搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 BB聽力測試
樓主: DaisyWong
go

BB聽力測試 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 05-5-8 00:19 |只看該作者

Re: BB聽力測試

[size=medium]HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOM !!

82#
發表於 05-5-8 17:15 |只看該作者

Dear Daisy, loveyanpig, modoip, 稚言治語, Shiba-Inu and Nail,

Happy to find this forum, my child has almost the same case and I have questions to ask, hope that you can help me to carify.

Let me explained the case of my son first.  He got tested in QE twice and both failed on left ear when he was born in March and QE refer my child to ENT to re-test.

On May 3, he got tested and the result is disappointed.  The report stated that:
My child has failed automated auditory brainstem response (AABR) hearing screening at QE.  The test result in ENT: Evoked Response Audiometry using click stimulus showed responses at 15dBnHL in the right ear and 85dBnHL in the left ear.  The result were consistent with normal hearing in the right ear and severe grade deafness in the left ear, mainly at 2-4 kHz frequency region.

As stated by Shiba-Inu, the testing sequence should be OAE -> ABR -> VRA.  But my child had different testing experience with AABR and ERA that make me confuse.

The audiologist stated that my child may need not to use 助聽器.  And audiologist referred us to see doctor at ENT in June.  I am very worried about this.

Please help.

83#
發表於 05-5-8 17:42 |只看該作者

Chr336 寫道:

The audiologist stated that my child may need not to use 助聽器.  And audiologist referred us to see doctor at ENT in June.  I am very worried about this.

Please help.

Yes this is true. If one ear is having normal hearing ability, he may not need to use hearing aid.

84#
發表於 05-5-9 00:38 |只看該作者

[size=small]A belated HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY from USA!

[size=small]Enjoy the day that you all deserve!     
;-) How is your baby's hearing? Ask an audiologist! ;-)

85#
發表於 05-5-9 00:47 |只看該作者

Hi bb2005hk,

How are u and your family? Glad to know that the recent ABR test result is not too bad!

However, I do not quite understand why the doctor still stated that ABR "can test different frequencies"    --- "但仍有一些音收不到但可接受是正常的" --- This statement is confusing to me!  

Anyway, it's good that your son passes! Keep an eye on his speech and language development and see if that confusing statement "有一些音收不到" has an effect on him or not. Some kids do and some don't!

86#
發表於 05-5-9 01:00 |只看該作者

Hi Chr336,

Well, your case is both similar and different from the others, what your son has is called "monolateral hearing loss" (HL on one side) vs "(suspected) bilateral hearing loss" (on both sides)

"The audiologist stated that my child may need not to use 助聽器. "

--- Both st213 and your audiologist are correct. One normal hearing ear is good enough to due with most of the daily communication. However, with only one good ear, your son will have difficulties hearing in noise, hearing speech originates from the side of the bad ear, and with telling direction from which the sound comes from. In general, if you keep an eye on these situations, he can develop normal speech and language in the same pace as other kids.

For the test sequence, "OAE -> ABR -> VRA" is just the general scenario. Diff hospitals/ clinics may modify it to suit their needs. So that's why your son underwent AABR (a simplified version of ABR) and then ERA (another name for ABR) to confirm.

So don't worry, there's nothing to worry about for the time being!  

87#
發表於 05-5-9 01:29 |只看該作者

First of all, thanks to st213 and Shiba-Inu.

Shiba-Inu,

Evoked Response Audiometry using click stimulus showed responses 85dBnHL in the left ear. The result were consistent severe grade deafness in the left ear, mainly at 2-4 kHz frequency region.

I want to know for normal hearing, does it fall in 2-4 kHz and what means by 85dBnHL?

Chr336

88#
發表於 05-5-9 01:31 |只看該作者

Shiba-Inu:
Hi!

Chr336 has written in the other topic that her child is found to have autistic features.  I don't know if she means two different children or the same one.  If it happens to be the same child, how likely do you think the hearing problem leads to the autistic features?  (Or, we can wait till she replies.)

By the way, provided that the child is going to have problem is discriminating speech sound in noise as well as sound localization, is the HKSAR government gonna to issue him a hearing aid?

Thanks.

click here
稚言治語 = 一個很喜歡治療小朋友語言問題的言語治療師﹗ ;-) 不要怕,只要信﹗希望在人間吖嘛﹗ 你今日微笑了嗎?

89#
發表於 05-5-9 02:08 |只看該作者

稚言治語 & Shiba-Inu,

其實,我的大仔(三歲)有自閉傾向,細仔(二個月)左耳有問題,簡直令我不知如何是好.都唔知細仔會唔會有自閉問題,如果早知大仔的問題,我就唔生第二個.

我都想要教家長如何訓練小朋友語言的資料, 我pm email address 比你.

社工現在幫我排緊早期訓練中心及兼收位幼兒園,但話要等一年. 佢叫我9月照返普通幼稚園(因已有學校收咗).

稚言治語 寫道:
Shiba-Inu:
Hi!

Chr336 has written in the other topic that her child is found to have autistic features.  I don't know if she means two different children or the same one.  If it happens to be the same child, how likely do you think the hearing problem leads to the autistic features?  (Or, we can wait till she replies.)

By the way, provided that the child is going to have problem is discriminating speech sound in noise as well as sound localization, is the HKSAR government gonna to issue his a hearing aid?

Thanks.

click here

90#
發表於 05-5-9 16:29 |只看該作者

Dear Shiba-Inu 及各位,

(Shiba-Inu, 記唔記得我? 我BB女又係有聽力問題, 並已開咗一個新forum的, 但看過你forward比我有關BB聽力測試尼個topic後, 我想都係響尼度一齊傾集中D)....看過咁多位的故事後, 感覺實在有點激動:--
-原來有咁多有關cases正在發生; 路, 的確不只我一家人走的, 但不是說一千個BB才有幾個有問題嗎?點解會好似咁common咁發生在BK mami身上....要知道自己懷胎十月的骨肉不知何解的不能正常發展, 是很令人痛的....
-Thanks God, 好彩識上BK先可以接觸到咁多樂於助人的熱心朋支, 如果唔係一定會好無助,好徬惶...千謝萬謝....

其實自從我B女在母嬰院failed兩次OAE後, 上星期在Queen Mary耳鼻喉專科見醫生前再做多一次OAE, 但醫生(應不是audiologist吧)說"好似好D", 但把響鈴放佢左
右兩耳時, 佢好似冇乜反應, 所以便安排ABR....但係要到七月才可做, 我好擔心, 所以如我自己先找private做, 想請教:
-有需要及有好處嗎?譬如說, 我可要求private做ASSR rather than ABR, 那便可更早知道, 及比在public做得更整體的測試結果了, 是嗎?早一兩個月得知結果, 是否
會比因public hospital排期問題而遲做較有利?(因我又怕follow-up在public應較好...)如我有此需要, 可否請你share一些private的資料比我?萬分感激...
-如成因是sensory/neural問題, 是否通常兩耳都有問題的呢?

loveyanpig, 我好明白你的心情, 我自從知道自己囡囡懷疑有咁問題後, 真係好擔心, 仲喊咗好多次, 尤其係望住佢咁天真可愛的笑面時, 好自責係咪自己的錯.....希望你BB最後都冇事啦! 記住通知我呀!

Katmami  

91#
發表於 05-5-10 09:14 |只看該作者

Hi Chr336,

u're welcomed! Just to share some information that I know to help others!

"I want to know for normal hearing, does it fall in 2-4 kHz and what means by 85dBnHL?"

--- First of all, there are two parameters described in the hearing test result, one is the frequencies (whether it’s a low or high pitch sound); another one is the intensity (how loud that sound is). In a hearing test, audiologist will try to test the freq range that is most important for our perception of speech, generally from 250 Hz to 8kHz (k = kilo = 1000; 8k means 8000) and then describe the softest intensity one can hear with each freq (with each ear). So the detail test results for a normal hearing person will look something like this:

ABR (or ERA) is not a detail hearing test and cannot plot you such a graph. What it tells you is the softest intensity sound level that can stimulate a “brain response” at the high freq region (2k – 4kHz), which is 85 dBnHL (dB is the unit to measure sound level; nHL = as compared to normal Hearing Level).

For a normal hearing person, he/ she shall be able to hear 25dBHL or softer for all the freq tested.

92#
發表於 05-5-10 09:26 |只看該作者

Chr336 寫道:
我的大仔(三歲)有自閉傾向,細仔(二個月)左耳有問題,簡直令我不知如何是好.都唔知細仔會唔會有自閉問題,如果早知大仔的問題,我就唔生第二個.

"ositive attitudes are the secrets of spirtual richness".
Look forward but not backward, step by step you will find your way. Your younger son's hearing really sounds not too bad, unplug one earphone and listen to your disc-man and you can try "experiencing" how he hears.

93#
發表於 05-5-10 09:39 |只看該作者

Hi 稚言治語,

Long time no see, how's your gathering with your audiologist friend?

I don't think we have any evidence on hearing problem leads to the autistic features. Rather, autistic kids sometimes are too sensible to some nonsense sounds, or just do not response to sound that they can "physiologically hear". So testing their hearing is really a big challenge!

"By the way, provided that the child is going to have problem is discriminating speech sound in noise as well as sound localization, is the HKSAR government gonna to issue him a hearing aid?"
--- Well, frankly speaking, fitting hearing aid on monolateral hearing loss person is another challenge (u asks me all the difficult questions!   ) The brain may or may not be able to integrate the two diff sounds: one is totally normal perception, another one is amplified and perceived by a impaired ear. Patients may report dizziness, headache, annoyed amplified sound etc. Of course there are succssful case too.
As far as I know, our govt issues one h/a for those who have two impaired ears, and zero to those who have one impaired ear (They may have loan h/a though)

94#
發表於 05-5-10 09:55 |只看該作者

Hi Katmami,

Good to see you here again!

Let me ask u some questions first:
1. how old is your baby?
2. do you concern about sedation? If u do it in private, you baby will be sedated for that test. And in case she fails, QM probably will still do the ABR in July to confirm and she will be sedated again.
3. u want me to pm u or email u? The info is in a word document and emailing seems more convinent....
4. If u want to do ASSR rather than ABR, it's more expensive and I think only one or two private settings in HK have it now. Some public hospital has it but may not be using it in the first testing of a baby. The adv of ASSR over ABR is that it gives you the hearing levels of more frequencies than ABR.

"如成因是sensory/neural問題, 是否通常兩耳都有問題的呢?"
--- Yes, as compared to conductive hearing loss (problem of outer or middle ear), we see more symmetrical pattern in sensorineural hearing loss. Of course there are exception, like chr336's baby.

95#
發表於 05-5-11 01:46 |只看該作者

"如成因是sensory/neural問題, 是否通常兩耳都有問題的呢?"
--- Yes, as compared to conductive hearing loss (problem of outer or middle ear), we see more symmetrical pattern in sensorineural hearing loss. Of course there are exception, like chr336's baby.

Actually, I still don't know what's the problem of my baby's left ear.  My baby will see the doctor in June, hope that the reason will be known (inner, middle or outer of the ear).

96#
發表於 05-5-11 01:55 |只看該作者

稚言治語,

Thanks, I've received the document.  It is very useful.

Chr336.

97#
發表於 05-5-11 09:32 |只看該作者

Actually, I still don't know what's the problem of my baby's left ear.  My baby will see the doctor in June, hope that the reason will be known (inner, middle or outer of the ear).

Oops... I made that statement too early , it's because pure conductive hearing loss cannot go down to 85 dBHL.

98#
發表於 05-5-11 13:38 |只看該作者

Hi, Shiba-Inu,

Thanks very much for your reply!

1. My baby girl is 3 months old;

2. Well....you're right, sedation is an important factor to be concerned, I really don't want my baby to be sedated twice... She's still too small...

3. Yesterday, I've visited a private ENT doctor with my baby and his comment was that --- the basic structure/condition of her outer ears are good enough-- no "water", not much earwax.... but there was no response from my baby while he tested her by clapping hands around her!.... Then that means the problem would most probably be the middle/inner parts of the ears... He also suggested us to wait until the test that will be done in July.... Because he believed that it would be enough for my baby at this stage.... But anyway, can I have the info for my reference...just in case....Could you please e-mail to:[email protected]

4. Since the ENT doctor also commented that we should wait for the test first, I think I'll not insist to do the test earlier in private clinic, I'll only try to give her as much stimulation as we could before the test.

How do you feel?

Katmami

99#
發表於 05-5-11 22:58 |只看該作者

Hi katmami,
你BB嘅情况同我子喬類似呀。

Hi Shiba_Inu,
想八一八, are u in USA ?
子喬仲等緊覆診攞hearing aids(政府嘅一般工作效率),攪攪吓又就快半歲了, 又担心又心急,想問吓有セ嘢已家好做呢?or 坊間有冇書籍有關類似BB case可介紹?

子喬媽上
子喬(兔仔B)

100#
發表於 05-5-11 23:40 |只看該作者

didn't show up here for a long time.  so surprised but sorry to see that a number of mama suddenly have similar problems.

although i am just a layman and cannot offer any help here, just wanna show my support towards u all, 子喬 ma, yanyan mama etc. 努力, 加油    

looking forward to hearing your news
‹ 上一主題|下一主題