用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單 ...
樓主: iantsang
go

全新2013-14一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單     [複製鏈接]

581#
發表於 12-3-21 11:52 |只看該作者
very useful!!thanks for sharing

點評

iantsang  u'r welcome!  發表於 12-3-24 22:04

582#
發表於 12-3-24 01:36 |只看該作者
Hello Ian,
I got many useful information from your blog. I worried so much to choose a right PN for my son ( actually he 's just one year old), may be I thought too much. From your blog I knew the one dragon, so I wanted to prepare better. In the primary schools, I prefer 英華,陳守仁 . So which kindergartens you would prefer? And I lived in Shatin. Is it useful to take PN in KLN Tong to ensure the K1 offer? Actually I prefer he studies PN at the downstairs of my home,( 啟思) is it good enough to competite to join K1 in KV, St. cat, HKPS, etc.
Many many  thanks, since I know nothing about this, please give me some instructions / comment!

Hoswallowman
(a stressful mom)

醒目開學勳章

583#
發表於 12-3-24 22:04 |只看該作者
hoswallowman 發表於 12-3-24 01:36
Hello Ian,
I got many useful information from your blog. I worried so much to choose a right PN for  ...
Hi Hoswallowman,

I hope it is not because reading my information that caused you to be worried!

Concerning your questions, personally I support attending pn nearby and it shouldn't affect your chances to apply for KV.  However, you need to be aware both HKPS and St. Cat have their own PN so certainly those students would have been preferred.  Somehow, many kindergartens have extended their acceptance to earlier years.

For the primary schools you stated as example, students can be from everywhere so don't be biased.

Good luck!

Ian

584#
發表於 12-3-25 15:25 |只看該作者
Thanks of your replied. Your information let my mind clearly. I'm happy to be your fans!

585#
發表於 12-3-26 11:34 |只看該作者
Hello Ian,

My daughter has two offers (Our Lady and St. Nicolas.) for K1 only. My target is 宣道primary school. Do you think I should choose Our Lady to have back up?

醒目開學勳章

586#
發表於 12-3-27 02:02 |只看該作者
summother 發表於 12-3-26 11:34
Hello Ian,

My daughter has two offers (Our Lady and St. Nicolas.) for K1 only. My target is 宣道pr ...
Hi summother,

You got me thinking for a while since Our Lady's and St. Nicolas are very different kindergartens.  Just put aside whether Our Lady's could provide any backups (as it is no longer a strong backup as more and more applicants for their primary school lately), what would like your daughter to gain thru kindergarten years?

Obviously St. Nicolas would provide a good environment for English language training but it wouldn't be the key element of preparation for Alliance Primary School.  Our Lady's would be a more happy learning environment with vouchers, a Catholic environment while Alliance is Christian......

Ian

587#
發表於 12-3-27 10:07 |只看該作者
回復 iantsang 的帖子

Thanks for your reply.

Frankly speaking, it is not easy to choose OL or St. Nicolas since they are not my cup of tea too. But my daughter was shy during most of the interview.

In my view of both KG.
OL - Her moral is better and has primary school as back up.
St Nicolas - better English environment but nothing else special.

She is studying in Eng-Pth nursery class now. She can speak complete sentences in English and Cantonese. If I choose OL, I will let her to study Eng & Mandarin outside once/twice per week. Do you think its enough to prepare to apply Alliance Primary School?

I have another idea. I can apply other dragon school next year if my daughter (Sep 2009 BB) can fulfill the requirement. But it's more competition since more and more birth rate. Do you think I should try it?

醒目開學勳章

588#
發表於 12-3-27 20:21 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 iantsang 於 12-3-27 20:21 編輯

回復 summother 的帖子

Hi Summother,

If that's the case, then I guess I would rather suggest you to consider Our Lady's.  The additional courses to enroll should be considered sufficient.

Which month is your daughter born?  It is always an option to try again next year but it would be a better idea to enroll in K1 this year.  I have stated the reasons and some further discussions here:

http://www.facebook.com/iantsang.ek/posts/302346229831357

Ian

589#
發表於 12-3-29 10:00 |只看該作者
回復 iantsang 的帖子

My daughter was born on Sep 2009.
I read your link. Do you mean those primary schools have 直屬/聯繫 secondary school will cancel this system if children study K1 next year?

590#
發表於 12-3-29 17:04 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 October 於 12-3-29 17:10 編輯

iantsang,

你好, 我細仔其實只有9個多月大, 但因經過大囡的經歷, 我想為細仔找一所由N1/K1到中學也能容易接上的學校, 可以是直屬, 也可以是聯係, 最好不用全程花錢, 有沒有好提議, 我知有些未必是100%全收, 但百分比高也可以考慮.

我住沙田, 香港島不會考慮.

是不是很高要求??

希望伙指教.  謝謝.

醒目開學勳章

591#
發表於 12-3-30 10:49 |只看該作者
summother 發表於 12-3-29 10:00
回復 iantsang 的帖子

My daughter was born on Sep 2009.
It is still too soon to tell honestly.  They have been PROPOSED to cancel but whether it will eventually proceed, no ones would know for sure (as they postponed once last time).  I believe by first half of next year there will be a clearer picture.  Hope it won't be cancelled.

592#
發表於 12-3-30 11:18 |只看該作者
回復 iantsang 的帖子

Thanks a lot!

醒目開學勳章

593#
發表於 12-3-30 16:32 |只看該作者
October 發表於 12-3-29 17:04
iantsang,

你好, 我細仔其實只有9個多月大, 但因經過大囡的經歷, 我想為細仔找一所由N1/K1到中學也能容易 ...
As I have reminded parents through various channels, the current system of 直屬 and 聯繫 will only be still effective for students entering P1 in 2015.  Whether such system will still be valid for few more years or will there be any changes, I really have no information now.

Since your child is still young, my suggestion is to wait until early next year to see the next updates.  Good luck!

Ian

594#
發表於 12-3-30 17:43 |只看該作者
回復 iantsang 的帖子

Thanks so much.

醒目開學勳章

595#
發表於 12-4-13 18:46 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 iantsang 於 12-4-13 20:55 編輯

全新一條龍幼稚園->小學->中學名單製作中!

點評

manmanchubb  hello~ ian, The link can't be display,Thx  發表於 12-4-15 15:24

596#
發表於 12-4-25 10:56 |只看該作者
Dear Ian Sir,

I read your various threads and know you are really an expert in kindergartens and primary schools!  I note that you have 2 daughters and are very knowledgeable especially in girls' schools. You are really a delicated father.

We have a girl now studying in spc. We like the school v much - happy school, good discipline, not much homework, the standard of tests and exams are manageable, and after all, one dragon (from K3 to P1, ~85%) with good name. Especially when my girl is only a slightly above average student, and we don't tend to push her, it is really good to be in spc.

However, there seems not much choice for boys. My boy is v different from my girl. He has good memories, likes to learn, disciplined, but he is physically weaker than others (also a 2008 summer B). He now studies in a nearby Creative K1 but it seems to us that he is the type of student who is willing to be 'pushed' and capable for more.

I wonder what your views are on changing to another K2, and your recommendations. How I wish there could be a boys' school like spc!

597#
發表於 12-4-25 11:42 |只看該作者
Dear Ian Sir

I have read lots of your post on BK and you have given your very valuable advices to all BK parents. Just want to ask your advice on my daugther's K1.

My daughter was born in Jan 2009. She has good memories and is a fast learner. She likes English very much and she can speak whole sentence in English. She can even read several hundred of english words. She likes reading as well. But next step, i want to teach her more on chinese coz i think chinese is getting more important. Also, i want her to become more confidence after attending K1.

She will attend K1 in the coming Sep and now she got two offer, St. Catherine (English/Cantonese am class) and Munsang (english/cantonese am class). If i choose st Catherine, i am afriad that she can't get a good P1 school offer coz we do not have advantages in the first round government allocation (only 15 marks). But if i choose MS, i can't join the central government luck draw. I still want to see whether she can get P1 offer which is better than MS primary school.

I understand that if i choose st. catherine, i will prepare to provide her lots of extra activities in order to help her to get a good private school offer.

I am planning to let her to go to tranditional primary school. Ian, what is your opinion?

醒目開學勳章

598#
發表於 12-4-26 13:10 |只看該作者
wittymom 發表於 12-4-25 10:56
Dear Ian Sir,

I read your various threads and know you are really an expert in kindergartens and pr ...
Hi wittymom,

Thanks for the compliment but really I am just a regular parent like yourself and everyone else.

Concerning your son's case, if purely based on your description, I would consider Creative a mis-match for him (and probably SPC couldn't do the job like for your daughter).  Sometimes as parents we made a subjective decision of whether we intend to push them or not.  But from a child's point of view, it is how we help them to develop their potential and in fact, some kids would enjoy the "push" as they can realize their potential and gain satisfaction and confidence through the process.  Do you think your son is this type?  It will be difficult for me to make such recommendation under this circumstances, but my intention is to share if there are other options available for him.

I would suggest you to try to look for a slightly more demanding curriculum for him in K2.  Bare in mind as Creative's style is more inspiration hence less courseworks requirement, you will need to pay attention to the transition too.  My immediate advice is to utilize some outside classes to observe and understand his need before you make the call for the change of kindergarten.  If he is indeed the type who like (and need) the push, then you can find out with less risk initially.

Hope this help you, good luck!

Ian

599#
發表於 12-4-26 17:08 |只看該作者
Thank you, Ian Sir,

You are truly an experiecnced parent and expert as you really understand my situation. What you said truly describe my observation of my son.

He is the type of kid that brings books to us to read, likes doing homework and answers questions with some thinking beforehand. While we do not tend to push our kids, like what you said, we should 'help them to develop their potential and realize their potential and gain satisfaction and confidence through the process.'

I intend to try applying for K2 in Raimondi (new), Kau Yan, St. Paul's Church, Pui Ching, Man Sung, Sheng Kung Hui, in the coming year. What do you think?

For outside classes, I wld apply for some English and Maths classes in summer. Any recommendations?

醒目開學勳章

600#
發表於 12-5-4 14:04 |只看該作者
littlecheuk 發表於 12-4-25 11:42
Dear Ian Sir

I have read lots of your post on BK and you have given your very valuable advices to a ...
Hi littlecheuk,

I am sorry but for the past couple times that I was trying to reply your message, something pops up and I was not able to reply you.

First of all, let me assume I understand you correctly that by "traditional schools" you mean "gov't aided traditional schools", right?  If that's the case, neither St. Cat nor Munsang could help you much on increasing the chance since it is pretty much rely on the points you have or the area you live.  At the end, luck will be a key factor too.

If the above is true, then you have to go for St. Cat. to keep your options open.  I have trust in your daughter that she would have the potential to do well in the P1 interview and can find other traditional private schools.  To be honest, if you are satisfy with Munsang already, you wouldn't have this concern to ask me.  So isn't yourself answered your question already?

Good luck to you!

Ian
‹ 上一主題|下一主題