用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 To RC G1 Parents, whick Kinder does your kid come fr ...
查看: 4717|回覆: 26
go

To RC G1 Parents, whick Kinder does your kid come from? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-3 23:59 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
As topic.
my target school for my kid is RC, now i'm wondering which kinder should I consider for him. he's got the offered from WKS ESF, however, my husband and I were not really feel satisfy with some aspect of that school, so we rejected the offered at last!

now we are considering some other school apart from it! could all of you kindly give me some hints and advice!

thx so much for help!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-4 00:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 rororolee 於 10-2-3 23:59 發表
As topic.
my target school for my kid is RC, now i'm wondering which kinder should I consider for him. he's got the offered from WKS ESF, however, my husband and I were not really feel satisfy with so ...

If RC is your target, u should not have turned down WKS offer.
Your priority for interview will be down from no.2 to no. 5 (lowest) amongst RC admission policy (assume u have no sibling studying in RC).

3#
發表於 10-2-4 09:34 |只看該作者
My kid comes from Victoria and some of his classmates come from St Cat, HK Preschool, KCS and etc.

As topic.
my target school for my kid is RC, now i'm wondering which kinder should I consider for him. he's got the offered from WKS ESF, however, my husband and I were not really feel satisfy with so ...

4#
發表於 10-2-4 09:53 |只看該作者
I presume your kid is in Year 1 or higher, right? Cos' the situation is different every year and having seen the keen competition (with an extra ESF Kinder) this year, I strongly believe the situation will change.

原帖由 Radiomama 於 10-2-4 09:34 發表
My kid comes from Victoria and some of his classmates come from St Cat, HK Preschool, KCS and etc.

5#
發表於 10-2-4 09:58 |只看該作者
I think the question is whether you have priority for an interview, right? If you have attended the RC briefing / school visit, you would have known that they will offer interview to ALL ESF Kinder kids and for the other kinders, I really don't know how they give them random chance for interview.
As topic.

6#
發表於 10-2-4 11:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 09:53 發表
I presume your kid is in Year 1 or higher, right? Cos' the situation is different every year and having seen the keen competition (with an extra ESF Kinder) this year, I strongly believe the situation ...

09/10 3XX applicants;
10/11 5XX applicants;
11/12 ???? applicants?
Less vacancies for non ESF kinder in 1st round interview after fulfilling 4 ESF kinder applicants.
The school may have higher expectation in English skills when there are so many applicants to screen in the coming years.
I always feel lucky to be an Year 1 parent form an non-ESF kinder in 09/10. Chance is getting slim in the coming years.

7#
發表於 10-2-4 11:31 |只看該作者
My daughter is not from ESF kinder but not even her, her classmate also got offer from RC this year.  As we do not know how competitive this year but I have heard there is some children from ESF did not get offer to RC.  But not sure whether it is true.

8#
發表於 10-2-4 11:57 |只看該作者
原帖由 DiamondHill 於 10-2-4 11:31 發表
My daughter is not from ESF kinder but not even her, her classmate also got offer from RC this year.  As we do not know how competitive this year but I have heard there is some children from ESF did n ...

As far as I know,
last year 100% applicants were interviewed in the first round;
this year only 2xx  (I'm not so sure the no. but must be less than 100%) were invited in first round;
a. having an interview not equal to having an offer (otherwise no need to interview);
b. no interview = no offer.
c. someone turndown their offers;
d. no interview become having interview;
At the end of the admsision game, Year 1 children must be from different kinders(ESF & non-ESF) but I can foresee the ratio ESF kinder children will be increasing while potential ESF kinder applicants are increasing (more ESF kinder and more classes); all having prority of having interview in the first round.
It is nothing related to the children's ability from ESF or non-ESF kinder. It is just the rule of the game.

9#
發表於 10-2-4 12:37 |只看該作者
Put it that way, from statistic point of view, RCHK interviewed around 350 applicants (out of 5xx) and out of the 350, around 250 were ESF Kinder students as they will interview 'ALL' ESF kinder kids.  Of course, not all 250 ESF kids could pass the screening.  Let say there are 550 applicants and 250 were ESF Kinder kids, that means out of the remaining 300 non-ESF kinder kids, only 100 get the chance for interview.

Thats why I would suggest that if RC is anyone's target school, ESF kinder will be a 'Safe' choice but not necessary the 'Best' choice.
原帖由 DiamondHill 於 10-2-4 11:31 發表
My daughter is not from ESF kinder but not even her, her classmate also got offer from RC this year.  As we do not know how competitive this year but I have heard there is some children from ESF did n ...

10#
發表於 10-2-4 18:39 |只看該作者
we also rejected the offer from WKS ESF after school visit!!

11#
發表於 10-2-4 19:03 |只看該作者
My child is year 1 student at RC.There are 28 students in the class.I can see around 10 students from Cat 1(silbings),5 to 6 from
ESF kindergarten ,4 or 5  are foreigners and the others from any kind of  kindergarten.
So, it's true even non ESF kindergarten can get into RC in 2009.But do remember the WKS students,I think they can take 5 to 6 of the class this year,then how many places for the out siders?
If your child is the first born one and the target is RC,WKS is the choice.

[ 本帖最後由 waiwai123 於 10-2-5 09:22 編輯 ]

12#
發表於 10-2-5 12:03 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 10-2-5 12:04 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

14#
發表於 10-2-5 12:31 |只看該作者
Yes, my kid is in year 1.

Apart from the advantage of belonging to the "same" org (ie ESF), anyone would also consider the performance of students?  

Somehow, I "believe" (without any proof) RC would also want to push the academic performance a little bite higher than the other ESF primary.

原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 09:53 發表
I presume your kid is in Year 1 or higher, right? Cos' the situation is different every year and having seen the keen competition (with an extra ESF Kinder) this year, I strongly believe the situation ...

15#
發表於 10-2-5 13:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 10-2-5 12:31 發表
Yes, my kid is in year 1.

Apart from the advantage of belonging to the "same" org (ie ESF), anyone would also consider the performance of students?  

Somehow, I "believe" (without any proof) RC woul ...

Hi Radiomama,
How do you "feel" the school pushed for academic?
I don't feel being pushed except there are books of Chinese Characters Writing (Are my daughter and your son in the same class[MH]?)

16#
發表於 10-2-5 13:56 |只看該作者
Hi oooray,

My son and your daughter are not from the same class but did your daughter go thru dictations?  What do you feel when you receive the report card?  "Outstanding" is something RC looking for.

原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 13:22 發表

Hi Radiomama,
How do you "feel" the school pushed for academic?
I don't feel being pushed except there are books of Chinese Characters Writing (Are my daughter and your son in the same class[MH]?)

17#
發表於 10-2-5 14:12 |只看該作者
Hi Radiomama,

Does your son have dictations at school? Seems like my daughter's class (MH) doesn't.

Regarding the report, I am contented with the comments and appreciate the efforts by my daughter. She's got only one "outstanding" and others are "consistent". But I am very impressed that  she asked to write the report reflection by herself.

18#
發表於 10-2-5 14:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 Radiomama 於 10-2-5 13:56 發表
Hi oooray,

My son and your daughter are not from the same class but did your daughter go thru dictations?  What do you feel when you receive the report card?  "Outstanding" is something RC looking fo ...

Dictation?No... Maybe yes. she did not tell me. (I will ask her again tonight). Instead, last week I saw a paper full of highlighted vocabularies (simple) but I guess it was only a quiz of correctness of pronounciations/word recognitions. I saw a similar one during the 3-way conference.
Report Card : Full of words and numbers. I could not figure it out what are their guidelines between consitence and outstanding (too abstract!) but its seems encouraging children (and parents) keep improving themselves.
(I wonder any child get all "outstanding" in these reports?haha...)
I feel different class teachers are doing freely and differently in their classes within the IB frame.

19#
發表於 10-2-5 14:22 |只看該作者
To answer the thread starter's question, my daughter is from non-ESF kindergarten. My little son is also in non-ESF kindergarten studying K1. I'm anxious to know if the priority policy will change in Sept 2010.

20#
發表於 10-2-5 14:22 |只看該作者
原帖由 琬晴B 於 10-2-5 14:12 發表
Hi Radiomama,

Does your son have dictations at school? Seems like my daughter's class (MH) doesn't.

Regarding the report, I am contented with the comments and appreciate the efforts by my daughter.  ...

I wonder does every child get the similar report?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題