Re: 銅鑼灣靈量堂好嗎?比d意見叮吖??

有其他選擇嗎?如準備報名的話,可考慮其他如真光,聖保錄,這兩間都有小學直升!

3#
發表於 06-8-28 22:29 |只看該作者

4#
發表於 06-9-19 22:34 |只看該作者

Re: 銅鑼灣靈量堂好嗎?比d意見叮

If I were you, I will not consider this kindergarden.  

醒目開學勳章

5#
發表於 06-9-19 22:51 |只看該作者

longBB,

why??  

6#
發表於 06-9-19 23:29 |只看該作者

if you have time, I think you need to visit this kindergarden. And pay attention of the enviroment. Their playground face to a kicthen and some building. Many hot air come out from the air condition of the building.It is no good for the kids playing in the playground.

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 06-9-20 00:23 |只看該作者

好彩你提醒我,因為我要湊住個NB bb,所以都冇時間site visit

8#
發表於 06-9-20 09:48 |只看該作者

未報名的就要三思,出面有更多更多好的選擇!

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

9#
發表於 06-9-20 10:47 |只看該作者

我今年會幫仔仔報k1, 不過even我心儀港大同學會小學(通常一年都收十幾個靈糧堂), 我都唔會consider呢間幼稚園

10#
發表於 06-9-20 11:18 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 06-9-20 12:54 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom,

點解呢?我就話讀過,你呢?

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

12#
發表於 06-9-20 13:09 |只看該作者

我未讀過, 不過識得幾個人不約而同k2轉校......
朋友FEEDBACK最常見問題: 一班太多人,  老師照顧唔到, either只顧到最叻/最唔掂果d, or因為要照顧大圍, 請最叻/最唔掂果d自求多福
仲有, 雖然學校俾好多空間小朋友自由發揮, 不過, 一般傳統學校就唔太buy...

13#
發表於 06-9-20 14:41 |只看該作者

I agree! my friend is a playgroup teacher, she told me that the teachers of LLC are very busy everyday in the three hours lesson, they need to write the students' report in the class, lot of paper work, so they have no time to take care of the kids.

14#
發表於 06-9-20 15:35 |只看該作者

咁係咪即係其他分校既情況都一樣

15#
發表於 06-9-20 15:47 |只看該作者

16#
發表於 06-9-20 16:08 |只看該作者

I have a child studying in K3 of LLC.  
It is different from traditional kinders that kids are not in passive way of learning.  I took part in a class observation session last year and saw kids taking part in a group project on how to protect the egg from breaking.  The kids are given the freedom to organize their team, choose the materials and wrap up the egg in their way.  They finally had to come out and show to the class if their project is successful - by dropping the wrapped egg and see if it was broken.  The teacher's role was to observe the kids' behaviour and wrote reports.  The kids were not assessed by written test or examinations, but assessments and that is why in-class reporting is necessary.

So far I am thankful to LLC and I agree to their way of education.  I do not want to put boundaries on development of my kids by pushing to be purely a words writer and memorizer.  At this age, kids should be equipped with a bunch of foundation skills like social skill, expression, better development of small and big motor movement, EQ, etc.  My daughter has changed from an extremely shy to a confident girl over the years in LLC.  She is much more inquistic and confident because she feel she is able to manage life.  She has her own judgements on many things in daily life and is confident to tell us what she thinks politely.

I heard from a parent of her classmate who didn't choose True Light was the teacher said this in this to her daughter in the interview, "Em, I like you because you listen to me and will do what I have told you."  The parent told me she doen't want her daughter to grown up in that way.  The next generation should be given enough room for their development.  Why should they be submissive and will just do what others told them?

On whether choosing LLC or not, the most important consideration may be - what do you want for your kids.  To make the appropriate decision, parents should understand your needs, the kids' needs, the latest trend in education development nowadays and what are the challenges ahead for kids.  What kind of kids could success in the next century?  It is quite a personal decision that only you could make for your kids.

17#
發表於 06-9-20 16:21 |只看該作者

18#
發表於 06-9-20 16:31 |只看該作者

Sure you should.

You know what.  I was so lazy.  I intend to drop LLC and not going to the interview since one of the kinders has accepted my girl.  It was my husband who encouraged me to go and have a look.  But I changed view after entering LLC.  For me, I was impressed by the interactive way of teaching and the true love and care of the principal.  But different people have different opinions.  

I was also mo cha cha when I apply kindergarten for my girl 3 yrs ago.  But I then became clearer and was feeling lucky on making the right choice.

Good Luck!

19#
發表於 06-9-20 16:40 |只看該作者

chuchumui,

Thanks for your sharing!

"I do not want to put boundaries on development of my kids by pushing to be purely a words writer and memorizer. The next generation should be given enough room for their development. Why should they be submissive and will just do what others told them?" -- 呢個正正就係我既想法,我地亦係朝住呢個方向教亞仔!但有時又會受到其他人既說法影響,變得心大心細...睇完妳既分享,好似幫我打左支強心針!Thanks again!

20#
發表於 06-9-21 12:53 |只看該作者

Same as chuchumui's daughter, my elder son is also studying K3 in LLC.  

I understand that the curriculum is a bit ‘easier’ as compared with the other kindergarten. But on the whole, I am grateful that my son is studying here and I am planning to enroll my younger son as well.  

Each parent may look for different qualities.  For us, we prefer an activity-based school where my son would learn happily, develop self-confidence, sense of curiosity and creativity, a reading habit as well as a loving heart.  So far, LLC could achieve what I have expected.  

Regarding the teachers, yes, they seem to have a lot of paper work as they would produce detailed ‘behavior’ report about the kids’ performance at the end of each semester.  Yet, they are caring, detail-minded and patient with the kids.  There are 3 teachers in each class to take care of around 37 students.  Of course, not every teacher treats the kids in the same way, but isn’t it a normal situation in any school anyway?

Furthermore, the maids as well as the school-bus drivers treat the kids well.  Whenever my son sees the school-bus on the road, he would happily wave hello to the driver and tell me what his name is.

So, I believe my son is learning happily in LLC and I am thankful to my God for such a happy learning experience.  Not sure what would happen after he is promoted to P1 next academic year....
a mother of two happy boys
‹ 上一主題|下一主題