用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Any news for St. Paul boy's interview?
樓主: Jeff_Mom
go

Any news for St. Paul boy's interview? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-9-29 12:47 |只看該作者

Re: Any news for St. Paul boy's interview?

I submitted the form on 14 Sept, I just received the interview letter yesteraday.  And my schedule 26 Oct 2:30 pm.  Is too late.

I heard that around 900 applicants in this year.
該用戶已被刪除

22#
發表於 06-9-29 14:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 06-9-29 23:54 |只看該作者

I received the letter today and the interview will be on 17 Oct

24#
發表於 06-9-30 00:33 |只看該作者

H&WMama 寫道:
I submitted the form on 14 Sept, and received the interview letter yesterday.  The interview is scheduled on 4 Oct AM.

Do you think both parents should accompany the child to the interview?  Pls advise.

Is your husband an old boy of st.paul boy?

25#
發表於 06-9-30 07:24 |只看該作者

仔仔in 完la,一group6個小朋友跟0左老師入房近1個鐘先出0黎,小朋友入房ge時候,家長就去核對出世紙等等ge正本,所以老公話係出面都等0左幾耐。

H&WMama 寫道:
I submitted the form on 14 Sept, and received the interview letter yesterday.  The interview is scheduled on 4 Oct AM.

Do you think both parents should accompany the child to the interview?  Pls advise.

26#
發表於 06-9-30 13:56 |只看該作者

熙媽媽 寫道:

咦?一group6個?有人話係小朋友逐個入去見,而大人坐響門口會聼到曬 ge?吾通今年改左?

27#
發表於 06-9-30 14:50 |只看該作者

18-10-06 1:55pm

28#
發表於 06-9-30 18:14 |只看該作者

sunkist-lime 寫道:
Do any of you have an idea of the number of applicants for St. Paul Boys' ?

【明報專訊】「龍年效應」過後,明年升讀小一人口大幅下跌。不過,部分私立、直資小學收生則不跌反升,收表較去年增加,競爭仍見激烈。小一入學委員會主席張志鴻分析,不少家長抱有多一個機會的「水泡心態」,私立、直資小學受歡迎不足為奇。

多所私立、直資學校競爭激烈,如私校拔萃女小學近乎 18人爭 1位﹔直資小學聖保羅書院小學逾 8人爭 1學位,部分私立及直資小學接獲申請比去年增加。聖保羅書院小學申請人數均「逆市上升」,逾 798人報讀,爭入 90個學額,競爭情

29#
發表於 06-10-1 08:52 |只看該作者

唔好意思,睇錯0左st paul co-ed

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]熙媽媽 寫道:

[/quote]

30#
發表於 06-10-1 16:48 |只看該作者

熙媽媽 寫道:
唔好意思,睇錯0左st paul co-ed

[quote]
morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]熙媽媽 寫道:

[/quote][/quote]

哈哈,吾緊要喇。

31#
發表於 06-10-1 20:09 |只看該作者

熙媽媽,

st. paul co-ed 唔係4個小朋友1group咩?

8A MRS CHAN

熙媽媽 寫道:
唔好意思,睇錯0左st paul co-ed

[quote]
morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]熙媽媽 寫道:

[/quote][/quote]

32#
發表於 06-10-1 23:09 |只看該作者

mattsmum:

Thankyou very much for your information.

33#
發表於 06-10-2 08:18 |只看該作者

8AMRSCHAN,

熙爸爸話ar仔個group係6個,唔知佢係咪數錯0左呢?

st. paul co-ed 唔係4個小朋友1group咩?

34#
發表於 06-10-2 08:54 |只看該作者

由 熙媽媽 於 2006-09-30 07:24:29

一個鐘咁耐? 我同事話見半個鐘左右就出黎。
你仔仔一定得喇,見咁耐。
:-P bb囡 既爸爸 :-D

35#
發表於 06-10-2 09:32 |只看該作者

Dear All,

My eldest son interviewed in this school  a few years ago and got accepted. Since the school is still has the same headmaster, I would like to share the experience with you all.

First, please wear " smart causal", long pants, a shirt with a sleeveless sewater, make sure to cut the finger nails.

Remind the kid to say "Good morning or afternoon and goodbye".

The headmaster will ask the kid to go to her room by himself, the parent is asked to sit outside to wait. The kid will sit on the sofa and the head master will sit on a chair near him. Then she will asked him his name, do you know which school are you interviewed now. Then she will ask some simple question, such as what will you see in the park, or shopping mall. What will you do in the weekend, are you going somewhere with your parents etc.

I did not go with my husband, those are not counted at all,(actually my son went to interview for 5 schools and my husband did not go at all and my son still got accepted by all the schools) just relax, for sure the kid will know how to answer the questions, as long as he will speak up.

Don't worry so much.

36#
發表於 06-10-3 00:18 |只看該作者

nsachung,

Thanks for your sharing. Which school you choose for your son finally?

Thanks again!

37#
發表於 06-10-3 09:54 |只看該作者

Dear All,

My boy's interview is Oct 24 - 14:00.  

38#
發表於 06-10-3 10:56 |只看該作者

nsachung 寫道:First, please wear " smart causal", long pants, a shirt with a sleeveless sewater, make sure to cut the finger nails.

Really?  That's very formal, not smart causal I suppose, ha ha...  To me, smart causal = "polo shirt" plus loose pants, just like "IT look" in adult's world.

nsachung 寫道:I did not go with my husband, those are not counted at all,(actually my son went to interview for 5 schools and my husband did not go at all and my son still got accepted by all the schools) just relax, for sure the kid will know how to answer the questions, as long as he will speak up.

Pls pls, share more with us.  What do you think is your son's strongest point - why ALL schools liked him, e.g. very good academic result? awards? reference letters? rich parents? (ha ha)  Thank you!

39#
發表於 06-10-3 13:40 |只看該作者

Dear  all,

My son's academic is o.k., not the toppest one.

I think the pofile give him some extra points. I attached a letter from his headmaster to talk about his academic and well behaviours in the school. He also has a few activities with reference letter or certificates, such as drawing, swimmimg. Then according to each school, I will write a letter to tell them I really looking for my son to study in that school, of course I will write a few words to appreciate the school first. (actually I will find out the name of the headmaster, so that my letter is attention to him or she personally). And also, in the profile, I will attach a few pictures to show them my son has been travel to many countries to explore his life. Of course, I think me and my husband education background will also pleased the school. I graduated from University of Toronto but I resigned from my work since my son started school from K1. Then most of the headmasters also like a full time mom more. I have this feeling because a few headmasters did asked me how come I will quit a job and take care of a kid. My answer is that a kid is more important when they are small, they are just a piece of white paper, you are the one to put the colour on it.Therefore, my relationship with my son is very close. Evereyday before he goes to school, he will still give me a hug and a kiss, he will save some pocket money and buy me a christmas present.

The most important is that I think he did great in interview. He will speak up with appropriate answers. He is very polite and looks very smart. He is funny too. I just remember one of the interview question from st. paul's boys, the headmaster asked him to compare him and his father's differences and need to list 5 diffferent items.Then he answered that his father is taller, with glasses,better in sports, his shoes are smaller than his father and then he also said the other people said he is a little fatter than his father, this made the headmaster laugh with him.

Before the interview, I also practise the questions with him at home and pretened that I am the teacher. He needed to know how to knock at the door and pull out the chair nicely.

I hope my comments can help you all. ttyl.

40#
發表於 06-10-3 16:38 |只看該作者

nsachung: You're one great mom.  Thanks for your sharing.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題