密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 關於IB的疑問
樓主: misstaisen
go

關於IB的疑問

發表於 10-7-16 19:20 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# papa_pop 的文章

ESF - KGV, SIS, WIS have both GCE AL and IBDP. May be changed in the future, not now.

發表於 10-7-17 10:49 |顯示全部帖子
According to its website, ESF has developed a so-called ESF Diploma which leads to four pathways: (1) IBDP, (2) Advanced Dip, (3) Intermediate Dip and (4) Foundation Dip.

Let's focus on (1) and (2) - as (3) is for "intermediate" transition to the former two, and (4) is meant for those with significant learning difficulties.

(2) is based around a hexagon of 'experience' that features a selection of 'applied' AL courses and B Tec and IB courses.  Apart from a compulsory literacy and numeracy component, it includes IB elements such as TOK, EE and CAS.

To me, this Advanced Diploma is unlike the conventional GCE AL as we have long known that comprises primarily academic subjects.  Instead it seems to provide a way-out for those who may not be able to pursue IB, hence opt to take 'applied' AL and B Tec such as Art and Design, Sport, Digital Media, Fashion and Clothing, etc.

True that they provide some 'applied' AL but I don't see it as a parallel offering of IBDP and GCE AL.  Anyway, I'm no expert and I'd better leave it to those in the know.

發表於 10-8-1 00:33 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# papa_pop 的文章

Thanks for your info related to ESF. Be honest, it's not my focus. My focus more on the difference between NSS & IBDP. As my son opt for IBDP by himself, I did my job.

Also, here is mainly for Primary students/parents. Our discussions may off the topic, I will stop here.

Bye.