發新帖
樓主: DaisyWong
go

BB聽力測試 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-5-8 17:15 |顯示全部帖子

Re: BB聽力測試

Dear Daisy, loveyanpig, modoip, 稚言治語, Shiba-Inu and Nail,

Happy to find this forum, my child has almost the same case and I have questions to ask, hope that you can help me to carify.

Let me explained the case of my son first.  He got tested in QE twice and both failed on left ear when he was born in March and QE refer my child to ENT to re-test.

On May 3, he got tested and the result is disappointed.  The report stated that:
My child has failed automated auditory brainstem response (AABR) hearing screening at QE.  The test result in ENT: Evoked Response Audiometry using click stimulus showed responses at 15dBnHL in the right ear and 85dBnHL in the left ear.  The result were consistent with normal hearing in the right ear and severe grade deafness in the left ear, mainly at 2-4 kHz frequency region.

As stated by Shiba-Inu, the testing sequence should be OAE -> ABR -> VRA.  But my child had different testing experience with AABR and ERA that make me confuse.

The audiologist stated that my child may need not to use 助聽器.  And audiologist referred us to see doctor at ENT in June.  I am very worried about this.

Please help.

2#
發表於 05-5-9 01:29 |顯示全部帖子

First of all, thanks to st213 and Shiba-Inu.

Shiba-Inu,

Evoked Response Audiometry using click stimulus showed responses 85dBnHL in the left ear. The result were consistent severe grade deafness in the left ear, mainly at 2-4 kHz frequency region.

I want to know for normal hearing, does it fall in 2-4 kHz and what means by 85dBnHL?

Chr336

3#
發表於 05-5-9 02:08 |顯示全部帖子

稚言治語 & Shiba-Inu,

其實,我的大仔(三歲)有自閉傾向,細仔(二個月)左耳有問題,簡直令我不知如何是好.都唔知細仔會唔會有自閉問題,如果早知大仔的問題,我就唔生第二個.

我都想要教家長如何訓練小朋友語言的資料, 我pm email address 比你.

社工現在幫我排緊早期訓練中心及兼收位幼兒園,但話要等一年. 佢叫我9月照返普通幼稚園(因已有學校收咗).

稚言治語 寫道:
Shiba-Inu:
Hi!

Chr336 has written in the other topic that her child is found to have autistic features.  I don't know if she means two different children or the same one.  If it happens to be the same child, how likely do you think the hearing problem leads to the autistic features?  (Or, we can wait till she replies.)

By the way, provided that the child is going to have problem is discriminating speech sound in noise as well as sound localization, is the HKSAR government gonna to issue his a hearing aid?

Thanks.

click here

4#
發表於 05-5-11 01:46 |顯示全部帖子

"如成因是sensory/neural問題, 是否通常兩耳都有問題的呢?"
--- Yes, as compared to conductive hearing loss (problem of outer or middle ear), we see more symmetrical pattern in sensorineural hearing loss. Of course there are exception, like chr336's baby.

Actually, I still don't know what's the problem of my baby's left ear.  My baby will see the doctor in June, hope that the reason will be known (inner, middle or outer of the ear).

5#
發表於 05-5-11 01:55 |顯示全部帖子

稚言治語,

Thanks, I've received the document.  It is very useful.

Chr336.

6#
發表於 05-5-14 23:20 |顯示全部帖子

稚言治語, Shiba-Inu,

I want to ask one question, someone told me that if got only one ear can hear, the normal may got deaf later as too much workload for the normal one.  It will happen or not?  I am afraid that my little boy as he got one good ear and the other bad.

Chr336

7#
發表於 05-7-19 18:12 |顯示全部帖子

稚言治語,

My son has just went to Waterloo to see the doctor, the doctor said that we can't do anything as my child is only 4 mths old.  He then made another appointment (Jan 2006).  He said that my son may only has the left ear has problem and the right ear is normal.  He also claimed that there are many child like my son, is it right?  But I really worry about my son.  Sometimes, when I clapped hands on his right, he had no response at all, why?

Chr336
‹ 上一主題|下一主題