密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 So Chit Nursery
查看: 8257|回覆: 64
go

So Chit Nursery [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-1-5 10:31 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Could any mothers give me the run-down of the PM PN class of So Chit Nursery, e.g. when will be the tea time.
By the way, is So Chit really a good and famous nursery and kindergarten?

Many thanks.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-1-5 17:08 |只看該作者
There is no classroom run-down from the school to the parents.  A generic run-down was posted in the classroom. So, I don't think any PM class parents can give you a run-down.  In general, each day (3 hours per day), the students will spend half an hour in the playground to train their mobility skill, and then half an hour for English activities, other time, they will have theme activities conducted in the form of singing, story telling, art and group activities.  And then approximately half an hour for toilet and tea lah.  Tea time is normally in the mid of the 3 hours.  So, you calculate from the lesson start time of your kid.

To communicate with the parents, a weekly memo will be given to the parents informing them what songs and stuff will be taught and what activities will be conducted in that week.

So Chit is a famous nursery and kindergarten for language.  Good or not?  Each person will have different comment, I will say overall is GOOD, otherwise, I will not let my kid attends KG there after PN.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-5 10:31 發表
Could any mothers give me the run-down of the PM PN class of So Chit Nursery, e.g. when will be the tea time.
By the way, is So Chit really a good and famous nursery and kindergarten?

Many thanks. ...

3#
發表於 10-1-6 08:48 |只看該作者
Thank you very much, Sorb.

By the way, what language have you (i..e the parents) used in the communication with the teachers of So Chit?  Cantonese?

Thanks.

4#
發表於 10-1-6 09:16 |只看該作者
I trust you are asking the Chinese teachers.  We can communicate with them in either Cantonese or Mandarine.  The teachers understand both language though some may not speak Cantonese.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 08:48 發表
Thank you very much, Sorb.

By the way, what language have you (i..e the parents) used in the communication with the teachers of So Chit?  Cantonese?

Thanks.

5#
發表於 10-1-6 11:09 |只看該作者
Hi Sorb,

Can the students of the PN Class enter into kindergarten of So Chit easily?  Do you know what is the percentage around?
Thanks a lot.

6#
發表於 10-1-6 11:19 |只看該作者
Should be easy though still need to sit for the interview.  And many afternoon class PN students can secure an AM places in KCS KG.  So far, I have not heard of failure cases if they wanted to stay (of course, just among the parents I known only, I don't have official figures).  The number of KG places in KCS is far more than PN places, so, this should not be your concern in deciding whether to choose KCS PN or not.  If I were you, the travelling time would be my concern.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 11:09 發表
Hi Sorb,

Can the students of the PN Class enter into kindergarten of So Chit easily?  Do you know what is the percentage around?
Thanks a lot.

7#
發表於 10-1-6 11:49 |只看該作者
I have roughly estimated the travel time from my home to So Chit which will be less than one hour.  The route is that:  Travel from my home to North Point by MTR first (The time for door to door is around 30 minutes) and then get on the school bus at 1:30 p.m.

Do you think that it is fine?

In fact, only for my opinion, I think that So Chit should be better than some private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong.  Firstly, the language is quite strong for So Chit, so that we do not need to attend the Mandarin or English playgroups during the weekend and I could spend more time to communicate with my daughter (I am a working mother) or let my daughter to play with the children of my friends/relatives or do other things during the weekend.  Secondly, the school fee is much cheaper than the private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong.  Thirdly, I like the "traditional teaching approach" of So Chit.  I heard from many people that the students of So Chit is very polite and good.  So, it is a hit PN for the recent years.

8#
發表於 10-1-6 12:23 |只看該作者
Dear Sorb,
Do yo know the name of 校長and 主任 of So Chit Nursery in Chinese??  I want to write the letter to ask for a morning session seat but the receptionist over the phone won't tell me about their names because she said it was useless to write such letter since all seats were full already.
Thanks

[ 本帖最後由 NT-1 於 10-1-6 12:26 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 10-1-6 13:42 |只看該作者
I have written similar letters 2 years ago when applying KCS PN, I remember I addressed it to 陳 主任.  She was in charge of the enrollment matters at that time.  I have spoken to her before I address the letter to her.  You try to call to ask the receptionist to connect your line to  陳 主任 to ask if she is the person in charge of the enrollment for this year.   陳 主任 is a nice person.  No need to address to 校長.

原帖由 NT-1 於 10-1-6 12:23 發表
Dear Sorb,
Do yo know the name of 校長and 主任 of So Chit Nursery in Chinese??  I want to write the letter to ask for a morning session seat but the receptionist over the phone won't tell me about the ...

10#
發表於 10-1-6 13:46 |只看該作者
You can't find a school bus operated by outsider go to KCS directly from your living place?  Which region are you living?  

If you don't mind your girl walk, you can ask your maid to walk to school from the North Point MTR station woh, it is a great exercise. I know a girl who lived in Junk Bay go to school like this.  Her mum told me they can reach home every day before 12:30pm (morning school finishes at 11:45am).

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 11:49 發表
I have roughly estimated the travel time from my home to So Chit which will be less than one hour.  The route is that:  Travel from my home to North Point by MTR first (The time for door to door is ar ...

11#
發表於 10-1-6 14:00 |只看該作者
"traditional teaching approach" of So Chit?? What do you mean when you say traditional approach?

The school requires the students to have good discipline, which is true, say, you are not supposed to speak too much in class, should sit still (don't walk around) while the teacher is teaching you. Unlike a famous private KG that I know, they will let the children lying on the floor while reading books in class.

But if you are talking about the teaching approach, I find their class activities very diversified woh in PN and K1.  I have no idea about K2 & 3 yet.  For instance, if they want to teach the PN students what people will eat in winter or Lunar New year, they will have hotpot and 煎年糕 in class (really cooking, but by the teachers with the student standing in a safe distance to watch in small group).  To teach what activities will people usually do in autumn, they will let the PN children fly the kite in the playground.  If they want to teach colour (say Red), all children are urged to wear in Red to school. From the pictures taken in class by the teachers, I also saw the PN children doing water-play, sand-play, cat-walk on the bridge (pretend to be a model by wearing smart), etc.  So, I do think their teaching approach has changed from traditional to active lah (at least for PN and K1).

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-6 13:46 發表
You can't find a school bus operated by outsider go to KCS directly from your living place?  Which region are you living?  

If you don't mind your girl walk, you can ask your maid to walk to school f ...

12#
發表於 10-1-6 14:00 |只看該作者
Dear Sorb,

I learnt from Ms She that she did not provide the private school bus from my side.  Do you have any other information about the private school bus from my side to So Chit?  Please kindly advise me if so.

I live at Diamond Hill at Kowloon side and very near to the Diamond Hill MTR station.

I am also considering whether to let my daughter and my Indo maid to walk to school from North Point MTR to So Chit.  Do you know how much time will be used around?  Is the Fortress Hill MTR Station more near to So Chit?

By the way, I don't want to reject the PN offer from So Chit since I learnt from many people that So Chit is a good PN.

Thanks.

13#
發表於 10-1-6 14:07 |只看該作者
I think North Point better, otherwise, your girl need to change train at North Point to Foretress Hill.  I think you can reach school in 15 minutes time if you walk from the MTR station.

Sorry, I do not have any information about private school bus as we go to school by public transportation. I do not want my girl to ride on school bus on her own.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:00 發表
Dear Sorb,

I learnt from Ms She that she did not provide the private school bus from my side.  Do you have any other information about the private school bus from my side to So Chit?  Please kindly a ...

14#
發表於 10-1-6 14:26 |只看該作者
Thank you Sorb.

So the time taken for going to So Chit from North Point MTR Station by school bus is more or less as by school bus wor. Or maybe faster, since no need to wait the school bus.

By the way, I think you are a full time mother, right?

15#
發表於 10-1-6 14:39 |只看該作者
No, same as you, working mum......just too boring doing the office stuff, so, check BK quite often only.  Will be fired if my boss knows this : )

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:26 發表
Thank you Sorb.

So the time taken for going to So Chit from North Point MTR Station by school bus is more or less as by school bus wor. Or maybe faster, since no need to wait the school bus.

By the  ...

16#
發表於 10-1-6 14:45 |只看該作者
Oh, you are a working mother also.

Which area you live?  You bring your daugher to go to school.  Right?  So, who bring your daughter to go back home?

17#
發表於 10-1-6 15:05 |只看該作者
I live in Sai Wan Ho.  I normally accompany my girl to the slope leading to the school only as I have to rush to work. My maid will continue the jorney with her to school and pick her home after school.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 14:45 發表
Oh, you are a working mother also.

Which area you live?  You bring your daugher to go to school.  Right?  So, who bring your daughter to go back home?

18#
發表於 10-1-6 15:18 |只看該作者
Oh, quite near to So Chit.

Does your maid stay at school to wait your daughter until your daughter has finished the lessons every day?

By the way, did your daughter easily get sick in the PN class.  I always hear my friends that their children always get sick during the PN classes (of course in other nursery schools) and could only attend around 50% classes in total.

19#
發表於 10-1-6 15:30 |只看該作者
My maid will go home after sending my kid to school and go back again to pick her up.  As the transportation between school and my home is very convinient.  Unlike your case.

It is common for children to fall sick after going to school.  I think my girl is relatively weak as she fell sick almost on average once every 1-2 months while in PN.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 15:18 發表
Oh, quite near to So Chit.

Does your maid stay at school to wait your daughter until your daughter has finished the lessons every day?

By the way, did your daughter easily get sick in the PN class.  ...

20#
發表於 10-1-6 15:49 |只看該作者
Dear Sorb,

Would you mind to tell me what the public transporation your daughter has taken to go to school?  How much time your daughter has taken to travel from home to school (door to door)?

Many thanks.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題