用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Nov 2004 kid can apply for 2010/2011 Y1 in RC? Plea ...
發新帖
查看: 1010|回覆: 10
go

Nov 2004 kid can apply for 2010/2011 Y1 in RC? Please help........ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-22 10:27 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My kid has applied for 2009/10 Y1 in the last yr but she failed.  I will try again to apply for RC but I'm not sure if she is still eligible for applying 2010/11 Y1.  Or she need to apply Y2 in 2010/11.

Actually, I prefer my kid to get in Y1 in the next yr because she is a Nov kid.  However, I am not sure if RC / ESF schools will accept my application and treat her as a Y1 applicant just as 2005 kid(Apply on 01 Sept 09 to 30 Sept 09).  Any one knows?  Any "small" boy/girl have experiences to join ESF schools/RC in this way??

Please help and give me some advices.

[ 本帖最後由 linachoy 於 09-6-22 22:32 編輯 ]
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-6-23 09:51 |只看該作者
Anyone can help? Please....................

I really want to know.........

As I ask the schools, they tell me that the school policy will not allow my kid to join 2010/11 Yr 1.  They say that if my kid got accepted, she will be Yr 2 in 2010/11.

3#
發表於 09-6-23 10:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 linachoy 於 09-6-23 09:51 發表
Anyone can help? Please....................

I really want to know.........

As I ask the schools, they tell me that the school policy will not allow my kid to join 2010/11 Yr 1.  They say that if my  ...

As you have got confirmation from the school that it is the school policy, what do you expect from outsiders?
BTW, what is the problem of applying Year 2 and then get accepted if you can pass the interview and then a place is available?
Failure once doesn't mean failure forever.
Children will have great improvement in just a few months time. Keep working hard if you are still targeting your favorite school(s).
I wonder you need to re-submit the application or not. Better re-confirm with the school.
If you need to apply again, do it now. There may have a long waiting list there.
Sorry for being directed.

4#
發表於 09-6-23 10:54 |只看該作者
咦, 乜已經有得申請? 咁我小朋友2005年4月出世, 係咪而加可以試試申請明年2010 Y1 呢?

5#
發表於 09-6-23 11:37 |只看該作者
原帖由 PRINCESCHUN 於 09-6-23 10:54 發表
咦, 乜已經有得申請? 咁我小朋友2005年4月出世, 係咪而加可以試試申請明年2010 Y1 呢?

please visit the official websites for details:
RC:
http://www.renaissance.edu.hk/content.php?contentid=98
ESF:
http://www.esf.edu.hk/index.aspx?nodeID=1039&langno=1

Good luck!

6#
發表於 09-6-23 15:58 |只看該作者
I just want to know if anybody has experience that their kids got accepted by RC/ESF with their yr of born not the same as they specify in the schools' web site.  

For my understanding, the queue for applying Y1 and Y2 are quite different.  For Y1, e.g. there are 100 places, all candidates apply will have equal chances to fight for that 100 places.  
But for Y2, the schools will only inform the candidates on waiting list (the waiting list may be very long) when there is an existing student quit the school.  If the waiting list have, say, 30 candidates, those 30 candidates will receive chances for interview once the school have place in that academic yr.  However, if in that academic yr, there is no students leave the school, then, I should wait for another yr until there are 30 students leave the school in the same academic yr.

Would anyone please clarify if I am wrong, thx!

Anyway, thx for oooray's advice.

[ 本帖最後由 linachoy 於 09-6-23 16:03 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 09-6-23 16:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 linachoy 於 09-6-23 15:58 發表
I just want to know if anybody has experience that their kids got accepted by RC/ESF with their yr of born not the same as they specify in the schools' web site.  

For my understanding, the queue for ...

I heard only ESF kindergarten students borned in Nov/Dec may have the chance to roll to next academic year if they have not yet been ready for Year 1(I read the similar message in ESF kindergarten website before)
It is understandable Y2 , 3 and go on... have a long queue and some people said they need to wait for years before an interview is granted. So better line up earlier.
Alternatively, u may try other IS other than ESF/RC.

8#
發表於 09-6-23 17:18 |只看該作者
When I attended the school tour in Apr, I have heard a lady asked the same question to the lady from school admin. unit.  And the answer was, "for the small kids, you could try to apply year 1 (2010/2011) on Sept 2009 and whether the school would invite your kid for the interview, it depends....(not sure)"

So you could try again if you don't mind to give the admin fee again!

However, the most important thing is to train your kid speak fluent english, otherwise, ....

Good luck!

For my understanding, the queue for ...

9#
發表於 09-6-23 17:27 |只看該作者

Of course there are. But I am sure there are special reasons behind all those arrangements.

For example, children from Australia would have to be put in a class either half a year ahead or half a year behind (Australian school year starts in January). There are other cases where children are put in classes where they are either one year older or one year younger than their peers.

All schools (ESF or not) would consider each application separately and can always exercise discretions when considering individual cases. However, you must understand that generally, ESF has always been strict with the age issue and thus parents should not presume that discretions would be applied very generously.

10#
發表於 09-6-23 23:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 oooray 於 09-6-23 16:54 發表

I heard only ESF kindergarten students borned in Nov/Dec may have the chance to roll to next academic year if they have not yet been ready for Year 1(I read the similar message in ESF kindergarten we ...

Yeah, there's such a case in my son's class.
However, the kid must have a certain proficiency in English so that he can communicate w/ the teacher in the interview. The teacher will judge whether the kid is suitable for taking the offer at the current year or a year later, or whether he should be put on the rejection/waiting list.

[ 本帖最後由 birdbird 於 09-6-23 23:20 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 09-6-24 09:38 |只看該作者
Thank you for all of your advices!!

Actually, I will try to apply to RC in the coming Sept again to see if my kid have a chance to have an interview.  

It seems that it all depends on how the school screen the applications in that year.  Nothing is impossible.  I will try again anyway because RC is my target.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題