教育王國 討論區 國際學校 anyone can advice on CIS?
發新帖
查看: 5375|回覆: 8
go

anyone can advice on CIS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-11 12:50 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Can anyone comments pls on Chinese International School

I would like to know how is the kids(primary) discipline?

Is it very difficult to get a seat if I dont bear the corporate normination?

does the personal normiantion right is available or actually need annual levy?

Is the CIS kids all come from very wealthy families?

Thousands thanks!!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-2-11 20:48 |只看該作者
Corporate debenture holders do have priority.

For non-corporate debenture holders, when your kid is admitted to CIS, the admission office will ask for your choice between Personal Nomination Right or Annual Levy.

Yes, most of the kids come from wealthy families, especially those admitted in primary.  But in recent years,  more kids who are children of university professors join in.  These parents and I are the "poor guys" of the school.

原帖由 lcip 於 10-2-11 12:50 發表
Can anyone comments pls on Chinese International School

I would like to know how is the kids(primary) discipline?

Is it very difficult to get a seat if I dont bear the corporate normination?

does  ...

3#
發表於 10-2-12 13:32 |只看該作者
foolish.mom, when should we start applying for the reception?  My son is like 3.5 months old, I am quite interested in getting into CIS, would like to know the details.  I checked out their website and I need to wait until the child is at least 2 years old before I can actually submit the applications.  But are there any exceptions to this?

The website also listed out the tuition fees, I guess it's only the school fees.  How about other administrative fees?  How much would the school charge us per month (in average)?  many thanks for your comments.

4#
發表於 10-2-16 20:17 |只看該作者
小冬姑,

I have no idea about the timing of the application of reception or primary class, as my kid joined CIS in year 7.

Besides tuition fee, the school charges around $5K per year (for reception) for edcuational resources fee and miscellanous.  The amount will become around $10K in secondary school.

5#
發表於 10-2-20 19:25 |只看該作者
Comply as the school website told. Even if you send in the application early CIS will return it to you. IMO the applications are not treated on first-come-first-serve basis, what is important is the equivalence of child's age and the year of entry.

原帖由 小冬姑 於 10-2-12 13:32 發表
foolish.mom, when should we start applying for the reception?  My son is like 3.5 months old, I am quite interested in getting into CIS, would like to know the details.  I checked out their website an ...

6#
發表於 10-2-22 18:55 |只看該作者
thanks foolish.mom!

I still haven't decided to apply or not.

7#
發表於 10-2-28 17:46 |只看該作者
I'd like to know more abt the debenture details.  Is it true that only Corporate debenture holder (i.e. abt HK$3m) have priority to enter the school?  For others, the school will offer private debenture (i.e. about $75k) or capital levy after the kid is accepted?

8#
發表於 10-3-2 20:23 |只看該作者
Yes, corporate debenture holders have priority to be admitted, but not 100% debenture holders are accepted.

For non-corporate debenture holders, when your kid is admitted to CIS, the admission office will ask for your choice between Personal Nomination Right or Annual Levy.

9#
發表於 10-3-16 21:10 |只看該作者
Yah, I heard b4 that some kid still did not get in even though he/she had the debenture.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題