搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Kentville interview
查看: 3407|回覆: 48
go

Kentville interview [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-10-25 10:56 |只看該作者

Kentville interview

Do you know on what basis Kentville set the interview day?  Is it older kids on 11/13 and younger ones on 11/14?

Our son will have interview with St. Catherine on 11/13.  I am very worried that there will be a clash.  I know both schools would not re-schedule the interviews!

2#
發表於 04-10-25 14:41 |只看該作者

Re: Kentville interview

Have asked my friend who knows someone working at Kentville.  Apparently there is no criteria for setting the interview dates!  :cry:

Anyone of you who has a clash on the interview dates with Kentville or St. Catherine or Creative?  

3#
發表於 04-10-25 16:39 |只看該作者

My small boy will have the interview, as follows:
at St. Catherine on Nov 13;
at Kentville on Nov 14;

but, not yet received any news regarding the interview at Creative.

4#
發表於 04-10-25 16:43 |只看該作者

Was your boy born after August 31?  My son was born in October.  I hope his interview will be on Nov 14 too!

Creative is Nov 13 and I have re-scheduled it.  They say they will advise me later of the new date.

5#
發表於 04-10-25 16:55 |只看該作者

My son was born in October too!
I applied 10 kindergartens, how's about u?
My son passed the interview two of them, but I don't like it.  

6#
發表於 04-10-25 17:05 |只看該作者

October 23!  How about yours?

O my God!  10 schools.  

We applied for 6 only.  Interview & accepted by one.  Got feedback from St. Catherine and Creative.  Both on Nov 13.  No news from the remaining 3 yet!  But I heard that they will interview around mid November.  I hope no more November 13!  

7#
發表於 04-10-25 17:12 |只看該作者

Very close!!! My son's birthday is on Oct 17, 2004.
As he can't speak well, I applied 10 kindergartens for backup.  I'm worry if he can pass the interview at Kentville & St. Catherine or not.  I hope I can get the result earlier after interview.

8#
發表於 04-10-25 17:17 |只看該作者

Just 6 days away.  Our son was born 3 weeks earlier coz doctor said I had high blood pressure so she took him out earlier!?

He can talk if he wants to.  Last time when he went to interview he did not say anything.

Good luck!  Maybe our sons would become classmates :p

Is your son going to nursery?  Ours is not.  

9#
發表於 04-10-25 17:34 |只看該作者

Furbabies and Sandy,

Did you get the application form by mail earlier?  I haven't got one yet as the school told me to go in person to get the form on 6 Nov.  As I'll only get the form on 6 Nov, I may be able to send back on 8 Nov the earliest and probably our interview would not be held on 13 or 14 Nov.  Anyway, my girl is going to have an interview at St. Cat. on 12 Nov.

10#
發表於 04-10-25 17:37 |只看該作者

My friend's son is studying at Kentville and she will submit the birth certificate copy to them this week.  Then Kentville will advise the interview date.

Their interviews are on Nov 13 & 14 so your girl would not have a clash!

Good for you!

11#
發表於 04-10-25 17:57 |只看該作者

Lala,
When u get the application form from Kentville, the application form assigned the date of interview.  Perhaps, we will have the interview at the same day.  Don't worry!!!

Furbabies,
As I was scared to birth in natural way, I requested the doctor to take him out in operation!!!   

Wa! u are more lucky than me!  (I mean that your son can speak.)  As I always changes the domestic helper, my son cannot recognize which language he should speak.   Now I'm trying my best to train him, but it's very hard.   Keep in touch on this topic!

12#
發表於 04-10-27 11:01 |只看該作者

Sandy,

As your son is a "small boy", don't be so worry that he can't speak (or can't speak fluently) now as he will be able to speak later anyway .  Some kinders prefer "big boys" no matter they can speak or not, and in this case even if your son can speak, it doesn't help too much.  But some kinders would observe children's behaviours/manner rather than their speech ability during the interviews, e.g. are they grumpy or rude.  But I don't know what Kentville is looking for.  So take it easy.  Just try to make your boy feel comfortable at the interview.  

In fact, I'm a bit worry about my girl as she is quite shy and may even cry when meeting strangers.  Do you know if Kentville let parents join their kids during the interview?  And can we choose the language (English or Chinese) of interview?

13#
發表於 04-10-27 11:15 |只看該作者

How come I didn't any reply from Kentville ?
I sent letter to get form last Monday !!
Hey, May I know when other BK Mum send out letter that got interview arrange ?

你們要將一切的憂慮卸給神,
因為祂顧念你們
彼前 5:7

14#
發表於 04-10-27 11:21 |只看該作者

My friend turned in the application for me this Monday.  Teacher told her that they will revert to her within this week for the interview details.  I just hope that it will be on Nov 14.

My son can speak quite a few words if he is happy.  He didn't say a word in his last interview with Canaan.  Canaan has accepted him anyway.

15#
發表於 04-10-27 11:26 |只看該作者

Furbabies,

Me too!  Will u pay the admission fee $550 to Cannan?  It's very difficult to make the decision, but I think that I will pay anyway.

16#
發表於 04-10-27 11:35 |只看該作者

No.  We enrolled him to nursery next January.  We have paid the fee already.  900 bucks miscellaneous fees for half year.  Our son can go straight to K1 next September.

17#
發表於 04-10-27 12:08 |只看該作者

Oh, I see.
I have to pay the admission fee, coz my son is a small boy, speak not very well & very active.
I think that all of my conditions cannot be satisfy some of famous kindergartens.  But, I will not give up.  Take it easy and try my best!!!

18#
發表於 04-10-27 12:11 |只看該作者

Don't say that.  Boys normally speak later.  Even they can speak they might prefer keeping their mouths shut during interview.  I have heard that some kids never speak during interviews but are admitted by Kentville & St. Catherine.  By both schools.  Who knows then.

I don't think my son has high chances of getting into the 'famous' schools.  We just try our best and let it be.

19#
發表於 04-10-27 13:34 |只看該作者

SandyHung, Furbabies,

My case is same with yours and my son has accepted by Cannan but nothing to speak during the interview time.  But now, I am so worry about the another interview in Kentville.  I will try my best and hope he can accept by Kentville due to my son can speak anything.

Uran

20#
發表於 04-10-27 14:07 |只看該作者

I know that you have enrolled him to nursery next January.  Do you mean that your son can go straight to K1 next year and no need to have interview or other selection process.

我想問
‹ 上一主題|下一主題