1#
發表於 07-12-4 13:21 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
有無小朋友讀緊/08年會讀St. Catherine 英普班 ? 分享吓.

我的仔仔出年讀, 我打電話去SC,佢地話上課時50%英文50%普通話.
但人地話英粵班每天只有一堂英文上,即係英普班接觸英文機會較多?
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 07-12-4 14:59 |只看該作者
St Cat only offers K1-K3 classes at this moment.

原文章由 mua03hmy 於 07-12-4 14:39 發表
Any PN 英普班 at St Cat?

3#
發表於 07-12-5 03:41 |只看該作者
Hello,
My son will study in St Cath. (eng & mand class) pm in coming Sept in Norfolk Road Campus.
Yes, of course.In this class the child only taught by English or mandarin teacher and no Cantonese.This is a main reason for me to choose this school.And it is worthwhile for me to travel long distance to have schooling for my son.
If there is just (eng & Chi) class,I would consider it lar.
Because there are many international kindergarten within my living place and those are qualifeied and in good standard,but not famous for entering to private primary school.
But anyway, I like the ENG & MANDARIN class very much for my son as he just can speak english and mandarin at this moment.
原文章由 bbiloveu 於 07-12-4 13:21 發表
有無小朋友讀緊/08年會讀St. Catherine 英普班 ? 分享吓.

我的仔仔出年讀, 我打電話去SC,佢地話上課時50%英文50%普通話.
但人地話英粵班每天只有一堂英文上,即係英普班接觸英文機會較多? ...

4#
發表於 07-12-5 11:40 |只看該作者
Hi, amanda030209,

nice to meet you!
my daughter also got the offer of Eng / PTG, PM in Norfork Road Campus.
Yes, I'm also keen on getting Eng / PTG medium for my daughter's school.
Very lucky that she got the offer.
let's talk later.

leelilili

原文章由 amanda030209 於 07-12-5 03:41 發表
Hello,
My son will study in St Cath. (eng & mand class) pm in coming Sept in Norfolk Road Campus.
Yes, of course.In this class the child only taught by English or mandarin teacher and no Cantonese.Thi ...

5#
發表於 07-12-5 12:08 |只看該作者
Hi there,

Nice to meet you ...My daugther will be student of Eng / PTG, AM in Norfork Road Campus. I heard that the class will keep both the mandarin and the english teacher  in one class along the 3 years of studying...which is different from the Cant/Eng which only have one canotonese teacher from K2-K3 and the English teacher will only be there for one session each day...am i right?

原文章由 leelilili 於 07-12-5 11:40 發表
Hi, amanda030209,

nice to meet you!
my daughter also got the offer of Eng / PTG, PM in Norfork Road Campus.
Yes, I'm also keen on getting Eng / PTG medium for my daughter's school.
Very lucky that sh ...

6#
發表於 07-12-5 12:38 |只看該作者
really???
I heard from K2 onwards, the English teacher will be shared with another class.
We might need info from existing Eng / PTG classes parents.
Cheers.

原文章由 MaryBloom 於 07-12-5 12:08 發表
Hi there,

Nice to meet you ...My daugther will be student of Eng / PTG, AM in Norfork Road Campus. I heard that the class will keep both the mandarin and the english teacher  in one class along the 3 ...

7#
發表於 07-12-5 20:53 |只看該作者
Just got update info again from a parent whose daugther studying Eng/Cant...The Eng/Ptg class's actually same as Eng/Cant.... ie. the english teacher is shared with other classes.

原文章由 leelilili 於 07-12-5 12:38 發表
really???
I heard from K2 onwards, the English teacher will be shared with another class.
We might need info from existing Eng / PTG classes parents.
Cheers.

8#
發表於 07-12-6 07:51 |只看該作者
MaryBloom,Leelilili,

Hi, Nice to meet you too!
my son also got the offer of Eng / PTG p.m. class in Norfork Road Campus.

I also feel very happy, but a little bit worry about his speaking and listerning mandarian ability as we never talk to him in Mandarian.  He may not understanad the teacher at the beginning.

9#
發表於 07-12-6 08:39 |只看該作者
Don't worry.  It only takes a kid two week's
time to adjust.  Everything will be fine afterwards.

原文章由 bbiloveu 於 07-12-6 07:51 發表
MaryBloom,Leelilili,

Hi, Nice to meet you too!
my son also got the offer of Eng / PTG p.m. class in Norfork Road Campus.

I also feel very happy, but a little bit worry about his speaking and listern ...

10#
發表於 07-12-6 08:55 |只看該作者
Hi, my daughter is also admitted to the Norford Road Campus (PM) ENG/PTH class. Nice to meet you.

11#
發表於 07-12-7 00:26 |只看該作者
Nice to chat with all of you.  My son is a 'little boy' when enter K1.  I want to let him join Putonghua playgroup before he go to school, any recommendation? Very difficult to find a Mandarian playgroup for 2 yrs old kid.

12#
發表於 07-12-7 10:14 |只看該作者
bbiloveu and alls,

so nice to meet you all here.
I'm also very happy about the offer from St Cat of PTG / ENG.

that's ok if the Eng teacher will be shared from K2. it's the normal arrangement in St Cat amongst those Eng / Cat classes.  At least our kids will be taught in PTG more. It should be ok since we're employing Eng at home.  My daughter rather lazy in speaking PTG to us. She could only tell us some terms or names of objects. Hopefully, by finishing this year of prenusery and the upcoming K1-3 of Eng /PTG classes. She'll be more willing to speak PTG.

For Mandarin playgroup, you could try to call up, Little Dynamic - 21553900 in CWB and see whether they've playgroup for 2 yrs old. My daughter attended their Eng playgroup when she was 1 year old. I also heard their PTG teachers are very good.

I'm still waiting the results from Keenmind and HKPS, but most probably I'll attend St Cat. FYI, I'm an early childhood Math teacher and I've students from several well-known kindergartens in Kln Tong. To me, the expectation from kinder curriculum is nurture the kids' learning initiative, self-confidence and good Eng / Chi proficiency. For Eng, the most important thing is comprehensive in covering oral and reading. St Cat, Keenmind and HKPS can deliver all above requirements,...so it might be quite difficult for me to choose if I'm lucky to get offers from Keenmind and HKPS.

Good luck to alls and keep in touch.

原文章由 bbiloveu 於 07-12-7 00:26 發表
Nice to chat with all of you.  My son is a 'little boy' when enter K1.  I want to let him join Putonghua playgroup before he go to school, any recommendation? Very difficult to find a Mandarian playgr ...

13#
發表於 07-12-10 10:58 |只看該作者
hi amanda030209 & leelilili,

Nice to meet you both, our kids will be in Norfork pm Eng / PTH classes.  My daughter is a small (Oct) girl.  As my mom-IL and my ah yee (main caretaker of Sherise), can't speak much Eng, we prefer they speark pure Canto to her.  & we were bit worry about mixing up the languages before she turned 2, and we ourselves didn't talk to her in Eng nor PTH.  She does watch Barney DVDs and listen to Eng songs, not sure how much she can pick up.  I'm bit worry now, cos with pure Canto, she won't understand both teachers.  
Hope you can share your experience, as u speak to your kids in pure Eng, how about the older generation?  They all speak to her in Eng?

Sherise mama

14#
發表於 07-12-10 11:42 |只看該作者
My hubby and myself speak 100% English to my daughter since she was born.  But we two speak in Cantonese to each other, so do other people around us, like grand-parents or others in the park, market,...
Since Sept (14 weeks ago), she started her PTG / ENG pre-nursery class and started to understand PTG.
Now, my daughter is able to understand both English and Cantonese and some PTG, but she'll speak English at the first place when people talk to her in Eng / Cantonese / PTG. She's just not familiar with languages other than Eng and got limited vacabularies in Can / PTG.
We're trying to teach her more vacabularies in Cantonese and PTG now, no confusion since she's big enough to understand different kinds of language now. By doing this, we hope she'll be more comfortable to express herself in Can and PTG soon.

Cheers.

leelilili
原文章由 sherisecheung 於 07-12-10 10:58 發表
hi amanda030209 & leelilili,

Nice to meet you both, our kids will be in Norfork pm Eng / PTH classes.  My daughter is a small (Oct) girl.  As my mom-IL and my ah yee (main caretaker of Sherise), can ...

15#
發表於 07-12-11 02:42 |只看該作者
My girl is studying K1 Eng/Put.pm class. It is no need to worry about the kid doesn't know any  Putonghua, my girl gets to the environment about 1 month and starts talking to me in Putonghua in about 2 months. She is a small girl so I really admire that she adapts quite well.

For my girl's classroom, there has a screen door in between it (I think it will be like in K2,K3) that most of the time the door will be opened and the English teacher will talk to the whole full class (2 classes)e.g. story telling etc. and in other times, the door will close so she will concentrate teaching individual class.

16#
發表於 07-12-12 16:58 |只看該作者
St. Cat's Eng/PTH's classes only form in 2005. It was a result to response to the market. Obviously, their traditional Eng/Cantonese classes are more welly established.

17#
發表於 07-12-31 22:32 |只看該作者
我個女讀緊‥根據開學前的適應日(家長可陪同上課)所觀察,課室的時間表顯示即使是英普班,每日都只有20分鐘的英文堂,太小了!不過囡囡的普通話就真的突飛猛進,由完全唔識到現在日日同我用普通話溝通,我?肯定水過佢囉!

18#
發表於 08-1-2 10:24 |只看該作者
Thanks, SnoopyQueen,

that's why I keep English as the only medium when I talk to my daughter and it's very natural for my girl to think and response in English also.  Hope it'll help her to balance amongst the curriculum in St Cat, Eng/ PTG.

To be frank, I don't worry too much for the English standard of St Cat's curriculum. I know a lot of St Cat Graduates, most of them aquir with above average English comprehension / listening / oral capability.  And, to me, it should be good enough.

Cheers.

leelilili
原文章由 SnoopyQueen 於 07-12-31 22:32 發表
我個女讀緊‥根據開學前的適應日(家長可陪同上課)所觀察,課室的時間表顯示即使是英普班,每日都只有20分鐘的英文堂,太小了!不過囡囡的普通話就真的突飛猛進,由完全唔識到現在日日同我用普通話溝通,我?肯定水過佢囉! ...

19#
發表於 08-1-21 10:35 |只看該作者
其實我都有擔心的:囡囡現用普通話學中文,若將來她升上小一不是用普通話教中文的話,她豈不是唔識讀、唔識默,又要由頭教過?

20#
發表於 08-2-18 15:01 |只看該作者
請問宜家學費幾多錢 ?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題