密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 So Chit Nursery
樓主: JWKC
go

So Chit Nursery [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 10-1-6 16:29 |只看該作者
We can go to school by bus, by mini-bus or by MTR to save $$$ (and should be able to reach school within half an hour), but we are forced to go by taxi every morning as it is very difficult to wake her and me up in the morning : ) We are too lazy......every day, I will say to myself, tomorrow we must wake up early to save $$$.  Door to door within 15 minutes if we are lucky to catch a taxi.  

After school, as no need to hurry, my maid goes home with her by mini-bus (door to door 20 minutes only).  So, you can consider moving to Sai Wan Ho, it is quite convinient to school ga.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 15:49 發表
Dear Sorb,

Would you mind to tell me what the public transporation your daughter has taken to go to school?  How much time your daughter has taken to travel from home to school (door to door)?

Many  ...

22#
發表於 10-1-6 16:49 |只看該作者
Ha Ha, I will consider to move to Lam Tin or North Point after my daughter has finished her PN class and has been able to enter K1 of So Chit but not now law.

Are your daughter having homework in the PN and K1 at So Chit?

23#
發表於 10-1-6 16:56 |只看該作者
No homework in PN and K1.  Homework starting from K2, but not much according to what I have heard from another K2 parents (just 1-2 pieces per day and very simple woh).  Thus, I am very happy about this as a working mum.  If I have to push her to do a lots of homework after work, I want to "die".  If you want one with lots of homework to 谷 academic, So Chit is not that type of KG.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 16:49 發表
Ha Ha, I will consider to move to Lam Tin or North Point after my daughter has finished her PN class and has been able to enter K1 of So Chit but not now law.

Are your daughter having homework in the ...

24#
發表於 10-1-6 17:17 |只看該作者
I dislike homework at the early stage very much.  Just in my opinion, I believe that the home should be for the parents not for the children!!!

Actually, I am a working mum and I just want to play and laugh with my daughter or teach her other things that are not taught by school after my office hours.

Therefore, most of the private nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong are not my cup of tea due to a lot of homework for the children.  Also, it may build up a wrong idea for the children that the homework should be done with the parents, just like many students studying in the primary schools nowadays.  In fact, the homework should be their own work.

Furthermore, most of the nurseries or kindergartens at Kowloon Tong in fact are not near to the Kowloon Tong MTR station.  More than 30 minutes is required to go to school from my home.

So, I will likely choose So Chit eventually.

25#
發表於 10-1-6 17:38 |只看該作者
That is what I want also.....to play and laugh with my daughter after work.....and let her have a happy school life while learning a new langauge in a "natural" school environment with certain level of discipline.  KCS really can give me this up to now.

Having said this, don't mislead to think KCS is perfect.  It still has room for improvement, especially in the administration area.  But the adm. stuff affects the parents more, not too much impact on the students.

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-6 17:17 發表
I dislike homework at the early stage very much.  Just in my opinion, I believe that the home should be for the parents not for the children!!!

Actually, I am a working mum and I just want to play a ...

26#
發表於 10-1-6 18:18 |只看該作者
hello!  I am planning to apply for this school as well.  do you know if the teachers are very straight or friendly?  I heard that teachers focus on discipline the students, so I wish to verify from a mom who has own experience rather than "rumors"

also, what's the difference between PM and AM class?  any "interests" classes will be arranged for students?

thanks for sharing~~

27#
發表於 10-1-7 09:22 |只看該作者
The teachers that I have met are friendly, not strict.  

I think the teacher are quite focus on the discipline of the students.  I asked my girl yesterday night: Did you talk to your neigbour during class?  She answered:  We cannot talk in class, the teachers will be angry.  From this answer, I guess the teachers focus on discipline a lot.

AM class means morning class which begins at 8:45am and finished at 11:45pm.  PM class means afternoon class which I think starts at 1:45pm.

No interest class arranged by school for PN and K1 so far.  I know lots of free interest classes in So Chit Primary.

原帖由 moonisland 於 10-1-6 18:18 發表
hello!  I am planning to apply for this school as well.  do you know if the teachers are very straight or friendly?  I heard that teachers focus on discipline the students, so I wish to verify from a  ...

28#
發表於 10-1-7 13:22 |只看該作者
Sorb

Your daughter is so cute.  Sometimes appropriate degree of discipline is necessary.  
so, do u think your daughter enjoys her life at the schools?

29#
發表於 10-1-7 13:43 |只看該作者
She enjoys her school life very much. She sometimes pretends she is her class teacher at home and told me she misses her classmates.

In my opinion, most children will enjoy their school life if it is without pressure and the teachers are nice.  

原帖由 moonisland 於 10-1-7 13:22 發表
Sorb

Your daughter is so cute.  Sometimes appropriate degree of discipline is necessary.  
so, do u think your daughter enjoys her life at the schools?

30#
發表於 10-1-8 01:36 |只看該作者
JWKC,

hv u applied for those KG in Kln Tong then?  I've applied HKPS & KM as well, & got an offer from So Chit! still donno how to choose if other KG hv offers, though Sorb has already given me many valuable comment!!  

31#
發表於 10-1-8 09:03 |只看該作者
Hi Pingu_k,

I have only applied for the PN class of Cannan at Kowloon Tong which have already got an offer.  I have not applied for KM and HKPS since I want to put a greater portion of time for my daughter using Chinese in her study at the PN and Kindgarten stages.  Just in my opinion, learning English is more easilier than Chinese.  Also, Chinese (especially Mandarin) will be more and more important in the coming future.

Furthermore, I know that KM requires the parents to put a great efforts on the homework of the children.  In fact, I don't buy this approach.  No doubt that I need to put a great efforts on my daughter but not only for the homework.  It should be her all-round development, like her attitude, and a solid communication between my daughter and me and my husband.  I need to spend time on this at her early stage first.  I think that if she can develop a right attitude, it should not be difficult for her to cope with her workload in her future study at primary, secondary and university. (Ha Ha, just my thoughts).

For So Chit, I know that it focus on discipline and also request the students to sit quitely when studying at the class (I think this could develop the child's concentration, which is an important element for future study).  Further, the langauage skill for So Chit is very strong.  Actually, I would like to my daughter to get these things from the PN.  So, I may likely to choose So Chit eventually.

Of course, I may consider other kindergartens at Kowloon side for my daughter next year, like Mansung, Pui Ching, etc. etc.

32#
發表於 10-1-12 01:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-8 09:03 發表
Hi Pingu_k,

I have only applied for the PN class of Cannan at Kowloon Tong which have already got an offer.  I have not applied for KM and HKPS since I want to put a greater portion of time for my da ...

yes, what u've mentioned abt the learning attitude is really a very important element for kid's future study.......

btw, just got HKPS's result, my boy is only on waiting list, haha..........so 煩少一間!

33#
發表於 10-1-13 12:55 |只看該作者
Hi Sorb,

Do you know apart from Ms She, is there any 褓姆車 operated by the other companies travelling from So Chit to Kowloon (like Kowloon City, Diamond Hill)?

Many thanks.

34#
發表於 10-1-13 14:55 |只看該作者
Sorry, no idea.  I have heard of Ms She only.  

原帖由 JWKC 於 10-1-13 12:55 發表
Hi Sorb,

Do you know apart from Ms She, is there any 褓姆車 operated by the other companies travelling from So Chit to Kowloon (like Kowloon City, Diamond Hill)?

Many thanks.

35#
發表於 10-1-14 16:42 |只看該作者
For the school bus, not sure if you tried to ask via this thread.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=242935&extra=page%3D1&page=1

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-13 14:55 發表
Sorry, no idea.  I have heard of Ms She only.  

36#
發表於 10-1-14 16:44 |只看該作者
Oh, note you have asked question in this thread already.  Hope you can find the nanny bus for your kid to go to school soon.

原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-14 16:42 發表
For the school bus, not sure if you tried to ask via this thread.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=242935&extra=page%3D1&page=1

37#
發表於 10-1-16 13:21 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-5 17:08 發表
There is no classroom run-down from the school to the parents.  A generic run-down was posted in the classroom. So, I don't think any PM class parents can give you a run-down.  In general, each day (3 ...

Hi Sorb,
想請問清楚,咁PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?少外籍小朋友?蘇浙係咪另有國際班?外國小朋友都係讀國際班多?tks!

38#
發表於 10-1-18 12:52 |只看該作者
PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?  100% correct.  Starting from KG, the English time will be increased to 45 minutes.

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN THE LOCAL STREAM OF PRIMARY SCHOOL. 少外籍小朋友?  I DON'T KNOW IF YOU WILL SAY IT IS 少.  GIVE YOU AN EXAMPLE, IN MY KID'S LAST YEAR'S PN CLASS, I THINK AROUND 8-10 STUDENTS ARE 外籍小朋友(I.E. WESTERNERS, JAPANESE, KOREAN, MIXED KID) COMPARED TO THE TOTAL CLASS OF  APPROXIMATELY 34 STUDENTS.

蘇浙係咪另有國際班? YES 外國小朋友都係讀國際班多 I THINK SO, BUT SOME WILL STILL STAY IN LOCAL STREAM AS THEIR PARENTS EMPHASIS MORE ON MANDARINE.  

BUT FOR KCS, PN CLASS NO 國際班.  國際班 STARTS FROM KG.

原帖由 pingu_k 於 10-1-16 13:21 發表

Hi Sorb,
想請問清楚,咁PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?少外籍小朋友?蘇浙係咪另有國際班?外國小朋友都係讀國際班多?tks! ...

39#
發表於 10-1-18 23:37 |只看該作者
Hi Sorb,

Do you know which primary schools do the students of KCS go to? Do most stick with So Chit? My son was born in November, so he's a 細仔.  Do you know if they prefer "big boy" instead of "small boy"? I'm very interested in KCS, as I also think learning Chinese and having a good solid foundation is important.  Any tips you could give me as to how to get into KCS? Interview tips? Many thanks!

40#
發表於 10-1-19 01:59 |只看該作者
原帖由 Sorb 於 10-1-18 12:52 發表
PN係咪即係每日0.5小時英文堂,其他時間都係普通話?  100% correct.  Starting from KG, the English time will be increased to 45 minutes.

呢隻班係咪多數香港小朋友讀?  YES, IF YOU WANT YOUR KID TO STUDY IN  ...

tks!!原來上K1先有int'l class?咁可以到時再諗!我仲以為自己睇漏左,無諗清楚應該選邊隻班最好添,嚇c!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題