搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保羅男女中學附屬小學 St Paul's Co-ed or DG/ DB
發新帖
查看: 11520|回覆: 13
go

St Paul's Co-ed or DG/ DB [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-7-6 23:24 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
May I know which school will you choose if a girl being accepted by St Paul's Co-ed and DG or a boy being accepted by St Paul's Co-ed and DB.
   3    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-7-8 17:30 |只看該作者
SPCCPS is a Chinese Primary school whereas DG nad DB are English Primary schools. The standard of Chinese is much higher than in SPCCPS, e.g. for P.1 they expect the student to be able to write 60-80 words in the Chinese composition. Up to P.2, they expect they can write up to120 words. And they demand all answers in complete sentences in all subjects. But, their English level is comparatively lower than DG and DB. But still a little higher than other primary schools. The maths standard is also quite high in SPCCPS, after P.1, one would have learnt the beginning of multiplication, division, fraction, prime numbers...
One more point to take in consideration is the environment of being study together with one sex or both sex. To me, I would prefer studying in a co-ed environment, at least it gives you more experience to cope with the opposite sex.

3#
發表於 10-11-23 13:39 |只看該作者
Hi CSW
I always have the feeling that SPCCPS is better than DBS on academic side, but DBS is better on all the activities in sports, music, etc.  Other than the co-ed environment, what other reason for you to choose SPCCPS.  Thanks.

4#
發表於 10-11-24 07:17 |只看該作者

Every school is good

SPCCPS has an advantage that is a Co-educational school. A child will be educated well wherever he studies because all schools you mentioned are the wonderful colleges in HK. Right?

原帖由 hinhinmami10 於 10-11-23 13:39 發表
Hi CSW
I always have the feeling that SPCCPS is better than DBS on academic side, but DBS is better on all the activities in sports, music, etc.  Other than the co-ed environment, what other reason fo ...

5#
發表於 10-11-26 13:32 |只看該作者
Hi Genuine
Thanks for your comments and advice! you are really nice ar!!
Thanks

6#
發表於 10-11-27 05:41 |只看該作者
so funny how come all replies in english
我加 d 中文先

7#
發表於 10-11-28 11:36 |只看該作者
For my personal consideration/comparison, it really depends on the followings and individual priorities:

1) Language preference:
- SPCCPS is mainly in Chi for Primary 1-5, in Eng for Primary 6 and Secondary school.
- DGJS is mainly in Eng

2) School Location
- Traveling time from home

3) Gender
- SPCCPS: Co-edu
- DGJS: Girls

4) Budget
- SPCCPS: school fee is $60,000 p.a.
- DGJS: school fee is $41,000 p.a.

5) Quality of students & teachers:
- Your preference on the school's learning environment, atmosphere and culture.
- SPCCPS: There may be more new teachers recently due to raising their teacher to student ratio (short term could be bad, but long term should be good).

6) Attention to students
- SPCCPS: 30 students per class with 1 teacher and 1 assistant teacher (speak Mandarin), thus each student should has more attention.
- DGJS: 35 students per class with 1 teacher.
- Exposure, excursion, overseas trip opportunities (should be similar)

7) School Facilities
- SPCCPS standalone for Primary School (may have more room for juniors)
- DGJS new campus in 2011 - DGJS & DGS same location (may have higher chances to learn from senior girls)

8) Any other factors you can think of that is important to you.
- E.g. Amount of homework, level of difficulties (should be similar).

Definitely not an easy decision...and I hope I will have this decision to make in the coming weeks too :)

Hope this can help a bit in stimulating your thought!

Cheers

8#
發表於 10-12-21 22:25 |只看該作者

回覆 7# natpa 的文章

Seeing from other topic that you get both schools offers. How's your decision?

9#
發表於 10-12-27 16:02 |只看該作者

回復 8# Haymama 的帖子

The family loved both schools. We will decide mainly based on my daughter's Lang preference, traveling time, co-ed, exam schedule, budget, facilities, culture, etc. Will have a decision by early Jan and will release the seats of other schools then.

10#
發表於 11-1-11 12:46 |只看該作者
Re: your pt. 6.

Control a boy class is more difficult than a girl class. Co-ed is in between.

原帖由 natpa 於 10-11-28 11:36 發表
For my personal consideration/comparison, it really depends on the followings and individual priorities:

1) Language preference:
- SPCCPS is mainly in Chi for Primary 1-5, in Eng for Primary 6 and Se ...

11#
發表於 11-1-12 20:15 |只看該作者

回復 10# DGJS 的帖子

Very true!!

12#
發表於 11-1-13 15:37 |只看該作者
I believe the points that you have mentioned are already worthy to consider.

Just point out one additional factor, i.e. # of examinations.

I have friends in SPCCPS, their kids cannot enjoy most of the holidays. The examination time does not allow them to have travelling during X'mas. I have also friends in DGJS. Their daughter needs to work hard as well. However, exams has already finished before major holidays.

原帖由 natpa 於 11-1-12 20:15 發表
Very true!!

13#
發表於 11-1-19 10:22 |只看該作者

回復 12# DGJS 的帖子

Thanks DGJS, I heard about this lately too... which is really worth considering. We have finally made up our mind and released the seat of other schools accordingly!

14#
發表於 11-1-19 11:17 |只看該作者
I wish you have already made a good choice.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題