教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 BB聽力測試
樓主: DaisyWong
go

BB聽力測試 [複製鏈接]

341#
發表於 05-8-30 14:13 |只看該作者

Re: BB聽力測試

Hi,ABB,

我女女做ABR時四個月大囉; 結果係左右耳都有輕度弱聽; 因為做測試時有爸爸抱住, 又食完奶, 所以瞓得好好, 完全不需要sedation....

講時講, 你BB可能只係超級"懶瞓猪"一名呢!瞓覺瞓得num其實都係一種福氣---因為好矛盾嘅係:我女女現需然只有七個月大兼有少許弱聽, 但佢嘅感覺靈敏到每日下午唔會瞓多過一小時, 因一有少少門聲或電話聲就一定醒...所以成日瞓得唔飽, 有時仲有黑眼圈ga, 陰公!!!(好似係我尼個無良媽媽要迫佢捱夜咪書咁!) :cry:.....  

唔好太担心住, 放鬆D la, 香港人!

Katmami

342#
發表於 05-8-31 01:15 |只看該作者

Katmami,

唔該哂!您BB現在多大?一切ok嗎?

希望9/1test時順利吧?到ABR對BB有沒有不好影響?例如frequency干擾......

343#
發表於 05-8-31 01:59 |只看該作者

katmami:
可否給"唯聽"的資料我? e.g. 地址、電話、收費、最重要哪個醫生好? Thank you!

344#
發表於 05-8-31 05:41 |只看該作者

Oops... Not logging in for 1 week makes a huge difference!

Can I make an announcement here : I will have my baby soon (Expected due date is early Oct)! Since it's now only 4 weeks to go, I may just "disappear" for a while anytime....       And hope that I have enough energy to "reappear" pretty soon!
;-) How is your baby's hearing? Ask an audiologist! ;-)

345#
發表於 05-8-31 05:46 |只看該作者

MarchK,

Yeah, I 100% encourage u to enroll in "聾福"o既函授課程. As far as I remember, it is a course offered by a clinic in US with good reputation in helping hearing impaired kids.

346#
發表於 05-8-31 05:53 |只看該作者

Daisy,

“另外一問, 以子喬嘅情況, 如果去做人工耳蝸手術, 唔計$嘅issue, 其实做一隻定兩隻耳仔先好呢 ?”

U asked a million dollar question! For hearing aids, we definitely know that two is better than one if the hearing loss asks for two. However, for CI, although the common sense is still favoring two, there is no large-scale study data to back up this idea yet (well, one such study is moving on now, but no official data until the next 1-2 years!). That’s why govt or insurance companies will usually pay for only one. Also there are voices arguing that the benefit comes with two CI may not worth the cost.
One alternative is, keep the hearing aid on one side after having CI on the other, although the sounds are of different nature (one is acoustic, one is electrical), people seems to be able to make use of them pretty well together.

347#
發表於 05-8-31 05:56 |只看該作者

Kwok,

I agree with reginang, don’t   too early, u are definitely trying your best to help your girl already!

Does your girl have hearing loss only on the right side, or both ears with more severe loss on right side? For the former, it’s called unilateral hearing loss and she can still hear most of the daily conversation using her left ear. She does not need a hearing aid for the time being. However, there are daily strategies that help (I posted it previously, if u can’t find it, I will post again) For the latter, the strategies of helping her depends on the different degree of hearing loss in left and right.

ENT doc, no matter govt or private, cannot do much about hearing loss except in cases like ear infection. Since your girl has the problem since 4 mon old, I don’t think that is the case. However, u may still want them as a 2nd opinion.

If u book 唯聽, it will probably be another hearing test. If u think your girl has had enough hearing tests already (too much and too frequent will make her HATE hearing test and becomes much less cooperative), ask for an ENT referral instead.

348#
發表於 05-8-31 05:58 |只看該作者

Tbo,

Since h/a is some “foreign” things to be put onto the head, some kids really do not like it. Also it depends on how smoothly u can put it on. But relax, sooner or latter she will get use to it.

How old is Sa Sa? If she is a little baby, try to put on mittens on her hands so that she cannot grab the h/a, also u can try taping down the h/a by using surgical tapes. Distract her with as many other events as possible (e.g. colorful toys, bottle) when u put h/a on for her, or once she feels the need to taking it off.

If she is above 2, try to incorporate the wearing of h/a into her morning routine. It’s always a good habit to wear h/a all days long except during sleep/ bath/ swim. So after she wakes up, do the usual brushing, washing face, changing clothes and finally putting on h/a. As Sa Sa is a girl, try to put some hair clips/ ornament at the same time, so that she feels good to put things onto her head.

For both age groups, if she is someone who really does not want anything to be put onto the head, start practicing with a hat/ head band. Do it for yourself as role model too. After she gets used to the idea, then move on to h/a.

Give it a trial!

349#
發表於 05-8-31 06:00 |只看該作者

ABB,

Does your girl have any severe illness during these 2-3 weeks that direct u to worry about her hearing?

Like what Katmami has mentioned, some 2 months old babies can be REALLY sound sleepers and ignore sounds when they are in deep sleep. So your description “沉睡時測試她”, “她食完奶睡著後…” may explain the lack of response.

If u are still worried, u can do the followings:

1. Try the sudden loud sound when she is more alert, or at time when she is kind of sleepy but not falling asleep yet (this is the timing I like most, because u will see clearer response like eye widening). Of course don’t give her any visual/ tactile cues at the same time.

2. Tell MCH your worry and let it repeat the OAE test.

3. In very rare case, babies who have normal OAE can still have hearing loss. So it’s OK to repeat OAE and do the ABR at Phonak, the audiologist should then be able to tell u if that’s the case.

4. There is no research indicating any significant side effect of having ABR test, except if she needs sedation (babies are not recommended to have sedation too frequent)

Good luck!

350#
發表於 05-8-31 09:20 |只看該作者

Hi, Shiba-Inu,

恭喜晒呀! 記住休息多D養胎呀! 祝你有一個健康快樂嘅可愛BB!

Katmami     

351#
發表於 05-8-31 09:24 |只看該作者

Hi, ABB,

我女女七個月大la, 一切安好, 現在開始學講嘢/發聲(唔知係咪我多心呢?我好似聽倒佢叫爸爸媽媽la!!   

Katmami
*祝你BB一切安好!

352#
發表於 05-8-31 09:26 |只看該作者

Hi, Kwok,

你PM你嘅e-mail address 比我吖!

Katmami

353#
發表於 05-8-31 10:27 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu,

我都恭喜你呀! 你唔好太操勞呀,最緊要小心身體! BB真係好, 將會有個好媽媽照顧.    

唔,o係你放"產假"期間,我o地會照顧自己同BB,你安心休養啦!

354#
發表於 05-8-31 14:32 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

恭喜您!!
     Take good care to you and your baby!!

355#
發表於 05-8-31 15:15 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

Congratulations to you!  Take care of yourself and your little baby!

Sa Sa is 10 months now.  She usually wears the h/a for 2 to 3 times a day, each time 15 mins to 30 mins.  I know it is not enough, but both me and my husband have to work.  The maid has to do housework too.  Do you think I should quit my job and just take care of her?

Also, Sa Sa has a 3 yrs old brother, we have to spend time with him too...... My husband also said it is too hot to wear the h/a all the time.  So he suggested that we should let Sa Sa's ear "rest" for a while after 15 to 30 mins of wearing the h/a.  Do you think it is a practise to start?

Also, one of my friend ask me to try 針灸 with her.  Do you think I should let her try it?

Thanks!

356#
發表於 05-8-31 16:00 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu 寫道:
I will have my baby soon (Expected due date is early Oct)!

Hey, what a good news! Congratulations! May God be with you, your coming angel and the whole family!  Do you want me to put this forward to your old classmates?

稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

357#
發表於 05-9-2 00:24 |只看該作者

Dear Shiba-Inu & All,

Congratulations to Shiba-Inu!  There are so many new mothers around me recently.  You are the 3rd one I know who will give birth in Oct.  Do you know if the baby is a boy or girl?  Will you have a longer maternity leave in US (compares to HK)?  Wish everything goes fine on you and your family!!

For my baby girl, we have done the OAE, IA & ABR test at Pronak.  She passes all the test and proved that there should be no functional problem.  

But when we told the audiologist she has no response to very loud sound.  She tested her with a drum.  She made loud sound on the drum behind her and watched the baby facial expression.  Our baby did not sleep but looking at her father when he was holding her.  Even the sound was so loud, she did not have any facial expression but just lookng at her father.  The audiologist said it is kind of special but she can't tell why.  So we are kind of worry there is another problem.  The baby has no severe illness before.....  Do you think it is related to autism since she ignores the loud sound?  But she sometimes will smile at us when we are talking to her,  and she concentrates when we are talking to her.

Anyway, thank you for everyone of you here for answering my doubt.

358#
發表於 05-9-2 00:52 |只看該作者

Hi Shiba-Inu,

恭喜恭喜        

做乜咁神秘呀,咁遲先通知我哋班BK fans呀。

記住多d休息,多d營養,迎接bb嘅來臨。記住post d bb photos上嚟呀!
子喬(兔仔B)

359#
發表於 05-9-2 00:55 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu :
首先恭喜你,祝你有個健康bb!

這是她的測試結果:
Right: (dB)  35___20____30____60____80
Left: (dB)  28___28____25_____5____10
Freq. (Hz)250__500__1000__2000__4000

希望你看得明,她是屬哪一類弱聽 ? 平時可以用什麼幫到她? 有人見意用音义來刺激下佢,可行嗎? 弱聽情況會否變差的嗎?會完全聽不到嗎? 她會否自動用左耳聽嘢,以至不用右耳嗎? 很多問題......      

360#
發表於 05-9-2 01:11 |只看該作者

Hi MarchK,

我哋都報讀咗"聾福"o既函授課程,其實每樣可以幫到bb嘅機會,我哋都應該去試。

子喬的弱聽情況屬於嚴重,我唔記得是否傳導性or神經性,因為嚴重,所以先可以咁早發現,有時我會諗咁早發現,未嘗不是一件好事,因為而家可以趁佢未學講嘢時一步步咁去幫佢,等到返學時先知,可能仲唔知點算。子喬用o左耳機嘅反應好好,我哋平日叫佢,佢都可以即刻聽到,但bb大得好快,耳模好快就唔啱,我哋都約緊下星期去周太做review & check耳模。

子喬(兔仔B)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題