好口碑的主流小學 for ADHD [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-4-5 19:07 |只看該作者

好口碑的主流小學 for ADHD

Happy Mother's Day       

2#
發表於 05-4-6 10:42 |只看該作者

Re: 好口碑的主流小學 for ADHD

聖公會日修小學 ﹝黃大仙區﹞ is famous for its 融合教育, the principal is very dedicated to his work and does not discriminate less able children.  

bonniechau7@netivgator 寫道:
各位朋友 :

我的兒子是 Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) 5yrs old, 今年九月便要選小學, 有沒有好的主流小學可以介紹, 最好是小班教學, 小功課, 有愛心的老師, 最重要肯接納ADHD 的小朋友 !  地區: 九龍或新界

麻煩請指点, 我真的很心煩 !   

Hypermum                   
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

3#
發表於 05-4-6 11:35 |只看該作者

Dear Mrsphcheung,

Thank you for yr quick reply  

By the way, Do you know any ADHD group in HK (家長自助小組)

Hypermum

4#
發表於 05-4-6 11:41 |只看該作者

Dear Bonniechau,
I don't know any ADHD group in HK (家長自助小組).  You can chat in this section as many mums with similar experience may have sharing here.

BTW, my child (also 5) is also suspected to have attention deficit problem (not hyperactive).  Where is your child diagnosed as ADHD?  Does your child take any medicine?  Thanks.

5#
發表於 05-4-6 12:15 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 05-4-6 12:22 |只看該作者

Dear bonniechau,
Is 行為治療 a way to reinforce good behaviour and discourage misbehaviour?

7#
發表於 05-4-6 12:51 |只看該作者

Dear Mrsphcheung,

Yes ! You are right  
Previously my son is having Play Therapy Treatment , it is good way to release their emotion  and understand them.

Hypermum

8#
發表於 05-4-6 16:35 |只看該作者

Dear Hypermum,

May I ask you where do you start to do the assessment for your son and at what age?

Should I go to health clinic first / private clinic for referral to the child assessment centre?
and at what age?

My son is now 2 years old and he is extremely hyperactive with temper compared to others children at same age.

Many thanks for your answer.

Carol

9#
發表於 05-4-6 18:49 |只看該作者

10#
發表於 05-4-6 20:56 |只看該作者

hi all:
let's i share , hope can help
my kid now 懷疑is ADHD , but he also is a gived child too, so the Edu, Psc suggest to do the assessment  in private, ,first is Vision testing  , second is psy , third is occup assessment, if diagnos is ADHD, can immediate to  do the training
but the fee is very expensive
didima

11#
發表於 05-4-6 21:30 |只看該作者

1. I don't think it is necessary...probably this guy/lady is affiliated with someone who is doing it....very unethical Even if s/he wants to rule out possibilities, this can't be no.1 test...Oh!I just realize that I've answered your query about finding a behaviour optometrist in other topic...
2. What exactly will that be? Ask him/her to specify!
3. It is not necessary as well. I never heard of anyone refer a suspected ADHD kid for OT assessment. Very strange
4. Of course it'll be expensive with a list like that...but some of them are not directly related to ADHD and I have no clue why s/he prescribe those evaluations to you.

didima 寫道:
...the Edu, Psc suggest to do the assessment  in private
1. first is Vision testing  ,
2. second is psy ,
3. third is occup assessment, if diagnos is ADHD, can immediate to  do the training
4. but the fee is very expensive

12#
發表於 05-4-6 21:34 |只看該作者

Yes. It's relatively simple to follow but effective- only if you can pick the right target behaviour with "award" that the child really desires. Play therapy is another form of treatment which is more psychoanalytically oriented.

mrsphcheung 寫道:
Is 行為治療 a way to reinforce good behaviour and discourage misbehaviour?

13#
發表於 05-4-7 08:00 |只看該作者

"我勸你早点去評估及千其勿俾他們老点"

I have similar experience with government professionals.  Some of them are very rude & inconsiderate indeed.       

14#
發表於 05-4-8 16:35 |只看該作者

Bonnie,
'我勸你早点去評估及千其勿俾他們老点' - very true, I have similar experience in assessment centre.

Dr T,
would ADHD children get better naturally when he gets older. Say, when they are in secondary school or become grown up, would they still moving and unattentive? thanks.  

15#
發表於 05-4-8 17:19 |只看該作者

1. 視乎小朋友的"嚴重"程度及有否適當的跟進-如果完全不理(不少家長的想法),向壞發展的可能性很大
2. 因事要為某client聯絡CAC的CP,但call了一星期都係話出左去開會...

ALAL 寫道
1. would ADHD children get better naturally when he gets older. Say, when they are in secondary school or become grown up, would they still moving and unattentive? thanks.

2. Bonnie,
'我勸你早点去評估及千其勿俾他們老点' - very true, I have similar experience in assessment centre.

16#
發表於 05-4-9 00:13 |只看該作者

Dr T:
我也考慮是否耍做,雖然我很擔心
她做完家訪後,建議我找Lucia San和Dr Luk Siu Luen,also need to 找occup and physio therapist,但真的貴得厲害,
之前囝囝做了iq test,在picture completion  and object assembly   ,comprehension got full marks , but arithmetic  only got 7 ,Digit Span got 8
之前鄧博士suggest further investigation by speech and occup therapist ,也做了,只是occup 做了8 lessons便ok
你有無建議比我呢,佢d專注力同EQ麻麻,好容易有挫敗感,
會易激動
我幫囝囝揀了Logos同DBSPD,適合嗎?
但一個就suggest Victoria , hte other 就啟思
didima
:cry:

17#
發表於 05-4-9 00:18 |只看該作者

Dr T:
佢話耍做哂d assessment,然後才可find out diagnois,但我感覺像魚腩,
她suggest 的是在萬邦行同Lane Crawford House度做
didima

18#
發表於 05-4-11 13:42 |只看該作者

剛剛才發現你的留言,容許我遲些答...因要外出工作

純粹八卦...你所指的博士是誰?希望不會是我...但好像是個女的,有點奇怪

didima 寫道:

19#
發表於 05-4-11 21:35 |只看該作者

1. Again, I don't think the vision therapy/assessment is a must at this stage as it's an alternative therapy. You might also get an experienced (though might not be as as old as Dr. L) but reasonable priced child psychiatrist if medication is the way to go.

2. What do you mean by full mark- 19?

3. They'll really quite low and is a possible indicator of ADD, if not ADHD.

4. Logos is definitely a no-no. In fact schools that require high self-control from the kids might not be too suitable for your kid, if he really has problem paying attention.

didima 寫道:
1. "她"做完家訪後,建議我找...
2. 之前囝囝做了iq test,在picture completion  and object assembly   ,comprehension got full marks
3. ...but arithmetic  only got 7 ,Digit Span got 8
4. 我幫囝囝揀了Logos同DBSPD,適合嗎?...suggest Victoria , hte other 就啟思

20#
發表於 05-4-12 13:47 |只看該作者

Dr T:
之前囝囝做{HK-WISC), the non-verbal strengths lie in his abilities in identifying missing details in incomplete pictures and putting jigsaw pieces together , (verbal ) also to make appropriate judgement in social situation through question and answer format well are placed at very superior level--  the 19 marks is the scaled score result ,
on the other hand,Dr tang said his weakness in utilizing his short-term memory, and reflect his difficulty in completing academic work that involves copying and writing skills
then Dr tang stronly recommend to follow up speech and occup therapist
之後我send了d info比mrs li,佢就說耍早d家訪,之後就suggest做,我之前講的assessment,
Dr T,其實是否應帶囝囝做多1次IQ test嗎?
宜家攪到唔知揀邊間學校至suit for 囝囝 :cry:
之前做iq test都係想囉d advice
didima
‹ 上一主題|下一主題