1#
發表於 08-3-14 17:17 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is going to have interview in SJS in April, Please share your experience
Thanks
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-15 10:28 |只看該作者

Shatin junior school interview

My son is accepted by SJS in the 1st round of interview in Jan 08.  

The interview is processed in group of approx 6 kids and sorry, I don't know exactly what they did in the interview room.  However, suggest to arrive the school 1 hour earlier so as to enable the kids warm up  especially with those with the same time slot.

3#
發表於 08-3-17 16:05 |只看該作者
Dear chuchuma,

Thanks a lot for your information. Is your son going to study in JSJ? I was surprised that they call my son for interview.

4#
發表於 08-3-18 10:54 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 Tonyhildamum 的文章

Dear Tonyhildamum,

Yes, my son will join SJS in the coming acaedemic year.

As far as I know, there were several students from Tsing Yi Kinder failed in the interview and therefore some places opened for the 2nd interview.

FYI, if the kids failed in the interview, their parents would be asked to stay right after the interview and being informed of the bad news.

So good luck to you and your kid.

5#
發表於 08-3-18 17:09 |只看該作者
According to your information, some Tsing Yi students got the most advantage but also cannot pass the interview.
It is a dilemma to choose school with priority but lower standard. Interview is uncontrollable.

What do you feel?

原文章由 chuchuma 於 08-3-18 10:54 發表
Dear Tonyhildamum,

Yes, my son will join SJS in the coming acaedemic year.

As far as I know, there were several students from Tsing Yi Kinder failed in the interview and therefore some places opened ...

6#
發表於 08-3-19 09:36 |只看該作者

回覆 #5 play 的文章

Yes, agreed.  Interviews depends on luck.

However, some strategies may help ie my son is so quiet and shy in front of the strangers, then I placed him in the ESF English Program which held in SJS on Saturdays for 2 terms, I think it may help him a little bit.

7#
發表於 08-3-19 15:55 |只看該作者
Dear chuchuma,

I agree with you. Interview depends on luck. May i know which kindergarten that you son are studying? Do you know something about chinese lesson. Is standard chinese or simplifed chinese character will be taught in SJS?

8#
發表於 08-3-19 16:53 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 Tonyhildamum 的文章

My son is studying in ESF Tsing Yi Kindergarten.

I have not much info about their Chinese Lesson and how frequency it will be.  As far as I know, SJS is teaching the simplied Chinese.

9#
發表於 08-4-12 14:46 |只看該作者
Do you know is it difficult to have a chance for interview if my kid is not studing in ESF kindergarten?  (We are Chinese)
Anyone without 1st priorty can get an interview?
Please share!

10#
發表於 08-4-14 01:28 |只看該作者
Chuchuma,

I'm planning to have my daughter to study in TsingYi ESF kindy, may I know if it is difficult to get into??  Competition is keen?? Any preparatory work (playgroups, social works or whatsoever) I have to show to the school in order to get a kindy place in Tsing Yi??

原文章由 babyhappy 於 08-4-12 14:46 發表
Do you know is it difficult to have a chance for interview if my kid is not studing in ESF kindergarten?  (We are Chinese)
Please share!

11#
發表於 08-4-14 09:07 |只看該作者

Hi super8,

It is not difficult to get a place in ESF TY, they just accepted the application on first come first serve basis.   Thus, no need to provide any profile to support your application.

Don't worry, just submit your application according to their schedule.

原文章由 super8 於 08-4-14 01:28 發表
Chuchuma,

I'm planning to have my daughter to study in TsingYi ESF kindy, may I know if it is difficult to get into??  Competition is keen?? Any preparatory work (playgroups, social works or whatsoev ...

12#
發表於 08-4-14 09:11 |只看該作者

hHi babyhappy,

sorry, I have no idea whether it is difficult to get the chance for interview if your kid is studying in other kinder, i think it may depends on your kinder's connection with the ESF Primary schools.  

原文章由 babyhappy 於 08-4-12 14:46 發表
Please share!

13#
發表於 08-4-14 14:51 |只看該作者
This year (For Sept 2008 K1), ESF (tsing Yi) recieved over 300 applications, but there are only 160 places. They will conduct a lucky draw, so all depends on the luck.

My child cannot be offered place until now. The staff said the chance is less.

原文章由 chuchuma 於 08-4-14 09:07 發表
Hi super8,

It is not difficult to get a place in ESF TY, they just accepted the application on first come first serve basis.   Thus, no need to provide any profile to support your application.

Don't ...

14#
發表於 08-4-14 22:42 |只看該作者
原文章由 play 於 08-4-14 14:51 發表
This year (For Sept 2008 K1), ESF (tsing Yi) recieved over 300 applications, but there are only 160 places. They will conduct a lucky draw, so all depends on the luck.

My child cannot be offered plac ...

Can anybody tell me if it is necessary for a child to study in ESF (tsing yi ) kinder  inorder to be admitted to ESF primary schools? Is there any other ESF kinder other than Tsing Yi? I don't want my child to travel too much at such a young age. Thanks!

15#
發表於 08-4-15 13:17 |只看該作者
I also want to know.
According to data, 160 guaduate from ESF kinder fills in Shatin J (150), Beacon Hill (90), Kowloon J (150) place.

But the sibling, foreign child, etc has got the proity.

So you do not the chance.

原文章由 mienmien 於 08-4-14 22:42 發表

Can anybody tell me if it is necessary for a child to study in ESF (tsing yi ) kinder  inorder to be admitted to ESF primary schools? Is there any other ESF kinder other than Tsing Yi? I don't want  ...

16#
發表於 08-4-30 14:07 |只看該作者
Hi Chuchumum,

You have mentioned that your kid attend the English Program held in SJS for 2 terms before the interview, I am interested to know more about this program. Can you tell me more so that I could also bring my kids there? My kids are going to TY K1 after summer holiday. Thanks a lot.

17#
發表於 08-4-30 18:02 |只看該作者

Shy and quiet

Chuchuma, 看到CHUCHUMA説児子的性格、CHUCHUMA用了SHY & QUIET来形容。其実父母有時在不知不覚中用了這類比較負面的形容詞是不好的。 小孩子不応太早標簽吧!我不是教訓CHUCHUMA,其実我的女児也有同様問題、当初我也用SHY去形容她、後来她自己也用SHY来形容自己、我才発覚我錯了。 因給她点時間適応、她便肯開始説話了。 所以転説用Reserved (shy), 同Focused (quiet)就較好、没有負面的意思。 中文的話、、、性格保留及専注。   我収到SJS給我女児面試的報告、也説女児需要点時間適応、適応後她変了很健談。 祝好運。

However, some strategies may help ie my son is so quiet and shy in front of the strangers, then I placed him in the ESF English Program which held in SJS on Saturdays for 2 terms, I think it may help him a little bit.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題