發表於 05-5-6 22:12 |只看該作者

Re: 好口碑的主流小學 for ADHD

Dear mrsphcheung

如此校長,真可以去平機會投訴他!請問何謂教育?這些學校不讀也罷!

我很幸運,遇到的校長都寬宏大量,有教無類。再找找吧,這世界仍有很多充滿教育熱誠的師長。

102#
發表於 05-5-6 22:32 |只看該作者

我諗主要的原因是一般學校對有任何特殊學習需要的學生認識不足,以致產生不理性的恐懼,當然最簡單的方法是拒收...若言"不幸"收到(e.g.派位入或大把分)便先至唯有認命積極面對.

但事實上教統局每年給予學校的各項津貼實在不少,只是學校當局通常 i.不懂用或 ii.亂用- 單看某些學校的社工服務的水平就可見一斑-因為學校通常只會將服務交託自己所屬辨學團體的相關機構,但結果是無甘大個頭,就戴鬼甘大頂帽,於是請埋一班年資極淺既人員,好話唔好聽自己都未顧得掂自己...

隠約記得英國的特殊教育資金是跟人的,即是家長可以自行決定應該由政府俾小朋友個舊教育費係比邊個,類似學券制度-相信這是解決學校變相拒收的現況的較現實方法,因為你會是他們的財神,而非負累.

特教資助改革會是我心目中"伯樂行動"的目標之一(包括大家之前提過的特殊教育訓練駛費免稅)...

mrsphcheung 寫道:
...The PM principal said that the school had no resources to look after autistic children

103#
發表於 05-5-7 00:13 |只看該作者

monkeymama 寫道:
Dear Dr. T ,

我隻 monkey 仔很活躍不喜歡做功課 . 有设有小功課 / 活動式教學的小學介紹 , 天水圍循道衛理小學 , 好嗎 ?

有设有其他好小學介紹 , 請指点 !

Monkeymama

Monkeymama:

好似伊利沙伯中學舊生會小學分校辦得不錯.是小功課 / 活動式教學.

104#
發表於 05-5-7 01:17 |只看該作者

跑馬地的寶覺小學好似唔錯,我聽明愛自閉症服務的社工說有自閉小朋友入了此校讀得很好,家長也推介。故此隨後也相繼有數位家長為小朋友選讀此校。此校好處是小班(因收生不足曾要殺校,後校方自資續辦),好似得1x - 2x 人一班,d 老師又幾好,又有外籍老師呀咁。不妨了解一下!

105#
發表於 05-5-7 07:51 |只看該作者

Dear ClaudeeMa,
Thank you for your information.  My child's teacher also recommends this school to me.  It may be one of my choices.  

ClaudeeMa 寫道:
跑馬地的寶覺小學好似唔錯,我聽明愛自閉症服務的社工說有自閉小朋友入了此校讀得很好,家長也推介。故此隨後也相繼有數位家長為小朋友選讀此校。此校好處是小班(因收生不足曾要殺校,後校方自資續辦),好似得1x - 2x 人一班,d 老師又幾好,又有外籍老師呀咁。不妨了解一下!
我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

106#
發表於 05-5-7 07:59 |只看該作者

Dear 思佳媽咪,
I have contacted several principals during these few weeks.  This principal is the only one who does not accept our children so far.  

Any way, I believe that there must be a school willing to accept my child.  天涯何處無芳草, 此地不留人,自有留人處。

107#
發表於 05-5-7 12:13 |只看該作者

"天涯何處無芳草, 此地不留人,自有留人處"

說得好!

108#
發表於 05-5-8 12:17 |只看該作者

I haven't talked to the PM principal before.  But the AM principal assured me that the school would try its best to support my boy.  Sadly I has no way to know whether this is true or only lip service.  I chose this school in central allocation for my boy.  I wonder whether this is a correct decision.

On the other hand, good word of mouth tends to make children with special needs clustering to a few schools.  This may not be a good thing either as this may turn a mainstream school to a special school.  After all we all want our children to study in an integrated school to have more opportunities to contact normal children, right?

mrsphcheung 寫道:
Dear all,
I visited 梁李秀娛 in this morning and met the PM principal.  The school will turn to be whole day in this September.  The AM principal will be the whole day school principal.  The PM principal said that the school had no resources to look after autistic children.  He said that autistic children might create trouble in classroom management.  As the academic performance of the school is improving, the school will be less open to less able children.  有教無類只是當收生不足時才用得上!  I have very strong feeling of being discriminated.       

109#
發表於 05-5-8 13:34 |只看該作者

sorry for you.

110#
發表於 05-5-8 17:06 |只看該作者

Dear mcyip,
I have also talked to the AM principal before.  His attitude is entirely different from the PM principal.  My instinct tells me that he is sincere.

The PM principal is very 精英掛帥.  He just wants to help bright students to develop their potential.  It is good for normal children, but not for ours.

Since the AM principal will be the principal in charge of the whole day school, you may trust him first.  Wait and see.  If you find that the school is not suitable for your child, you may seek for some other schools.  DON'T JUST STAY IN THE SCHOOL WHICH IS NOT 包容 ENOUGH.  WE MUST LOOK FOR THE BEST FOR OUR CHILDREN.  IF WE DON'T FIGHT FOR OUR INTEREST, NOBODY WILL CARE!!!       

111#
發表於 05-5-8 17:22 |只看該作者

mrsphcheung,

剛剛讀到你的留言,心裏亦感到難過。相信大部份同是天涯的父母,當替孩子找學校時也會遇過不少難堪和無助。在此,我誠心祝福您及支持您。請勿氣餒!天無絕人之路,我們的孩子並不是遭人嫌棄的傢伙。他們會比一般小孩不專心,但別因而看小她/們,到她們要專心的項目上,專注和能力就比一般的高出不知多少倍!就讓我們做父母的,陪伴他們一起走這段一點也不容易走的路,不離不棄!

他人棄之石頭,將成大屋之基石!這是我在母親節送給大家的由衷之言,願共勉之!
那時我為得到這孩子祈禱,上主就賞賜了我所懇求的,所以我現在把他獻於上主,他一生是屬於上主的。(撒上:27-28)你教導孩童應行的道路,待他老年時也不會離棄。(箴22:6)

112#
發表於 05-5-8 20:57 |只看該作者

Dear gigi2,
Thanks a lot for your encouragement.  I won't give up.  Every cloud has a silver lining.  There must be a way out.       

gigi2 寫道:
他人棄之石頭,將成大屋之基石!這是我在母親節送給大家的由衷之言,願共勉之!

113#
發表於 05-5-8 22:20 |只看該作者

Mrs cheung,
I encountered similar experience.

Recently I brought my son to a school visit, seeing whether it is suitable for my son or not for application in third round. This school has already good intake in the First Round. The principal is not very welcoming, when he saw my son. Even within our conversation he stressed that his school is not special school.

114#
發表於 05-5-14 20:08 |只看該作者

My daughter's teacher just recommended Chan's Creative at Sham Shui Po to me. She stated that it's good for ADHD children.
Any one can tell me is she right because the school free is very expensive (around $4000 per month).  

115#
發表於 05-5-14 20:14 |只看該作者

Dear Baby_zoe ,

Would you tell me the school's 中文名 .

Thx !

Monkeymama  

116#
發表於 05-5-14 21:07 |只看該作者

啟基學校

link: