用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 如同20分 st.mary's vs maryknoll 邊間入到機會大d ? ...
發新帖
查看: 961|回覆: 8
go

如同20分 st.mary's vs maryknoll 邊間入到機會大d ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-6 11:48 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
囡囡係下年先選校, 想早d參考你地既意見去安排 !
我住41區, 但家人住31區, 我想問同樣20分邊間機會入到?

請比d意見
   0    0    0    0
[img]

2#
發表於 09-11-7 07:23 |只看該作者
I guess you are neither old girls of both school but target to get into one of them 'cause you have the 5 marks for religion.

If it is the case, I'll do like this :

1. 1st round apply for Holy Angels in Hung Hom as it is 'one-dragon' to St. Mary's, 20 marks stands a good chance
2. 2nd round apply for St. Mary's or Maryknoll as you wish
3. 3rd round (knock door) apply for St. Mary's and Holy Angels, the chance in this stage for Maryknoll if you are not an old is very small

The above are just what I'll do.

3#
發表於 09-11-7 12:12 |只看該作者
The chance for getting in St. Mary's or Maryknoll is more or less the same as they are at the same tier.

I agree with Jen2008 that it's better to apply for HACS in the first round by your 20 Marks. It's really standing for a better chance.

4#
發表於 09-11-7 12:49 |只看該作者
Quoting last year's example, I've got a friend with 20 marks who failed with St. Mary, and got admitted into Holy Angels in late Jun. Another friend with 20 marks got admitted into Maryknoll in the first round.

To many parents, Maryknoll and St. Mary are in a higher ranking comparing to Holy Angels, though the latter two ends with the same secondary school.

If it is me, I will go for Maryknoll, coz it is English medium and it has got 5 classes, while St. Mary and Holy Angels are Chinese medium with 4 classes and 3 class respectively. The chance with Maryknoll seems to be a bit higher.

5#
發表於 09-11-7 12:58 |只看該作者
Maryknoll is not through train - only 70% of their student can enter their secondary school.
St Mary's & Holy Angels are both through train to St Mary's Secondary School - I would rate these two higher than Maryknoll.

6#
發表於 09-11-9 06:53 |只看該作者
I wonder what's the most recent statistics.  MCS should reserve up to 85% secondary school places to her primary school, how come everybody says only 70% primary school students can go to the secondary section?!

Besides, the class size for secondary school is larger than primary school, if logic applies, most all P.6 graduates can go straight into F.1.

As for the studying pressure, I guess the pressure in St. Mary's secondary is much greater than MCS.

Better find out more before one made up her mind.

7#
發表於 09-11-9 11:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jen2008 於 09-11-9 06:53 發表
I wonder what's the most recent statistics.  MCS should reserve up to 85% secondary school places to her primary school, how come everybody says only 70% primary school students can go to the secondar ...

MCS can reserve 85% in maximum but actually not.
Most people said only 50 to 60%.

8#
發表於 09-11-9 11:47 |只看該作者
原帖由 Jen2008 於 09-11-9 06:53 發表
As for the studying pressure, I guess the pressure in St. Mary's secondary is much greater than MCS.

With St Mary's now being through train with her secondary school, there will be much less pressure there than Maryknoll as all their students will be guranteed to enter their secondary school whereas Maryknoll students still need to fight for every mark to make sure they are in the top whatever percentage in order to go to their secondary school!

9#
發表於 09-11-10 07:33 |只看該作者
Sorry, I was saying about the pressure of SECONDARY SECTION, and not primary section.

原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-11-9 11:47 發表

With St Mary's now being through train with her secondary school, there will be much less pressure there than Maryknoll as all their students will be guranteed to enter their secondary school wherea ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題