密      碼:
搜索
發新帖
查看: 6031|回覆: 13
go

Oxford Reading Tree [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-7-1 01:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
之前好似見過有媽咪話LH都鼓勵學生睇Oxford Reading Tree, 請問會要求家長自行買嗎? 如是, 需要帶回校嗎? (因諗緊會唔會在書展買定, 又睇中了大陸版(因便宜很多), 如要帶回校大陸版又好似唔係幾好....有冇existing LH 家長分享下? Thanks.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-7-2 00:14 |只看該作者
No, the school will not request you to buy it. Instead, some reading exercise is based on those ORT books but the worksheet will come with the book together, say, on Friday. Then, the worksheet should be returned with the book together.

Besides purchasing the books, you can consider borrowing them from HK Public Library. It's good also if you can take your child to the library to choose the books and to establish his/her reading habit.

醒目開學勳章

3#
發表於 10-7-5 11:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 huba 於 10-7-2 00:14 發表
No, the school will not request you to buy it. Instead, some reading exercise is based on those ORT books but the worksheet will come with the book together, say, on Friday. Then, the worksheet should ...

exactly !  

my son can easy to handle these books, he can read and spell.

It is good for combining word recognition skills and language comprehension.

[ 本帖最後由 眼超超 於 10-7-5 11:22 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 10-7-6 09:46 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot for your info.  等我去library 搵搵先....:loveliness:

5#
發表於 10-7-6 09:53 |只看該作者
It's hot Summer days. To save sweat and time, you may check through HKPL's online catalogue first:

http://libcat.hkpl.gov.hk/webpac_eng/wgbroker.exe?new+-access+top.main-page

原帖由 EggEgg08 於 6/7/2010 09:46 發表
Thanks a lot for your info.  等我去library 搵搵先....:loveliness:

6#
發表於 10-9-9 23:05 |只看該作者
My boy loves the ORT books.  I have bought a few sets of it (from Stage 2-5) as I have to repeat telling the same story books everyday.

7#
發表於 10-10-17 10:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 huba 於 10-7-2 00:14 發表
No, the school will not request you to buy it. Instead, some reading exercise is based on those ORT books but the worksheet will come with the book together, say, on Friday. Then, the worksheet should ...

huba, 你意思係學校如果做功課嘅話, 就會借學校嘅ORT's book 比小朋友帶返屋企睇?  Anyway, 我已經叫左學校代購, 之前係library但好難借齊, 同埋有時未睇完要還, 所以都係買係屋企可以隨時睇, 不過真係幾貴呢!

係咪因為學之園比較少學生, 好像無乜家長係樹傾計咁嘅?

8#
發表於 10-10-17 22:56 |只看該作者
When my child was studying in K2, I remember the school did provide ORT books for home reading. However, these ORT books do not overlap with those we bought through the school. This year, the school provides Scholastic books for home reading.

Just a personal sharing that reading the books purchased through or provided by the school are just the basics. To build up your child's reading habit, I would still suggest you to bring him/her to the libraries/bookshops regularly in addition to surrounding your child by books at home. (Please consider to join the public library's reading scheme too.) Once the child's reading habit is established, you will soon be surprised by their speed of absorbing knowledge.

Regarding your second question, I have the same question too. Though personally, I see good networking and communication among the LHK parents outside school. It's just that they are not too keen on posting here even I know they do read here. Besides, the communications between parents and school are also good so please don't have the false perception that the LHK parents are cold and not enthusiastic.

My additional question is why there is no separate BK forum for other LHK campuses?

Any further question about LHK, please feel free to post here and I'll do my best to share my experience. As my child has enjoyed quality education in LHK, I am happy to share and hope my sharing may help others too.

原帖由 sunshine231207 於 17/10/2010 10:44 發表

huba, 你意思係學校如果做功課嘅話, 就會借學校嘅ORT's book 比小朋友帶返屋企睇?  ... 乜家長係樹傾計咁嘅?

[ 本帖最後由 huba 於 10-10-19 23:24 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 10-11-28 18:28 |只看該作者
各位LH 家長

我之前係學校訂左set oxford reading tree (blue pack, stage 2 stories), 有6本書(即The toy's party....).  呢套書嘅內容係用simple past tense 嘅, 但跟書無workbook & CD.  亞女依家開始幾鍾意睇, 想買埋其他幾pack 比佢睇.

我係書局見到都有Oxford reading tree 賣, 都係blue pack, 但有8本書, 其中6本同學校嘅story 一樣, 不過內容就係用simple present tense, 同埋有時會多左一句sentence咁.  而呢pack 就有埋workbook 同 CD 嘅.  想問下大家有無買書局果pack 比小朋友睇呢?  而學校果個板本書局無得買(我之前問過商務嘅staff, oxford reading tree 太多series,佢地無賣其他series, 家長要透過學校先買到喎.)

期實之前好像係BK 見過有人話simple present tense 係專for HK 小朋友睇, 因為香港嘅小朋友都係由simple present tense 學起嘅, 但學校借比我地返屋企睇同建議買嘅又唔係呢個板本, 大家點睇呀?

10#
發表於 10-11-29 23:49 |只看該作者

回覆 1# sunshine231207 的文章

For pre-school students (like LHK's) who start learning English from 2 or 3 years old, they learn through immersion and active usage.

In my understanding (please feel free to correct), the school does not teach them grammar directly so tenses are nothing to the kids. Thus, I don't see any concern whether the ORT book shows sentences in present tense or past tense. The more important thing is that the children enjoy reading and establish reading habit.

[ 本帖最後由 huba 於 10-11-29 23:51 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 10-12-9 13:20 |只看該作者
可以在青田買到.  www.greenfieldhk.com

12#
發表於 11-7-14 11:48 |只看該作者
when to start let baby read? my son is 3mo old now...

13#
發表於 11-7-14 13:33 |只看該作者
You can start reading for him now with baby board books first. Then, proceed gradually. In bookstores/libraries, you can find range of books for kids of different age.

Also suggest you to read books like 'How to teach your baby to read' by Glenn Doman. You may borrow this kind of reference books from public libraries too.

原帖由 elytis 於 14/7/2011 11:48 發表
when to start let baby read? my son is 3mo old now...

14#
發表於 11-12-16 09:59 |只看該作者
請問throught LH訂約幾多折?
我個女下年讀LH考慮緊依家買定下年先買。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題