搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 So Chit Nursery
樓主: JWKC
go

So Chit Nursery [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 10-1-19 10:06 |只看該作者
I can only answer a few of your questions:

Do you know which primary schools do the students of KCS go to? NO CONCRETE IDEA AS NO OFFICIAL FIGURES ANNOUNCED BY KCS.

Do most stick with So Chit? THE ANSWER IS NO. THE NUMBER OF K3 STUDNETS IS FAR MORE THAN THE KCS P1 PLACES.  JUST LIKE OTHER SCHOOLS, THEY WILL ALSO APPLY THOSE GOOD PRIVATE AND DSS SCHOOLS, SOME WILL ALSO PARTICIPATE IN THE P1 "LUCKY DRAW".

Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "small boy"? I CAN QUOTE YOU A CASE - My friend who has a december born boy told me KCS PN did not accept her boy's application as a "small boy" last year and did not accept her application as a "big boy" this year.  So, her boy was forced to apply KCS KG as a "small boy" this year.  I don't know her result yet.

Any tips you could give me as to how to get into KCS? Interview tips? NO SPECIAL TIPS, BE RELAX AND JUST TREAT IT AS GOING TO THE PLAYGROUP.  REMEMBER TO SELECT PM CLASS IN ADDTION TO AM CLASS AS IT IS QUITE DIFFICULT TO GET AN AM CLASS IN KCS.  IF YOU REALLY GET AN PM OFFER, BUT INTERESTED IN AM CLASS MORE, SUBMIT THE LETTER TO WAIT FOR AM CLASS IMMEDIATELY AS IT IS SERVED ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.

原帖由 kwai_nam 於 10-1-18 23:37 發表
Hi Sorb,

Do most stick with So Chit? My son was born in November, so he's a 細仔.  Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "sma ...

42#
發表於 10-1-26 01:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-18 12:52 發表
PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?  100% correct.  Starting from KG, the English time will be increased to 45 minutes.

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN  ...

Sorb,
我想請問番上堂情況!你話N1一班成34人咁多呀??在同一課室大家一齊聽一個老師教書??咁d小朋友會吾會好難concentrate?(有點擔心) 另外,有幾多老師照顧呢34個小朋友呢?

其實N1上下晝分別有幾多班?tks a lot!!

43#
發表於 10-1-26 10:13 |只看該作者
The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class has 34 students, some have less depending on the size of the classroom).  During English session, with one more NET teacher tim.  Moreover, not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students.  So, the teacher to student ratio is pretty good ga.....high above the min requirement.  

Concentration problem?  I cannot answer your question as I seldom have time to observe outside the classroom.  If you want, you can go and have some observation by yourself.  So Chit is quite an open KG, it allows parents to observe outside the window of the classroom door ga if you have time.  But so far, I have not heard of any parents complaining concentration issue.

Number of PN class? I only remember 3 morning PN classes for the time being. If you really need to information, I can check out for you later.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-26 01:11 發表

Sorb,
我想請問番上堂情況!你話N1一班成34人咁多呀??在同一課室大家一齊聽一個老師教書??咁d小朋友會吾會好難concentrate?(有點擔心) 另外,有幾多老師照顧呢34個小朋友呢?

其實N1上下晝分別有幾多班?tks a lot!! ...

44#
發表於 10-1-26 12:20 |只看該作者
請問蘇淅nursery係咪已經註晒冊, 最後一天註冊日期係幾時?
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-26 10:13 發表
The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class h ...

45#
發表於 10-1-26 12:54 |只看該作者
You try 陳主任 lah.  But I think the most direct way is to call and ask.

原帖由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-26 12:20 發表
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

46#
發表於 10-1-28 01:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-26 12:20 發表
我收唔到信, 可唔可以寫信去比學校問吓?
應該寫哪一個主任收?
Many Thanks

我係15/12收到信,17/12或之前已經要回覆哂讀吾讀,而今年5月會再有信通知註冊事宜!

好似係取錄先會出信架!你直接打電話去問啦!

47#
發表於 10-1-28 01:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-26 10:13 發表
The minimum ratio set by the HK government is 1 teacher to 15 KG students.  For So Chit (my girl's last year PN class), 3 teachers and 1 嬸嬸 taking care of a group around 34 students (not all class h ...

tks a lot for your info!

"not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students"--->> so interesting!  but why?  becoz the kids are always sick?

48#
發表於 10-1-28 09:27 |只看該作者
Some maybe sick, some maybe absent because of family matters, like going overseas with their parents.  It is pretty easy for the children to fall sick frequently after going to school.  Mine on average fell sick once every 1.5-2 months while in PN.  So, be prepared for this when your little one starts schooling.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-28 01:16 發表

tks a lot for your info!

"not all the students will go to school, I observe from the pictures, normally 28-30 students"--->> so interesting!  but why?  becoz the kids are always sick?

49#
發表於 10-1-28 16:21 |只看該作者
唔該晒,我都問咗啦,答案都係一樣, 唔知係咪因為個小朋友係8月出世, 佢interview 的時侯, 都只係一個bb, 行都未識行, 所以唔收呢?
原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-28 01:10 發表

我係15/12收到信,17/12或之前已經要回覆哂讀吾讀,而今年5月會再有信通知註冊事宜!

好似係取錄先會出信架!你直接打電話去問啦!

[ 本帖最後由 AhiruNoPekk 於 10-1-28 16:22 編輯 ]

50#
發表於 10-2-18 15:00 |只看該作者
Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which school.  Heard that Lingnan have higher chance to got offer from famous primary school.  However, their campus is very inconvenient and very far away from my home (I lived in Siu Sai Wan).   Do you have any comments on Lingnan Nursery/Kindergarten? So Chit is a bit closer but guess still take at least 30mins school bus.  So worries if my son travel by school bus/nanny bus alone, though he is almost Age 2 and 7 mths at that time.   FYI, I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list (over 100 applicants).  However, the Int'l Stream is very expenseive ($5,100 school fee per month).   Do you think is it worth to study in KCS Int'l class?  BTW, heard that KCS Primary is not free-of-charge.  Am I correct?

51#
發表於 10-2-18 15:01 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-28 09:27 發表
Some maybe sick, some maybe absent because of family matters, like going overseas with their parents.  It is pretty easy for the children to fall sick frequently after going to school.  Mine on averag ...

Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which school.  Heard that Lingnan have higher chance to got offer from famous primary school.  However, their campus is very inconvenient and very far away from my home (I lived in Siu Sai Wan).   Do you have any comments on Lingnan Nursery/Kindergarten? So Chit is a bit closer but guess still take at least 30mins school bus.  So worries if my son travel by school bus/nanny bus alone, though he is almost Age 2 and 7 mths at that time.   FYI, I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list (over 100 applicants).  However, the Int'l Stream is very expenseive ($5,100 school fee per month).   Do you think is it worth to study in KCS Int'l class?  BTW, heard that KCS Primary is not free-of-charge.  Am I correct?

52#
發表於 10-2-19 10:05 |只看該作者
One of my friends has asked me this question before, I personal think So Chit is a better choice than Lingnan.  I don't have a full picture on where the KCS K3 students have gone, but the offers of those KCS K3 students (I know a few only) that I have known is pretty good woh, one of them has an offer from St Paul Co-ed.

Your question re KCS Int'l:  (1) If you choose KCS Int'l only, it may be difficult for your kid to shift back to local primary school.  So, choose it unless you have determined an int'l path for your child.  (2)  If you let your child go to both streams at the same time, your child will be deprived of his/her precious afternoon sleep and a more proper lunch at home.  Are you OK with this?  If yes, this is a flexible and good choice.

Your last question, yes, KCS primary is not free, the school fee is $30,000 per year.

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-18 15:01 發表

Sorb,

Thanks for your sharing, very informative.  My son is being accepted by both So Chit Nursury (PM Class) and Lingnan (AM Class) for 2010 school term.  I'm struggling to put him in which schoo ...

53#
發表於 10-2-19 17:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-19 10:05 發表
One of my friends has asked me this question before, I personal think So Chit is a better choice than Lingnan.  I don't have a full picture on where the KCS K3 students have gone, but the offers of th ...

Sorb – thanks for your advice.
I don’t think I can afford to put my son in both Int’l & Local section (in terms of money & timing).

In that case, guess I better put him in local stream.
BTW, I’ve another concern for KCS.
Some people said there are many mainland Chinese kids studying in KCS Local section (e.g. many
福建人 lived in North Point / 暴發戶), as such I’m a bit worries about of their behaviour.
Any comments on this?

54#
發表於 10-2-19 18:08 |只看該作者
Haha, interesting comments I have ever heard. I never had this concern.  All the students I have met in KCS are pretty smart with good manner. I can tell most parents have spent lots of time to nurture their child.   

In my girl's last year PN classs, the ratio of foreigners (westerners / mixed/ Japanese/ Korean ) are more than those kids with what you have quoted as "暴發戶".   I will describe KCS PN (local stream) as a 小型聯合國, it will be a good experience for your kid.  

Frankly speaking, KCS has screamed the quality of the students for us among so many applicants, so, don't think too much. Instead, you should be proud of your child having an offer from it.  

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-19 17:12 發表

Sorb – thanks for your advice.
I don’t think I can afford to put my son in both Int’l & Local section (in terms of money & timing).

In that case, guess I better put him in local stream.
BTW, I ...

55#
發表於 10-2-23 11:16 |只看該作者
Sorb – thanks for your sharing again.  I’m so hectic again.  I met a friend during CNY (she is a private tutor for kids many years) and try to seek her advice in between Lingnan and KCS PN.  She picked Lingnan without any doubt (sure have happy school life for kindergarten/ primary and some good primary like to pick student from Lingnan, etc.).  Lingnan is a through-train school from PN/KG/Primary (though their secondary school is not good).  On the other hand, I do like the mix culture environment/language exposure of KCS.  Umm … so difficult to make the final decision!!

56#
發表於 10-2-23 11:31 |只看該作者
Different people will have different opinions.  But some how, not too many people will have childrem who have tried both schools so that they can give you comments from both sides. Likewise, I cannot give you comment about Lingnam.  Even yes, only hearsay. My friend who is a private tuitor also said those famous KGs in Kln are not good lah as she has encountered "not good" students from there.  

Frankly speaking, I do not like KCS before my girl studied there as I also have prejudice like other people before experiencing.  But now, I like it very much.  I can say (based on my girl's example, other people may not experience the same), KCS is also a happy KG for my girl but at the same time, she can learn another new language (free of charge) at the same time in addition to happy learning experience like Lingnam.  

Hope you will make the best choice for your kid!

原帖由 sh_yip 於 10-2-23 11:16 發表
Sorb – thanks for your sharing again.  I’m so hectic again.  I met a friend during CNY (she is a private tutor for kids many years) and try to seek her advice in between Lingnan and KCS PN.  She pic ...

57#
發表於 10-2-23 12:14 |只看該作者
As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most critical.  I will only choose AM class for my kid as I don't want to sacrifice her precious afternoon sleep when she is small. So, you weight your own factors lah......timing, location, academic, language, money, etc.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-23 11:31 發表
Different people will have different opinions.  But some how, not too many people will have childrem who have tried both schools so that they can give you comments from both sides. Likewise, I cannot  ...

58#
發表於 10-2-23 12:17 |只看該作者
Sorry, so words are missing in the last post.  So, re-post here:

As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the most important factors that I think is most important for choosing a PN/KG for my own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most critical.  I will only choose AM class for my kid as I don't want to sacrifice her precious afternoon sleep when she is small. So, you weight your own factors lah......timing, location, academic, language, money, etc.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-2-23 12:14 發表
As both schools are quite good though based on what you have heard, each has its pros and cons, if I were you, I would start to think what is the own kid.  

To me, timing of the school is the most cr ...

59#
發表於 10-2-24 13:09 |只看該作者
Sorb

totall agreed with you.  In addition to reputation and so called K1 or P1 allocation result is important when selecting a school for our kids.  Some other factors should count as well.

When mom has difficulties when choosing the school, as there must be good and bad comments regarding the same school and probably different ppl will give u different opinion, moms can consider other factors, like timing, location!

Good luck moms!

60#
發表於 10-2-26 00:35 |只看該作者
Hi sh_yip,

"I also applied KCS (K1 - Int'l Stream) for my son for 2011 school term, but I'm now on waiting list"
--> 見你咁講,好驚添.....想請問一下,你係指蘇浙既2011年(即明年) K1 已經報了名,仲已經出了result??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖