UP

2#
發表於 04-11-15 13:39 |只看該作者

Re: How to choose HKUGA/ST PAUL CONVENT

I prefer St. Paul Convent.

3#
發表於 04-11-15 14:37 |只看該作者

i think your kid is a girl, maybe my boy is rejected by HKUGA, i still prefer HKUGA
since the teaching method of these two schools are quite different, see what type of kid (passive or active), what type of parents you are (really to have a happy kid or expect high academic result)

in fact no one can help you to make decision

or maybe you already got a model answer in mind

wishing you can make a good choice for your kid
該用戶已被刪除

4#
發表於 04-11-15 16:08 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

5#
發表於 04-11-15 16:41 |只看該作者

auntie_mayi
請問你可唔可以講多小小關於港大同學會小學既資料俾我聽? 因為我未識人o係入面讀, 我個女今年k2, 我唸我要gather多d資料, 唔該晒
佢係咪屬於活動教學? 但佢好似未有中學bor, 咁怕唔怕函接唔到傳統中學?
如果去考, 有咩秘訣? 佢會prefer邊類型既學生?

6#
發表於 04-11-15 19:32 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom

聽講鍾意閱讀的小朋友,如果有兩個小朋友,就要考慮清楚,因為第二個小朋友唔一定會收.我有朋友第一個仔係HKUGA讀,但係第二個仔冇收,要分開兩間學校讀都給麻煩.

7#
發表於 04-11-15 22:49 |只看該作者

ChingChingfather,

Not me. Just my friend want to know, how to choose?  If you, you will choose which school?

Thanks
該用戶已被刪除

8#
發表於 04-11-16 09:50 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

9#
發表於 04-11-16 10:38 |只看該作者

小羽,
唔該晒你既資料, 對唔住, 因為我對間學校真係無咩認識(因為佢太新我又無朋友讀緊), 但又聽過佢幾好, 所以可唔可以幫我問下:
1. 佢既教學方法係點, 應該唔係傳統教學?
2. 如果唔係傳統教學, 怕唔怕中一函接唔到主流中學?
一萬個唔該!!

10#
發表於 04-11-16 13:44 |只看該作者

charlotte_mom

what 小羽's info is correct, you can know more by visiting the website of HKUGA at www.hkugaps.edu.hk, secondary school will be commenced in 2005 at Wong Chuk Hang
if you got two children, bear in mind, they may not study together but with little preference

this primary school prefers kids who are patient, concentrate, fond of reading, outgoing character

no exam don't mean no assessment, 'coz the teachers record the performance of the student from time to time, lots of creative projects/assignment instead of handwriting (boring)

you must have similar or the same target with the school before you make application

my friend's daughter is now studying in this school, her feedback -- like campus life very much, the family can have more time to spend during weekends instead of doing extra supplements, preparing for exam, homework ... like her other ex-kindergarten pals

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

11#
發表於 04-11-16 15:19 |只看該作者

auntie_mayi
Oh My God! This is exactly what I'm looking for!
你知嗎, 我個女係o係間所謂international kindergarten讀nursery, 之後為左secure小一, 我同佢考左真光, 頭半年簡直係個惡夢, 我唔係話真光唔好, 但可能我個女係比較坐唔定果隻, 而真光係比較傾向train up d小朋友好有規律咁follow all the rules(which is , to be fair, somehow essential for early childhood education), 我個女成日俾人punish, 佢唔敢去表達自己, 當第一份成績表返黎話佢連1-4都唔識數, 我真係想喊(當時佢已經識數到20)
事隔一年, 佢而家上學已經好好多, 但有option的話, 我當然唔想佢做小填鴨啦
thank you very much for your info. 我會上佢網頁認真睇下

12#
發表於 04-11-16 21:57 |只看該作者

auntie-mayi,

Not exactly right la!  If first child is admitted, you are right that there is no guarantee for 2nd child to get in HKUGAPS.  However, if what I have heard is right and the school still continue this policy, a few extra marks (for having brother/sisyter already sutdying there) will be given for 2nd child.

If after adding such few extra marks still not high enough when compare with all other kids, then no chance la!

The school's drama class for all P1 students to attend (in first term) is excellent.  

13#
發表於 04-11-16 22:12 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom

我都聽人話間學校好,怎好就冇人講,通常都係話小朋友開心,功課少,我朋友佢要返工,所以沒參加家長義工,所知資訊有限,
書本年年換出版社,佢話學校老師都好後生,有走咗一些老師,連校長都做埋班主任.讀得唔好會有repeat,佢都有滴耽心,將來讀唔到間中學,要送個仔去外國讀.總之新學校需要些時間,目前睇不出好與不好,要有心理準備唔介意做"白老鼠".

14#
發表於 04-11-17 00:57 |只看該作者

小羽 寫道:
Charlotte_mom

我都聽人話間學校好,怎好就冇人講,通常都係話小朋友開心,功課少,我朋友佢要返工,所以沒參加家長義工,所知資訊有限,
書本年年換出版社,佢話學校老師都好後生,有走咗一些老師,連校長都做埋班主任.讀得唔好會有repeat,佢都有滴耽心,將來讀唔到間中學,要送個仔去外國讀.總之新學校需要些時間,目前睇不出好與不好,要有心理準備唔介意做"白老鼠".

For those parents of HKUGA students that I know, they are not stupid enough to let their kid to be 白老鼠 la.  Who would 唔介意做"白老鼠?  Paid school fee and take risk for their kid's life to be 白老鼠?  No need to say too much la!  

You said "目前睇不出好與不好"?  Check with your friend if she has the same view la!  Please just look at their students la!  Have they learned?  Have they changed?  Have they improved day by day?  Are they getting worst?  These are evidence of 好與不好 for this moment! and for your assess of this school...

I observed my friend's children, who used to be lazy to read and do not like doing homework.  They changed in 3 months time and able to pick up story books and read by themselves, pack their school bag, check homework on their own, like to compete with school mates for reading more books/doing better worksheet; able to read Chinese textbook in good Mandarine.  Their peer group seems to have similar style and therefore influenced each other.

Dear parents,

Find out more directly from their students la...   please evaluate and assess by yourself.  If you 睇不出好與不好 or unsure, then better don't apply la...

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

15#
發表於 04-11-17 10:12 |只看該作者

我都明白, 間學校係新, 點都有d uncertainty o係度, 所以我會擔心, 如果以佢既教育手法, 怕唔怕同中學接唔到, 而家我知佢有中學, 個心會定好多, 可能我本身唸住等小朋友讀中二左右, 就會俾佢去外國讀, 所以我唔須要唸埋中學公開試咁遠

試一樣新野, 點都要take小小risk, 但最緊要你對間學校有信心, 係咪? (結婚生仔轉工, 人生幾時都take緊risk架啦), 我自己係第二"界"入科大既, 你話我係咪白老鼠?

通常d official channel, 都俾唔到咩有用資料, 所以先要上黎問jer, 我都唔想咁白癡, 人講一句我就信一句, 不過多個意見, 我都會take into consideration, 呢間學校最impress我既, 係佢會覺得: 知識係自己求返黎, 唔係等人spoon feed <--呢樣野我到讀大學至領略到, 我希望我個小朋友都早d有呢個concept, 會對佢既將來影響好大

anyway, 多謝咁多位意見

16#
發表於 04-11-18 02:01 |只看該作者

Dear All,

All your information are very useful!

I knew that St Paul Convent emphaisized in discipline, their English is good, they trained the students to be very independent & well behaved; their homework/workload is not heavy.

Any tips in applying HKUGA?  Do they prefer mother as a working mom or housewife?  Is family financial background an important issue? Do we need to prepare detial profile of the son/daughter?  Do the kid won any prizes or taken many course before applying P.1?

I'll appreciate if you all can give me more ideas of HKGUA.

17#
發表於 04-11-20 00:31 |只看該作者

candies 寫道:
Dear All,

All your information are very useful!

I knew that St Paul Convent emphaisized in discipline, their English is good, they trained the students to be very independent & well behaved; their homework/workload is not heavy.

Any tips in applying HKUGA?  Do they prefer mother as a working mom or housewife?  Is family financial background an important issue? Do we need to prepare detial profile of the son/daughter?  Do the kid won any prizes or taken many course before applying P.1?

I'll appreciate if you all can give me more ideas of HKGUA.

My freind has two daughters both stuidying at St Paul Convent.  They hire two private English teachers!  One foreign teacher to train Oral English, one local teacher to teach English grammer!!!!!   

It is true that they do not have heavy homework.

For tips in applying HKUGA.

Do they prefer mother as a working mom or housewife?  No preference, this is irrelevant.   But you do need to spent sometime at night to encourgae/accompany your kid to read English and Chinese story books.

Is family financial background an important issue? Not at all.

Do we need to prepare detail profile of the son/daughter?  
I don't think so.  If you worried, please just prepare a 1 to 2 pages long profile.

Do the kid won any prizes or taken many course before applying P.1?  
No need.

18#
發表於 04-11-21 23:43 |只看該作者

Thank you very much, Thinker.

19#
發表於 04-11-23 00:29 |只看該作者

Charlotte_mom

"知識係自己求返黎, 唔係等人spoon feed".  

Yes, you are right.  This is extremely useful for training students to learn with that attitude.  This really benefit his/her life time.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題