用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 有話直說 - about attitudes to education and choice o ...
發新帖
查看: 799|回覆: 10
go

有話直說 - about attitudes to education and choice of school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-5 15:45 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
There are a few things which I find difficult to hold back, and so I need to share them here.

1.   Parents are all treating themselves as customers and schools as a shop (whether primary, secondary or even University).    They demand this and that from a  school (care and love, good manners from staff, good interview arrangements, foot massage when waiting, psychiatric counselling when kids do not get in etc).  This turns teachers and principals into sort of "salespersons" to appease these parents.  Call me snobbish or old-fashioned.    You choose a school for its mission and direction of education.  If you do not like it or share its values, leave it.   No school owes you anything.  If a school can deliver the education and the values you want, go for it.  As simply as that.   Spare the b.s. about manner of staff and arrangement for interview.   

2.    Under bad American/Western influence, more and more parents appear to be (or pretend to be) open-minded and they all care about too much work/competition and they all say they want happy education, less homework, etc.  Let's face it: people thrive on competition.  Kids should learn to deal with competition and pressure.  I do not believe in "happy learning environment".     

3.   Nepotism: let's face it.  all famous schools have special spaces reserved for special people.  There is no point pretending which school is fairer (or appears to be fairer).    The examples you give are all simply based on the examples of people around you.   For one example of a "boy/girl from ordinary family" getting into a "fair school", there will be an example of a "rich but undeserving kid" getting in.     No school is entirely fair in that regard.

4.  "Your kid is so smart" etc.  I know a lot of parents say this here but this is so "false".  You've never met the guy/girl and you say he or she is smart just because, what, he or she had survived an interview, or got into 2nd interview, or accepted.  C'mon: we all know for a 5-6 yr old it is all a matter of luck.

[ 本帖最後由 rigmarole 於 08-11-5 15:55 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 08-11-5 15:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 08-11-5 16:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-5 15:58 發表
*** Spare the b.s. about manner of staff and arrangement for interview.    ***

I don't think so. These small matters can reflect how good the school in management and also how its actual education ph ...

Dear friend,

I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it.

4#
發表於 08-11-5 16:06 |只看該作者

5#
發表於 08-11-5 16:09 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-5 16:06 發表
If you got your points, please go on to defend but please defend in a rational way with logical sense, please

don't have to.  people either agree with me or disagree.  I have said what I wanted to say.  If I defend myself I will be repeating.   If you do not think what I had written to be rational or logical, too bad.  I will not attack you.  I hope you can reciprocate.

6#
發表於 08-11-5 16:16 |只看該作者

7#
發表於 08-11-5 17:17 |只看該作者
Dear ms/mr wisekid2007:
It is clear from your many posts elsewhere that you are an advocate of international schools.  However your comments have never been helpful or educational, but instead very arrogant and intimidating.  
In case you don't know, there are many ordinary people who can afford the IS school fees choose to send their smart kids to local schools.   On the other hand, there are parents (wealthy, of course) who have no choice but sending their kids to IS because they are not competitive enough to survive in local schools.  
I suggest you should open up a new forum for "extraordinary" people like yourself to show off your wealth and any other things that you can think of.  Please stay away from the discussion by ordinary people.  Thank you.  

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-5 16:16 發表
I am not going to attack you as I also found that "most" of the points you mentioned are in fact true BUT only applied to local schools not to IS.

I just take this chance to educate others to learn a ...

8#
發表於 08-11-5 17:46 |只看該作者

9#
發表於 08-11-5 18:03 |只看該作者
***You are also so ignorant in this area. Many famous IS schools are in fact only based on the assessment performance of the applicants but not the background. No matter how rich you are and how famous your are or even your kid has siblings studying in the same school, your kid still cannot be admitted if you fail the interview assessement.***

Oh come on, in your previous posts, you don't sound that naive!  Everybody knows that as long as you have the right connections and have enough money, they'll let you in.  Or let me put it this way, they will NOT fail your child's assessment.  Local schools will let you in.  International schools will let you in.  Harvard University will let you in. You're basically set for life.

I don't think people disagree with your arguement as much as they do with your condescending tone of voice and your hostile choice of words.

One who is oblivious to the implications of posting your child's information despite behaving in such obnoxious manners certainly shows that you have serious problems with certain social skills.  

If I were your son, I'd be terribly ashamed to have you as a father.

[ 本帖最後由 ckc60 於 08-11-5 20:59 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 08-11-5 20:36 |只看該作者
Why bring the kid in?  Yes, we can obtain info of the kid in the cyber world.  But why bother to publicise it?  You can disagree with wisekid2007 (I for one always disagree with him) or call him nuts.  It's your prerogative.  But, hey it has nothing to do with the little kid.   No matter how childish the fight is, it is a fight between two adults.  Leave the kid alone.  Please amend your post and delete the reference to the kid.

11#
發表於 08-11-6 08:44 |只看該作者
Mr wisekid2007:
What a perfect demonstration of your arrogance and intimidating gesture again!  While you keep telling people how much you know about "real" education (as a slogan without offering any specifics though), you don't behave like someone who has received any real education.  
Resentfully yours,
A stupid ordinary parent

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 08-11-5 17:46 發表
Oh Mr/Ms Ignorance,

***However your comments have never been helpful or educational, but instead very arrogant and intimidating.  ***

Why don't you take a positive view of acknowledge the beauty of  ...

[ 本帖最後由 kaifu 於 08-11-6 08:51 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題