教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IB vs GCSE exam
發新帖
樓主: NLai
go

IB vs GCSE exam [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-5-14 09:55 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-5-12 08:30 發表
don't try the new IB school as they have no historical record - I don't mean they are  bad but it is difficult for univerity to give a fair judgement...

Many people, if not all, know that the Diploma Program of IB is an all rounded curriculum. So the result of DP can reflect the quality of a student and help universities to make judgement. I guess the effect of 'historical record' is minimal.

2#
發表於 08-5-14 14:19 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 matthewdad 於 08-5-14 10:37 發表
Let vote for the order of preference of primary schools:

1. German Swiss/ESF  (have IBD only)
2. Victoria/Kingston/RC with PYP (primary school)
3. DBSPD/DGS/SPCC - local DSS
4. LS/MCS/MSS - no schoo ...

Let me elaborate. For example, three students, both Peter and Paul are from a renowned secondary school with decades of excellent history, and John from a two year old new school, all three of them sit for the same subjects in the same public exam. Results : Peter got ABC, Paul got ABD while John got ABC. Now they all apply for the same subject in the same university. I believe the university would choose Peter and John.
Why people would choose schools with 'good history', because there may be a chance to get good results but does not mean students from a new school will not have good results, therefore 'zero history' of a new shcool should not be a factor. On the other hand a new school needs time to build up reputation is true.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖