密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 國際學校的家長
查看: 7733|回覆: 26
go

國際學校的家長 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-8-4 10:26 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
囝囝剛剛2歲,因尚未想好囝囝應入本地學校或國際學校,為學好合群和自理,將就讀本地課程n1,也同時上woodland星期一、三、五英文班(playgroup)

其實我尚未想好讓囝囝入國際學校的原因是現時香港學制不善,一時又334,唔識"通識"又為飯碗去教"通識".........

我公司有一批同事的兒女就讀國際學校,他們說平常家長之間溝通都要""(包括日常生小節,就算只有幾位家長,而你知道大家都在家中/工作上用廣東話溝通,也要以英語對話。)自己之前在外國留學,現在打鬼佬工,日常英語溝通無難度,但我唔想好似d同事""鬼。我覺得中英文良好是非常重要,就算我比囝囝去國際學校,我亦只考慮中英良好的國際學校(如星加坡國際)

我既問題係﹕
家長要""鬼嗎?

如想報考國際學校preparation class,我現時應該怎麼培訓囝囝?

謝謝!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-8-4 11:06 |只看該作者
如対方不識中文、便用英文、如同是香港人、又没有外籍人在場、便用中文、不用扮的。  如要扮的話、也只是個人的虚栄心。  有時可能小朋友PREFER用英文時、也会用英文溝通。 VICJO提到的SINGAPOREN INTL SCHOOL,有否観察過同学之間是否要MANDARIN溝通?  OR 用英文多?  有時実際同理想是2回事呢!!
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

3#
發表於 10-8-4 11:23 |只看該作者
原帖由 vicjo 於 10-8-4 10:26 發表
囝囝剛剛2歲,因尚未想好囝囝應入本地學校或國際學校,為學好合群和自理,將就讀本地課程n1,也同時上woodland星期一、三、五英文班(playgroup)。

其實我尚未想好讓囝囝入國際學校的原因是現時香港學制不善,一時又334,唔識" ...

It depends how to feel about communication at home.  I went through international school and my parents insisted on cantonese communication at home.  For my son, I prefer English, but it may seem "pretend" in other parents point of view, only because I feel I don't sound as "scary" or "angry" when I discipline him in english.  My family feels that I yell too much in cantonese when I tell him off.

I would say... do whatever is comfortable for your family.

If you are considering bilingual schools, you might want to look into KCIS as well as SIS too.  But as far as I see, most children at SIS speak english amongst their peers too.

But one thing is true, all international schools interviews look into english proficiency.

4#
發表於 10-8-4 12:06 |只看該作者
多謝你們的回復

我與老公一直討論與囝囝溝通的主要語言問題。囝囝星期一至五日間都有老人家與賓姐一起照顧,所以廣東話無問題。閑日晚間及星期六日則由我同老公照顧。我曾經有同老公提及我們一起與囝囝用英文溝通,強化囝囝的英文能力。老公不願意,如只有我與賓姐同囝囝講英文,同老公講廣東話真係精神分裂。現時囝囝主要以廣東話與家人溝通(賓姐英文)。

我知道星加坡國際學生在校內是以英文溝通,但我有粗略看過他們中文程度都ok,亦知道是簡體字。我有入表KCIS,但排長龍,仲未到囝囝。

我的國際學校家長同事們說如我不立即在家用英文溝通,就不好浪費金錢去報國際學校。面試用英文,你個囝只係woodland星期一、三、五英文班,一定死硬。

好頭痛!!

5#
發表於 10-8-4 12:24 |只看該作者
我的FRIEND的EXAMPLE:
①MOTHER: MANDARIN ONLY(因SHE IS NATIVE)
②FATHER: ENGLISH ONLY (OVERSEAS EDUCATED)
WITH THE CHILD
NOW THE CHILD IS 7 AND HE IS COMPLETELY BILINGUAL (NATIVE LEVEL) IN BOTH LANGUAGES。
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

6#
發表於 10-8-4 13:51 |只看該作者
原帖由 vicjo 於 10-8-4 12:06 發表
多謝你們的回復

我與老公一直討論與囝囝溝通的主要語言問題。囝囝星期一至五日間都有老人家與賓姐一起照顧,所以廣東話無問題。閑日晚間及星期六日則由我同老公照顧。我曾經有同老公提及我們一起與囝囝用英文溝通,強化 ...

1. 我覺得妳d同事"扮鬼"只係代表一小部份家長o既諗法;反正各取所需;各有所好;自得其樂;
2. 有人要拼命栽入外國人的生活圈子,以考進最少本地人入讀o既學校,認識最多外籍家長為榮;亦有人只希望子女得到良好教育同時,仍然保持"香港人身份"認同,在家以母語溝通;
3. 至於一個星期3日夠唔夠,家中用何種語言較好;因人而異;我就冇妳d同事咁叻,未夠2歲就批死妳唔掂;當然,英語好一點永遠是有著數的。

7#
發表於 10-8-4 14:31 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

8#
發表於 10-8-4 15:01 |只看該作者
我覺得囝囝以廣東話作為母語ok。其實我都在公司以英文溝通,與國內同事用普通話,回家用廣東話。我相信(如果入國際學校)囝囝在學校用英文/普通話,在家用廣東話亦ok。我國內同事的子女亦是地方語言為母語(如上海話/廣東話…) ,在學校用普通話,一樣普通話ok。可能香港人真的比較緊張(貪心),總想小朋友將來可以用良好的23語來表達。

多謝你們的意見,用大家都明白的語言(英文)溝通亦是一份尊重。

當然是想入那家學校才去報名啦! 我亦好明白現時入讀國際學校的競爭也不少。可能最近有位同事的兒子(她在家已與自己孩子用英語溝通)考不進澳洲國際,所以我才有點迷茫

9#
發表於 10-8-11 15:46 |只看該作者
囡囡小一前全英語溝通,廣東話識聽(下午半日有奶奶/啊媽)唔識講...入咗英基後竟然廣東話大有進步,原來classroom以外playtime D同學係講廣東話嘅(外國同學仔除外),其實小朋友學野好快,尤其是透過遊戲學習喔!

10#
發表於 10-8-11 18:19 |只看該作者

11#
發表於 10-8-11 18:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 vicjo 於 10-8-4 10:26 發表
囝囝剛剛2歲,因尚未想好囝囝應入本地學校或國際學and星期一、三、五英文班(playgroup)。...

Don't worry. Int school parents are very "local" these days. See the CYT and EPGY discussions.

12#
發表於 10-8-11 19:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 nama 於 10-8-11 10:46 發表
囡囡小一前全英語溝通,廣東話識聽(下午半日有奶奶/啊媽)唔識講...入咗英基後竟然廣東話大有進步,原來classroom以外playtime D同學係講廣東話嘅(外國同學仔除外),其實小朋友學野好快,尤其是透過遊戲學習喔!

I wonder which ESF you are talking about?  I always went to my child's school (3 times per week) after school for her extra activities but I only heard English used amongst peers.  Very rarely did they use Chinese even they are just local chinese kids.  

I dont think the school needs to do anything about it.  The school doesnt say anywhere that children need to use English all the time.  It will be strange for the school to force the students which language they should use, as that shld come naturally.  

Anyway, students in the college always always use English so I guess that wl be the 'end result'.
Mighty
love you for you
自分に負けるな!!

13#
發表於 10-8-11 20:01 |只看該作者

14#
發表於 10-8-12 11:23 |只看該作者
I tend to agree with one of the parents who says that it's entirely up to you.  I also plan to put my son (now 2 yr and 3 mths) in an international school in the long run.  

At home, my domestic helper and I talked to my son in English.  My husband and the rest of the family (including the elderly) talked to my son in Cantonese.  We started that since my son was a baby.  Since my mother tongue is Cantonese, I also talked to my hubby in Cantonese.  My experience is... there was a period when my son exhibits signs of confusion, like he may use both English and Cantonese in one sentence. But that period was very brief, around one month when he reached two (he attended Yew Chung bilingual playgroup on weekdays then).  He started joining Woodland (Peak Pre-school) since early July - Mon, Wed, Fri afternoon stepping stone where there is a complete English environment.  He obviously benefited from it and very quickly gets used to switching between languages.  He now talks to me in English (w/o any Cantonese words) and his dad in Cantonese.  The mid-age helper at Woodland (who doesn't know English) told me the other day that my son talked to her in Cantonese, probably noting that the lady did not understand English.

15#
發表於 10-8-12 11:25 |只看該作者
BTW, about the point of being "pretentious".  I think it really depends on the parents themselves.  If I ever find that the parents to whom I'm talking to know Cantonese, I personally will switch to Cantonese.  Certainly though, if I fould others feeling more comfortable in communicating in English, I would follow suit, not because of pretending, but just for courtesy and to show respect to other people's preference.

16#
發表於 10-8-12 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mighty 於 10-8-11 19:14 發表

I wonder which ESF you are talking about?  I always went to my child's school (3 times per week) after school for her extra activities but I only heard English used amongst peers.  Very rarely did t ...

我只係反映囡囡Year 1時的情況,在 class/afterschool activities小朋友自動不會講廣東話的,they only talk in playtime after lunch among HK peer。我估因為真係好多小朋友在kinder時都貫講廣東話,even由ESF kinder升上去的,其實都好正常,因為廣東話你HK主流語言。我唔會担心,因為當佢哋大D,佢哋自動波全英語,流利到你聽唔切添...反而佢依家講下廣東話幾搞笑就真...

P.S. 我曾住RC附返,反而好多大D嘅中學生學校外係用廣東話溝通,唔知係味咁啱遇到啫?

17#
發表於 10-8-12 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 Mighty 於 10-8-11 19:14 發表

I wonder which ESF you are talking about?  I always went to my child's school (3 times per week) after school for her extra activities but I only heard English used amongst peers.  Very rarely did t ...

我只係反映囡囡Year 1時的情況,在 class/afterschool activities小朋友自動不會講廣東話的,they only talk in playtime after lunch among HK peer。我估因為真係好多小朋友在kinder時都貫講廣東話,even由ESF kinder升上去的,其實都好正常,因為廣東話你HK主流語言。我唔會担心,因為當佢哋大D,佢哋自動波全英語,流利到你聽唔切添...反而佢依家講下廣東話幾搞笑就真...

P.S. 我曾住RC附返,反而好多大D嘅中學生學校外係用廣東話溝通,唔知係味咁啱遇到啫?

18#
發表於 10-8-12 12:26 |只看該作者
只係個人意見

[ 本帖最後由 nama 於 10-8-12 12:43 編輯 ]

19#
發表於 10-8-12 14:53 |只看該作者

20#
發表於 10-8-13 11:32 |只看該作者
It's good to know many of your Children can switch languages well when they grow up.

However, I worry if my boy can't pass the interview because of less fluent English.

To: Ann0805
Would you share more info about woodland's stepping stone class?
My boy will reach 2yr3mo in Dec and he may take stepping stone at that time.

How's your experience of "Yew Chung bilingual playgroup"?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題