搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 請教平日用英文同小孩溝通的媽媽
查看: 4300|回覆: 35
go

請教平日用英文同小孩溝通的媽媽 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-3-29 01:22 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
這裡有兩個疑問,希望大家可以幫忙解答:

1. 如果平日爸爸媽媽與小孩之間都用英文溝通,但爸爸媽媽之間卻用廣東話溝通,小孩會感到confused嗎?如果係咁,你地有咩對策,使小孩分得開兩語?

2. 其實我BB由出世到早前都係grandma湊,grandma一路都用廣東話(帶鄉音)同佢溝通,現在我全職湊返BB,佢現在10mths如果我現在起先同佢用全英文溝通,佢會否感到confused?佢聽得明我同佢講乜嗎?

Thanks!!

0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-3-29 02:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 08-3-29 18:49 |只看該作者
我都覺得是可以的! 有些孩子可能會遲一點才開口說話,不過好處也遠超過遲說話好啊~

4#
發表於 08-3-31 20:42 |只看該作者
1. 不會的。不過你最好能control你和/或爸爸和bb說話時一定是用英語。
2. 要是你由bb出生至你自己湊時都是跟bb說廣東話﹐那起初轉語言bb會有點confuse。不過10個月轉語言還是可以的。

原文章由 puib 於 08-3-29 01:22 發表
這裡有兩個疑問,希望大家可以幫忙解答:

2. 其實我BB由出世到早前都係grandma湊,g ...

5#
發表於 08-4-5 00:57 |只看該作者

6#
發表於 08-4-6 23:45 |只看該作者
謝謝各位媽咪的回應﹗

7#
發表於 08-4-7 23:06 |只看該作者
let me share my case.
My hubby and myself have been speaking English to our little one since she was born. But we speak to each other in Cantonese.
Now, my daughter is almost 3 years old. She could differ between English, Cantonese and PTH clearly and her first language is English. She can understand and speak English very well. She can understand Cantonese and PTH (Cantonese is learnt via the environment in Hong Kong and some cantonese playgroups, PTH was learnt via her school).However, I know she could not speak Cantonese and PTH as fluent as English as she does not has enough vocabulary.
If I have the chance to go back and decide the language to my daughter again, I'll still remain my decision of speaking to her in English and Cantonese with my hubby. She can understand Cantonese very very well and sometimes be the translator (Cantonese to English), hahaha,...when we ask her to do so, very funny.
One gentle reminder, both my hubby and myself speak proper English and we insist to do it with correct grammars.  Pls note the kids learn from us and pick up our assents and grammars.  So, once you decided to get your kid to be  a billingual kid, you need to be "well-equiped".  And, yes, be prepared that billingual kids start speaking late compare to single-language kids.

Good luck.

leelilili
原文章由 puib 於 08-4-6 23:45 發表
謝謝各位媽咪的回應﹗

8#
發表於 08-4-22 23:29 |只看該作者
leelilili ,
When did your daughter speak the first word?

9#
發表於 08-4-24 14:12 |只看該作者
haha,...I forgot,...I really could not recall.

原文章由 Reiki 於 08-4-22 23:29 發表
leelilili ,
When did your daughter speak the first word?

10#
發表於 08-4-24 18:53 |只看該作者
Generally I agree with the parents above.  In our case, our toddler can differentiate among English, Cantonese and Putonghua and he can converse in the language you speak to him.  For instance, when I arrived home yesterday and greeted my son, he told me "banana boat".  I was confused then but soon were hinted by my wife that the music being played was 香蕉船.  The reason why my boy translated it is because I spoke to him in English in the greeting.  Conversely when I speak PTH, my boy will answer back in PTH and similarly for Cantonese.

Another instance is that when my wife read a story with our son yesterday night, she spoke "wind it up" but due to a slip of tongue she pronounced "wind" as "win+d" but that was immediately corrected by our son as "wain+d"....  it's so funny.

One thing is for sure, be it English or PTH or Cantonese, it is important to put an effort in our pronunciation, or else our kid will pick up the wrong accent from us.  We don't need to be native or near native, but as least I guess it shouldn't be too far from it.

原文章由 puib 於 08-3-29 01:22 發表
這裡有兩個疑問,希望大家可以幫忙解答:

2. 其實我BB由出世到早前都係grandma湊,g ...

[ 本文章最後由 mosesdaddy 於 08-4-24 18:54 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 08-4-24 22:32 |只看該作者
我同以上各位上相反,我個女細個時我只用廣東話與她溝通,菲傭姐姐同佢講英文,10個月時開始返全英文的PLAYGROUP,平日看的DVD/歌仔主要都係英文,2歲起在學校有普通話,現在讀K1國際班。如我所料,女兒最好的語言是廣東話,其次是英文,再其次是普通話。
唔好誤會我反對同BB講英文,只係我自問無能力講英文講到好似母語咁,無論係詞彙,發音同文法,我都有香港特色,所以我揀用我最流利的廣東話同呀女溝通,同時讓佢多接觸母語係英文的人,效果好好,她2歲時都能翻譯廣東話/英文。
我覺得如果英文好好,同BB講英文或廣東話都OK,相反,如果D英文麻麻,就都係講番廣東話好D,否則,反而會影響BB的語言及知力發展。

原文章由 mosesdaddy 於 08-4-24 18:53 發表
Generally I agree with the parents above.  In our case, our toddler can differentiate among English, Cantonese and Putonghua and he can converse in the language you speak to him.  For instance, when I ...
桐桐於9月20日出世 歡迎參觀桐桐的網頁

12#
發表於 08-9-4 10:00 |只看該作者
My son is also speaking two languages English and Cantonese.
As we live overseas, I also speak Cantonese with him at home, he listens to English when he is at preschool.
He is 4 now and he speaks very good English and quite good Cantonese.
However, he knows a lot more English words than Cantonese so sometimes he uses English words in a Cantonese sentence.
We are working hard to encourage him speaking more Cantonese.
My little girl is 1.5yr and she only speaks a few Cantonese words.
However, she can understand both Cantonese and English very well as I speak Cantonese only with her but big brother speaks English only (he always speak English with other kids).
I think everything is possible at this age and you just need to be persistent.

13#
發表於 08-9-4 12:49 |只看該作者
咁請問大家,係咪即係同一個角色(爸爸或媽媽)應該只用一種language同bb溝通(e.g.爸爸只用英文,媽媽只用廣東話)??

我係全職媽媽,爸爸放工番黎好多時都好累,吾太多時間同bb講野!!如果係咁,我平日同bb一段時間講全廣東話,一段時間全英文,咁得吾得??

又或者,我用全廣東話同bb溝通,但間中同佢講英文故事同英文字卡,咁又得吾得??

大家可以俾意見我嗎??many tks!!

14#
發表於 08-9-8 14:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 pino 於 08-9-4 12:49 發表

我係全職媽媽,爸爸放工番黎好多時都好累,吾太多時間同bb講野!!如果係咁,我平日同bb一段時間講全廣東 ...

有朋友可以俾些意見嗎??tks!

15#
發表於 08-9-17 16:06 |只看該作者
i have the same situation as you. i also want to know if this is workable. (my bb is now 8 months) any mama with older child has similar experience to share? thanks very much.

原帖由 pino 於 08-9-4 12:49 發表

我係全職媽媽,爸爸放工番黎好多時都好累,吾太多時間同bb講野!!如果係咁,我平日同bb一段時間講全廣東 ...

16#
發表於 08-9-17 16:31 |只看該作者

17#
發表於 08-9-28 23:09 |只看該作者
I speak to my child in English and My hubby speaks in Chinese or vice versa. I don't see any problem. My child can speak both languages fluently

18#
發表於 08-10-26 12:56 |只看該作者
My spoke English is not fluent. I cannot master the usage of many vocabs for daily use. I just use simple English to speak with them. But they seem not willing to speak English. How can I train my kids to speak more fluent and more willing to speak in English ?   Please help.

[ 本帖最後由 mark2006 於 08-10-26 13:11 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 08-11-7 12:31 |只看該作者

Reading news or english stories every day

20#
發表於 08-11-7 12:47 |只看該作者

Many English Stories Book -Longman sales at SOGO

‹ 上一主題|下一主題