemma.

Ian

原帖由 icbb1230 於 10-4-28 17:22 發表
Hi Ian,

yes, I'm still struggling, but need to make up mind this week as SC will bank in my cheque after 01May holiday.  

Should I go for "back up" or should I aim to the "final goal"?  If you were ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-4-28 18:03 編輯 ]

發表於 10-4-28 18:06 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

I would like to get your advice on picking N1 (pre-nursery) among (a) Lingnan (b) Rosaryhill and (c) Victoria for my 1.5 year old boy.  He is a "small boy" (Oct08 baby) and has got offers from (a) and (b) and will attend interviewfor (c) next week.  

We understand that the English standard is higher in (c) and (b), while (a) would focus more on discipline and Chinese.

We would like to apply for (and switch to) a good kinder for K1 (such as SKH, St Paul Church, etc.) this year, but also need a back-up (in case we couldn't get better offer for K1).  Any advice?

Thanks a lot

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-29 01:07 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Evakim,

Personally I feel the importance of attending pre-nursery is to have a general preparation for children to interact with others without adults' supervision.

So I think the main criteria should be which pre-nursery has kindergarten section that you would prefer.  Probably need to ask yourself what kinda primary schools or which areas you would like the kindergarten can offer.

Ian

原帖由 EvaKim 於 10-4-28 18:06 發表
Hi Ian,

I would like to get your advice on picking N1 (pre-nursery) among (a) Lingnan (b) Rosaryhill and (c) Victoria for my 1.5 year old boy.  He is a "small boy" (Oct08 baby) and has got offers fro ...

發表於 10-4-29 01:33 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Ian,

Did you apply SKH and St. Paul's Church (K1) for your daughter?  And may I ask why you finally choose SH?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-4-29 03:05 |顯示全部帖子
Hi happy07pig,

No, I didn't apply for neither ones.  I don't live in HK side so both kindergartens don't have a good reason which I would feel it worth the traveling.

Why we choose SH?  There are so many reasons but in brief, my daughter likes this kindergarten the most and we both have the same feelings.  I just feel it has the best program design so the children can have good moral education ( I think that's the most important) while there are good balance of learning on different areas (not too simple but also not too advance).

Personally I don't like kindergartens being focus too much on particular training on certain skills since children should be in the stage to explore their natural talents.  I don't want my preference as parents to limit their options in the future.  So, SHCK appears to be the most ideal place while having a good primary school to secure the seat (We prefer half-day primary school and also prefer Chinese as medium of instruction in the primary stage so SHCSPS just happens to be perfect for us).

Ian

原帖由 happy07pig 於 10-4-29 01:33 發表
Hi Ian,

Did you apply SKH and St. Paul's Church (K1) for your daughter?  And may I ask why you finally choose SH?

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-4-29 03:07 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 09:58 |顯示全部帖子

中小學「結龍」死铫押後三年

(星島日報報道)現時全港所有直屬及聯繫中小學原訂須於兩年後表態是否「結龍」,但本報獲悉,教育局上周已向所有直屬及聯繫學校發出通函,將表態的「死铫」延遲三年至二○一五年,並會委託機構研究不同學校現時的「一條龍」模式。不少有意「結龍」的學校都歡迎政府的決定,但有校長認為,政府應將「結龍」模式開放,容許「津貼對私立」或「津貼對直資」的結龍模式。
根據《小學概覽》資料,現時全港有二十六所津貼中學有直屬小學,中學會於升中派位時預留八成半的學額予直屬小學的學生;至於跟小學有聯繫關係的中學,則會於派位時預留兩成半學額取錄聯繫小學的學生。

政府為減輕學生升中派位的壓力,原規定所有有直屬及聯繫關係的學校於二○一二年五月三十一日前表態是否「結龍」,並最遲於一三/一四學年的小一級開始實施「一條龍」的辦學模式;直屬或聯繫制度最遲於一九年九月取消。直至本學年,全港已有二十四所津貼小學與中學採取「一條龍」的辦學模式。
不過,教育局上周正式向全港所有直屬及聯繫學校發出通函,表示聽取過業界意見及審慎考慮後,明白不少學校在籌劃結成「一條龍」學校時遇到困難,對「結龍」存在不同意見,決定將表態「死铫」推遲三年至二○一五年五月三十一日,其間政府會委託外間機構進行研究,總結現時各學校推行「一條龍」的模式及經驗,以助政府考慮「一條龍」辦學模式與直屬及聯繫學校的未來路向。

代表喇沙書院、協恩中學等二十二所傳統名校的補助學校議會,有十多所津貼學校設有直屬或聯繫小學,主席譚兆炳贊成政府推遲表態結龍的「死铫」,他指出,會員學校普遍認同預留八成半學額予直屬小學的做法,但部分會員對「一條龍」的辦學模式有保留,「一條龍是百分百接收小學部的學生,但現時小學統一派位是隨機抽樣,甚至會接收第三組別的小一學生,故學習差異會非常大,直屬或聯繫機制可從中篩選學生,提升學生的學習動力」。

現時與聖若瑟小學維持直屬關係的聖若瑟書院,副校長陳永強表示,家長與校友普遍認同辦學模式,他認為當局延遲「一條龍」辦學模式的限期,可讓學校有更多時間討論,但強調現時直屬模式運作順暢,學校無意在限期前作出決定。

正研究與小學結龍的香港培正中學校長葉賜添亦認同,政府押後「一條龍」的表態期限,可讓學界有更多時間與空間去研究將來學校的發展路向;但他指出,政府規定結龍學校必須是「津貼對津貼」、「資助對資助」的模式,並且規定結龍中學須百分百取錄所有小學的學生,有關規定應該檢討,「培正中學是津貼學校,培正小學則是私立學校,中小學幾十年來的運作模式一直行之有效,學界亦有一些辦得不錯的直屬中、小學,到底百分百取錄是否唯一的結龍模式,值得局方研究」。

香港家長協進會主席陳小珠認為,家長普遍歡迎「一條龍」的辦學模式,主要認同這種模式能確保子女完成十二年學習生涯至中學畢業,「現在心儀學校要遲三年才表態是否『結龍』,對家長來說當然有點失望」。

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 10:01 |顯示全部帖子

中小學「結龍」延後三年

【大公報訊】現時全港約有二十多所津貼中學設有直屬及聯繫小學、如香港培正中學及喇沙書院等。教育局決定,把直屬及聯繫學校表態是否「結龍」期限,延期三年,至二○一五年五月三十一日。

教育局發言人表示,局方聽取業界意見及審慎考慮後,決定把直屬及聯繫學校決定是否採用「一條龍」辦學模式的期限,由一二年五月三十一日延長至一五年五月三十一日,以配合局方檢視「一條龍」模式的研究,局方已於四月二十一日發信予所有直屬及聯繫學校。

發言人強調,對「一條龍」辦學模式政策及立場並無更改,鼓勵認同「一條龍」理念的中、小學,申請採用此種辦學模式。現時採用「一條龍」辦學的學校,普遍認同「一條龍」為學生帶來益處。發言人補充,就業界對推行「一條龍」意見,已決定委託機構作研究,以總結和評鑑在不同學校運作模式中,實踐「一條龍」理念的經驗。

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 10:08 |顯示全部帖子
Looking at this postponement  from different angles:

(1) Since the decision to link up or not is delayed, that means current primary - secondary school with links can be maintained including children born up to 2009 (for year 2015 P1 entrances).  The good thing is at least they are still linked so choosing kindergartens with private primary schools, can still give assurance to reach their secondary schools with link.

(2) On the contrary, since the decision is delayed, that means parents hoping for more one-dragon mode will also be delayed.  I believe most school systems would rather wait until last minute to make such change, and only if they have no other options.  Honestly, I don't think a lot of one-dragon can eventually be formed to those popular choices.  Very few have made or going to make such decisions but schools are definitely reserved to do so.

原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-10 09:58 發表
(星島日報報道)現時全港所有直屬及聯繫中小學原訂須於兩年後表態是否「結龍」,但本報獲悉,教育局上周已向所有直屬及聯繫學校發出通函,將表態的「死铫」延遲三年至二○一五年,並會委託機構研究不同學校現時的「一條龍」模 ...

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 13:16 |顯示全部帖子
Dear Ian,

Could you give 一條龍幼稚園->私立/直資 小學 list (for boy) for Kowloon West, Kowloon Tong, Ma On Shan, and NT areas? Many thanks.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
Hi lsftsang,

The list is available and updated on the page 1 of this post:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=1#pid32337346

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-10 13:16 發表
Dear Ian,

Could you give 一條龍幼稚園->私立/直資 小學 list (for boy) for Kowloon West, Kowloon Tong, Ma On Shan, and NT areas? Many thanks.

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iantsang 於 10-5-10 13:50 發表
Hi lsftsang,

The list is available and updated on the page 1 of this post:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=1#pid32337346

Thanks.  But do I have to look up the school location one by one or you already compile a list regarding the district area?

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-10 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
No, it is not a long list so I haven't attempted to group them by district.  Basically you will find most of them in Kowloon Tong/ Kowloon City area and HK island.

On the other hand, I suggest you to find the kindergartens from link as provided below:

http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/kindergarten/

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-10 14:24 發表

Thanks.  But do I have to look up the school location one by one or you already compile a list regarding the district area?

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-10 15:40 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

發表於 10-5-12 15:04 |顯示全部帖子
lsftsang,

Here's the list of schools in the areas you specified:

Kowloon West
Delia English Primary School & Kindergarten (地利亞英文小學暨幼稚園)

Tsung Tsin Primary School And Kindergarten (崇真小學暨幼稚園)

Kowloon Tong/ Kowloon City
Alliance Primary School, Kowloon Tong (九龍塘宣道小學)

Creative Primary School (
啟思小學)

First Assembly of God Primary School & Kindergarten (神召第一小學暨幼稚園)

Holy Trinity Primary School (聖三一堂小學)

K.L.T. Funful English Primary School
(
九龍塘方方樂趣英文小學)

Kowloon Rhenish School (九龍禮賢學校)

Munsang College (Primary Section) (民生書院(小學部))

Pooi To Primary School (香港培道小學) (120 in capacity)

Pui Ching Primary School (香港培正小學) (240 in capacity)

St. Johannes College (Primary Section) (聖若望英文書院(小學部))

Tak Nga Primary School (德雅小學)

Ma On San

Nil

NT Areas
Gigamind English Primary School (WD) (激活英文小學 (全日))

Below is link to overview of all primary schools for your further reference.
http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

原帖由 lsftsang 於 10-5-10 13:16 發表
Dear Ian,

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-12 15:05 編輯 ]

發表於 10-5-12 15:37 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your information!!
Very useful.