發新帖
樓主: cowboy97
go

請比較SPCC及男拔 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-10-24 13:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 # 的文章

The comment is positive.

Every year DBS will publish two journals one in English and one in Chinese. The student 's English Level is as good as native English. Don't treat me wrong for everyone, some of them only.

My son is in Grade 8. We met the class master to discuss about the exam results. We suprised by my son's English result was 62, the Miss asked my son to leave first and explained to us that, most boys in DBS are very good in English, so the exam paper equivalent to F2-3 standard, so that they can distinguish the bandings of boys. The best above 75+ and they are equivalent to native English.

If you remember 2 yrs ago, a 10A student from DBS, he claimed that the HKCEE English standard just like DBS F2 standard. Now, I know he is not big mouth.

2#
發表於 08-11-2 18:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 hhma 於 08-10-24 15:32 發表
ANChan59
普通中文小學既小朋友, 上到去會好難追嗎?
要唔要補習?

My son came from Chinese speaking primary school, he has no problem at all and most student are ok. In case they are far behind, thye will be arranged in English split class for small class learning.

3#
發表於 08-11-2 18:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cowboy97 於 08-10-24 14:25 發表
ANChan59
可否講多一點DBS, 例如學校喜歡收那一類學生, 成績或課外活動有什麼要求, 學習生活, 會不會有些學生尊為幫學校拿獎而忽略學業(這是傳聞)?如果是事實, 學校會怎樣處理? ...

In the past, they aimed for 3 streams - Sports, Music and Academic excellence.

Now, most of students come from primary division and DPS, only 30 seats from other primary school, the competition is very keen. They will focus on the 3 streams, I suspect they will seek morefor talents in sports just in case the students from DPS and Primary Division not strong enough in Sports, vice versa.  Academic may not their primary concerns.

My son is only good at academic results and not for sports and music.

Some boys in school team need to practice alot no matter in sports and music. 3-4 hours per day, which definitely affect their academic results. According to my son's observation, most of them have scholarship.

Some students are good at everything is no problem. Some spent too much time in practices either in soprts or music, they may end up in split classes in G7-8 (F1-F2 in other school). They use small class teaching to assist them in their weakest subject, only have Chinese, English and Maths, three split classes.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題