教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF 08/09 Year 2
發新帖
查看: 2559|回覆: 15
go

ESF 08/09 Year 2 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-8-23 09:35 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear Parent,

My girl was born in 2002. And I would like to apply year 2 for her in ESF Beacon hill campus. Do you think there will be a bigger chance for applying year 2 instead of 1?

I called the school yesterday, and she told me that I can hand in the form anytime cause my target is to applying year 2 on 2008/09.

Any experience parent can share with me, when is the best time to hand in the form? Now? or in the mid of next year?

I would like to give some training to my girl before I hand in the form-just in case ESF call us for interview all in a sudden.

Hope to hear from you and have a nice day.
Thank you in advance
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-8-23 10:09 |只看該作者
你的女兒如果在08/09入讀,應該申請P2,但插班机會很微,因為很多已排隊中,所以佢地接受任何時間"申請",但机會會先給予同校轉區生(EFSgroup),海外工作移民等等...如果机會大,就應該申請P1'
雖然in P1 佢地都係先收EFSgroup and Overseas的小朋友,但机會大 and 有後補,而家佢地剛開學 20-25Aug,有D家長等緊P1後補,你想appply Beacon Hill 你住的地方是否在其校綱?

原文章由 achow 於 07-8-23 09:35 發表
Dear Parent,

My girl was born in 2002. And I would like to apply year 2 for her in ESF Beacon hill campus. Do you think there will be a bigger chance for applying year 2 instead of 1?

I cal ...

3#
發表於 07-8-23 11:29 |只看該作者
Dear Lun Mei Wah,

Thank you for your information. Yes, I just live next to Beacon hill ESF school.
I knew is hard to get in. If I can, that's OK, if cannot, I will still go to apply Choi Kai Yau for my daughter. So that my son and daughter can go to the same school. But according CKY is not cheap at all, to save the transportation fee, therefore we plan to send my girl to ESF Beacon hill-same budget.

原文章由 LunMeiWah 於 07-8-23 10:09 發表
你的女兒如果在08/09入讀,應該申請P2,但插班机會很微,因為很多已排隊中,所以佢地接受任何時間"申請",但机會會先給予同校轉區生(EFSgroup),海外工作移民等等...如果机會大,就應該申請P1'
雖然in P1 佢地都係先收 ...

4#
發表於 07-8-23 13:23 |只看該作者
we applied ESF 2 years ago for P1 and no news at all....only waiting list. But really in sudden received a call for interview for P2 this year. So we went and my girl did get admitted. She is now at ESF P2 .

The interview as she said was just free talk to the principal/teacher, then read a book to the teacher, write and draw something (she has been asked: what do you like to do in weekends). That's all. Nothing to be prepared.

5#
發表於 07-8-23 13:34 |只看該作者
Dear AAA-Mom,

Thank you. Is really help. So may I know where did your kid studied last year?

原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-23 13:23 發表
we applied ESF 2 years ago for P1 and no news at all....only waiting list. But really in sudden received a call for interview for P2 this year. So we went and my girl did get admitted. She is now ...

6#
發表於 07-8-23 16:39 |只看該作者
we applied ESF 2 years ago for P1 and no news at all....only waiting list. But really in sudden received a call for interview for P2 this year. So we went and my girl did get admitted. She is now ...

hi AAA-Mom,

Congratulation.  Your daughter studied in IS kin. or bilingual kin. before?  Any preparations before interview? e.g. extra english course to child.  Thanks for your kind sharing.

7#
發表於 07-8-23 22:44 |只看該作者
AAA-Mom,

So happy to hear that your girl got admitted into ESF P2 this year.  This is a good news to me since my girl got the similar situation.  We submitted our application for P1 last year but still have no chance for any interview:cry: .  Hope that she can have a chance to study P2 in ESF after she completes her K3 this coming school year!  

By the way, would you mind to tell which ESF your girl's going to study?  When did they call you for interview (around what month)?  Was the interview conducted a few days after they called you?  Was the result available in about 1 week only (that's what I heard).

Sorry for so many questions and appreciated if you could share your experience.

Thanks!

[ 本文章最後由 hellokids 於 07-8-23 22:57 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 07-8-26 23:26 |只看該作者
Dear achow, yau_cheung and hellokids,

My girl goes to Shatin Junior now at P2. Yes she was in int'l kinder and also went to another good IS for reception and P1.

We sent in application 2 years ago but since we are the lowest category (local chinese, no foreign passport, no sibling,not from ESF kinder). So we even had no chance to interview. And waiting list at SJS is really long....

But sudden in last 2 week we received a call from SJS and offer my girl an interview. Actually my girl is doing well at the other IS and I wonder shall we change or not..but when consider also secondary school and we made a decision to action. We went for the interview without any preparation because I think there are no modle answers and I don't want to put pressure to my girl. On that day there were about 8-10 students went for the interview. My girl got admitted right away after the interview. I heard at least 3-4 students also got admitted right away. They are all studying at others (IS)  before going to SJS.

I believe once you are on the waiting list and should there any places available, the school will call up students on the list for interview. I think in IS (most of the IS) places available at each grade since some families will leave HK all the times.  So don't worry.

I am so glad my girl likes the school very much and I hope she will have a happy childhood at SJS.

By the way, which school are you guys applying to?

9#
發表於 07-8-27 00:00 |只看該作者
,恭喜!!!!
My girl study in KJS at P4 ,and she told me that
only "ONE" 新生 in her class.

原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-26 23:26 硐表

My girl goes to Shatin Junior now at P2. Yes she was in int'l kinder and also went to another good IS for reception and P1.

We sent in application 2 years ago  ...

10#
發表於 07-8-27 09:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-26 23:26 硐表

We sent in application 2 years ago  ...

hello AAA-Mom,

My boy born in 2003 and he’ll apply Kennedy School 2008/09 year 1.
I’m very nervous because our case is the same - we are the lowest category (local chinese, no foreign passport, no sibling, not from ESF kinder).

I hope he has an interview chance.

Yau_CheungMum

11#
發表於 07-8-27 10:30 |只看該作者
My daughter said she has one new classmate this year. She is in Yr3 (ESF-CWBS). The new classmate (western girl) just came from New York.

12#
發表於 07-8-31 10:28 |只看該作者

ESF Beacon hill

Dear Parent,

Actually my girl was studying in St Johannes Kindergarten, it was not an IS school, but English subject was not easy at all.

I would like to apply ESF Beacon hill year 2 for her in the year 2008 cause we just live near by. What if she holding a Canadian passport, is there any advantage?

Thank you for sharing

13#
發表於 07-8-31 16:21 |只看該作者
Dear all,

Don't be too nervous. Take it easy. There're  always chance to get in even our children are in the lowest piority group becasuse some foreigners will leave HK sometimes.

My son is in ESF (QBS) year 1. He is also in the lowest piority group. However, he was invited to attend the interview this Feb and was admitted.

He studied in an international kinder. Nothing was prepared, except a completed application form was submitted on the last day for submission.

In the interview, 7 children were led to another classroom. All parents waited in the reception. My son was asked where he lived and to draw a picture about the things he liked and told the interviewer what it was. (My son drew a fire-engine, his favourite toy at that time.)

As far as I know, at least 3 kindergarten classmates of my son, who were admitted by the school with deposit paid dropped out already.

Good Luck.

[ 本文章最後由 mo777777 於 07-8-31 16:33 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 07-9-1 17:24 |只看該作者
原文章由 AAA-Mom 於 07-8-23 13:23 硐表
we applied ESF 2 years ago for P1 and no news at all....only waiting list. But really in sudden received a call for interview for P2 this year. So we went and my girl did get admitted. She is now at E ...

Dear AAA-mom,

May I know when you receive a phone call asking for an interview for your daughter.  Was it in July?

I remember I met some of the parents on that day when my child was attending an interview.  

I knew that you daughter was already studying there on 21st August.  Already 2 weeks?  How is she going on?   Any homework for this month or just reading books?  Which class is she studying at?  

Cheers,
dkm

15#
發表於 07-9-2 00:09 |只看該作者

EFS Vs EFS PIS

EFS or EFS PIS - which one is better?  If I accept the EFS offer, can I still keep my waiting list in EFS PIS?

16#
發表於 07-9-2 20:35 |只看該作者
AAA-mom,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for replying you so late (since I haven't got into this page for a while).  My girl is on the waiting list of QBS!

achow,

I don't think a Canadian passport helps since my girl is a Canadian passport holder as well and we're also ranked the lowest priority.  Anyway, let's keep it up!

[ 本文章最後由 hellokids 於 07-9-2 20:37 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題