發表於 06-7-21 23:10 |只看該作者

Re: SFA vs 天神嘉諾撒 (點揀好?)

如果插班入小二,就一定受惠於一條龍安排,所以會揀HA.

23#
發表於 06-7-21 23:32 |只看該作者

竹葉青 寫道:
咁我會揀sfa.
因聖家冇接龍中學同埋中文較深,而我囡囡唔係e方面佢反而英文較好.我會考慮天神都因為係佢有間正中學直上好吸引.
而sfa實力就係人都知,如派得唔理想我相信自己出去考好學校都唔難,你睇d名校都會揀見d好學校啦,淨計in個機會都大d.

好多謝你意見..

24#
發表於 06-7-22 13:48 |只看該作者

Dear 竹葉青,

I can understand the dilemma in choosing HACS and SFA.

My girl will go to P1 this Summer. She succeed in getting an offer from SFA(which I think is a hard battle) and GHS, yet HACS gave her a place.

We also feel the difficulty in choosing  among them.

Eventually we opt for HACS for the followng reasons:
1. The thru' train to SMCC
2. You can save the school fee to subsidise other extra-curricular-activities
3. For SFA, you are not guaranteed to gain a place in good secondary school. Only a few goes to scholl like MCS, SMCC etc...
4. For GHS, you have to spend a lot of money to finish the primary and secondary school
4. I am an old girl of HACS and SMCC, i know the culture there yet i think to a certain extent these schools suits my girl.

If you consider tle academic level, I can say SFA may be higher than HACS. But if your girl can pass the entrance of these schools, your girl do have some potentials. I think you will not depend completely on any school in training your girl(This seems to be the pattern of parents bringing their children to so called "good" schools.)

So, there is no need to worry too much on the academic level of HACS. What is more important is the culture of school and your girl's character. If your girl is "smart yet active" in a sense that traditional school won't suit her, I would not suggest HACS.

Lastly, good luck.

May God guide you in choosing the good school for your girl.

july_rhapsody
竹葉青 寫道:
大家好,

我囡囡考到這兩校小二插班生,但唔知點揀好,sfa係一間高程度有實力學校,而天神就係課程一般不過就同st. mary一條龍.
因為囡囡英文略勝中文就麻麻所以我本身就諗住讀sfa又英文課程又普通話敎中文.因現在考到天神又有d唔捨得一條龍但又驚課程淺.
請各位家長比d意見,你地會點揀呀????   

25#
發表於 06-7-22 15:14 |只看該作者

竹葉青

'而sfa實力就係人都知,如派得唔理想我相信自己出去考好學校都唔難,你睇d名校都會揀見d好學校啦,淨計in個機會都大d.'

你係咪有啲想囡囡係SFA博入超級名校,e.g. DGS.?

In SFA, 你囡囡仲要同啲boys 爭全級排名,未知你囡囡啲Maths又如何?

天神我只聽過深,未聽過淺,SFA 啲卷全部深一年,可能相比下,你覺天神淺。

如確保直上St. Mary, 仲consider 乜?    

26#
發表於 06-7-22 23:51 |只看該作者

好多謝大家意見對我好有用,我對天神亦多左了解,因囡囡初考完筆試形容話考咁多間最淺,所以我有e樣憂慮.
咁請問天神中文科算唔算深呢?會否用普通話上中文?因女兒中文科較弱而且p.1時是用普通話敎中文佢覺得國語有得拼音易讀d.請大家賜教.thanks.   
2016 13th SINGAPORE OPEN GYMNASTICS CHAMPIONSHIPS
https://youtu.be/ewiq2eV63X0
2014年全國青少年藝術體操錦標賽-亞軍
https://youtu.be/OAEC8aaPeB0

27#
發表於 06-7-23 10:36 |只看該作者

我認為選天神嘉諾撒好些,SFA是要靠家長谷,頂不住會很辛苦,而且競爭大。

28#
發表於 06-7-23 11:28 |只看該作者

Is you daughter studying in a girl or co-edu school?  Do you put this factor in your consideration?  As my daughter will go to P.1 next year, but she keep on reminding me she wants to study in a co-edu school.  In view of her character, I agree with her suggestion.  But, for her future, I will prefer a girl school.  It's hard for me to make the decision.  Can you share yours with me?

29#
發表於 06-7-24 00:58 |只看該作者

3. For SFA, you are not guaranteed to gain a place in good secondary school. Only a few goes to scholl like MCS, SMCC etc...

It is not true, you can go to the SFA website, and find that at least 58% of girls go to the top band1 EMI school. the following were the 2004/5 results:

HOLY TRINITY COLLEGE: 16
MCS:3
SMCC:2
DGS:5 (in SFA web-site is 4)

and you can find that there are nearly 100% girls go to EMI school. In my opinion, if you just want to go to a brand name school, like SMCC, then choose 天神 maybe is a good idea, but if you want also a solid foundation, then choose SFA with no doubt.

30#
發表於 06-7-24 02:23 |只看該作者

My daughter will be k.3 in Sep. She's studying in  a whole girl's kin. I must to choice a girl's primary and second school for her, because I want her to pay attention in her school time. (avoid their young period to make the wrong things)
vkfwai 寫道:
Is you daughter studying in a girl or co-edu school?  Do you put this factor in your consideration?  As my daughter will go to P.1 next year, but she keep on reminding me she wants to study in a co-edu school.  In view of her character, I agree with her suggestion.  But, for her future, I will prefer a girl school.  It's hard for me to make the decision.  Can you share yours with me?
;-) :-D :-)

31#
發表於 06-7-24 10:05 |只看該作者

我真的不明白為什麼這麼多人說怕天神升St. Mary跟唔上, 我身邊有很多例子, 是天神升St. Mary讀得很好的, 早十幾年前我的妹妹和堂妹, 她們都是由天神升St. Mary的, 妹妹是高中英文教師(已pass基準試), 堂妹在銀行, 另外, 妹妹和堂妹的大部份由天神升St. Mary同學, 現在都在銀行, 會計師樓, 金融機構或外資公司做, 很多都做得很好. 而最近朋友的女兒都是由天神升St. Mary的, 上年拿了5個A, 我不是說天神很好, 而是讀書是要看很多方面的, 小朋友本身, 屋企人支持, 小學只是中學的踏腳石, 如果有好的中學聯繫, 當然好, 但他們在小學的時候就要培養他們對學習的興趣, 這方面我就覺得天神做得不錯, 而天神現在都很積極提升學生的質數, 她的英文課本已轉了, 我相信提升了質數的天神, 一定有更好的表現

32#
發表於 06-7-24 11:34 |只看該作者

[quote]
shan-mama 寫道:
My daughter will be k.3 in Sep. She's studying in  a whole girl's kin. I must to choice a girl's primary and second school for her, because I want her to pay attention in her school time. (avoid their young period to make the wrong things) [quote]

I think you cannot avoid her meeting boys even in girls' school unless she doesn't join any school activities.  
If you join uniform groups, girls' school will join other boys' school to organise activities.  Some activities were even service camps that you spend several days with other group of boys serving the community.  So even I was in girls' school for 13 years, I met lots of boys from La Salle, King's, QC, Wah Yan (Kowloon and HK), St. Joseph (kowloon and HK).  And some of them are still my current friends.
I remember Geography class also has to join hands with HK Wah Yan to held an exhibition and we spent long days to work together... Unless you don't let her take Geography subject as well.
Even Legion of Mary (catholics club) will join hands with other boys' schools...
Besides if her school friends have male friends, she can introduce to her....  So still some students in girls' school will start dating in early secondary school life.
Normal co-ed environment is important, and maybe that is why girls and boys schools will always organize activities together to provide students with normal co-ed environment.  
I saw some cases - deprivation for too long, and once it's set free (studying overseas alone), she will go too far.

33#
發表於 06-7-24 16:54 |只看該作者

Sorry! you don't caught my meaning.
I means the school time (8:00-4:00) will pay attention on study in the classroom.
If their school have any join activities with boy's school, it won't be everyday!may be several month one time.
BoBoCute 寫道:
shan-mama 寫道:
My daughter will be k.3 in Sep. She's studying in  a whole girl's kin. I must to choice a girl's primary and second school for her, because I want her to pay attention in her school time. (avoid their young period to make the wrong things) [quote]

I think you cannot avoid her meeting boys even in girls' school unless she doesn't join any school activities.  
If you join uniform groups, girls' school will join other boys' school to organise activities.  Some activities were even service camps that you spend several days with other group of boys serving the community.  So even I was in girls' school for 13 years, I met lots of boys from La Salle, King's, QC, Wah Yan (Kowloon and HK), St. Joseph (kowloon and HK).  And some of them are still my current friends.
I remember Geography class also has to join hands with HK Wah Yan to held an exhibition and we spent long days to work together... Unless you don't let her take Geography subject as well.
Even Legion of Mary (catholics club) will join hands with other boys' schools...
Besides if her school friends have male friends, she can introduce to her....  So still some students in girls' school will start dating in early secondary school life.
Normal co-ed environment is important, and maybe that is why girls and boys schools will always organize activities together to provide students with normal co-ed environment.  
I saw some cases - deprivation for too long, and once it's set free (studying overseas alone), she will go too far.

34#
發表於 06-7-24 17:08 |只看該作者

Sorry! You don't caught my meaning.
I means pay attention at the school time is 8:00-4:00 studying  in the classroom. Even their school will join the boy's school activities, but it won't be everyday, may be several month per time!      
BoBoCute 寫道:
[quote]
shan-mama 寫道:

35#
發表於 06-7-24 19:41 |只看該作者

唔好意思,我想借問聲sfa的中文全名是甚麼?
tc

36#
發表於 06-7-24 21:24 |只看該作者

聖方濟各英文小學
2014年全國青少年藝術體操錦標賽-亞軍

37#
發表於 06-7-25 11:24 |只看該作者

[quote]
shan-mama 寫道:
Sorry! You don't caught my meaning.
I means pay attention at the school time is 8:00-4:00 studying  in the classroom. Even their school will join the boy's school activities, but it won't be everyday, may be several month per time!       [quote]

明白了.但我認為不用擔心,上堂時又不能打情罵俏,除非讀嘅係比較差嘅Band 3學校。

By the way, girls' schools also have TB.  Many years ago, I did received love letters from TB and was discovered by my mom    I still remember how scared she was, thinking I was a lesbian

醒目開學勳章

38#
發表於 06-7-25 14:33 |只看該作者

天神的程度不用我們去擔心,最擔心的必是st. mary's 中學,因程度不及,有很大可能會成為中中,百年老校,必定想了很久才結龍的,不可能像聖馬可咁兒戲;何況st. mary's 中學一直都收很多天神的學生,如天神的學生唔好,她以前就不會收咁多,一定是好,才決定結龍,所以不用擔心。
此外,天神的數學出名深,st. mary's 小學去年為拉近兩校在數學科的差距,已迫學生狂做數學練習,唔信可問下st. mary's 小學的同學仔。

39#
發表於 06-7-25 15:10 |只看該作者

其實St. Mary's 中學都會好好照顧天神學生。
N 年前,St. Mary's 小學生一上到中學就發覺英文比小學淺了很多,我想是為了照顧天神學生。
時至今日,ST. Mary's primary school 都變埋中文小學,真的不用怕追不上。現在St. Mary's primary 英數都唔深,反而中文就好深。

40#
發表於 06-7-25 17:35 |只看該作者

多謝晒你地資料,我都放心左好多喇.我初時仲以為st mary 小學係全英文授課所以擔心兩邊會拉得遠.而家清楚晒喇.
2014年全國青少年藝術體操錦標賽-亞軍
‹ 上一主題|下一主題