搜索
發新帖
查看: 1923|回覆: 7
go

Homework !!!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-2-28 08:33 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印

Dear parents

I am very interested in sending my kids to st. francis . Can anyone share with me the quality of homework ?  My friends scare me and say their kids have to spend 4 hrs in doing homework everyday, therefore no weekend family outing.  

My kid is studying in a billingual kinder in kln tong. I did an iQ test for her recently and she score 125 .  Her talent is in maths and english.   Her english is a little better than chinese both speaking an writing.  But she does not like writing chinese very very much.   

I want to pick a good primary school for her.  I hope you can share with your experience and your view.  Both CKY , Kln tong school and st. francis accepted her.   Among these school, i like st. francis better. But my husand like cky as he said we don't need to trouble to push her to do homwork..    pls share with me !!!!! worry mum !!!
   0    0    0    0
Ewong

2#
發表於 08-2-28 10:41 |只看該作者
原文章由 Ewongmum 於 08-2-28 08:33 發表

Dear parents

I am very interested in sending my kids to st. francis . Can anyone share with me the quality of homework ?  My friends scare me and say their kids have to spend 4 hr ...

CKY and SFA have very different teaching methods. Both are good schools. You have to know what you and your husband want and which teaching method suits your child. I think it depends on the personality of your child and the support you or your husband could give her.

For the homework, some children need more time to do the same piece of work. Every child is different.

For my child (he is in Primary 2), the workload is not much. Like yesterday, he had only 2 pieces of work and he finished them during lunch time at school. This year, they have 3-4 pieces of HW on average and the highest no. of HW per day is 7. He usually takes 1-2 hours to finish his homework.

Hope the above information could help you.
只有眼睛最真

3#
發表於 08-2-28 14:14 |只看該作者
原文章由 hoho2000 於 08-2-28 10:41 發表

CKY and SFA have very different teaching methods. Both are good schools. You have to know what you and your husband want and which teaching method suits your child. I think it depends on the persona ...

thank you for your sharing.   Are the teachers there very nice and supportive.  How much is your aver. monthly spending for the ex - currulums ?     tks again.
Ewong

4#
發表於 08-3-13 13:43 |只看該作者
What is CKY?

5#
發表於 08-3-13 13:49 |只看該作者
原文章由 scac 於 08-3-13 13:43 發表
What is CKY?

保良局蔡繼有學校
Ewong

6#
發表於 08-4-6 23:21 |只看該作者
如果小朋友在英文及數學方面有咁好潛能,sfa 會俾到好好嘅訓練,但係中文唔夠好,都有難度,因為sfa 不只著重英數仲有中文,我仔班中有個同學,英文好好(直情似mother tongue)但中文差d唔合格,平均分亦拉得好抵,結果只考廿名左右.況且,sfa會用普通話教中文,你要看女兒是否適合.

原文章由 Ewongmum 於 08-3-13 13:49 發表

保良局蔡繼有學校

7#
發表於 08-4-7 16:46 |只看該作者
原文章由 珠仔 於 08-4-6 23:21 發表
如果小朋友在英文及數學方面有咁好潛能,sfa 會俾到好好嘅訓練,但係中文唔夠好,都有難度,因為sfa 不只著重英數仲有中文,我仔班中有個同學,英文好好(直情似mother tongue)但中文差d唔合格,平均分亦拉得好抵,結果只考廿名左右.況且,s ...

thanks for your sharing.   Her Chinese is ok, but English  and Maths are excellent .     

How is the homework quality  ? Are there many exams and tests ?  How is the students' disciplines ? tks again
Ewong

8#
發表於 08-4-10 00:34 |只看該作者
學生紀律方面, 以我所見, 都非常好, 學生家長們都有禮貌, 至於考試, 一年三次, 中間仲有測驗, 我認為sfa 係一間好負責任嘅學校, 校方會為同學在考試前利用大測溫好範圍, 簡接幫學生溫書, 學生到考試時會輕鬆d, 以我兒子的情況來說, 都管理得唔錯. 只要佢上堂有聽書, 明白老師嘅要求, 在家又認真做好功課和溫書, 考試都唔差得去邊 --  

原文章由 Ewongmum 於 08-4-7 16:46 發表

thanks for your sharing.   Her Chinese is ok, but English  and Maths are excellent .     

How is the homework quality  ? Are there many exams and tests ?  How is the students' disciplines ? tks ag ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題