發新帖
查看: 2227|回覆: 1
go

銅鑼灣靈量堂好嗎?比d意見叮吖?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-9-20 16:08 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 銅鑼灣靈量堂好嗎?比d意見叮

I have a child studying in K3 of LLC.  
It is different from traditional kinders that kids are not in passive way of learning.  I took part in a class observation session last year and saw kids taking part in a group project on how to protect the egg from breaking.  The kids are given the freedom to organize their team, choose the materials and wrap up the egg in their way.  They finally had to come out and show to the class if their project is successful - by dropping the wrapped egg and see if it was broken.  The teacher's role was to observe the kids' behaviour and wrote reports.  The kids were not assessed by written test or examinations, but assessments and that is why in-class reporting is necessary.

So far I am thankful to LLC and I agree to their way of education.  I do not want to put boundaries on development of my kids by pushing to be purely a words writer and memorizer.  At this age, kids should be equipped with a bunch of foundation skills like social skill, expression, better development of small and big motor movement, EQ, etc.  My daughter has changed from an extremely shy to a confident girl over the years in LLC.  She is much more inquistic and confident because she feel she is able to manage life.  She has her own judgements on many things in daily life and is confident to tell us what she thinks politely.

I heard from a parent of her classmate who didn't choose True Light was the teacher said this in this to her daughter in the interview, "Em, I like you because you listen to me and will do what I have told you."  The parent told me she doen't want her daughter to grown up in that way.  The next generation should be given enough room for their development.  Why should they be submissive and will just do what others told them?

On whether choosing LLC or not, the most important consideration may be - what do you want for your kids.  To make the appropriate decision, parents should understand your needs, the kids' needs, the latest trend in education development nowadays and what are the challenges ahead for kids.  What kind of kids could success in the next century?  It is quite a personal decision that only you could make for your kids.

2#
發表於 06-9-20 16:31 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 銅鑼灣靈量堂好嗎?比d意見叮

Sure you should.

You know what.  I was so lazy.  I intend to drop LLC and not going to the interview since one of the kinders has accepted my girl.  It was my husband who encouraged me to go and have a look.  But I changed view after entering LLC.  For me, I was impressed by the interactive way of teaching and the true love and care of the principal.  But different people have different opinions.  

I was also mo cha cha when I apply kindergarten for my girl 3 yrs ago.  But I then became clearer and was feeling lucky on making the right choice.

Good Luck!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題