樓主: kawai
go

"Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group " [複製鏈接]

2261#
發表於 07-1-4 23:45 |只看該作者

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

Hi ChanYatChing,

Welcome to our column.  

Sorry for my straight forward writing.  The answers for all your questions could be longer than a book and there's no model answer for each of the questions actually.  It all depends on your girl's developmental problems, health conditions as well as if she can tolerate the supplements and medication.   Did you ask Dr. Ko when you first visited her?

Anyway, you may pm me your phone no. if you want to chat.   

2262#
發表於 07-1-5 17:57 |只看該作者

各位, 有事請教, 我個仔自從開始咗chelation之後, 最初果兩個星期, 真係幾好, 只可惜跟住就有regressions, 好多stims, 尤其係visual, 又返轉頭唔係好'彩'人,又多脾氣, 又有silly laugh, 總之好唔掂... , 估都係yeast...
早3個星期先食完一劑(14日)diflucan, 之後改食nystatin一排, 冇改進, 改食saccharomyces Boulardii, 食咗7日, 都係唔見有改善, 琴日開始改食GRAPEFRUIT SEED EXTRACT, (KIRKMAN - 125MG), 俾佢食咗一次一粒. 個樽就寫每日1至4粒, 但又唔知係唔係成人份量. 我個仔4-1/2 yrs old, 33磅, 請問有冇建議份量幾多?
唔該先...
yy

2263#
發表於 07-1-6 00:08 |只看該作者

ultramom,

I've been using the NutriBiotic GSE liquid.  Here's the supplement facts for your information.   

Nutritional Support for Certain Health Problems. Antibiotic.

Assists in Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Unfiltered Formula. NutriBiotic GSE Liquid Concentrate contains Citricidal. Citricidal is a natural quaternary compound synthesized from the seed and pulp of certified organically grown grapefruit. The process converts the grapefruit bioflavonoids (polyphenolics) into an extremely potent compound that has been proven highly effective in numerous applications. Citricidal is used by healthcare professionals worldwide as nutritional support for individuals with certain health concerns.  

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 10 Drops
Servings per container: 400

Amount Per Serving  % Daily Value  
Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) 100 mg *
*Daily value not established.  

Ingredients: Vegetable glycerine (67%) and Citricidal (33%).

Directions
Adults, mix 5 - 15 drops of NutriBiotic GSE Liquid Concentrate in a glass of water or juice, 1 - 3 times daily. Children, mix 1 - 3 drops in a glass of water or juice, 1 - 2 times daily. Or use as directed by your healthcare professional.

2264#
發表於 07-1-6 12:05 |只看該作者

kawai 寫道:
ultramom,

I've been using the NutriBiotic GSE liquid.

Hi Kawai,
where did you get this NutriBiotic GSE liquid?  Does it have any color?
When you give GSE, do you need to give it separately?  Do you need to keep it a few hours away from probiotics or enzyme?

2265#
發表於 07-1-7 23:47 |只看該作者

ultramom,

I ordered NutriBiotic Liquid online.  It's transparent and very thick.  My son has stopped GSE liquid for a long time and we now use it for washing and cleaning purpose.  I was told probiotics should not be given at the same time or mix together with GSE because it may kill the friendly bacteria like antibiotics.

BTW, I have a few bottles of GSE in stock.  Call me if you want to get one.  

2266#
發表於 07-1-11 23:01 |只看該作者

ultramom,

How's your son now?
Is duflican effective to your son?
Nystatin at first works quite good to my son's yeast problem.  But only for "maintenance" purpose.  If the yeast is really bad, not much help.  Only Diflucan can kill yeast.
SB, GSE also too generous to my son if there is really a yeast problem.  Personally, a good probiotic is better to my son than SB.

Carson's birthday in January 2000.

2267#
發表於 07-1-13 00:09 |只看該作者

Chanchanboy,
多謝關心. 我結果係中環一間葯房買到diflucan (開水果隻, 同dr trodd開果隻一樣)  不過結果到今日都係冇俾佢食, 因為之前食過6至7次(每次食足2星期), 我都唔係好覺有用.
nystatin 又唔食得, 因為dr trodd叫我試吓LOD (low oxalate diet), nystatin係要介食.
我結果俾阿仔試Saccharomyces Boulardi, 試咗7日, 唔得, 改試Grapefruit seed extract(kirkman capsule), 但又唔知俾佢食幾多, 就試吓食一粒(一日), 試咗5日, 又好似冇改善, 問kawii要咗樽另一牌子gse, 想轉試一吓, 所以停咗一日, 點知第二日朝早, 阿仔開始做aba, 我就出去食早餐, 我返嚟時, 個therapist好緊張咁問我有冇錄影(佢哋做aba間房, 我裝咗camera), 我話冇呀(因為其實我都係間中睇吓佢哋做成點), 佢話阿仔果朝好"醒", 平時教極都只係用單字, 果朝就叫佢用兩個字嚟答問題(例如:red apple, yellow banana, blue cup... etc), 佢都好快就肯講10幾樣"兩字詞". 又坐得定, 又聽話.....
果日成日都好醒, 我老公放工返嚟, 都覺得阿仔d眼神好正...晚上瞓覺時, 瞓瞓吓仲走去daddy房, 拉daddy去佢自己間房"陪瞓", 嘩, 真係未試過...
不過第二日又開始有d"dean", 又差咗, 唔通係gse? 而家試吓又俾番gse佢食, 睇吓點啦....
ultramom

2268#
發表於 07-1-15 22:39 |只看該作者

Dear all,

如果natural嘅chelation, 大家有mug題議?
Thanks.

2269#
發表於 07-1-15 23:03 |只看該作者

chanchanboy,

I would suggest the following as natural chelators:

Bio-Chelate - Liquid form of EDTA, Beyond Clean - EDTA powder for bathing, Clay Bath, NDF, PCA-Rx, Liquid Zeolite, Authia Cream etc.....

You may order all of the above products from the site as shown below:

http://www.spectrumsupplements.com

2270#
發表於 07-1-16 08:52 |只看該作者

kawai,

Thank you so much for your reply.

2271#
發表於 07-1-16 10:40 |只看該作者

各位,
嘩, 真高興, 阿仔bed-wetting咗10晚, 前晚開始終於又冇"LAI LIU", 希望之後都OK啦.....
不過D EYE-CONTACT, ENGAGEMENT呀, 都係時好時壞..  

kawai,
你果隻gse, 我老公之前上咗大陸, 呢幾日又日日都唔記得帶番屋企     所以我一路都仲係俾阿仔食kirkman果隻gse (capsule), 食咗10日了, 琴日開始停, 請問我係唔係應該等一排, 先俾阿仔試另一隻gse呢? 我估我個仔d yeast問題都好嚴重, 而家做緊chelation, 我估都要俾d anti-yeast control俾佢, 但唔知gse可唔可以長食? 我只係俾佢長食coconut oil.

前日我係屋企攰得制, 下午係床瞓著咗, 阿仔竟然走入房叫我一聲"MOMMY", 想叫醒我...嘩真係開心死我   , 因為佢從來都唔會主動咁叫我, 次次都要PROMPT...  
yy

2272#
發表於 07-1-16 11:03 |只看該作者

ultramom,

Congratulations to you!  My son is still having pampers at night.  Sometimes he knows to get up early morning (5 or 6 am) to go 'wee wee' but sometimes not particularly when he is very tired.  I have already taken him (in sleeping mode) to toilet before I sleep (usually 12 midnight)!

Justin2002

2273#
發表於 07-1-16 13:27 |只看該作者

Kawai and Chanchanboy,

Talking about natural chelators, Dino just mentioned one called Modified Citrus Pectin, which is extracted from the peel of orange, lemon and grapefruit.  I have not tried it yet.  My boy is still on EDTA.

Ultramom,

Congrads on your son's improving awareness.  I would like to ask about the ice-cream maker you have.  Where did you buy it?  We were on holiday at Christmas and Dom had non-dairy sorbet almost every day.  He would lick the last drop of it.  I was thinking if we can make it at home.

2274#
發表於 07-1-16 21:14 |只看該作者

2275#
發表於 07-1-16 21:53 |只看該作者

Justin2002,
請問你有冇試過晚上唔俾"尿片"小朋友呢?  如果你發覺小朋友朝早起身時, 條"片"濕咗但仲"暖暖哋", 可以試吓連續幾晚唔俾"片", 但就做d"防預"(放張膠墊), 試吓會唔會可以戒到.  因為我嗰幾個小朋友, 細個嗰時, 如果你俾尿片, 佢就一定會"交足貨" (賴尿), 如果冇片, 可能幾晚就開始唔賴啦.
不過最好等放假日子, 大人小朋友都輕鬆冇壓力時試, 成功機會高d. 而且如果真係賴咗, 都要當平常事一般, 因為如果大人緊張, 小朋友好容易感到壓力.
ultramom

2276#
發表於 07-1-16 22:57 |只看該作者

2277#
發表於 07-1-16 23:04 |只看該作者

Ultramom,

I'm not sure if GSE can be taken as long term treatment.  I think low dose as maintenance purpose should be ok.  

Dommom,

Modified Citrus Pectin sounds a good natural chelator.  I'll definitely include this one on my next order of supplement.  

2278#
發表於 07-1-17 09:13 |只看該作者

Thanks ultramom, for your advice.  I shall try when the weather becomes warmer and like what you said, maybe during long holiday.  Hope to report good news to you all soon!

Thanks again.
Justin2002

2279#
發表於 07-1-17 13:07 |只看該作者

Dear All,

Recently, Dr Trodd said that my son does not need to take anymore DMSA (we finished 4 pulses in total), but Dr Trodd prescribed a medicine called "ACTOS" for my son. He said ACTOS can treat the behavioral symptons.

I did a search online, and found a saying as below:

http://blogs.jambav.com/pramila/?title=dan_conference_notes&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1
"...Marvin Boris, MD had a talk on the use of Actos as an immunomodulator. He introduced the topic of immune system (TH1->TH2) alteration in the ASD groups. There is a tendency towards pro-inflammatory cytokines which might activate autoimmune disorders and inflammation. He had slides on lab reports to evaluate the therapy. Responses to Actos included (in time 1-8 months) increased cognition, calmness, socialization, and decreased diarrhoea and aggression. He noted minor side-effects, including weight gain in 8% of the cases..." in DAN Conference - notes recorded by a parent in USA.

Can any parents share on use of ACTOS?

smith

2280#
發表於 07-1-17 23:29 |只看該作者

Hi Smith,

My son Dom was prescribed Actos by Dr. Trodd about 2-3 months ago (Oct/Nov? 06).  Dr. Trodd said the Autism Premium Panel test he did back in mid 2005 showed he had autoimmunity, and Actos may help.  However, Dom took it for 3 days and he looks like he was totally exhausted.  I do not know if it has anything to do with the Actos.  I reported to Trodd and he told me to stop.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題