教育王國

標題: 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 [打印本頁]

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-20 00:07     標題: 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單

本帖最後由 iantsang 於 13-1-24 09:38 編輯

[請按入]  全新2013-14年度一條龍幼稚園名單

Actually I have prepared this information almost 3 months ago and was hoping to find time to translate it to Chinese so it will be easier for most parents to read.  However, I couldn't find the time to do so and I know many parents need to start to decide what kindergartens to apply so I hope some past experience of mine can help the parents of the 2007 babies.

Based on my experience applying for kindergarten for my daughter last year, here are some factual details for the 2007 babies’ parents to note during their kindergarten selection process.

Personally, I consider kindergarten as an institution to prepare for primary education.
So, considering which kindergarten to attend should be highly influenced by which primary schools are your targets.
However, in reality, only 61 primary schools can be targeted.
The rest of them, luck and faith will play a bigger role rather than which kindergarten your children will attend.

(Below fiigures updated: 2012-5-18)
In Hong Kong, majority of primary schools are Government Aided (422) or Government (34).
Admission to these schools would be mainly through the Discretionary Places Admission (Points system) or Central Allocation (Geographically).
To be admitted to these primary schools, which kindergartens your children attend is NOT the MAIN consideration.
So, even you target these schools, you have little to affect the result except to move to that region and try your luck.

So, the remaining 61 primary school (40 are private and 21 are DSS) are what you really can try to put in the effort and control your children’s destiny.
Out of these 61 schools, only 25 of the private primary schools have RELATED kindergartens.
However, not all of them guarantee P1 admission to their kindergarten students without an interview.

The very few which I have checked with the school previously that P1 seats are reserved for their own kindergarten students, including:

Kowloon Side
1. Pooi To Primary School (香港培道小學) (120 in capacity)
2. Pui Ching Primary School (香港培正小學) (240 in capacity)

Hong Kong Island Side
1. The True Light Middle School of Hong Kong (Primary Section) (香港真光中學(小學部)) (120 (Tai Hang Campus)

New Note (Added 2013-01-09): Over the years I have mentioned in various situation that eventually the only one remain above will be Pui Ching, due to a very simple reason that their P1 capacity is consistently enough to cover ALL the kindergarten K3 students every year.  For other schools, they will no longer be able to guarantee the admission as more and more K3 students would have the demand for P1 seats and this will push this number over the capacity allowed.  Please note even though these are private schools, they are still limited to number of classrooms available and the seats capacity in each classroom by the fire department.

Other primary schools which admits majority of their own kindergarten students are:

Kowloon Side
1. Munsang College (Primary Section) (
民生書院(小學部)) (240 in capacity)

2. Good Hope School(Primary Section) (德望學校 (小學部)) (210 in capacity)(Modified: 2010-09-01 Admission not guaranteed)

Hong Kong Island Side
1. Kau Yan School (救恩學校)
2. St. Paul's Convent School (Primary Section) (聖保祿學校(小學部))
3. Sacred Heart Canossian School Private Section (嘉諾撒聖心學校私立部) (180 in capacity, 240 in 2011/12) (Modified: 2010-09-17 Admission not guaranteed for 2011-12 P1 intake)
4. The True Light Middle School of Hong Kong (Primary Section) (香港真光中學(小學部)) (60 (Caine Road) in capacity) (Modified: 2012-01-14 Capacity of Caine Road should be 60) (Modified: 2013-01-09 Admission not guaranteeed for Caine Road students)
5.St. Clare's Primary School (120 in capacity)(Modified: 2010-05-21 Direct Admission) (Modified: 2013-01-09 Depends on capacity and demand)

The remaining 16 private primary schools have related kindergartens but either (1) admissions from them are not guaranteed; (2) under 50% admitted or (3) no information are available:

Alliance Primary School, Kowloon Tong (九龍塘宣道小學)
Creative Primary School (啟思小學)
Delia English Primary School & Kindergarten (地利亞英文小學暨幼稚園)
First Assembly of God Primary School & Kindergarten (神召第一小學暨幼稚園)
Gigamind English Primary School (WD) (激活英文小學 (全日))
Holy Trinity Primary School (聖三一堂小學)
K.L.T. Funful English Primary School (九龍塘方方樂趣英文小學)
Kiangsu & Chekiang Primary School (蘇浙小學)
Kowloon Rhenish School (九龍禮賢學校)
Lingnan Primary School (嶺南小學暨幼稚園)
Our Lady's Primary School (聖母小學) (Updated: 2010-05-21:Interviews required since 2010)
Raimondi College Kindergarten (高主教書院幼稚園部) (added: 2012/5/18)

Rosaryhill School (Primary Section) (玫瑰崗學校(小學部))
St. Johannes College (Primary Section) (聖若望英文書院(小學部))
Tsung Tsin Primary School And Kindergarten (崇真小學暨幼稚園)
Victoria Shanghai Academy (滬江維多利亞學校)

Removed 2012-2-19: Tack Ching Primary School (德貞小學) (Ceased P1 intake in 2010)
Removed 2012-2-19: Tak Nga Primary School (德雅小學)

It is recommended to contact both the kindergartens and the related primary schools for more updated information.
The information I provided here do not represent any of the kindergartens and primary schools as listed above, and they can vary from time to time, and also subject upon the answers given by the school staff.

I just hope to share this information and help many of the parents as one of the factors to consider.  This is just part one and I have some more to share later for consideration on other kindergartens, e.g. many of the famous kindergartens in Kowloon Tong.

Ian

p.s. Any comments or corrections are also welcome!

Since the topic has been put on top, so I have added these links to the various parts inside this thread for easy finding:

(Part 2)
Other options besides 一條龍幼稚園:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=2#pid32353593

(Part 3)
資助小學附屬幼稚園:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=5#pid32374849

(Part 4)
直屬/聯繫學校最遲於2012年5月31日決定是否結龍:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=5#pid32374905

(Part 4 UPDATED) 中小學「結龍」死铫押後三年http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=18#pid32879599

私立&直資 一條龍/直屬/聯繫 幼稚園->小學->中學名單:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=7#pid32398457

(The excel file for download):
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=7#pid32398489

List of kindergartens applied in 2008-2009 for reference:
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2154056&page=2#pid32355357

再提醒2009出世(特別是細B)的父母:
「若你們的小孩子有打算將來進入有直屬及聯繫中學的小學,請盡量在今年(2012)讀幼稚園幼兒班(K1),因為根據教育局現時的期限,你們這一屆是暫時最後一屆仍能保持直屬及聯繫。若這些學校選擇不接成一條龍,便須『脫龍』。」

(UPDATED) 中小學結龍死綫 或無限期押後 http://www.edu-kingdom.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=2154056&pid=35881660&fromuid=226763

如覺得資料有用,請按下面「支持」,謝謝!

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-4-11 13:55 編輯 ]
作者: ML_Ngan    時間: 09-9-20 00:58

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-20 00:07 發表
Actually I have prepared this information almost 3 months ago and was hoping to find time to translate it to Chinese so it will be easier for most parents to read.  However, I couldn't find the time t ...

作者: bighead9849    時間: 09-9-20 07:15

Really thanks for your sharing !
作者: lovelyaudrey    時間: 09-9-20 07:44

thanks for ur sharing, hardwork and heart-work
作者: MoJoJoJo    時間: 09-9-20 07:48

thanks for you sharing, ian!
looking forward to your part 2!
作者: csky    時間: 09-9-20 09:05

TKS A LOT FOR YOUR SHARING!
作者: jl118    時間: 09-9-20 09:47

Actually I have prepared this information almost 3 months ago and was hoping to find time to translate it to Chinese so it will be easier for most parents to read.  However, I couldn't find the time t ...

Thank you very much
作者: yee79    時間: 09-9-20 09:59

Thanks for your sharing...
作者: vic6    時間: 09-9-20 12:57

thanks for yr help....welll done!!
i will use it for my son's ref.
作者: eggmama    時間: 09-9-20 21:24

Though it doesn't matter whatever kinder your kids study if you are not target DSS/private primary, educational level of many famous gov't aid primary schools are really high (or they are very 'pushing'), so to choose a good (maybe not too easy?) kinder is very important to connect with P1 curriculum.

Thanks for detailed information.
作者: NT-1    時間: 09-9-20 21:56

Thank for sharing!!  I start reading your posts even before your daughter got acceptance to the SH.  BTW, your daughter and mine are the same age and also applied the 2009-2010 SH.
I bet your daughter must be enjoying the school very much :)
作者: pop    時間: 09-9-20 23:21

thank you for your time in writing this up and sharing it. very useful.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-21 18:30

Hi NT-1,

Thanks and my daughter enjoys school very much!  How about your daughter?  Is she in spk now?  I heard the kindergarten promotes more relax school life for kindergarten so it should be quite happy to go to school.

Ian

原帖由 NT-1 於 09-9-20 21:56 發表
Thank for sharing!!  I start reading your posts even before your daughter got acceptance to the SH.  BTW, your daughter and mine are the same age and also applied the 2009-2010 SH.
I bet your daughte ...

作者: 王惠光    時間: 09-9-21 22:06

Many thanks for your sharing!!!!!

作者: hecabb    時間: 09-9-21 23:06

Thanks for the sharing, the information is very useful.
作者: heidy4ever    時間: 09-9-22 00:02

thanks for sharing.  
作者: pop    時間: 09-9-22 00:06

can you post some more about famous kindergartens in Kowloon Tong?
thanks!
作者: WingBB-222    時間: 09-9-22 02:51

Really appreciate your hard working and sharing on the efforts you did last year.  This is very useful for all of our 07 babies...  Thanks again!!
作者: 小皇帝    時間: 09-9-22 13:00

Thank you for your sharing.
作者: NT-1    時間: 09-9-22 13:23     標題: 回覆 13# iantsang 的文章

Glad to hear your daughter enjoying the school :)  How old is your younger daughter??  I have a younger son, perhaps they are the same age??  
Same as your daughter, mine just love the kinder.  There is a birthday party coming this friday.  She is already very excited.  The only sad thing is that she can't sip water or eat breakfast before the school bus ride due to the motion sickness.  After discussing with her  class teacher, i arrange her to eat in class before school starts.  But she usually complains that she doesn't have enough time to finish her bread
作者: 2006YIUYIU    時間: 09-9-22 14:49

thank you!!!!!
作者: alicelmlau    時間: 09-9-22 15:06

妳好好人同好犀利呀!
唔該哂妳呀!
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-22 22:14     標題: Correction made on 2009-09-21

May I apologize to the parents that have read my post, some information was not correct so I would like to correct it asap.

I just find out from two of my friends that
Munsang College (Primary Section) (民生書院(小學部)) does not guarantee admissions to the primary section for the kindergarten students.  So, I have already updated it on the top post to reflect this.

Very sorry about such mistake since Munsang was not my cup of tea!  
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-22 23:42

Hi NT-1,

My younger daughter is now 15 months old, so preparing to apply for pre-nursery again!  Is it the same as your younger son?

Sorry to hear that she will feel uncomfortable to take the bus after eating.  Then she must be very poor and feel very hungry to start school.  But I think she must enjoy the school very much otherwise she should be complaing by now!  Have you ask the doctor and see if there are any solutions?  Or will you consider moving close to school?

原帖由 NT-1 於 09-9-22 13:23 發表
Glad to hear your daughter enjoying the school :)  How old is your younger daughter??  I have a younger son, perhaps they are the same age??  
Same as your daughter, mine just love the kinder.  There  ...

作者: elmolly    時間: 09-9-23 00:15

Hi Ian,

thanks for your sharing, it's really kind of you

by the way, do you have a list on private schools that allow lucky draw? I just know some of them, but not all.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-23 10:26

Hi Emily,

I also don't have much information on this area since it is depends on each private primary to decide each year on whether they allow the students accepted to be available for lucky draw.

However, the basic concept if others who do not know is:  if a student apply for DSS primary school and accept the offer, then those MUST give up the chance for central allocation.  For private primary school, it is not a must to give up.

As far as I know, SPCS (primary) does not require the students to give up, and SHCSPS start from last year, also allow to enter central allocation.  For boys side, St. Louis School should allow central allocation but not sure if they remain this way for this year.

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-9-23 00:15 發表
Hi Ian,

thanks for your sharing, it's really kind of you

by the way, do you have a list on private schools that allow lucky draw? I just know some of them, but not all.

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-23 15:55

Hi alicelmlau, you are welcome!

But I am not a woman.....

原帖由 alicelmlau 於 09-9-22 15:06 發表
妳好好人同好犀利呀!
唔該哂妳呀!

作者: sexycp    時間: 09-9-23 16:00

Thanks. This is definitely a good information for 2007 parents.

Cheers,
作者: carlew    時間: 09-9-23 16:14

iantsang..... you are a superman, thanks a lot
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-23 16:41     標題: (Part II) Other options beside 一條龍幼稚園

Besides kindergartens I mentioned earlier, another popular choices will be the famous kindergartens like St. Catherine’s and Kentville in Kowloon Tong.
These two kindergartens have the biggest class size so they certainly serve as a guarantee of quality.
In my point of view, these two kindergartens are very different.
St. Catherine's emphasize on English skills, while Kentville emphasize on Chinese and Math Skills.
Also, Kentville kids have good self-discipline as commented by many bk parents.
However, these two are just example of another stream of kindergartens with other example like HKPS, Keenmind, Learning Habitat, York, Suka, etc.

The common characteristics of these kindergartens are they usually have tuition fees over the 24,000 limit.
As a result, the voucher is not applicable to these kindergartens and at the same time, their teaching methods will not be restricted by the voucher system.
So, this means they all offer different special programs which is not ordinary so parents must review them carefully to choose the right one for your kids.

The path following studying in this type of kindergarten will usually be DSS/ private primary schools and the children with these special training will certainly have an edge over other kids.
However, my reminder to the parents is to review all the DSS/ private primary school before you assume all of these schools are good.
Similarly, as these schools have less control by the Education Bureau, they can be very different in style.

For information on DSS and private primary school, please make the appropriate selections on the following web page:

http://chsc.edb.hkedcity.net/primary/index.php?lang=c

As mentioned in Part I, there are only 40 DSS and 20 private primary schools in Hong Kong, so the choices are also limited.

For some of the famous ones, you may want to take note of the preferred kindergartens for your considerations:

St. Paul's Co-ed College Primary School: Braemar Hill and SKH
Diocesan Girls'  Junior School : CCKG

Here to mention, CCKG only accepts K2 application so many parents will prefer to prepare the children in St. Catherine's during K1.
Interview for CCKG is English-only.

Part 3 will be followed later to discuss about government subsidized primary schools with related kindergartens and a piece of very important information which affects the 2007 babies.
作者: DDL    時間: 09-9-23 17:13

Hello superman Ian,

唔知你有冇 “蘇浙” 和 “嶺南”嘅資料 ? 可以分享下你點睇嗎 ? 感謝感謝 ~~
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-23 17:27

蘇浙 has local stream and Internatinal section.  Most parents like 蘇浙 because of their training on Putonghua and since they use Putonghua for teaching, it follows the increasing demand on this language nowadays with the huge market in mainland China.  Their primary section is also good but not the secondary section.  Just my personal comment.

For the case of 嶺南, my wife refers to it as the luxury version of Creative kindergarten since the materials are very similar (school uniforms, books they used).  The advantage of their teaching style is to develop the learning ability and creativity with the use of music and songs which also appeals to many parents.

I think most importantly, is to know what you want and what you feel is suitable for your child.  This will help definitely to find the right kinder!

p.s. I am just a regular father, not superman

原帖由 DDL 於 09-9-23 17:13 發表
Hello superman Ian,

唔知你有冇 “蘇浙” 和 “嶺南”嘅資料 ? 可以分享下你點睇嗎 ? 感謝感謝 ~~

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-23 17:29 編輯 ]
作者: bonnie_chan    時間: 09-9-23 18:12

Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-9-23 20:09

係ian 的fan就知: 聖心, spk 啦~~ 因為一直有follow佢d post

by the way, thanks iantsang so much for these information!! you had done soo much hard work!! I had been following your post since last year when you are applying K for your daughter, this year is my turn!!! (definitely next year as well as my girl is a small small girl: end of 12/2007)

原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 09-9-23 18:12 發表
Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間

作者: kakaju    時間: 09-9-23 21:34

just curious why Munsang colleage wasn't your cup of tea? do their curriculum is like other kinder in kln tong?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-22 22:14 發表
May I apologize to the parents that have read my post, some information was not correct so I would like to correct it asap.

I just find out from two of my friends that
Munsang College (Primary Secti ...

作者: fifi8844    時間: 09-9-23 22:35

請問DSS點解呀?
作者: jaspachate    時間: 09-9-23 22:42

Thanks Ian for the information.  I am a father as well.  Would you please comment on the Victoria (Belcher) Kindergarten?  It stresses the implementation of IB (國際文憑) curriculum. What are your comment about the pros & cons in studying kindergartens like this one?  I know there are some more kindgergartens implementing IB, but all are international schools with costs over $4000 - $7000 per month.  Such an expensive study.
作者: jaspachate    時間: 09-9-23 22:45

DSS = 直接資助計劃 Direct Subsidy Scheme

Reference: http://www.edb.gov.hk/index.aspx?langno=2&nodeID=173
作者: heidy4ever    時間: 09-9-23 23:15

原帖由 DDL 於 09-9-23 17:13 發表
Hello superman Ian,

好多謝你上年意見.  我先生同我考慮好耐, SC/KV 定PC 好.  我先生才決定揀培正唔揀其它.  

小朋友而家讀得好開心.   而家對小/中學已經唔需要太擔心.

呢個Post 分析得非常專業.  Thanks you so much

[ 本帖最後由 heidy4ever 於 09-9-23 23:23 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-23 23:53

Please refer to my portfolio of kindergartens applied last year:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1702589&page=1#pid26697887

Thanks for asking, my elder daughter is studying in K1 now.  However, now I am applying for pre-nursery for my younger daughter and she is not as mature as my elder one so I will have headache next year.

原帖由 bonnie_chan 於 09-9-23 18:12 發表
Hi iantsang

你打算apply 那幾間

作者: wjazzw    時間: 09-9-24 00:19

Hi, it's my 1st time seeing this post.  I also have a younger daughter going 15 mths... thinking for pre-nursery.  What's your shortlisted options?

I live on HK side, my elder daughter studied in Creative K, and i just got a seat in Precious Blood (PBK) pm class.  As last year we thought nearby one is better... while more and more friends suggest that thinking of primary school opportunities are much more important... so I make the application these days, hoping to get a seat in those kindergarten with better primary school allocation history....

It seems that Marymount is great, but is it very harsh?... any other suggestions???  What kindergarten will be best for getting a place in Marymount?

On HK side, is that SPK the best?  what about St. Margaret's, and PBK?

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-22 23:42 發表
Hi NT-1,

My younger daughter is now 15 months old, so preparing to apply for pre-nursery again!  Is it the same as your younger son?

Sorry to hear that she will feel uncomfortable to take the bus af ...

[ 本帖最後由 wjazzw 於 09-9-24 00:22 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 00:37

So glad to know that I have fans!  Good luck!

btw, I have answered your post on another thread.  My suggestion may not be absolutely correct but hope to give you another view.  Just treat is as a reference.  My approach is always to take the safer one, I guess you already know.

原帖由 stinkyrabbit111 於 09-9-23 20:09 發表
係ian 的fan就知: 聖心, spk 啦~~ 因為一直有follow佢d post

by the way, thanks iantsang so much for these information!! you had done soo much hard work!! I had been following your post since last year w ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 00:45

This will be my personal comment only.  When I prepared to apply for kindergarten last year, I have went through a long list of kindergartens for my consideration.  So when I make the decision to apply, I decide that I won't apply to kindergartens when I consider them in similar nature.  The main concern of my wife and I was to choose kindergartens which teaches the students with good self-discipline.  So, I chose Kentville and didn't apply for St. Catherine, where they are very different but similar in my view as both are famous kinder in Kln Tong.

Similarly, our preference when consider to apply for Pui Ching and Munsang, PC is more traditional and personally I think PC has a much longer tradition of success.  When comparing these two, the concern of CMI or EMI was less important.  PC's secondary is CMI, but they use English books.  It's the best way but I had that experience in another school with similar approach.  It's not really that bad afteralll.  So, we will choose PC over Munsang.  

原帖由 kakaju 於 09-9-23 21:34 發表
just curious why Munsang colleage wasn't your cup of tea? do their curriculum is like other kinder in kln tong?

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 00:49

I am glad that my comments helped, especially happy to know that you son enjoys school so much!

Thank you so much for your note of appreciation!

原帖由 heidy4ever 於 09-9-23 23:15 發表

好多謝你上年意見.  我先生同我考慮好耐, SC/KV 定PC 好.  我先生才決定揀培正唔揀其它.  

小朋友而家讀得好開心.   而家對小/中學已經唔需要太擔心.

呢個Post 分析得非常專業.  Thanks you so much ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-24 01:06 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 01:03

Hi jaspachate,

Since a few of my friends' children are studying in Victoria, I think I would rather skip my comments for this group of kindergartens......

For the IB program, it is good if (1) you are prepared to send your child to study aboard and (2) financially prepared for the coming costs.

Few thousand a month is one thing but paying it for the next 15-20 years is just another mortgage.

Personally, I must stress, I don't think it is a must to study IB even you plan to send them aboard.  I also studied in traditional school in Hong Kong before I study aboard.  I don't find the benefits of the extra costs.  But this certainly vary for different parents and children's ability to find the best program which suits them.

原帖由 jaspachate 於 09-9-23 22:42 發表
Thanks Ian for the information.  I am a father as well.  Would you please comment on the Victoria (Belcher) Kindergarten?  It stresses the implementation of IB (國際文憑) curriculum. What are your com ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-24 01:06 編輯 ]
作者: DDL    時間: 09-9-24 09:27

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your comments ~~

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-23 17:27 發表
蘇浙 has local stream and Internatinal section.  Most parents like 蘇浙 because of their training on Putonghua and since they use Putonghua for teaching, it follows the increasing demand on this langu ...

作者: jaspachate    時間: 09-9-24 13:35

Thanks for your advice esp. it was at 1:00 at night.

You remind me to cost of paying such fee for the next 10 - 20 years.

By the way, the more I study the education system in HK, the more I think the HK government is shifting the system to a market approach, meaning supply / demand, improvement by market force etc.  DSS is a typcial example.  It seems to me that they are doing similar thing with what they are doing in Medical system.

Anyway, thanks for your information.  I would also apply for 根德園 and 培正 as well.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 15:17

Hi jaspachate,

You are welcome.  Concerning the education system in HK, I would use the term "outourcing" to describe what the officials have been trying to do, so they have less schools to manage.  Of course, this is just part of the whole apporach.

Ian

原帖由 jaspachate 於 09-9-24 13:35 發表
Thanks for your advice esp. it was at 1:00 at night.

You remind me to cost of paying such fee for the next 10 - 20 years.

By the way, the more I study the education system in HK, the more I think th ...

作者: fifi8844    時間: 09-9-24 16:00

Hi Ian
你好, 我都係你fans, 好佩服你, 唔知你可唔可以比D意見我, 我個女係07年8月都算細B, 佢都怕陌生人, 叫佢去東佢就去西, 係麻煩友一名, 所以搵幼稚園都好頭痛, 想問下有無一D好但又比較易入的KG呢?佢宜家讀緊嶺南, 老師話佢都好快適應, 但比較少同同學講野, 希望你可以比D寶貴的意見,我應該幫佢報邊幾間呢?我地住港島, 我無做野, 唔知有無影響呢?我地都唔介意過kowloon tong, 我驚佢最後連一間都唔收, 咁就唔知點算, 麻煩哂你, 謝謝.
Best regards
Fifi
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 16:59

Hi wjazzw,

I assume you have two daughters and the elder one is not studying in Precious Blood and the younger one is applying for pre-nursery this year?

I have not decided on the list of pre-nursery for my young one yet so may be will update you later.

Concerning your elder daughter, if she is already studying in K1 now, that means you will need to apply for K2 or K3.  As I mentioned in my post, application for gov't aided schools has very minimal difference on what kindergartens you attended.  The allocation results have no meaning, it simply means these kinder accepts more students whose parents are graduate of famous schools, or these children live in that area and has higher chance to be placed in these schools.

Hope this helps you to understand more.

原帖由 wjazzw 於 09-9-24 00:19 發表
Hi, it's my 1st time seeing this post.  I also have a younger daughter going 15 mths... thinking for pre-nursery.  What's your shortlisted options?

I live on HK side, my elder daughter studied in Cre ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 17:15

Hi Fifi,

Thanks for letting me know you are also my fan!  I hope I won't get my wife jealous for having so many fans!  Just kidding!

Actually, my elder daughter is also born in August but her personality is very outgoing.  She usually complains that her classmates cannot talk to her very well and she feels boring.

Do you take your daughter out a lot?  I think it definitely helps for them to feel more comfortable with strangers.  It will certainly help with their performance on interview.

I think Lingnam is a good kindergarten too, will you let her continue to study in their K1?  I think it is good for children that are more active.  Unless if you want to train her to be more self-discipline, then I will suggest you to start looking for kindergartens of those type.

If you worry, I will suggest York in Kowloon Tong.  However, some parents complain they are too commerical and in fact, there are many extra charges for additional courses so you need to consider this point.  However, they focus on English training so if that's what you want, then can consider it.  They accept students after interview on first-come-first-serve basis.  So, it is better to act early!

What is your expectation for your daughter's education?  If you can let me know, may be can help you more on what kindergartens to apply.

Ian

原帖由 fifi8844 於 09-9-24 16:00 發表
Hi Ian
你好, 我都係你fans, 好佩服你, 唔知你可唔可以比D意見我, 我個女係07年8月都算細B, 佢都怕陌生人, 叫佢去東佢就去西, 係麻煩友一名, 所以搵幼稚園都好頭痛, 想問下有無一D好但又比較易入的KG呢?佢宜家讀緊嶺 ...

作者: DDL    時間: 09-9-24 17:18

Fifi 妳好,
我仔仔都係出年讀K1, 我有打算幫佢報嘅其中有嶺南, 唔知妳介唔介意分享下, 妳同個女轉校嘅原因比我做個參考? 麻煩晒妳 ~~~ 唔乖晒 ~~~

P.S. : 或者PM我都可以呀. 謝謝 !

原帖由 fifi8844 於 09-9-24 16:00 發表
Hi Ian
你好, 我都係你fans, 好佩服你, 唔知你可唔可以比D意見我, 我個女係07年8月都算細B, 佢都怕陌生人, 叫佢去東佢就去西, 係麻煩友一名, 所以搵幼稚園都好頭痛, 想問下有無一D好但又比較易入的KG呢?佢宜家讀緊嶺 ...

作者: kyliejet    時間: 09-9-24 17:22

Hi Ian,

I also followed your posts since last year when my elder daughter applied kindergarten. Thanks for your advice at that time and she is now studying happily at school. This year is my younger son's turn. Knowing that you are in the same case with me. Will you consider sending your younger one to a whole-day nursery? Since I only have one maid, I think it may be better and safer to let my son stay at school longer. But the academic level of this kind of school will be lower than those in Kowloon Tong and also the chance of getting in HKPS (one of my favor) will be much lesser next year too.

So I am still struggling. How's your plan, still Creative?
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 17:46

Hi kyliejet,

It's nice to hear from you and I am glad to hear that Chloe enjoys her new kindergarten!  It's a very good one so she will definitely enjoys the coming 3 years.

In fact, I am considering full-day pre-nursery for my younger daughter too.  She is very different from her elder sister.  Very active and naughty.  So I hope to send her to full-day pre-nursery to get more training with the teachers' help.  Otherwise, I am afraid she cannot be accepted by her elder sister's kindergarten next year.

I guess will apply for Creative as it is so convenient location-wise, but I will also try other pre-nursery too.  Now is busy shopping for one.  But I feel there are not many good choices around.  May try SPN this time.

HKPS has pre-nursery, why don't you try it this year?  Or you prefer to let him train at a full-day pre-nursery first?  I have heard their program has become much more advance nowadays so he will learn a lot from it.

Ian

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-9-24 17:22 發表
Hi Ian,

I also followed your posts since last year when my elder daughter applied kindergarten. Thanks for your advice at that time and she is now studying happily at school. This year is my younger  ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-24 17:48 編輯 ]
作者: Jw291120    時間: 09-9-24 17:56

Hi Ian

你好, 我都係你fans, 起級佩服你, 唔知你可唔可以比D意見我, 我個仔係07年9月都算細B,覺得他平時較活躍但又有啲怕醜.
心水有:
根德園、宣道、創價、民生、迦南、劍鳴
想佢返学返得開心唔想佢太辛苦但又想佢學到嘢,小学預算會apply私立 or 直資,

pls advice,tks so much
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-24 23:35

Hi Jw291120,

I think your list is quite suitable for your son, but you need to consider if Kentvile's workload may be slightly too much.  If you have read my posts before, may be you know KV is my favorite since I like to prepare my daughter a bit more.

However, more workloads doesn't mean very hard so just apply first and decide later.  Thing to note is small B has slight disadvantage on KV but it is not impossible to be accepted.  I know many KV students which are born even later than September.

Good luck to you and your son!

原帖由 Jw291120 於 09-9-24 17:56 發表
Hi Ian

你好, 我都係你fans, 起級佩服你, 唔知你可唔可以比D意見我, 我個仔係07年9月都算細B,覺得他平時較活躍但又有啲怕醜.
心水有:
根德園、宣道、創價、民生、迦南、劍鳴
想佢返学返得開心唔想佢太辛苦但又想佢 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-25 00:55 編輯 ]
作者: muji    時間: 09-9-25 00:20

Hi Ian, you are very professional~Could u pls give me some suggestion?
My son is quite active & outgoing, he's studying in Learning Habitat now and will apply another K1, my list is quite long coz i didn't make up my mind which kind of primary school i'm looking for. Actually ends up i'll bring him back to Canada before secondary school, but i would like him have a certain standard of Chinese & English too. Another problem is the language, till now he cannot speak very well especially Cantonese, i'm afraid most of the kinder will reject and have to find some for back up.
List of K1:
HKBU Kinder, SC, KV, HKPS, Victoria, York, PC, SPK, Soka, Yau Yit Chuen

Thousand thanks~
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-25 09:58

Hi muji,

I am not sure how well I know all of these kindergartens so let me try my best here:

When you mention Chinese, do you have any preferences on Cantonese or Putonghua?

HKBU: I think this kinder have some good comments from parents and its style is not traditional classroom teaching so I think it may fits your son.

SC: The main focus will be their English skills and less focus on traditional teaching

KV: The main strength is on Chinese and Math so the students are better prepared on these areas especially for application to DSS/ Private primary school.  Also, students are well discipline.

HKPS: It is having a more advance program and the language training is quite good.  But I think their Chinese portion is on Putonghua.  I am not sure if they have Cantonese-English stream.

Victoria: Depends on which campus you choose.  Usually the belief is the Causeway Bay (main) campus is better.  It offers more international program e.g. IB as mentioned by another parents.

York: It also focus on English training and have a lot of programs to train the students to attend external examinations/ certifcations.  Some parents consider it too commercial but education costs anyway.

PC: It's a traditional famous school but need to consider it is more Chinese focus.  It's one-dragon to their primary section so you don't need to worry about applying 3 years later.

SPK: Since yours is a son, I don't recommend SPK since there are no benefits and their kindergarten is relatively relax and easy.  So, doesn't serve your objective.

I have little knowledge on the others two so I think I rather skip.

Hope it helps you.  My suggestion will be to try the first six since they seems to fit your need better.  You may want to go thru the posts on each of them in more details so you may be able to understand more.

原帖由 muji 於 09-9-25 00:20 發表
Hi Ian, you are very professional~Could u pls give me some suggestion?
My son is quite active & outgoing, he's studying in Learning Habitat now and will apply another K1, my list is quite long coz i d ...

作者: kyliejet    時間: 09-9-25 11:10

Hi Ian,

Thanks. I will apply HKPS for my son this year but just curious if one maid can look after two little child at home in the same time so that's the reason I want to apply a whole day nursery for my son. ( Now they are taking care by a maid and grandparent, but grandparent will move out soon.)

If you younger one gets into SPN, I think you must move to HK Island la.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-25 12:18

Hi kyliejet,

Agree that it will be tough for the maid to handle two kids so it's not a bad idea to try the full day nursery.  Especially boy may be more active!

We are planning to move back to HK island anyway.  Since we will let her continue in SHCSPS later so there will be many more years to attend school in that area.  However, the current environment we live is nice and have a park for kids to play, so we hope to let the kids enjoy it a little bit longer.

Ian

原帖由 kyliejet 於 09-9-25 11:10 發表
Hi Ian,

Thanks. I will apply HKPS for my son this year but just curious if one maid can look after two little child at home in the same time so that's the reason I want to apply a whole day nursery f ...

作者: gracekam912    時間: 09-9-25 12:20

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-24 17:46 發表
Hi kyliejet,

It's nice to hear from you and I am glad to hear that Chloe enjoys her new kindergarten!  It's a very good one so she will definitely enjoys the coming 3 years.

In fact, I am considerin ...

Wonder if you are living in "Mount Haven"???
I also apply Creative PN for my daughter....
作者: rwurwu    時間: 09-9-25 12:22

Hi Ian,

It's my first time to read this thread, your information is very useful, especially for 2007 babies, honest thanks!

My boy was born in 0709, we are targeting on SC, KeenMind, HKPS, Soka & PC for K1 of 10/11.  Since my boy can't talk, he just can speak "mama, ball ball, e e, 熱熱, b b .." few words, can't speak his name in Chi/Eng, we are much worry on his upcoming interviews in those KGs. My boy is shy and has to warm up before pointing sth to answer questions in front of strangers, I think it is fine for the "mock" interview, but would be disadv for "real" interview, it made us headache at the moment.

Before reading this thread, I have no idea on the selection of primary school and haven't take consideration for my boy's education path starting from nursery, seems a bit late to start the education plan. Now my boy is attending the PN at not famous nursery school and will choose another KGs in Kln Tong for K1 (if got offers), our target is to choose the KG with very well education level and easy to let my boy to connect with his school life in primary school. Know that there have no selection for the gov' primary school by ourselves, would like to know how we plan for selecting the primary school and what we might do at the moment.

Honest thanks for your reply.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-25 12:41

hi gracekam912,

Oops!  Being spot by my neighbour!  Are you living there too?  I think the environment there is very nice, especially great for kids!

Will apply for my young one since we like the teachers there for pn as my elder one attend it last year.

原帖由 gracekam912 於 09-9-25 12:20 發表

Wonder if you are living in "Mount Haven"???
I also apply Creative PN for my daughter....

作者: gracekam912    時間: 09-9-25 12:57

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-25 12:41 發表
hi gracekam912,

Oops!  Being spot by my neighbour!  Are you living there too?  I think the environment there is very nice, especially great for kids!

Will apply for my young one since we ...

Yes...........our kid can meet sometimes.
作者: fifi8844    時間: 09-9-25 14:46

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-24 17:15 發表
Hi Fifi,

Thanks for letting me know you are also my fan!  I hope I won't get my wife jealous for having so many fans!  Just kidding!

Actually, my elder daughter is also born in August but her person ...

hi Ian

你好, 我個女响屋企勁naughty and active, non-stop talking, 但出到街就唔出聲,驚陌生人, 我叫佢tidy up, 佢always says NO, 所以我都唔知要搵一間咩學校先岩, 而我就覺得要迫先會努力, 所以都偏向多功課及課程深D, 英文都想好D, 又想多D課外活動, 最好唔愁搵唔倒小學及中學, 要求係咪好多呢? thanks for your help.

Fifi
作者: NT-1    時間: 09-9-25 15:02

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-25 12:18 發表
Hi kyliejet,

Agree that it will be tough for the maid to handle two kids so it's not a bad idea to try the full day nursery.  Especially boy may be more active!

We are planning to move back to HK is ...

Hi, kyliejet and iantsang,
We are on the same boat.  I have an elder child studying in K1 with a younger one who is preparing for prenursery school.  My main concern to my May 2008 son is that he prefers to response a english command rather than chinese which i consider an disadvantage for himself during interview.  Whenever i teach him chinese, either he walks away or simply ignoring my instructions.  In fact, he expresses more interest in english than chinese ( maybe because he is taken care by a philipino maid)...My plan is to put him into prenursery school once he reaches 2 but find out that not many nursery schools willing to accept him because : 1) nearly end of the school term, not useful or 2) no vacancy.  He is attending playgroup now but the teaching media is in english.  It couldn't solve my problem.  Any suggestion?

To iantsang,
I haven't make a plan to move to hk island because the housing expense is much too expensive for our family.  It is out of budget ~~~>.<~~~  

Cheers
作者: amanda0630    時間: 09-9-25 16:34

iantsang,

好多謝你的資料,對我們07bb選幼稚園有好大幫助
我想問下去年你囡囡in幼稚園時,有沒有做porfolio呢?

唔該!
作者: esther.cy    時間: 09-9-25 19:06

NT-1, I have the same problem with you which my girl tends to response to English much more than Cantonese. I know it is really a disadvantage for her to attend any K1 interviews. I know only some KG like KCS, St. Cat which do have English interview, for the rest, I really worry about her.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 08:10

Hi rwurwu,

As your first interview will probably happen in just more than ONE MONTH, you will need some efforts to try to increase your son's chance on the coming interview.

But before we start, since your son is born in September, he is NOT eligible for PC this year.  PC only accepts application from Sep 06 to Aug 07's baby.  So you may want to take note of that, and consider to apply for another one.

The situation with small B is a bit difficult on interview so my suggestion now is squeeze as much as both the mother and father's personal time in the coming months, and talk to him.  Please be reminded to use "single language".  On a linguistic point of view, the child needs to develop the sense of constructing a sentence and inserting more than one language will slow down this process.  I am not saying you shouldn't, but you have very little time to speed things up.

While I am saying that, don't feel too much pressure as you train him.  Making him speak better doesn't necessarily give him better chance on his interview.  There're no guarantee.

At the same time, besides training your child, you also need to train yourself.  As interview is not just for the kid, but also for the parents.  Start preparing yourself on more knowledge of some of your preferred kindergartens.  Try to know what they asked the parents in the past, prepare your own answers, and try to get the attention of the interviewers so they are impressed by you.

At the end, whether your son can speak well in the interview is not a big factor.  As I believe, it is not the important part of the interview to be able to answer (and even be correct) questions on interviews.  Parents' response is actually more important.

原帖由 rwurwu 於 09-9-25 12:22 發表
Hi Ian,

It's my first time to read this thread, your information is very useful, especially for 2007 babies, honest thanks!

My boy was born in 0709, we are targeting on SC, KeenMind, HKPS, Soka & PC ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 08:15     標題: My own blog

As suggested by other bk parents, I have decided to create my own blog to share my experience on how to plan for kindergartens and interview strategy.  It's just been built and I have only been able to copy a few posts which I put on bk prevoiusly.

Please be patience with me since it will take me some time to put up things that I know but hopefully it can serve as a comprehensive way to guide you through the process.

Good luck to all 07 parents!

Ian
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 08:31

hi Fifi,

Yes, that's in fact asking for too much!   But that's in everyone's mind and you have the courage to speak it out!

You probably need to prioritize your wish list so you can know better what kindergartens you really should target to.  As I mentionded to other parents, if you really cannot decide, then just apply more first.  You have time to think about, but if you don't act fast, kindergartens like SC and KCS have already closed for application already.  Have you get the application form for SC yet?

On the other hand, I also dunno how to find a kindergarten which can guarantee me to find primary school.  As a result, I focus on one-dragon ones.

Frankly, you all are more luckier than I am.  I remember last year in September, I still have no ideas how difficult this can be.  I depends on my wife's suggestion and we were planning to send out elder daughter to KV.  So it was our target originally.  We also believe that children need to be prepared earlier so not believers of the activity learning approach.

Anyway, my suggestions based on your wish list is you should target HKPS and SC as your target kinder.  As I stated on my another post, you should also apply for some kinder which is similar but easier to be accepted.  And also apply to some more competitive to give you more options.  You can visit my blog to find it since I just have a few ones there.

Good luck and I hope it helps you.

Ian

原帖由 fifi8844 於 09-9-25 14:46 發表

hi Ian

你好, 我個女响屋企勁naughty and active, non-stop talking, 但出到街就唔出聲,驚陌生人, 我叫佢tidy up, 佢always says NO, 所以我都唔知要搵一間咩學校先岩, 而我就覺得要迫先會努力, 所以都偏向多功課 ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 09:06

Hi NT-1,

No need to worry too much since you are applying for pre-nursery now and your son can respond to your requests in English.  At least he has developed the language skills so he can communicate with someone.  There are still plenty of time before kindergarten interview the following year so you can start make up your mind to see what sort of kinder will fits him better (if he remains his preference on English only)

The reality is cruel, while many parents like to train the kids in English and also many of the domestic helpers need to communicate in English, so the kids develop their communication channel through English primarily.

However, majority of interviews happen to be in Cantonese.  I know some kindergartens have interviews in English or Putonghua but there are just a few of them.

My personal experience with my elder daughter was I concentrate on Cantonese ONLY to her.  Of course accompany by daily communications, her ability to express and communicate with others developed in a much faster pace.  However, the draw back is certainly in interviews where English is involved, then she has an absolute disadvantage.  Besides that, similar problem happen when I try to insert English to her, she is very reluctant to respond to me because she is aware that she is lagging behind.  I was worry for a while but I am glad that after she enter kindergarten, she suddenly start to talk to me in English from time to time.  Of course things like storytelling still need to be in Cantonese at the moment but I think she starts to show more interests in it, and able to comprehend.

I hope I am not suggesting something too drastic to your son, but if you really want to increase his exposure with Cantonese, then probably need to at least send him to playgroups in Cantonese.  Kids are easy to blend together and can pick up the language if he must communicate with other kids.  Right now, he doesn't have to use Cantonese since the family will accomodate him.

Please accept my apology if my suggestion is too direct.  Just another opinion to be considered.

Ian

原帖由 NT-1 於 09-9-25 15:02 發表

Hi, kyliejet and iantsang,
We are on the same boat.  I have an elder child studying in K1 with a younger one who is preparing for prenursery school.  My main concern to my May 2008 son is that he pr ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-26 11:09 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 09:08

Hi amanda0630,

No we didn't find it necessary to prepare portfolio for the kindergartens we applied.  And I guess it is the thing I try to avoid doing so we chose a one-dragon kindergarten!  :D

原帖由 amanda0630 於 09-9-25 16:34 發表
iantsang,

好多謝你的資料,對我們07bb選幼稚園有好大幫助
我想問下去年你囡囡in幼稚園時,有沒有做porfolio呢?

唔該!

作者: ML_Ngan    時間: 09-9-26 14:55

I wonder how come some parents keep on asking profolio while applying kindergarten, I never hear any kindergartens request for profolio.  If any kindergarten request for it, please let us know.  Such a small kid, what kind of achievement will be expected before applying kindergarten, or just insert some funny daily infant photos.:

But some famous secondary schools do request for profolios such as P5 & P6 results, competition award etc.
作者: mameyulia    時間: 09-9-26 23:13     標題: 回覆 45# iantsang 的文章

Thanks for sharing this...I'm looking hard to plan for my daughter. Even she's alrdy attended school ths September, I'm still checking out if anything else I hv to do for her...funny.
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 23:38

Hi Liza,

I remember when I was reading through a lot of posts for different kindergartens, the word portfolio may have came accross.  May be it is not the tradtional one, which would like to know more about the children's daily life.

For the P1 application for DSS/ private primary schools, you may also want to put together a portfolio too.  Besides the certificates, photos and such to describe the kids' life are included.  I think at the end it's a way to get to know the children better.  However, it would be a nightmare for the reviewers to go through all of them!

Ian

原帖由 ML_Ngan 於 09-9-26 14:55 發表
I wonder how come some parents keep on asking profolio while applying kindergarten, I never hear any kindergartens request for profolio.  If any kindergarten request for it, please let us know.  Such  ...

作者: jaspachate    時間: 09-9-26 23:42

Dear Ian,

Just read your post and I got a sense that you felt that KV was a kindergarten that was not activity-based.  Well from my knowledge, KV does teach much academic knowledge, but they teach in a way that let children love to learn, which is the way KV becomes popular.  Actually, I am also struggling between activity-based and academic-driven approaches.  I incline to KV because for me it takes the academic-driven approach in a interactive way that makes children love to learn.  Please correct me if I am anything wrong.

Other parents please feel free to comment as well.

Thanks!
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 23:51

Some parents will still arrange to change kindergarten in K2 and K3, so it's never too late!

原帖由 mameyulia 於 09-9-26 23:13 發表
Thanks for sharing this...I'm looking hard to plan for my daughter. Even she's alrdy attended school ths September, I'm still checking out if anything else I hv to do for her...funny.

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-26 23:55

Hi jaspachate,

I guess all the kindergartens would have some sort of activites anyway.  I guess in my mind what I meant by activity-based are those kindergartens which emphasize less on traditional teaching with more focus on knowledge transfer.  So you are right about KV and they are doing a pretty good job on what they wanna achieve.  At a point, I was thinking to let my daughter to study both KV and PC in parallel!  But I gave up the idea since it is just too much.

Ian

原帖由 jaspachate 於 09-9-26 23:42 發表
Dear Ian,

Just read your post and I got a sense that you felt that KV was a kindergarten that was not activity-based.  Well from my knowledge, KV does teach much academic knowledge, but they teach in ...

作者: ML_Ngan    時間: 09-9-27 12:37

Hi Ian,

It is also a nightmare for parents to prepare a portfolio too.  

Definitely, no portfolio is required for kindergarten.  I think only a few famous primary schools requested upon application.

Liza

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-26 23:38 發表
Hi Liza,

I remember when I was reading through a lot of posts for different kindergartens, the word portfolio may have came accross.  May be it is not the tradtional one, which would like to know mor ...

作者: jaspachate    時間: 09-9-27 20:28

In parallel !? One kindergarten in the morning and one in the afternoon!?  Am I wrong!?  I never thought of it before.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-26 23:55 發表
Hi jaspachate,

I guess all the kindergartens would have some sort of activites anyway.  I guess in my mind what I meant by activity-based are those kindergartens which emphasize less on traditional t ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-27 22:03

Yes, you are not wrong.  The idea actually comes from what my friend is doing since both parents are working and they figure it's better to leave the kid at school rather than with the maid.  So, they arrange the kid to attend two sessions of kindergarten.  In a way, treat it like a full-day nursery.  Of course, at the end we didn't do the same.  But it's an interesting idea and their kid has went through the past 2 years with this pattern.

原帖由 jaspachate 於 09-9-27 20:28 發表
In parallel !? One kindergarten in the morning and one in the afternoon!?  Am I wrong!?  I never thought of it before.

作者: lausy    時間: 09-9-28 01:21

Thank you for all sharing & information!

All the best & good luck for interview !
作者: YiuChunMa    時間: 09-9-28 12:27

Hi Ian,

好多謝你的分享同意見, 我覺得好有用啊, 你好有心呀.

唔好意思, 我有小小問題想問下你意見.
我個仔係200612月出世, 佢依家係北蘇浙讀緊k1(細仔), 尚算ok. 佢係屋企好多野講, 但出到去見陌生人就要warm up,性格較慢熱, 喜歡數字同唱歌.

我老公話想幫佢報Kowloon Tong Kinder重讀K1(家住旺⻆),打算中有:KV, PC, Soka & 禮賢. 原因係蘇浙d課程overall來講都幾深, 怕仔仔上到k2, k3曾跟唔上.

現請問下:
(1)如重讀做大仔會否好d?
(2)我己知你點睇KV& PC, 咁請問下你又點睇Soka &禮賢呢?
(3)我同老公都想仔仔有好d 紀律, 肯學習之餘又可以開心. 請問你覺得邊間會較適合佢呢?
(4)抑或如果真係讀唔, 到時係蘇浙重讀K1好呢?
多謝晒你幫忙

作者: rwurwu    時間: 09-9-28 12:44

Ian, thanks for your meaningful suggestions!! After attended some interviews last week, we believe parent's interview skill is quite important and one of the success key. We understood that my boy will make conflict on language if we put another to him at the moment, it brings disadv for him as he still can't speak, so we just communicate with him by cantonese as long as his nanny also be, hope he can be more easier to talk with and willing to talk with confident. Now we just stuggling on which kind of KG fits my boy, my boy is shy and passive, my fren told me he is not suit for HKPS as its quite dynamic, but it obtains higher opportunity for entry some famous primary school. My boy is now studying in one KG which emphasized the language instead of activities, we are worrying how we choose the right one if we got offers from KGs in Kln Tong for K1 or stick with current one till K3. Either to choose common KG which fits him & obtain certain educational level or famous KG for smooth plan on famous/one-dragon primary school.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-26 08:10 發表
Hi rwurwu,

As your first interview will probably happen in just more than ONE MONTH, you will need some efforts to try to increase your son's chance on the coming interview.

But before we start, sin ...

[ 本帖最後由 rwurwu 於 09-9-28 12:50 編輯 ]
作者: RUVSY    時間: 09-9-28 16:57

你好, 有些問題想請教, 小兒是07細b, 本人最想小兒學好英文, 現讀朗思Think n1(在家樓下), 但這間很少人提及, 請問如果想考私/直資小學, 讀朗思ok嗎, 還是讀kv/km/york/學之園/迦南比較好呢?

但又想撰一條龍學校, 除了培正, 民生, 請問禮賢,培道, 聖三一, 崇真好嗎?

但又想讀英華小學和男拔, 應怎樣鋪路好呢, 現在還未有定案, 請指教, 謝謝!
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 00:58     標題: (Part III) 資助小學附屬幼稚園

本帖最後由 iantsang 於 12-5-10 11:22 編輯

Below please find some of the popular choices of kindergarten which has related primary under government subsidy:

(Hong Kong Island side)
Precious Blood Kindergarten寶血幼稚園
St. Joseph’s College Kindergarten聖若瑟幼稚園
St. Stephen Girls’ College Kindergarten聖士提反女子中學附屬幼稚園

(Kowloon side)
Heep Yunn School Private Kindergarten協恩中學附屬幼稚園
Immaculate Heart of Mary Kindergarten 聖母無玷聖心幼稚園
St. Rose of Lima’s Kindergarten聖羅撒幼稚園

In part I, I have already explained that the primary school allocation system in Hong Kong.  Although these kindergartens are under the same name of many famous primary and secondary schools, their students are not guarantee of admission to the related primary schools.  The reason is because those primary schools are government subsidized, so they have very little freedom to choose students.  Examples of the students admitted to these primary schools are (1) brothers or sisters currently studying there or graduates; (2) parents are graduates or working there; (3) same religious group; (4) living in that area and get randomly allocated, etc.

If there are vacancies left AFTER the allocation by the Education Bureau (e.g. students allocated didn’t register), then the primary schools can decide who they want to fill in these vacancies.  At this point, as their kindergarten students will play a bigger role and hopefully got recommended by the kindergarten principal to be promoted to the primary section.

Undoubtedly, I am sure there are always some vacancies so some of the own kindergarten students can be accepted.  However, the key here is there are no guarantees, so parents planning to apply to these kindergartens must note such uncertainty.  Of course, it will depend on what the approach the parents choose to take for the primary school plan.  For example, if a kindergarten is providing education which agree with the parents’ expectation, and yet can provide some extra options later on with a bigger chance to be accepted to the primary school, then it will become a pretty good choice.  On the contrary, if parents applying to these kindergartens with the assumption that they don’t need to plan for other primary schools, then it will become a risky move.

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 10-5-21 16:54 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 01:39     標題: (Part IV) 直屬/聯繫學校最遲於2012年5月31日決定是否結龍

本帖最後由 iantsang 於 12-5-10 11:22 編輯

直屬/聯繫學校決定是否結龍的時序及有關安排如下:

學校最遲於2012年5月31日決定是否結龍:

(1) 不結龍 - 至2018/19學年為止,學校仍可採用直屬/聯繫學校的升中安排,收取中一學生(即最後一批循直屬/聯繫學校升中安排的學生將在2018年9月升讀中一);由2019年9月升讀中一的學生開始,將按非直屬/聯繫學校的中學學位分配辦法,獲分配中一學位

(2) 結龍 - (i) 最遲在2013/14學年由小一年級開始實行「一條龍」辦學模式;  (ii) 學校結龍前所收取的小一學生,將繼續按直屬/聯繫學校的升中安排升讀中一(例如:學校在2013/14學年由小一年級開始結龍,該校最後一批循直屬/聯繫學校升中安排的學生將在2018年9月升讀中一);由2019年9月升讀中一的學生開始,將按「一條龍」學校的升中安排,獲分配中一學位

This arrangement will affect 2007 babies the most and I have not read any related posts in bk so far, so I think I must reveal this so parents can make earlier plan.  Also, any 2006 babies' parents if they are considering repeat K1, please also read this post and consider the effects to your children' school plan.

最後一批循直屬/聯繫學校升中安排的學生將在2018年9月升讀中一
That means these children enter primary school in 2012, whom enter kindergarten in 2009 (Year 2006 born babies)

In the current 升中安排, a lot of the government or government subsidized schools are linked with a relationship as 直屬/聯繫.

「直屬和聯繫中學經扣除自行分配學位及重讀生學位後,可分別為其直屬和聯繫小學的學生保留最多85%和25%的學位作統一派位之用。」

「直屬/聯繫小學學生如屬學校網內第一及第二派位組別,而在所屬學校網的學校選擇內,又以其直屬/聯繫中學為首選學校,便有資格獲派保留學位 ......」

With the only exception of St. Mary's Canossian College, all of the other non-DSS popular schools are not one-dragon.  As a result, the schools will have to make the decision whether to become one-dragon.  As parents, we won't have much updates at this point since there are still plenty of time before they have to make a decision.

For example like Pui Ching, their primary section is private and their secondary section is currently government subsidized.  They have confirmed in parents' meeting that they will change their secondary section to DSS.  Since their secondary section change to DSS, so they are not bound by the above arrangement since DSS can manage their own policy.  The pros to the parents are their children will have a safer path from kindergarten, primary to secondary.  However, the cons is they will have to pay tuition fees all the way.

Source: 修訂後的中學學位分配辦法 http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/TC/Content_185/embc06003c.pdf

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 01:49 編輯 ]
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 04:25

HI YiuChunMa,

First of all, I suggest you to review the (Part IV) which I have posted recently and that may affect your decision to repeat K1.

I guess as a 0612 bb, especially for a boy, I think PC is a good one to try.  Also, KV will be a good option too based on your expectation from kindergarten, however, it's syllabus is not too easy.

Personally I don't think soka will fit what you want and I have no knowledge on Rhenish even though I know it is also quite popular.

By the way, as you didn't specified, I assume your son is studying KCS's local stream, right?  Since I think the international stream won't be too difficult to handle.

With the consideration of what I mentioned in my new Part IV, I don't suggest to repeat K1 with the bad timing.  However, PC will be an exception since it won't be affected.  The new school year has just started so give your son some time to adjust.  Of course, parents help and support are always useful for them during the transition.  Of course, for safety reason, you may apply for some kinder first and decide later.

Ian

原帖由 YiuChunMa 於 09-9-28 12:27 發表
Hi Ian,

好多謝你的分享同意見, 我覺得好有用啊, 你好有心呀.

唔好意思, 我有小小問題想問下你意見.
我個仔係2006年12月出世, 佢依家係北⻆蘇浙讀緊k1(細仔), 尚算ok. 佢係屋企好多野講, 但出到去見陌 ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 04:34

Hi RUVSY,

I don't hear about Think much but at least I haven't heard much bad comments of it.  If you want your son to learn good English, then probably should consider St. Cat's or York, which both emphasize on English.

In the list of kindergartens, only PC is one-dragon, and Pooi To will be one-dragon for boys through primary school only.  It's secondary section is girls-only.

Sorry but since both of my daughers are girls, I never study what kindergartens are good prepartion for Ying Wa and DBS.  May be if I have time later then I will find it out.

原帖由 RUVSY 於 09-9-28 16:57 發表
你好, 有些問題想請教, 小兒是07細b, 本人最想小兒學好英文, 現讀朗思Think n1(在家樓下), 但這間很少人提及, 請問如果想考私/直資小學, 讀朗思ok嗎, 還是讀kv/km/york/學之園/迦南比較好呢?

但又想撰一條龍學校,  ...

作者: wing15    時間: 09-9-29 09:40

Ian,

I'm Yeeki's Mami, haha...
It's glad to see you again in BK, as I need to serach info. for Himhim and another little boy, I'm active again in BK, just link to your blog and see anyting updated. HIghly appreciated your work here!
Long time no see Chui Yi, she is fine, right? Hope she can find lots of playmates in new environment.
Regards,
YeeKi's Mami
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 09:59

Good morning Yeeki's mami,

It's good to hear from you.  I brought Chiu Yin to the park a few times last weekend but couldn't meet with Yeeki.  We went to have dinner with the family so couldn't join the mid-autumn festival's party last Sat.  Did Yeeki and himhim joined the party?  By the time we reached home, it was almost 10pm and we did play there for a while.

I think you need to start to get more rest as the new baby should be due soon, right?  So it's a good time to start searching for him him and the little one.  Would they consider following Yeeki in the same school?  

Chiu Yin's daddy

原帖由 wing15 於 09-9-29 09:40 發表
Ian,

I'm Yeeki's Mami, haha...
It's glad to see you again in BK, as I need to serach info. for Himhim and another little boy, I'm active again in BK, just link to your blog and see anyting updated. H ...

作者: YiuChunMa    時間: 09-9-29 11:47

Million thanks to superman Ian. I saw your reply time was at 4am!!!!
I really really appreaciated your deailed information and valuable recommendations.
Thanks again superman.
要休息多d唔好挨壞身體呀

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 04:25 發表
HI YiuChunMa,

First of all, I suggest you to review the (Part IV) which I have posted recently and that may affect your decision to repeat K1.

I guess as a 0612 bb, especially for a boy, I think PC  ...

作者: bakusensei    時間: 09-9-29 12:29

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 01:39 發表
直屬/聯繫學校決定是否結龍的時序及有關安排如下:

學校最遲於2012年5月31日決定是否結龍:

(1) 不結龍 - 至2018/19學年為止,學校仍可採用直屬/聯繫學校的升中安排,收取中一學生(即最後一批循直屬/聯繫學校升中安排的學 ...

iantsang,

million thanks for your kindness to organize and explain this in details to parents here. your hard work and kindness is deeply appreciated. :)

given the new language policy (微調), i believe that most "grant schools" will not have such a strong reservation  to 結龍  as before (still remember the 脫龍 incident of St. Mark?).  u may be interested in the Mingpao news in Feb "毋懼落車 英中積極考慮結龍 微調方案打破二分法 不怕成績受累轉中中" ([url]http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/090204/4/aisv.html[/url])

this should be a gd news to parents of 07 babies (and also 06 big boys/girls, as u cleverly pointed out) as the choices of "through-train" should be more :)

this indeed is a v. important news. once again, thank you very much :)
作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 12:43

Thanks for the care, YiuChunMa!  Lately is very busy but as started the posts so need to make sure I have given the basic information for you all to consider.

Hope to share more with the parents but I really need to clean up my outstanding works first!

Ian

原帖由 YiuChunMa 於 09-9-29 11:47 發表
Million thanks to superman Ian. I saw your reply time was at 4am!!!!
I really really appreaciated your deailed information and valuable recommendations.
Thanks again superman.
要休息多d唔 ...

作者: Kpang    時間: 09-9-29 12:49

Hi Ian,

Thank you for the detailed information given.  Your hardwork is really appreciated.  

May I know which primary school is related to
Hong Kong Ling Liang Church Kindergarten香港靈糧堂幼稚園 (Causeway Bay)?  I have already submitted application to this school for my younger son due to its reputation but not known any related primary school with the school.  Many thanks.

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 00:58 發表
Below please find some of the popular choices of kindergarten which has related primary under government subsidy:

(Hong Kong Island side)
Hong Kong Ling Liang Church Kindergarten香港靈糧堂幼稚園
Prec ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 12:58

Hi bakusensei,

You are welcome and I also think it can be good news to see more one-dragon relationship.  Although the costs of such relationship is the primary school will likely be more pushy to ensure students remain in the top 40% so they can remain all classes in English.

Even though there won't be clear definition as EMI and CMI anymore, all the EMI will still fight to keep all classes in English to maintain their status.  So how it ends up we will need to wait longer to see the consequences.

The MAIN POINT I would like to point out, is that (as my friend quoted "monster" school relationship) there are many private primary + gov't aided secondary relationship in Hong Kong.  For these cases, then the school officals will need to make a decision.  As the example I stated in Pui Ching, they will make the move from gov't aided to DSS.  However, not all schools would want to move from gov't aided to DSS (sorry but the details I am not convenient to disclose).  So, the main concern is the uncertainty, but surely some schools may act ahead of schedule so there could be good news too for babies before 2007.

Most importantly, must note that famous secondary schools will always have high demand so it is not necessary for them to join the primary section to ensure quality.  They will be better off without the one-dragon and select high quality students from all applications.  Of course, the trade off is they need to start to educate them with the school values again.  So, this is a decision that will be made differently by different schools, and affect our children.

Ian

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-9-29 12:29 發表

iantsang,

million thanks for your kindness to organize and explain this in details to parents here. your hard work and kindness is deeply appreciated. :)

given the new language policy (微調), i b ...

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 13:06

Sorry kpang,

It's my copy mistake from one list to another and accidentally included Ling Liang Church in this list.

Thanks for mentioning it and I will make update on the list.  Thanks!

Anyhow, it's a good kindergarten so it worth your consideration!

Ian

原帖由 Kpang 於 09-9-29 12:49 發表
Hi Ian,

Thank you for the detailed information given.  Your hardwork is really appreciated.  

May I know which primary school is related to
Hong Kong Ling Liang Church Kindergarten香港靈糧堂幼稚園  ...

作者: bakusensei    時間: 09-9-29 14:05

原帖由 iantsang 於 09-9-29 12:58 發表
Most importantly, must note that famous secondary schools will always have high demand so it is not necessary for them to join the primary section to ensure quality.  They will be better off without the one-dragon and select high quality students from all applications.  Of course, the trade off is they need to start to educate them with the school values again.  So, this is a decision that will be made differently by different schools, and affect our children

ian,

concur w/ you. my husband is teaching in one of the grant schools w/o "one-dragon" primary school and the school still (at least) maintains accepting kids of band 1 (100%).

apart from "violation" of the original "辦學理念", financial situation of the parents is also a consideration in whether to change to DSS.  In addition, unlike subsided schools, DSS needs to take care of some "additional" charges, like 斜坡 examination and maintainence fee.

作者: iantsang    時間: 09-9-29 14:13

hi bakusensai,

the reason you mentioned prevents many gov't aided schools to turn to DSS!  Especially those in HK islands, where the annual maintenance fees are hugh!

Of course, at least I know some of the Catholic schools I am in touch will also concern about the parents financial concerns and won't want to change to DSS, even though they know they can be more selective to students.  I think this explains different schools will have very different philosophy which parents should consider other than simply based on academic results.

原帖由 bakusensei 於 09-9-29 14:05 發表

ian,

concur w/ you. my husband is teaching in one of the grant schools w/o "one-dragon" primary school and the school still (at least) maintains accepting kids of band 1 (100%).

apart from "viola ...

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5