教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Cranbrook School
發新帖
查看: 2507|回覆: 6
go

Cranbrook School [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-28 16:18 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear all,

Please help to leave  comments   on this school.

Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-10-28 19:54 |只看該作者
check with www.boardingschoolreview.com
for details.

This school is quite good, though not top-notched. I regret I did not apply it for my son last year. Yet my son went to a same level school in MA. But Cranbrook is cheaper. you can save around US$ 7000 per year. The downside is the state it locate is not that nice (PA).

If you intend to go to the fair oragnized by the IIE in Nov, Cranbrook and Concord are almost the best boarding school on the list

3#
發表於 09-10-28 20:13 |只看該作者
by the way, you could search the following forum to see if there is discussion about the school:

http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/

There are a lots of discussions on high schools.

4#
發表於 09-10-30 09:13 |只看該作者

回覆 2# kkbbkk 的文章

May I ask which school did you choose for your son?  Did he take the SSAT in HK?

Many thanks!

5#
發表於 09-10-30 10:59 |只看該作者
Dear all,

the Cranbrook School is located in Uk not in Us  so that my son did not sit SSAT in Hong Kong.  In Novemebr, my son was invited to sit for exam and interview in Uk , as such, I want to know more about Cranbrook.

sorry for misleading !

6#
發表於 09-10-30 15:44 |只看該作者
It is good in academic, others no info.

7#
發表於 09-11-6 12:05 |只看該作者
Hi nchau,

My husband has visited Cranbrook last year.
It's the the biggest States Boarding School in UK. Academic result is good. It's more or less same as Sir Roger. But with big campus. The boarding live are very displine. Everybody using the same pattern and color of bed sheets.

As for my opinion, Cranbrook is quite a good school too. But they accept student only from Y9 and onwards. School class started at Y9 till Y13 (not Y7 and Y8 operate). The chance to go the good univeristies are also good.

For me both Cranbrook and Sir Roger are more or less the same good school. But Cranbrook is more displine in every aspect, whereas. Sir Roger is more warm in atmosphere and caring at boarding house.

Meantime, Sir Roger location is 5 min walk from train station. But Cranbrook is far away from train station (it takes 15 min drive from train station to the school.) It incur cost and time for transportations during exeats and term break when parents are not near by.

If Cranbrook accepted your child, why not think about it?

Meddlesome

原帖由 nchau1966 於 09-10-30 10:59 發表
Dear all,

the Cranbrook School is located in Uk not in Us  so that my son did not sit SSAT in Hong Kong.  In Novemebr, my son was invited to sit for exam and interview in Uk , as such, I want to know ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題